PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Ash's family/friends come to watch Ash's important matches anymore?

CyberCubed
7th July 2007, 4:07 AM
I remember before the Hoenn league aired people speculated that Oak, Delia and Misty would all come to Hoenn in person and watch Ash's league match. People expected them to show up, but instead they all stayed home and just watched from their TV screens.

Then, when Ash faced Brandon for the final time, we finally had Oak show up, but again, Delia/Misty were no-shows. It would have made a bit more sense for them to show up because they were in Kanto and it probably wouldn't have been a long trip from where they live.

Why do you think the writers have ignored them come league/important match time? And do you think we'll see any of them show up in the Sinnoh league, or watch from home again?

Kabuto
7th July 2007, 4:14 AM
I noticed this too. Theres no reason to continously use them i suppose.

Power of Fire
7th July 2007, 4:20 AM
sure evryone noticed this. but the writer don't want to be too repetetive

Chris
7th July 2007, 4:22 AM
Houen is across the sea, so it's no wonder they didn't show. As for the Battle Frontier, it's likely that they had other things to do. Can't expect them to show up all the time.

Xashlei
7th July 2007, 4:28 AM
it would be a lot more sensible if they did watch though.

Blaperile
7th July 2007, 10:53 AM
I think they wil watch at home Delia/Misty in the Sinnoh league and that Oak wil come again.

Anzua2
7th July 2007, 10:56 AM
They realized the show sucked and actually went on with their lives.

:0

Shiny pokemon lover
7th July 2007, 12:29 PM
Or mabye it Is to far away for them to travel? Misty is not allowed to the gym either I guess. But you are right, they scould came.

Surreal
7th July 2007, 12:46 PM
Or mabye it Is to far away for them to travel? Misty is not allowed to the gym either I guess. But you are right, they scould came.
I'm sorry, what?

Dax
8th July 2007, 1:37 AM
Well, Misty is a gym leader so I guess that the work in the gym keeps her busy. I understand Delia not being with Ash in Hoenn since it's far but I don't get why she wasn't in the battle against Brandon since it's the same region.

Captain Brain
8th July 2007, 1:48 AM
My theory is that in Battle with Brandon it being a frontier gym Ash is at some level required to separate from his Mom and when this relying on his friends. Like what happened with Dawn and her Mom when she lost her first contest and her Mom told her not to call her every time she wins/loses. Ash was just more mature and didn't need air time for that to be illustrated. Imagine A Frontier Brain calling his Mom every-time there was a match. As for Hoen, the excuse of travel and refrain from of them showing up to much makes sense to me. ;025;

Cenzo
8th July 2007, 1:52 AM
Well, Misty is a gym leader so I guess that the work in the gym keeps her busy. I understand Delia not being with Ash in Hoenn since it's far but I don't get why she wasn't in the battle against Brandon since it's the same region.

Maybe Delia was busy or something? That and the Pyramid was pretty far off from Pallet, and the only time we've seen her in a plane was in Movie 2.

Horn Drill
8th July 2007, 3:30 AM
You're all overlooking the fact that the writers took Misty to the Dune Sea and cast her into the Pit of Carkoon, the nesting place of the all powerful Sarlacc. In his belly she is finding a new definition of pain and suffering as she is slowly digested over a thousand years.

Ash's mom probably had some stupid chores to do at home, or maybe she didn't want to walk all the way to the Battle Pyramid just to see yet another Pokemon battle which Ash could've potentially lost.

Reign G
9th July 2007, 8:57 AM
You're all overlooking the fact that the writers took Misty to the Dune Sea and cast her into the Pit of Carkoon, the nesting place of the all powerful Sarlacc. In his belly she is finding a new definition of pain and suffering as she is slowly digested over a thousand years.

Yay! Misty got what was coming to her!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Seriously though, they just didn't show them for some reason. I dunno why. Because.

;190;Over and Out!;190;

Hikari Ex
9th July 2007, 11:44 AM
In DP hikari's mum watch her on TV
most likely they also watch satoshi on TV

Corzola
10th July 2007, 12:08 AM
In Pokemon: Misty works as gym leader. Deila has to work at home and might be able to see schedule matches in some league (but not BF which was at random dates). Oak is pretty busy with work and Tracy helps him out when he actually goes away (as seen and heard in BF).

In terms of the creation of the series: They [the characters]don’t have anything to do really. Deila for example, she could say like a few sentences but otherwise have nothing to do. The same goes for almost all characters (Oak and Misty excluded). Better then to dont have them in at all.

Remember that they all send gifts to Ash at the end of BF! None of them are forgotten!