PDA

View Full Version : Dawn's Piplup will ever evolve???

n@nd0
8th July 2007, 6:42 PM
Do you think Piplup will evolve? I hope not because its sooooooooooooooo cute, i dont want to became a mean Prinplup or a freak empoleon

CyberCubed
8th July 2007, 7:00 PM
It could go either way, but there was actually an episode that aired in Japan that had Dawn say she likes Piplup the way it is, which hints that it may not evo.

GreatLiver
8th July 2007, 7:01 PM
That episode where they saw the ppttaishi at the pokemon center, i think it was like 4 or something, kinda made it seem like Pochama was going to evolve.

S.Suikun
8th July 2007, 7:12 PM
People said the same thing about the ever-so-lovable Torchic, not wanting it to become the "non-adorable" Combusken or a "monstrocity" like Blaziken. And look what happened there. I think it's safe to say Piplup will evolve at least once, if not twice.

CyberCubed
8th July 2007, 7:17 PM
Except for the fact that Torchic really needed to evolve because it was incredibly weak as a starter.

Piplup is already pretty strong, has much more of a personality than Torchic had, and overall if Kengo returns, we'll get enough Prinplup screentime from him, so I'm not too sure about that.

I think the writers may also keep it unevolved just to help differentiate her Pokemon route from May's as well.

Dax
8th July 2007, 11:39 PM
I really hope it evolves at least once. I think the difference between May and Dawn is already established since May's starter was incredibly weak and Dawn's starter is really strong. I just want it to evolve, I think Prinplup can still keep the personality.

Princess Reina
9th July 2007, 3:41 PM
It will evolve sooner or later. I hope it will stay as Pimplup because Empoleon is the ugliest evolution of starter ever.

Korobooshi Kojiro
9th July 2007, 3:46 PM
I think Prinplup is pretty cute.

Although I'm sure... In the Kengo episode she said she wasn't gonna evolve it...

lilbigman42012
9th July 2007, 3:49 PM
it has to, but they need to make Ash's pokemon evolve, unlike his old guys Bulbasaur and Squirtle. His Turtwig needs to evoles(im sure it will). But i think Dawns Piplup will evolve but not so soon.

gengar and alakazam fan
9th July 2007, 3:50 PM
it should cause it will be dumb if it doesnt it think it might make it to prinpul and stay there for a while like mays combusken

Gymleader Justin
9th July 2007, 3:52 PM
It will probably evolve after the third gymleader or something, but not before Ash's Turtwig.

Battle Frontier Champ
9th July 2007, 4:05 PM
Maybe it will be like Bulbasaur and refuse to evolve. But if that doesn't happen i don't think Piplup will evolve

n@nd0
9th July 2007, 7:06 PM
People said the same thing about the ever-so-lovable Torchic, not wanting it to become the "non-adorable" Combusken or a "monstrocity" like Blaziken. And look what happened there. I think it's safe to say Piplup will evolve at least once, if not twice.

But I think Combusken and Blaziken are cute... not like prinplup or empoleon (for that reason I gave my piplup an everstone ;9)

ShadowDragon16
9th July 2007, 7:55 PM
Dawn did say herself she wouldn't evolve Piplup, also its starting to become Pikachu 2 (As in its normally seen outside its pokeball and offers to watch the other pokemon and is alwaysed used in every battle, like Pikachu).

Venusaur Master
9th July 2007, 8:33 PM
I would say perhaps it would in a year or so. but not fully evolve into empoleon it wouldnt suit Dawn, like the way blaziken didnt suit May.

Ash6K
9th July 2007, 11:14 PM
I think Piplup has a possiblity of evolving all the way to an Empoleon. There is really no big reason for it not to and Prinplup/Empoleon look perfect for contests imo.

mario_fan
10th July 2007, 2:07 AM
plz evolve empoleon acually fits the personality of dawns piplup

Shiny pokemon lover
10th July 2007, 12:02 PM
I guess it will evolve sooner or later, but her other pokemon would probably never evolve.

Xashlei
10th July 2007, 12:23 PM
At least Prinplup would be nice. Empoleon however, I don't like so much. >.>

SudovVoOdO
10th July 2007, 12:37 PM
Yeah, prinplup fits her... But don't think empoleon will suit her. Well didn't think that blaziken would suit May.

Power of Fire
10th July 2007, 12:38 PM
well one of dawns pokemon has gotta evolve right??? but i do reckon piplup will evolve........

blaziken100
11th July 2007, 5:41 AM
Do you think Piplup will evolve? I hope not because its sooooooooooooooo cute, i dont want to became a mean Prinplup or a freak empoleon
u r rite empoleon is a freak.(my older bro likes metal penguin(not actual nickname)sooooo...)*gulp* id like 2 leev my ds 2...me and everything else 2 myself and i.

Charzard Tamer
11th July 2007, 4:23 PM
here are my two opinions

1) When it evolves into prinplup, if it does, it wont obey dawn like ash's charmeleon didnt obey him and then it will save her from something and befreind her

or

2) if it evolves, it probaly wont happen until the middle of the sinnoh league

loonatic
11th July 2007, 5:43 PM
here are my two opinions

1) When it evolves into prinplup, if it does, it wont obey dawn like ash's charmeleon didnt obey him and then it will save her from something and befreind her

or

2) if it evolves, it probaly wont happen until the middle of the sinnoh league
i agree. becuase since it is supposed to a proud pokemon or w/e...it will think it is too high and mighty to obey someone like Dawn.

FuzzyFriend
12th July 2007, 5:13 PM
I dunno... can you stop a pokémon from evolving if it evolves without a stone? 'Cause after all these seasons, Ash never evolved Pikachu into a ;026;

...I thnk that's pretty stupid.

Korobooshi Kojiro
12th July 2007, 6:58 PM
1) When it evolves into prinplup, if it does, it wont obey dawn like ash's charmeleon didnt obey him

Don't people say this everytime a Pokemon on the cast evolves???

ManaphyEmuritto23
12th July 2007, 7:02 PM
after seeing how big Empoleon is to her Piplup in the 10th movie, I don't think Dawn would ever want her Piplup to evolve.

but I also think that in
the Kengo episode, like everyone else said, Dawn might not evolve her Piplup. I think it's too cute for it to evolve.

mario_fan
12th July 2007, 8:12 PM
I dunno... can you stop a pokémon from evolving if it evolves without a stone? 'Cause after all these seasons, Ash never evolved Pikachu into a ;026;

...I thnk that's pretty stupid.

the reason he didnt evolve it is beacause i doubt he has even seen a thunderstone and pokemon that evolve with stones never evolve in the series until they found a stone

Korobooshi Kojiro
13th July 2007, 2:59 AM
Here's a size of an Empoleon, so you can "judge" rather Dawn should get it (not like the size of one species is always the same for each individual...)

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/Yukiwarashi/n07_0615_10movscr3lg.jpg

Spoilers...kinda...

Dax
13th July 2007, 5:07 AM
Empoleon for me is one of the coolest starter evolutions I have seen.

It's so funny to see Piplup in the ground with Empoleon looking at it. It's a massive size difference. The pic just make me smiles.

Blaziryu
13th July 2007, 5:14 AM
Trust me, Piplup will eventually evolve. Once we see the poster for the 11th Pokemon movie, we're going to see a Prinplup standing next to Dawn.

ManaphyEmuritto23
13th July 2007, 5:36 AM
Here's a size of an Empoleon, so you can "judge" rather Dawn should get it (not like the size of one species is always the same for each individual...)

Spoilers...kinda...

that's exactly what I was talking about. :P

anyways, but yeah, Dawn's Piplup will have to evolve. I'm just saying Dawn doesn't want her Piplup to evolve, which is about 20% chance it wont. Maybe less.

RedpokemonBattling025
13th July 2007, 11:56 AM
I Reckon Dawn's Piplup will Evolve around the same time as May,s Torchic and then evolve into Empoleon sometime at the battle area in Shinoh.

RedpokemonBattling025
13th July 2007, 12:04 PM
I Reckon Dawn's Piplup will Evolve around the same time as May,s Torchic and then evolve into Empoleon sometime at the battle area in Shinoh.

RedpokemonBattling025
13th July 2007, 12:05 PM

RedpokemonBattling025
13th July 2007, 12:06 PM

jirachiken
13th July 2007, 10:36 PM
I certainly hope not.

Princess Reina
13th July 2007, 10:56 PM
Here\'s a size of an Empoleon, so you can \"judge\" rather Dawn should get it (not like the size of one species is always the same for each individual...)

Spoilers...kinda...

Empoleon looks little better in the anime. In the game it is just a fat, clumsy freak. I hope her Piplup wont evolve because like I said earlier - it is cute and she likes cute pokemon.

Cenzo
13th July 2007, 11:01 PM
I used to think it would, but now I don't know...

Corzola
14th July 2007, 1:15 AM
I hope that she don´t evolve him but maybe thats bound to happen. About the May - Combuskien - Blazikan thing I have to say I like Combuskien a lot.

The thing is, that Dawn only have cute Pokemons right now. One/more of them must evolve. Compare to Ash starter team (the first 6 - 8 Pokemon he got), only a few of them where "cuties" (a VERY new Pikachu, maybe Charmander and Carterpe).

Cackles
14th July 2007, 3:39 AM
the reason he didnt evolve it is beacause i doubt he has even seen a thunderstone and pokemon that evolve with stones never evolve in the series until they found a stone

No actually before he fought Lt. Surge the second time, Nurse Joy offered him a thunderstone she had found left behind at the pokemon center, but Pikachu didn't want to evolve, so he didn't force it to. And then it paid off because Pikachu was faster than Lt. Surge's Raichu because the Raichu hadn't learned the right moves because it had evolved too early or something nonsensical like that.

Xashlei
14th July 2007, 6:12 AM
Dawn with only cute Pokemon would totally ruin her, at least for me. If all her Pokemon are to stay cute, they won't evolve, making it a bit boring. And it's Piplup's choice, Dawn isn't the boss of him, judging from personality.

Sir Devious
14th July 2007, 11:40 AM
Mabit just like her Buneary will evolve. Pachirisu can't evolve. So mabie it will evolve. Empoleon woulf be stronf. Steel moves in a contest. I guess we will just have to see what else she catches. =]

Princess Reina
14th July 2007, 11:44 AM
I hope Buneary will not evolve. If she does her relationship with Pikachu will be screwed. She still has a chance for love and breeding. She wont be able to breed with him if she evolves into sexy bunny.

Sir Devious
14th July 2007, 11:46 AM
Mabie she will have unevolved Pokemon... she can join that B team thing or whatever that was.

Princess Reina
14th July 2007, 1:24 PM
Mabie she will have unevolved Pokemon... she can join that B team thing or whatever that was.

The B Team was a couple of lovers... I dont remember well. What would she do with them? Love-triangle? :D

xRPx
14th July 2007, 2:51 PM
Either way, if it does or not. Not going to matter to me really. I can see someone pwning the crap out of piplup, then one those climax moments, it'll evolve into prinplup and beat the crap out of the other pkmn. So yeah.

Treecko Girl
17th July 2007, 3:01 PM
I think it might evolve once, but giving Dawn an Empoleon wouldn't seem right. I mean, I LIKE Empoleon and all... But I just don't think it would suit contests.
May's Blaziken suits contests, y'know?

uber gon
18th July 2007, 9:28 AM
I think it might evolve once, but giving Dawn an Empoleon wouldn't seem right. I mean, I LIKE Empoleon and all... But I just don't think it would suit contests.
May's Blaziken suits contests, y'know?

In what way?

zeno48
18th July 2007, 10:01 AM
Off course it will give it sometime. Piplup is great asof now and i don't want it to evolve.

Excalibur
19th July 2007, 3:25 AM
It might, but I doubt it. It's too cute.

king_qaz
19th July 2007, 4:21 PM
I think her piplup will evolve to a prinplup as soon as her rival's prinplup evolves into an empoleon (they'll have a rematch), then there will be a second series (like Orange league and BF) and there she will evolve it into an empoleon.

Mello
19th July 2007, 9:51 PM
Even though Dawn does say in the Japanese episode that she likes Piplup the way it is , I think it will evolve Dawn will appreciate it. After all, May's evolved and at first she didn't like ugly Pokemon, but she was cool with it in the end.

Gravy
19th July 2007, 10:24 PM
I think Pochama will most likely stay as it is, simply due to the fact that these guys seem to be going out of their wat to push it into the spotlight as much as possible. Massive amount of screentime on the show, tons more merchandise than the other two starters; The way I see it, they've essentially made it the 'second Pikachu'. Something that Torchic never managed to achieve.

Megacis
19th July 2007, 10:33 PM
I think it will eventually evolve into Prinplup, but I don't think it will evolve to Empoleon. Empoleon isn't Dawn's type of Pokemon, she likes the cute Pokemon.

Alkaide
19th July 2007, 11:15 PM
I would say perhaps it would in a year or so. but not fully evolve into empoleon it wouldnt suit Dawn, like the way blaziken didnt suit May.

But May's Combusken did eventually evolve into Blaziken...

Anyway, yes, it most likely will the way I see it.

PamperedPersian1
20th July 2007, 2:10 AM
Well, I think Piplup is going to be Pikachu the II or Bulbasaur the II, there's gonna be an episode where Dawn wants it to evolve, but Piplup doesn't want to, then it proves that it's strong enough as it is... and they live sappily ever after as un-evolved Pokemon! The End!

dizzyy
20th July 2007, 2:44 PM
piplups never going to evolve.
if anybody else noticed, almost none of their pokemon evolve except for a few. --x

Gravy
20th July 2007, 2:59 PM
piplups never going to evolve.
if anybody else noticed, almost none of their pokemon evolve except for a few. --x

What are you talking about? All of Brock's pokémon from Advanced Generation have evolved, and pretty much all of Ash's except for Corphish and Aipom (for obvious reasons) did too. The only exception was Haruka, and 2 of hers reached their final stages.

Metal Force
20th July 2007, 3:14 PM
It'd be cute and all, and good for contest, but why not evolve, like May's Torchic..myabe not all the way to Empoleon, just to Prinplup.

Prio
20th July 2007, 3:30 PM
Screw you guys, Empoleon is badass.

CyberCubed
21st July 2007, 6:10 PM
I think Pochama will most likely stay as it is, simply due to the fact that these guys seem to be going out of their wat to push it into the spotlight as much as possible. Massive amount of screentime on the show, tons more merchandise than the other two starters; The way I see it, they've essentially made it the 'second Pikachu'. Something that Torchic never managed to achieve.

That's true. We all thought Pachirisu was going to be shoved down our throats as one of Dawn's big Pokemon, but that hasn't happened, at least not yet. For the most part, Pachirisu actually hasn't even done all that much.

I do think Piplup is extremely cute and has a good character, and I guess it would set Dawn apart from everyone else if she keeps her main starter unevolved like Ash.

Although, that still doesn't mean the writers won't have a change of heart when we're like 100 episodes into Sinnoh. After all, most of us had given up on Mudkip ever evolving and the writers evolved it out of nowhere in early Battle Frontier, so who knows.

MidnightTheMightyena
21st July 2007, 6:13 PM
Dawn's piplup will probabley evolve half (over halfway) through the entire Sinnoh series. _ _ It's always that way.... like with May's torchic

CyberCubed
21st July 2007, 6:20 PM
Dawn's piplup will probabley evolve half (over halfway) through the entire Sinnoh series. _ _ It's always that way.... like with May's torchic

Its always that way? It only happened once with May's Torchic, that's not enough to make a pattern out of.

And the difference is Torchic desperately needed to evolve because it could barely do anything, (which is evident why May ignored it for most of Hoenn and focused on Beautifly and Skitty instead), but Dawn uses Piplup all the time and its already strong enough to take out stronger and evolved Pokemon.

Champion Jared 14
21st July 2007, 6:28 PM
I wish it evolved as fast as Ash's starly into Staravia. But Dawn battles more with it than May and Torchic, so I think it won't take as loooong as she did for it to evolve. Besides, it's evolved form's name is barely different from its current name.

n@nd0
22nd July 2007, 5:12 AM
I only liked 1 and just 1 prinplup and it's the one from the manga (Owned by Berlitz), but Dawn isn't Berlitz!!!

Pearl's Perap
22nd July 2007, 5:17 AM
I could imagine Dawn with a Prinplup, but I can't imagine her having an Empoleon, it looks too...tough.

However, the writers like to surprise us, the May and Blaziken being the same sort of thing, really.

MidnightTheMightyena
22nd July 2007, 5:17 AM
Its always that way? It only happened once with May's Torchic, that's not enough to make a pattern out of.

And the difference is Torchic desperately needed to evolve because it could barely do anything, (which is evident why May ignored it for most of Hoenn and focused on Beautifly and Skitty instead), but Dawn uses Piplup all the time and its already strong enough to take out stronger and evolved Pokemon.

True that....;262;

Mercutio
22nd July 2007, 5:23 PM
Frankly, Ash seems to be an anti evolve charm. I mean, ok he evolved a Charmander to stage 2, a Catapie to stage 2, a Pidgeotto etc, and granted his Bulbasaus deliberatly stayed put. But what about Squirtle, Totodile, Cyndaquil... its ridiculous that they didn't at least reach stage 1, and Squirtle should be a god damn Blastoise by now.

crimsoneagle
22nd July 2007, 5:37 PM
it will proabaly stay a piplup until she gets to the final pokemon contest (the big one that gives a cup i forgot the name lol) and if it dont it will after the sinnoh league.

MidnightTheMightyena
22nd July 2007, 5:45 PM
it will proabaly stay a piplup until she gets to the final pokemon contest (the big one that gives a cup i forgot the name lol) and if it dont it will after the sinnoh league.

You mean the Grand Festival? Yeah your right May's torchic didn't evolve untill............ Was it after the Fortree Gym battle? Anyways it will evolve late in the show for sure.;262;

zeno48
22nd July 2007, 7:02 PM
I think it will evolve but later on in the series not now.

aegis
22nd July 2007, 9:18 PM
You mean the Grand Festival? Yeah your right May's torchic didn't evolve untill............ Was it after the Fortree Gym battle? Anyways it will evolve late in the show for sure.;262;

And if it doesn't? I find it amusing how some of the people here are absolutely convinced it's gonna evolve.

Champion Jared 14
22nd July 2007, 9:51 PM
Well, we don't want it to be a poorly treated, ignored, weak May Torchic do we???!!? Absolutely not.

aegis
22nd July 2007, 10:06 PM
Well, we don't want it to be a poorly treated, ignored, weak May Torchic do we???!!? Absolutely not.

In case you haven't noticed Piplup have more screentime that any of Dawn's other pokemon and it's one of her strongest pokemon.

Dax
22nd July 2007, 10:06 PM
At the beginning I really thought that Buneary was going to be like the Pikachu of Ash. At the end Piplup took that spot and it's being showcased as the mascot of this season.

I doubt it will evolve but I'm scared since a lot of people are saying that Turtwig will not evolve either. I mean, I want the starters to evolve.:(

*I had a change of opinion suddenly*

Champion Jared 14
22nd July 2007, 10:12 PM
In case you haven't noticedTrust me, I'VE NOTICED.
Piplup have more screentime that any of Dawn's other pokemon and it's one of her strongest pokemon.
Yes, I know that, which is why I think she'll be even better than May. She doesn't cling to his style. She embraces her own, which I love about her character.

TysonKO
22nd July 2007, 10:15 PM
who cares?

Champion Jared 14
22nd July 2007, 10:22 PM
Not you, unless you're another one of those goo goo ga ga May's oversized breast fanboys, are you?????????

Geostomp
24th July 2007, 2:41 PM
May's Torchic needed to evolve. The thing was helpless in it's first stage and neglected until it became strong as a Combusken. From that point it finally got recognition and May's team got a powerhouse.

It's final evolution came from out of the blue, but she was leaving at the time.

Dawn's Piplup has proven it's worth in it's first stage in both battle and personality. It's become Dawn's mascot just like Ash's Pikachu has and just suits things as it is.

It may evolve, but it won't be for some time.

nivek
24th July 2007, 4:18 PM
It'll probablly evolve into Prinplup halfway into the series, and into Empoleon right at the end.

Hoe does Empoleon NOT suit her? It wears a tuxedo, sort of, just like the male character of the games in contests.

Blaperile
24th July 2007, 7:02 PM
It'll probablly evolve into Prinplup halfway into the series, and into Empoleon right at the end.

Hoe does Empoleon NOT suit her? It wears a tuxedo, sort of, just like the male character of the games in contests.

Maybe or Piplup wil maybe evolve to Prinplup at the end, and become a Empoleon at the middle of the next season.

keaki17
24th July 2007, 7:14 PM
i think Dawn's piplup should only evolve into a Prinplup

milenadrg
3rd October 2008, 6:05 PM
He isn't preety any more but he would be too much stronger. It would be sooooooooo boring to stay as an weak little penguin. Am I right?

Undead_soul
3rd October 2008, 6:10 PM
i think it will evolve into Prinpup at the end when they meet again in the 5G they will she it had already evolved into Empoleon.

He isn't preety any more but he would be too much stronger. It would be sooooooooo boring to stay as an weak little penguin. Am I right?

True. i mean May's torchic evolved. there is no doubt that Dawn's Pilpup will evolved as well. but not now. maybe later on in the series.

ShinyCharyZard
3rd October 2008, 6:13 PM
It wont evolve while we have this ending...So we're probably stuck with it as a Piplup till near the end...

CyberCubed
3rd October 2008, 7:42 PM
At this point, it won't.

Piplup will be like Pikachu, Meowth, Bulbasaur and Squirtle, and stay in its current form its whole run.

Squaaah
3rd October 2008, 7:46 PM
It wont evolve while we have this ending...So we're probably stuck with it as a Piplup till near the end...

I agree. It might evolve towards the end but for now its here to stay :(

~Goth~
3rd October 2008, 7:58 PM
who cares about Piplup?Buneary is adorable...my fav of Dawns pkmn

& I still want to see Mamoswine....

I just don't pay too much attention to the Penguin so it doesn't matter to me^^

~-Overheat-~
3rd October 2008, 7:59 PM
At this point, its very unlikely. It now has an ending of its own. Its already drawn comparisons to Pikachu as a mascot. No comparisons were involved when Torchic came along.

Chelc
3rd October 2008, 9:31 PM
w2g you all replied to a bumped thread :\ Don't bump threads that are 30+ days old, please.

anyways I'm feeling pretty nice today but in the future the rest of you who reply after a thread is bumped will be infracted.

Closing.