PDA

View Full Version : Ash and Misty

Weezing110
7th July 2007, 6:22 PM
I don't get why they havn't made an episode where Misty tells her feelings for Ash. They have droped so many hits to though out the series. What are is your opinion on this?

Shinin
7th July 2007, 6:32 PM
Maybe she has no feelings for Ash.

Mandi.
7th July 2007, 6:33 PM
She USED to have a crush on Ash. That was a long time ago. Crushes don't last long

Cenzo
8th July 2007, 12:50 AM
^You don't know that. I ahve to get my two-cents in before Chris kills the thread. That's like saying May won't like Drew for long. Another thing, Ash has no hormones yet.

Mandi.
8th July 2007, 1:01 AM
^ May and Drew see each other a lot still. Misty really never gets to see Ash anymore, her crush will die. Plus she didn't seem like she still had feelings for him in her cameos.

SailorPika
8th July 2007, 2:24 AM
For me, I don't really know XD

Dax
8th July 2007, 2:55 AM
Maybe because pokemon is not a soap opera and whatever Misty felt for Ash was not as important as the main plot of the series. ;)

Uzamaki Hinata
8th July 2007, 2:59 AM
Maybe because pokemon is not a soap opera and whatever Misty felt for Ash was not as important as the main plot of the series. ;)

I agree as much as pokeshippers(such as myself) would really like to see misty confessing to ash, I don't see it happening. For one thing, it doesn't look like Misty's returning to the show and will just leave the main cast and become a side character(like Max, May, Tracy, and so on) So there really is no time for confessing.

And really, do you think they would make a character like Ash to have a relationship? I mean, with whatever character ppl ship Ash with, I don't think any of them are actually going to happen. Including pokeshipping. But I'll keep supporting the ships I do. ^^

Dax
8th July 2007, 3:08 AM
Dawn and Ash FTW!:D

Almighty Zard
8th July 2007, 3:11 AM
Maybe because pokemon is not a soap opera and whatever Misty felt for Ash was not as important as the main plot of the series.

Indeed, the anime's main plotline is to have people using the pokemon for vairous things like contest's and battles', romance should be the furthest things from the people's minds in an anime like this.

Not to mention the way Ash has been set up after all these years, having him persue a romantic entanglement would effectively kill his character off.

Though, i may support two ships myself but i do so because i enjoy them, but I don't expect them to happen in the end.

Also, Why do threads like this keep popping up in this section for that matter, we have a shipping section people go there for crying out loud.

Turak
8th July 2007, 5:38 AM
It won't happen, as much as I would like it too. For one, as stated above, it would ruin Ash character. Second, I know some of the pokeshipping stuff was added by the dubbers, aka, "gotta catch ya later" episode's flashback thingy. Now, just wait for the pokeshippers and advanceshippers, the pearlshippers, and the insert Ash X someone here shippers get into one thread.

*Goes to pick up a pitchfork for the pokeshipper side*

Desert Flower
8th July 2007, 5:56 AM
None, I'm rather tired of hearing about it. And there really isn't much room for romance in a show like this, aside from the occasional crush and Brock's comedic flirting. There's romance, but it's more or less an afterthought, and takes a back seat to Ash's pokequest.

Also, they point out several times that Ash is extremely clueless and blissfully ignorant of girls and the ensuing romantic issues that associate with them. And a love confession would ruin that. Though I for one wish they would play with his love-dense side more often, since I find it amusing.

GreatLiver
8th July 2007, 6:55 AM
It's not going to happen, Ever. It's "a kids' show," they're not going to have people admitting their love to eachother.

Cenzo
8th July 2007, 2:40 PM
^ May and Drew see each other a lot still. Misty really never gets to see Ash anymore, her crush will die. Plus she didn't seem like she still had feelings for him in her cameos.

But she did send him the lure... And Dax, about your Pearlshipping ways, I'm not listening XD.

Shadow Warrior
8th July 2007, 2:55 PM
All this love crap would destroy the series. I like the way it is.

BlazingKen
8th July 2007, 3:34 PM
I always thought Misty would end up with Tracey.

Encyclopika
8th July 2007, 4:08 PM
Guys, if you wanna talk Shipping, there's an entire board for it not too far away. There's even an entire Pokeshipping thread for the thread starter.