PDA

View Full Version : Prevent Your Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Data From Being Deleted!

Pikachu1391
7th July 2007, 2:41 PM
Have any of you ever been playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and the next time you turn it on, your saved data has mysteriously vanished? Even if you're lucky enough not to have experienced this, read on to avoid the problem. When you "quicksave" in a dungeon, the game creates a temporary save file of your adventure that will be deleted once you resume play. However, it - and all your other saved data - will also be deleted if you remove the game card from the Nintendo DS. So DO NOT remove the game card unless you have saved in a more permanent fashion, such as after completing a rescue mission or at your team base. Please help spread the word to other people to avoid this common, yet tragic, mistake; I was unfortunate enough to do it after playing for over 150 hours.

BlazingKen
7th July 2007, 2:57 PM
So thats why my data vanished. thanks

Jannicka
7th July 2007, 4:12 PM
I have removed the game while waiting for rescue and nothing happend. And so far I know, the game also quicke save, when you waint for rescue.

ninjascyther
7th July 2007, 5:44 PM
I will be wary of that, i have over 300 hours of hard work I would hate to lose. ;123;

Silver_Dialga
8th July 2007, 6:45 AM
Is it the same for Red Rescue Team?

Pikachu1391
8th July 2007, 6:44 PM
I don't know; I only have Blue Rescue Team. But to err on the side of caution, I'd avoid removing the game pack after a quicksave with Red Rescue Team as well. If you just started the game, you might try it, and if your data is erased, not much will be lost.

ninjascyther
10th July 2007, 1:14 AM
Is it the same for Red Rescue Team?

I certain I would have taken my red version out while it was quicksaved before but the problem is I dont want to test it just in case the data gets deleted. ;123;

Bitsy
12th July 2007, 7:32 AM
Hehe you guys didnt understand.
What Pikachu1391 meant was if you quicksave and then turn it off before you save again you will lose all of your data. By this logic the same should go for Pokemon Ranger.

ninjascyther
13th July 2007, 5:53 PM
Hehe you guys didnt understand.
What Pikachu1391 meant was if you quicksave and then turn it off before you save again you will lose all of your data. By this logic the same should go for Pokemon Ranger.

AH, of course now i see what he was saying. That is sort of common knowledge, it is so you cant quicksave right in front of a boss and just reset if you lose. (Thanks for bringing the logic Bitsy). ;123;

Crasher
15th July 2007, 2:02 PM
Thanks, I know not to do that now!

Minun2
15th July 2007, 2:53 PM
Thats true, but I don't think that was what he was talking about, he meant, once you've quicksaved, don't remove the game, or it'll delete your save altogether

Pikachu1391
19th July 2007, 7:40 AM
Yes, Minun2 is correct. I'm not referring to what happens if you don't save the game after resuming play after a quicksave, I mean you will lose your data if you remove the game pack/card from the playing system unless you do a normal (not quick) save at your team base or after returning from an adventure immediately before removal.

pichu757
19th July 2007, 8:07 AM
Oh, That Never Happened to me... Thanks! Now I won't Do It!

Aura Sphere
21st July 2007, 5:30 AM
It wont be deleted. it will go where the LAST save was.