PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for being such nice people.

krypto74
4th July 2007, 1:32 PM
Ok, I'm not a complainer. I'm an adult, I understand rules and I read them thoroughly. This thread is a thank you to Leona for being such a kind and considerate Op this morning.

Per the rules, I went to #SPP-WiFi in order to request -izers. Magmizer and Electrizer items specifically. I asked about the GTS, it seems that GTS is also refusing legendaries, so I can't get 2 of the last few pokemon I need to finish my -dex.

Immediately, with no warning and with no explanation, I was +b from the channel. I checked the status log and found out one of the ops had banned me, so I sent a PM to Leona, who has many complaints against her here in this forum (all of which were ignored and closed I notice). I simply asked "I was banned?"
She helpfully sent back the request I made "I need -izers" and then said "Idiot."

I'm not an idiot. I also don't see anywhere in the rules that state I'm not allowed to make a single request for items. It was very unfriendly, very unhelpful, and has discolored my image of this fine website.

Now I understand after I shut down the chat that I should have gotten logs, in order to lodge a complaint. This is why this is not a complaint. This is a thank you.

Leona, thank you for expressing your displeasure with a Noob in such a understanding manner and educational response to a situation. I understand that chat is a stressful mode of communication and requires moderation, and am sure that you understood the reason behind this action against me.

I sure don't know what I did wrong. I will NEVER be visiting that channel again and am contemplating removing this site from my bookmarks regardless of how useful it has been in catching over 468 Pokemon in my current Pearl game. At this point, regardless of any official reason for reacting, and assuming that I actually did something wrong, I accept whatever I did was enough in your mind to insult, patronize, and alienate a guest. It won't happen again, and I'll be sure to advise others not to bother your exclusive chat with mysterious rules and rude moderators.

In conclusion, thank you, Leona. Thank you for nothing at all.

Fox
4th July 2007, 1:50 PM
My best guess is that she mistook you saying "-izers" as an intentional evasion of Arceus. Or something like that.

That's the best explanation I can give. I've unbanned you if that matters at all.

Chris
4th July 2007, 3:58 PM
Looking at the logs. You did specifically only say "Looking for -izers." I appologize for any problems, but you do have to understand that we do have it in our rules to be as CLEAR as possible about what you're looking for. We have a ton of people who test our patience by trying to evade the scripts in the fashion of typing in various spellings for a banned Pokémon's name.

With Arceus, we get "R C Us," "R Cues" "@rceus" "Ar****" and so forth.

Probably would have been simple to just let her know that you were looking for the items to help Electabuzz and Magmar evolve rather than ask why you were banned. The number one thing that gets to us ops is when people who do break the rules (not saying you did) proceed to PM us and go apeshit about why they were banned while claiming "U BAN ME 4 NO REASON."

Kirby
5th July 2007, 9:12 AM
Looking at the logs. You did specifically only say "Looking for -izers." I appologize for any problems, but you do have to understand that we do have it in our rules to be as CLEAR as possible about what you're looking for. We have a ton of people who test our patience by trying to evade the scripts in the fashion of typing in various spellings for a banned Pokémon's name.

With Arceus, we get "R C Us," "R Cues" "@rceus" "Ar****" and so forth.

Probably would have been simple to just let her know that you were looking for the items to help Electabuzz and Magmar evolve rather than ask why you were banned. The number one thing that gets to us ops is when people who do break the rules (not saying you did) proceed to PM us and go apeshit about why they were banned while claiming "U BAN ME 4 NO REASON."

As much as I like Leona, and as clear as the rules are, that really doesn't excuse the way she acted towards the topic creator.

It's really sad, too, because the topic creator, judging from his spelling and the way he forms his sentence, is obviously intelligent, which is a plus, considering the amount of non-intelligent individuals we get in the chat.

I would like to also sincerely apologize on Leona's behalf. I can assure you that in the case something like this happens again (in which case it shouldn't, but you never know), that you're always free to send me a PM. Best way to PM me is on the forums, and not over the chat. When you PM me on the forums, please include your nickname and the person you're having problems with, and I'll be more then happy to help.

I don't need logs, for I will have them on my computer.