PDA

View Full Version : Brock

xXBloodstainedLieXx
7th July 2007, 3:17 AM
I don't know if a thread like this was posted already but doesn't anyone think they should've let Misty come back and replace Brock with someone else. I mean they did it for orange islands and now they have been replacing the female character over and over again. Brock hasn't been replaced for 4 seasons after orange islands. what do you guys think?

Kabuto
7th July 2007, 3:20 AM
I think Ive seen enough of these threads.

CyberCubed
7th July 2007, 3:22 AM
Well, I like Croagunk and Sudowoodo in D/P, but overall I'm fairly bored of Brock's character.

He really should have left at the end of AG, but at least he has good Pokemon now to make up for his extended stay in the anime.

His character development has been absolutely horrible though, he hasn't changed at all in 500 episodes. He's generally treated like garbage by the writers and it shows, and I'm utterly convinced he's been the most mishandled main character in the anime now.

He's easily the worst character on the cast at the moment, but I guess if we managed to stomach him this long, we can take him for another season. As I said, Croagunk is worth it alone!

xXBloodstainedLieXx
7th July 2007, 4:08 AM
Well, I like Croagunk and Sudowoodo in D/P, but overall I'm fairly bored of Brock's character.

He really should have left at the end of AG, but at least he has good Pokemon now to make up for his extended stay in the anime.

His character development has been absolutely horrible though, he hasn't changed at all in 500 episodes. He's generally treated like garbage by the writers and it shows, and I'm utterly convinced he's been the most mishandled main character in the anime now.

He's easily the worst character on the cast at the moment, but I guess if we managed to stomach him this long, we can take him for another season. As I said, Croagunk is worth it alone!

Brock should leave by the next season. I hope

Blaperile
7th July 2007, 9:49 AM
Nah otherwise they don't have good food anymore and they would die then. XD

Surreal
7th July 2007, 11:50 AM
Nah otherwise they don't have good food anymore and they would die then. XD
Yep, since we all know that if your food tastes bad then you'll die.

Shine
7th July 2007, 1:06 PM
And bringing Misty back would doubtless make all the Pokeshipppers happy xD

But yeah, I agree. Brock is cool but the whole falling in love with every girl thing wore off around season 6. Although, think of what they'd be replacing him with... Tracey wasn't that great either.

Mandi.
7th July 2007, 2:11 PM
I actually kind of like Brock, even though he does nothing. I still like his personality and all. And watching Pokemon without him there would be strange to me since he's been here the whole time (besides the little OI).

Bringing Misty back wouldn't do much, but make fans happy (including me), but what would she bring back? Theres no point, plus shes a gym leader now.

Metal Bird
8th July 2007, 6:27 AM
They should of replaced him with Jimmy.

Horn Drill
8th July 2007, 6:44 AM
I kinda like Brock, even if it's only because of how he was back in the olden days. It would seem kinda weird if he wasn't there. He's a pretty pointless character now, though. It would be better if they made him more of a guidance/big-brother figure to Ash like he used to be, but I suppose Ash has matured enough now that he doesn't need Brock's advice for everything. Dawn is the newbie trainer, and she takes most of her advice from Ash.

I miss Ludicolo. :(

Desert Flower
8th July 2007, 6:53 AM
No. Tracey was so boring that I stopped watching the show for months. And I really like Brock, even though the writers have been treating him more like scenery than a character. His character development is indeed terrible, which makes me sad. They should do something drastic with him and freshen him up a bit, instead of just replacing him or giving him new pokemon.

Please no Ludicolo. I cringed when that thing evolved.

Anzua2
8th July 2007, 7:12 AM
Croagunk alone validates Brock's existence.

Things like Sudowodo and the Takeshi's Paradise ending theme are bonuses.

Joe.
8th July 2007, 7:24 AM
Without Brock they wouldnt be able to eat.

Or they would eat berries from trees. I don't think they have that much money to just go to places to eat constantly.

Captain Brain
8th July 2007, 7:33 AM
The question then is what to do to revitalize up Brock. Maybe make Pokemon breeder contests to compete in.;025;

Horn Drill
8th July 2007, 9:03 AM
The question then is what to do to revitalize up Brock. Maybe make Pokemon breeder contests to compete in.;025;

Or maybe expand on what makes Brock a Pokemon breeder at all. So far his only breeding cred comes from making special Pokemon food that makes them have shiny fur, apparently. They should at least give him an Egg of his own to hatch.

Xashlei
8th July 2007, 9:51 AM
You know they could just add another cooking character and you don't have to worry about food needs...

Anzua2
8th July 2007, 2:40 PM
We so need clone characters.

Shadow Warrior
8th July 2007, 2:58 PM
He is a good guy and a great cook, he dosen't need to go anywhere.

Anzua2
9th July 2007, 12:53 AM
Agreed.

He also gets (mostly) cool pokemon.

Mandi.
9th July 2007, 1:18 AM
I think he should stay.

Its not like we need everybody in the group to do something. Besides, it would suck if it was just Ash & Hikari. We need an extra little Brock in there

Cenzo
9th July 2007, 1:20 AM

Thank you for htting the nail on the forehead here. I like Brock, I like his Pokemon, but he needs to go. He's gotten old already!

Reign G
9th July 2007, 1:21 AM
I don't see why people think that without Brock they'll have no food. They got through fine in the Orange Islands without him.

Personally, I think each Generation should just replace Ash's companions with the boy and girl from that Gen. So, Johto was Jimmy and Marina, AG was Brendan and May, DP was Lucas and Dawn, etc.

The only reason I don't think Brock should leave is because he's getting good Pokémon this time around. Yay Croagunk! Yay Sudowoodo! But he himself, he got old early Johto. He should really go.

Desert Flower
9th July 2007, 7:49 AM
It's sad that food and pokemon are his only reasons for existing now. I'd really like it if they did something new with his character so he can stay longer. I like him better than most other main characters, despite his neglect from the writers.

Yuki Yagami
9th July 2007, 7:51 AM
Brock is kinda the comic relief of the group and if he leaves again like he did on the OI series, it would be boring.

Hikari Ex
9th July 2007, 10:46 AM
Brock is the slave, notice how satoshi and hikari's bag are too small to carry thier tents?