PDA

View Full Version : Hikari Dawn Differences

Hikari Ex
6th July 2007, 6:33 PM
I saw the Original Japanese verson and the english, they reanimeated section of ep 1and change hikari personality (either that or japan's got better voice actor). dawn lost most of the happy go luckness and the voice is at a much lower+slonger wave length. The script changed to leval where dawn and hikari are two completely diffrent person. dose any hate dawn but like hikari?

Rex Kamex
6th July 2007, 6:36 PM
I don't see how Dawn's personality changed from Hikari's. It's just a different voice.

Griff4815
6th July 2007, 6:36 PM
Dawn's voice is much better and doesn't hurt my ear drums.

lilbigman42012
6th July 2007, 6:37 PM
i havent listened to them, but so far i guess i like Dawns character cept that she seems kinda stupid.(as in brainwise.)

Mandi.
6th July 2007, 6:43 PM
I don't see any differences between her personality in Japanese/English. o_O Its just her voice.

Cenzo
6th July 2007, 6:44 PM
Nope, they're the same girl. That's like saying Satoshi and Ash are two different people.

Anzua2
6th July 2007, 7:58 PM
I saw the Original Japanese verson and the english, they reanimeated section of ep 1

They completely re-drew an entire portion of the first episode? I thought dubbing companies just put new voices over the same shows. :0

and change hikari personality (either that or japan's got better voice actor).

The way a person's voice sounds changes their personality? I never knew that!

dawn lost most of the happy go luckness and the voice is at a much lower

Maybe that's because the typical young girl in america isn't as high-pitched as the typical young girl in Japan? Once again, I didn't know voices completely change someone's personality.

+longer wave length.

You don't even know what you're talking about anymore.

The script changed to leval where dawn and hikari are two completely diffrent person.

Yep, because when the dialogue is different from the fan-sub, but still conveys the same basic meaning, it makes the character horrible.

dose any hate dawn but like hikari?

No, because they are the same character.

Grow up, weeaboo.

Anzua2
6th July 2007, 8:05 PM
I saw the Original Japanese verson and the english, they reanimeated section of ep 1

They completely re-drew an entire portion of the first episode? I thought dubbing companies just put new voices over the same shows. :0

and change hikari personality (either that or japan's got better voice actor).

The way a person's voice sounds changes their personality? I never knew that!

dawn lost most of the happy go luckness and the voice is at a much lower

Maybe that's because the typical young girl in america isn't as high-pitched as the typical young girl in Japan? Once again, I didn't know voices completely change someone's personality.

+longer wave length.

You don't even know what you're talking about anymore.

The script changed to leval where dawn and hikari are two completely diffrent person.

Yep, because when the dialogue is different from the fan-sub, but still conveys the same basic meaning, it makes the character horrible.

dose any hate dawn but like hikari?

No, because they are the same character.

Grow up, weeaboo.

Geodude
7th July 2007, 9:18 AM
Uh, no. Might want to actually get a clue what you're talking about before trying to state your case.

Chris
7th July 2007, 9:41 AM
Oh you silly kids who don't know a word of Japanese yet assume anything Japanese is better.

There's no difference between Hikari or Dawn except names.