PDA

View Full Version : Will Ash ever realise Misty likes him?

The Dragon Trainer
5th July 2007, 9:19 PM
I just got back into pokemon when the game and new series started. Do you think Ash will find out in this series that Misty likes him?

haruka~
5th July 2007, 9:24 PM
He already knows Misty likes him. He's her best friend. She doesn't like him any more than that. >>

morefirepokemon
5th July 2007, 9:31 PM
sure and im really on the moon
were talking about ash, he'll never realize it, he worries about battleing more

Blaperile
5th July 2007, 9:33 PM
We wil see. ;)

Mandi.
5th July 2007, 9:34 PM
Misty is smart, I doubt she likes him anymore. And knowing Ash, he will never know how she use to feel. xD

Princess Reina
5th July 2007, 9:41 PM
It was just a small crush. She doesnt like him anymore.

Rooreelooo
5th July 2007, 9:46 PM
I think the writers will forever leave it ambiguous. They will leave the situation as it is, so people can choose to either believe that:
A) The lack of evidence means she still likes him
B) The lack of evidence means she stopped liking him

That way they don't have to commit to either, and, while they assume everyone is happy, in actual fact everyone is in conflict about this-and-that ship.

As for him ever realising she likes him? I doubt it. Cartoons tend to return to the position they were in when they started, 'wiping the slate clean' as I saw somebody else say. Typically major events that affect the way characters interact with each other will never happen. I mean, Brock's pretty much been there from the start, and the relationship between him and Ash is exactly the same as it was when they first met.

Liberty4Pokemon
5th July 2007, 9:47 PM
This should probably be in the Shipping section, but oh well.

To answer the question: I don't think Ash is going to find out Misty has a crush on him in the D/P saga, or anytime soon. Ash is pretty much oblivious when it comes to romance, and is much more concerned with achieving his goal to become a Pokémon master than pursuing a relationship. However, I do think there's a possibility of Ash finally putting two and two together in the final saga, for no other reason than the writers want to tie up loose ends with Misty.

flyboy1308
5th July 2007, 9:48 PM
The writers will give it absolutely NO closure, so we'll never know.

Blaziryu
5th July 2007, 10:19 PM
Oh no, Ash does know that Misty likes him more than just a friend. It's Misty who doesn't know that Ash is queer & hasn't come out of the closet yet. Think about it, why Ash mostly travels with Brock?

Pearl's Perap
5th July 2007, 11:20 PM
Oh no, Ash does know that Misty likes him more than just a friend. It's Misty who doesn't know that Ash is queer & hasn't come out of the closet yet. Think about it, why Ash mostly travels with Brock?

Maybe he just has excellent cooking skills? Kids these days...

Ash never will realise as he doesn't even seem to remember who Misty even is, unless she makes a cameo appearence for an episode or two before returning to his sister's.

Ash is too busy with pokémon anyway to notice.

Rex Kamex
6th July 2007, 12:12 AM
It's gonna be hard for Ash to realize that Misty likes him as more than just a friend when she doesn't now. What have the writers done to show that the ship is still canon?

(I like the ship, but that doesn't mean I think it'll come true.)

Misty couldn't even directly tell Ash she liked him at the end of the Johto arc. If the writers want to make Pokeshipping canon, what are they waiting for? (You'd think that AG and beyond would have solid hints...)

Cenzo
6th July 2007, 1:06 AM

Because Brock is a stalker? We know Ash is straight, he liked Giselle in Kanto.

CyberCubed
6th July 2007, 1:26 AM
Ash doesn't even know Brock comes back half the time.

Remember, he went to Hoenn thinking he was going to travel alone. Then after May/Max join Brock comes back out of nowhere.

He also thought he was going to travel in Sinnoh alone...and then what happens? Brock comes out of freakin' nowhere and rejoins him.

Man, I used to really like Brock but now I'm so bored of him I wish he'd be replaced by a new character. I really like Croagunk and Sudowoodo, but after D/P ends I really hope Brock leaves. He's been here far too long.

YaoiLink
6th July 2007, 1:27 AM
typical boys *sigh* in real life boys are more competive in every aspect. thats why its hard for them to relize when a girl is crushing on them -_- and the rule still applys to ash. hes so wraped up in becomeing the best he cant see that misty was, or is still liked him @-@

Champion Jared 14
6th July 2007, 7:12 AM
No, because he doesn't see her anymore, nor does Misty make apperances anymore, not even cameos.

Reign G
6th July 2007, 9:02 AM
No, no he won't. Why? Because MISTY DOES NOT LIKE ASH AND ASH DOES NOT LIKE HER!

Well, not romantically at least. I mean, they're friends, but they don't like eachother in that way.

LuisManuel316
6th July 2007, 9:23 AM
Eventualy but who knows right? the funny thing is everyone and their gramas noticed she liked ash but ash. mean he's such a(in the imortal words of grif tannen from Back to the future) butthead.

and by the by Misty has guest apearance ''cameo'' would men she would have a non-speking role just pointing that out.

Princess Reina
6th July 2007, 10:17 AM
No, no he won\'t. Why? Because MISTY DOES NOT LIKE ASH AND ASH DOES NOT LIKE HER!

Well, not romantically at least. I mean, they\'re friends, but they don\'t like eachother in that way.

Misty used to like him more than a friend but now she is older, lives in Cerulean and doesnt have any special feelings to Ash. She likes him as an old friend from past but nothing else. Ash never liked her more than a friend. She was like an older sis.

Pokeshipping will never be real.

Reign G
6th July 2007, 12:11 PM
Pokeshipping will never be real.

Along with any other Shipping that involves Ash. He has good intentions, but that poor boy's an idiot, way too dumb to have any romantic interest.

To think I was once an Advancesshipper...

Incarnati0n
6th July 2007, 12:23 PM
no, he won't

at least not before he realises that prof Oak is his dad

Chris
6th July 2007, 12:29 PM
When will the fanbase realize that there's NO actual love in the show between the main trainers except in friendly (or in some cases, paternal) manners.

You kids really need to stop obsessing over the non-existant love lives of animated 10-year olds. :s