PDA

View Full Version : A brief announcement

Kaiserin
1st July 2007, 11:29 PM
As per request of the server admins, the /j, /join, and /invite commands have been disabled on both Java applets.

If you want to join other channels besides the one the chat directs you to, you'll have to download mIRC from now on.

Now you know.

So stop PMing me complaining about it. >_>;

EDIT: A FAQ on obtaining and running mIRC can be found here (http://www.ircbeginner.com/ircinfo/mirc.html).

Serebii
1st July 2007, 11:33 PM
Technically while thats true, we've also had to put a block in so you can only join #spp and #spp-wifi as there are other ways to join chats...too many other chats on the network were getting annoying guests in so we had to

Ho-oh Master
2nd July 2007, 1:40 AM

Can I still get Invited from other chans?

Serebii
2nd July 2007, 12:43 PM
You can get invited but you cannot join

Erik Destler
3rd July 2007, 3:19 AM
This is one of the greatest things since the invention of sliced bread.

:DDDD
I love it.

But I wish there was something else we could do to prevent that silly stuff, but 99% of the idiot channels should be gone !

:DD

I was waiting for this to be implemented :D

Nny
3rd July 2007, 3:38 AM
Oh.My.God.

I think this time it should work. I am getting pretty tired of the people from spp and wifi trying to advertise their channels and such. Especially since even the Admins/Ircops of the server are getting ticked off of it. Only problem are the people who use mIRC will be able to keep doing it but oh well. It's mostly the javas doing it.

Mewalga_702
4th July 2007, 3:16 AM
yeah, i have a question
i have a mac and mIRC wont work on it, so wat should i do?
i downloaded xchat aqua, but no one knows how to use it and i cant find a good guid for it on the net and i really want to go on other channels, if u can help me, contact me here or on the chat, i am TBCL_Luis on it

Fox
4th July 2007, 10:46 AM
yeah, i have a question
i have a mac and mIRC wont work on it, so wat should i do?
i downloaded xchat aqua, but no one knows how to use it and i cant find a good guid for it on the net and i really want to go on other channels, if u can help me, contact me here or on the chat, i am TBCL_Luis on it

I may be able to help you if I get the time because I used Xchat Aqua on my laptop.

elyvorg
7th July 2007, 11:51 AM
What about the Java Users who have enough intelligence NOT to go into other channels and spam them? What about us?

Fenix
7th July 2007, 2:26 PM
What about the Java Users who have enough intelligence NOT to go into other channels and spam them? What about us?

Nothing.
You must suffer 'cause of the idiocy of others :/

zipzap713
7th July 2007, 4:57 PM
Oh thank god this went into effect. In the Wifi chat, people were advertising by typing "j/ #Theirchan" and other abnoxious stuff like that to advertise their chat, but since that command is disabled, their advertising is useless to those many java users. Yes!

Locke Yggdrasill
9th July 2007, 8:46 PM
Unless you save the chat page, download the cabs and jars and source them in the shtml file, and modify the parameters! Mwar! (Yes, too much time, yet too little time to be bothered to download SPPscript or whatever. So sue me.)