PDA

View Full Version : Is it time for Jessie to get a gag pokemon?

octoboy
4th July 2007, 2:33 AM
Have you noticed Jessie's shortage of gag pokemon? James' whole team currently consists of them and he's had quite a history with them. There were the abusive/overaffectionate grass types, mimicking mime jr. and wrap tail around head chimecho. The only non gag pokemon on his team was weezing. Jessie on the other hand has pretty much just wobuffet. The rest of her team is pretty serious. What I found annoying is there was an intro/closing sequence which made it look as if seviper would have a hair biting gag, which ended up not happening? So, do you think she needs some pokemon which have certain habits?

Pearl's Perap
4th July 2007, 2:38 AM
I believe she needs a new pokémon full-stop, an annoying habit would make it better, however. I simply don't see Jessie with anything, really, a Chatot could have made a nice addition, it could mock her when she has her little psychotic moments, but that idea is just something I would want.

Other than that, Lickilicky is the only thing I can think of, though there is even less chance of that, I would sooner her keep Wobby than trade back IF that is what would even happen.

Absol_utely
4th July 2007, 3:20 AM
She should replace her current "gagmon" who is sooo stale with a Lickilicky:)
OR a Stunky that keeps...well...you can guess!

As she seems to be the snake-trainer within the Animé, and there's no new serpents in DP, and given TR's poison-nature, I would predict Skorupi, or even a Combee...that's male!!!

intergalactic platypus
4th July 2007, 6:54 AM
Yeah poor James is the butt of all the jokes

flyboy1308
4th July 2007, 7:07 AM
A Chatot for her would've owned!

grasswhistle
4th July 2007, 9:39 AM
well to be honest, i can really see her with a smoochem that could repeatedly kiss her alot or maybe even have a crush on mime jr like buneary does on pikachu. remember her obsession over smoochem in pokemon battle frontier? i think there were about three episodes where jesse ranted about how she loved smoochem. all i know is that i am getting REALLY sick of wobbefett and am mad that they took lickitung off the show (especially now that there is likiliky). I have never liked wobbefett and really miss the old team rocket in season one where they were a little more tough. it was really stupid of them to release weezing and arbok.

also, it really annoys me how they had misty's togepie evolve and then realease it. they should have just kept it as togepie.

and i am just throwing out ideas here but can you see ash with a hippotas at all? because i can. and i think it is time that ash caught another sinnoh pokemon.

octoboy
4th July 2007, 5:04 PM
Please leave togepi and Ash out of this.

As for lickitung, I don't know if it could come back. There's no way in the world of pokemon wobuffet's going. The writers love the thing so much he even defied the no crossovers clause for Hoenn (pikachu and meowth were the only others to do that. Foretress did too technically, but that was just because Brock needed a pokemon to use before he caught something from Hoenn). When I posted a thread questioning why wobuffet got in, people mocked me, saying "have you no sense of humour?". Of course he probably gets more stale in English because his pun doesn't translate well. The original one was based on the fact that Sonansu meant "so its seems". Unfortunately wobuffet didn't get a literal translation name, so in English, the joke is that he just is always releasing himself from his ball too often (this hurt not only wobuffet, but skitty, who's gag was turned to rerun)

Anyway, enough about wobby, let's see about the other ideas. Lickilicky? Well, Jessie'd need lickitung back for that (or get a new one, which seems kind of a dumb idea). I don't know if that guy would want his wobbuffet back, but I guess if the writers really wanted to, they'd make lickitung get really annoying by licking him a lot.

Chatot? Well, I dunno about you guys, but I'm seeing a few problems with putting him on the same team as meowth. A talking pokemon for team rocket sorta steals his gig, doesn't it? Also, if it just mimicked Jessie, he'd be mime jr. with speech.

As for smoochum, that sounds as if it would work. Except it's a little old now though... Though I could see a kissy pokemon and the likes mime is a great idea.

The only problem with cute pokemon like combee and smoochum are the fact that pokemon like that are usually portrayed as good, and if made a part of team rocket act "good" by messing up their plans. Remember when wobuffet would cause so much trouble? And mime did a bit of screwing up when it was new (like the ampharos medicine episode) though it had less reason to, being not traded and caught voluntarily. Jessie would need to really get on the thing's good side, though knowing her, she'd probably be rather nasty to it (though if grasswhistle's words were true, and she does really want a smoochum, she may be too enamoured with the thing to hound it around. It worked for wurm, right?).

This is not a "what new pokemon should Jessie have?" thread, so please only say ideas for gag pokemon.

Orangen
4th July 2007, 5:24 PM
If Jessie were to get her Lickitung back and it evolved inti Lickilicky, I could see that as a "gagmon." It could repeatedly lick her, and if she were to get a kissy Smoochum too... XD

I think Skorupi would be a good gagmon too though. It's really the most snake-like of the new Pokémon, only it could turn out to be an insubordinate little ***** that acts just like Jessie. ^_^;

Princess Reina
4th July 2007, 8:31 PM
Ehh... I just hope she will get her Lickitung back because her Wobba-gag is really boring. I feel sorry for Wobbuffet, he has so bad trainer ;__; He needs Benny!

flyboy1308
6th July 2007, 4:50 AM
^Benny was NOT a good trainer.

Princess Reina
6th July 2007, 10:19 AM
^Benny was NOT a good trainer.

He was. How do you think? Why is Wobbuffet so strong?

Even if he isnt good as a trainer he will give Wobbuffet more love than Jessie.

Blaperile
6th July 2007, 2:51 PM
She should replace her current "gagmon" who is sooo stale with a Lickilicky:)
OR a Stunky that keeps...well...you can guess!

As she seems to be the snake-trainer within the Animé, and there's no new serpents in DP, and given TR's poison-nature, I would predict Skorupi, or even a Combee...that's male!!!

Yeah a Lickilicky she needs that. :D

Shiny pokemon lover
7th July 2007, 12:00 AM
I am agree. They could give her Lickitung back and let it evolve.
And either Wobuffet of Dustox can leave.
Take away the worst deadweight!

Korobooshi Kojiro
7th July 2007, 12:01 AM
Swalot.

It'f repeatedly throw up.

octoboy
12th July 2007, 2:42 AM
Do you really think the dubbers would allow a vomiting gag?

Also, why get a generation three pokemon?

Ruris
12th July 2007, 2:50 AM
He was. How do you think? Why is Wobbuffet so strong?

Because it's Wobbuffet

Kenpachi
12th July 2007, 2:50 AM
I would LOVe for Jessie to have an overaffectionate Lickilicky.
I just wanna hear her scream that out loud every episode.
It can hug her when it comes out and lick her cheek and she'll pry it off and have it attack Ash n friends.

octoboy
13th July 2007, 2:29 AM
I think the problem is that Jessie is so darn assertive. Any pokemon which would try any of that overaffectionate stuff would just need one telling off and then leave her alone for the rest of the time. She'd need a gag pokemon which wouln't provoke her to do that (which would be almost anything). How about something which can't be intimidated by her ferocious personality? An ethereal ghost type might work. She couldn't beat it up, and a ghost couldn't really be that intimidated. Maybe a ghost which is constantly scaring her?

master of aggrons
13th July 2007, 2:31 AM
the gag pkmn for jesse is burmy to either mothim or wormadam

Desert Flower
13th July 2007, 2:35 AM
Jessie's already a walking gag, even if she isn't funny.

I honestly hope they DO NOT give her a Lickilicky. It's bad enough that it has an annoying name, I do not want to listen to her shriek that name in every episode.

Kenpachi
13th July 2007, 3:04 AM
Jessie's already a walking gag, even if she isn't funny.

I honestly hope they DO NOT give her a Lickilicky. It's bad enough that it has an annoying name, I do not want to listen to her shriek that name in every episode.
........I Know I do.

Manaphy Mare
13th July 2007, 4:22 AM
I think the problem is that Jessie is so darn assertive. Any pokemon which would try any of that overaffectionate stuff would just need one telling off and then leave her alone for the rest of the time. She'd need a gag pokemon which wouln't provoke her to do that (which would be almost anything). How about something which can't be intimidated by her ferocious personality? An ethereal ghost type might work. She couldn't beat it up, and a ghost couldn't really be that intimidated. Maybe a ghost which is constantly scaring her?

I think Misdrevus would be perfect! Think about it; Misdrevus could keep scaring Jessie and it could eventually evolve into Mismagus.

Q-Dizzle16
13th July 2007, 10:27 AM
I think it would be funny if she got a Purugly that may typically refuse to battle and caused her to freak out at it. It could also have a big crush on Meowth and constantly jump on top of him, crushing him in the process lol.

octoboy
14th July 2007, 4:40 AM
^ I actually love that idea. Purugly seems perfect for Jessie, and I see that joke working fine. Though one snag is the fact that Dawn's momma claimed glameow.

And exactly what would Burmy do? It seems like you're trying to say you want her to have it, and as I said, this is not a Wut noo pokaymawn shood Jessseee get???///? Thread.

I couldn't see mismagius being that comical.

Sir Devious
14th July 2007, 11:52 AM
Chatot- It could say the moto with her and or attack her to make her shut up and finish it with James

Likkilikki[sp?]- If she ever got a Likitung back [[VERY unlikley]] it would like lick her

Smoochum- Kisses and more kisses, and mabie relationship with Mime Jr.

Skorupi- I could see her loving it and actually having a strong pokemon

\Dustox needs to go take care of a tribe of Wurmple or something and LEAVE

Crystal Emblem
14th July 2007, 9:20 PM
Release seviper and dustox, PLEASE. They're getting old. Maybe a kirlia that constantly fool off instead of battle? and could evolve into a gallade? just an idea.

Q-Dizzle16
14th July 2007, 9:23 PM
^ I actually love that idea. Purugly seems perfect for Jessie, and I see that joke working fine. Though one snag is the fact that Dawn's momma claimed glameow.

Dawn's momma can have glameow. She could catch Purugly the way it is, not pre-evolved.

Crystal Emblem
14th July 2007, 9:29 PM
Dont Forget dawn's rival has a glameow that may evolve into purugly.

legendofFire
15th July 2007, 2:02 PM
Dustox needs to go take care of a tribe of Wurmple or something and LEAVE

i dont think that would happen its old they did that to get rid of weezing and arbok they wont redo it i was thinking an ambipom would come out and happily slap her but ash has an aipom but if any of it happens she will get ****** like in the episode james lost victreebell and got a new one that swallowed jessie she flung that thing like a golf ball.

octoboy
16th July 2007, 1:28 AM
i dont think that would happen its old they did that to get rid of weezing and arbok they wont redo it But that was already old from when Ash got rid of pidgeot. That's the generic "get rid of a pokemon we don't want anymore but have no excuse" thing.

but if any of it happens she will get ****** like in the episode James lost victreebel and got a new one that swallowed jessie she flung that thing like a golf ball.

You said it, Legend!

Any pokemon with a gag which would get Jessie mad would either get dumped, or take such a beating that they wouldn't be funny anymore.

And as for the rival with glameow thing, it hasn't evolved yet. Wait until it does. And the purugly joke would work, because the pokemon isn't really hurting Jessie herself, could possibly be oblivious enough not to care about Jessie's freaking, and would work for her.

legendofFire
16th July 2007, 12:57 PM
i do think jessie just might sink as low as beating up other peoples pokemon but she needs a pokemon that doesnt affect her psyically like wobbufets gag like a chatot

Princess Reina
16th July 2007, 3:54 PM
Oh yeah, she should get Purugly. They would be like twins! lol XD

octoboy
17th July 2007, 8:47 AM
i do think jessie just might sink as low as beating up other peoples pokemon but she needs a pokemon that doesnt affect her psyically like wobbufets gag like a chatot

I really do not like the idea of chatot on team rocket. Poor meowth!

I do believe purugly would be the perfect pokemon for Jessie. It has the femininity along with just enough smugness to be perfect. She could be a shadow for Giovanni!

And maybe she could be so enamoured with it (which I can imagine) she wouldn't pull out the scare-the-hell-out-of-and-remove-all-humour act.

legendofFire
17th July 2007, 1:24 PM
jessie wouldnt want a purugly she be ean at times but she wont want something as ugly as that shes strived for a beautifly she WILL NOT take in a purugly

Excalibur
17th July 2007, 6:17 PM
Jess could use a new pokemon, for sure. Something that abuses her, heh. I think she should get a Lickilicky. So much potential for humor...