PDA

View Full Version : Paul or Drew?

!!!Serebii Lover!!!
2nd July 2007, 1:37 AM
I don't know why but latly I have been wondering who do people like better Pual or Drew so can someone answer me who so you like better?please also post why.

Korobooshi Kojiro
2nd July 2007, 1:39 AM
Drew.

Paul...is mean! I hate that he's mean to Ash! He should be nice! Everyone in my world is nice, so why not his.

>.>

Paul I like better. Because he's different from the norm. Drew never really appealed to me.

Mandi.
2nd July 2007, 1:49 AM
Paul. <3 He's badass, different & just awesome.

Drew isn't really great, thats all. D:

Cenzo
2nd July 2007, 1:51 AM
Ha! Drew never "appealed" to Kojiro! It is to laugh! Sign me up on team Drew!

Pearl's Perap
2nd July 2007, 3:03 AM
Oh, this is actually a rather tough one, but i'm going to have to say, Paul.

He just..breaks the mold in term of main characters in pokémon, him being the total opposite of Ash in every way is just great, so yeah, Paul, but Drew does come fairly close.

Sonjo
2nd July 2007, 4:04 AM
Fools.

Shinji is a far better trainer than Drew ever was. He can take Drew out with just his Chimchar. >_>

HoennMaster
2nd July 2007, 4:17 AM
Paul, 100%. So much cooler, and badass then Drew.

Jo-Jo
2nd July 2007, 4:26 AM
:( Drew's going to get steamrollered, isn't he?

I vote for my bishie. *clings*

CyberCubed
2nd July 2007, 5:50 AM
Its really not fair to compare Paul to Drew. They're rivals to different characters and both do different things, (one is a Gym battler and the other is a coordinator).

The more logical thing to do is to compare Paul to Gary and then compare Drew to Zoey, since y'know...that makes more sense.

Anyhoo, I think Paul has become my favorite rival in the series, and has dethroned Harley for the top spot. He's definitely a cool character and breaks the mold of 10 seasons of nice guys.

I did like Drew though, mostly because I can relate to him, he wants to get into May's shorts, what's not to like? At least you can give him credit for being the only guy in the history of the anime to successfully swoon over an A++ piece of jailbait.

ShinyManafi
2nd July 2007, 6:22 AM
Paul probably, he is a definitely change in rivalry.

Whiscash
2nd July 2007, 10:40 AM
Aww, my two favourite characters in Pokémon = (

...Okay then, Paul. Cause of his uniqueness and the whole opposite-to-Ash thing. I do like Drew, but rivalwise, he's nothing really new = / Tough call though...

Xashlei
2nd July 2007, 11:57 AM
Drew, I don't like people who treat their Pokemon badly. Paul's powerful though.

scizor08
2nd July 2007, 12:00 PM
I like Draw better because he knows how to raise his pokemon well in a balanced-manner..

Dark FireBird
2nd July 2007, 12:12 PM
i like drew better- at least he treats his pokemon right! although paul is tougher...

Hater_of_Legendaries
2nd July 2007, 12:16 PM
Drew, mainly because Paul reminds me of a lot of people that I hate.

Princess Reina
2nd July 2007, 1:38 PM
Both suck.

Annoying kiddos with huge ego.

pikablue
2nd July 2007, 4:12 PM
drew.
filler

dd1zzle
2nd July 2007, 4:25 PM
Drew because he loved his pokemon...everyone execpt Absol

Nights
2nd July 2007, 4:37 PM
Paul...he is so much cooler than Drew.

Sushi
2nd July 2007, 4:45 PM
Drew.

Not necessarily as a rival (he was only slightly above average in that department, whereas Paul fulfills that position much better), but moreso as a character. I must admit I also think Drew is a tad more handsome than Paul, but that's...irrelevant I guess.

Meh, I just liked the way Drew developed over the course of the series, though that brings me to another point; we have yet to see the first bits of character development on Paul's side, so it might be unfair to judge the case right now. For all we know Paul could have a really bizarre backstory and his growth could take an even more interesting path than Drew's...

Anyhow, I like Drew's Pokémon much better as well - although you could say that I'm biased because Butterfree, Flygon and Absol have been game favorites of mine since day one, and Masquerain and Roselia are just adorable ;)

Paul has better clothes though - and a super cool one-strap backpack.

Rex Kamex
2nd July 2007, 4:50 PM
Meh, I just liked the way Drew developed over the course of the series, though that brings me to another point; we have yet to see the first bits of character development on Paul's side, so it might be unfair to judge the case right now. For all we know Paul could have a really bizarre backstory and his growth could take an even more interesting path than Drew's...

I'm actually hoping that's the case.

dd1zzle
2nd July 2007, 4:51 PM
Drew should of caught a Vulpix

Hunter_RuLe
2nd July 2007, 5:02 PM
Paul it is. I never really liked Drew, he was just a average second Gary while Paul is far more original imo.

Gravy
2nd July 2007, 5:04 PM
Drew should of caught a Vulpix
The relevance of this statement almost sent me into a coma. It was just that worthwhile.

Anywho, sarcastic jabs at other members aside; I'm not entirely sure who I like better, at this point. Although I still dig Shinj's cold-hearted attitude, I've gotten over the initial hype of such a character managing to wriggle his way into the show. Initially, I'd have probably just said 'Shinji', applauded and be done with it, but no. i'm looking at Shuu now and, as Sushi pointed out, he's got more to him on the 'character' side of the spectrum. We've seen his personallity and relationship with Haruka grow over time, and that was what made him an interesting regular. Whereas Shinji, at the moment, is just cool because he doesn't mess around and has no time for anyone.

Semi-long winded babble aside; Both of them, I guess. I enjoy each of them for different reasons~

CaptainBrain
2nd July 2007, 5:17 PM
Drew and Paul are both very good characters.

Paul is a typical jerk. Drew is a flowerloving pretty boy with green hair. Paul has Chimchar, Drew has Roselia.

I prefer Drew. Drew has Roselia. And Roselia = Love.

Hikarii
2nd July 2007, 5:36 PM
I was never crazy about Shuu, although I do admit he has a lot more character to him than Shinji does.

With that, plain and simple, I'm going to say Shinji. I loooove his purple haaair. And cool clothes. And the aforementioned one-strap backpack.

lilbigman42012
2nd July 2007, 5:57 PM
I hate Paul, If I could get in the T.V i wuold bring my pokemon and own him, then beat him up. And by the way wuts up with Ash? Is he all of a sudden garbage? But anyways Gary is still the best, he has feelings but he's hard and he'd beat Paul anyday in a battle.

Crystal Clair
3rd July 2007, 6:39 AM
Crystal Clair: Drew may be jailbait and uh......
but he's no Shinji

Shinji: *looks above and points* Tsukaenai posuto!

Crystal Clair: *pats Shinji* and Shinji has nothing to do with ContestShipping..... *whispers* Just ComaShipping

Shinji: !Say what!?

Knight_Ram
3rd July 2007, 6:44 AM
I hate Paul, If I could get in the T.V i wuold bring my pokemon and own him, then beat him up. And by the way wuts up with Ash? Is he all of a sudden garbage? But anyways Gary is still the best, he has feelings but he's hard and he'd beat Paul anyday in a battle.

If we were all able to get into the TV, I think 10% of us would get pwned by Paul. Only because that 10% are noobs.

If it was me, I would pwn him 100 times over. Also, I have to go with Paul, he has a good battle style under his belt and if he had high grade Pokémon like Drew does, I am sure that Drew would be beat by Paul just because Paul has a better battle style than Drew.

Blaperile
3rd July 2007, 6:32 PM
Drew is much better then Paul, just because!!!!

n@nd0
5th July 2007, 4:50 AM
At least Drew sends flowers to May (SO CUTE :P) but Paul is... mean he won't ever send Ash some flowers (jajajajajaja...)

n@nd0
5th July 2007, 4:51 AM
At least Drew sends flowers to May (SO CUTE :P) but Paul is... mean he won't ever send Ash some flowers (jajajajajaja...)

Anzua2
5th July 2007, 6:43 AM
Paul or Drew?

Neither of them.

YaoiLink
5th July 2007, 6:58 AM
hmm o so hard to chose, but i have to put my vote on drew hes one of the only male-side char that does something other then just gym battles. paul is good too but drew has more of a elegant flare ^^