PDA

View Full Version : Why??

roses_108
9th July 2007, 7:56 AM
Why the hell did they only start talking about their pokemons abilitys in the diamond and pearl season when they were introduced in the 3rd generation? What is up with that??? I was also watching no.16 of diamond and pearl over the weekend and Roark said"That static hasn't worn off yet." Dosen't he realise it doesn't ware off?

Hikari Ex
9th July 2007, 10:40 AM
THe older gen was aimed at younger people and pokemons abilitys made it complex for them. how many 6-12 year old know the move sets+pokemons abilitys+base sats for all pokemon?

Sird
9th July 2007, 10:59 AM
I Thought Abilities Were Introduce In Battle Frontier And Hoenn?

Chris
9th July 2007, 10:59 AM
Psst. They DID introduce abilities during Advanced Generation. ;\ You just weren't paying attention. Did we suddenly forget how Pikachu paralyzed Vigoroth or how Grovyle defeated Slaking?

Hikari Ex
9th July 2007, 11:04 AM
Were talking about poke bodies/pokemons abilityies/power that the pokemon have beacuse their them not attacks or status conditions

Korobooshi Kojiro
9th July 2007, 1:14 PM
THe older gen was aimed at younger people and pokemons abilitys made it complex for them. how many 6-12 year old know the move sets+pokemons abilitys+base sats for all pokemon?

The show's been aimed at the same group it's ENTIRE run. :P

Hikari Ex
9th July 2007, 2:45 PM
The show's been aimed at the same group it's ENTIRE run. :P

Gen 5 started to aim higher

Korobooshi Kojiro
9th July 2007, 2:49 PM
We aren't even at Gen 5.....

Hikari Ex
9th July 2007, 2:59 PM
We aren't even at Gen 5.....

Sorry, I ment serise 5

CyberCubed
9th July 2007, 3:00 PM
Uh, didn't Pikachu's static affect Norman's Vigoroth?

- Brock talked about Hariyama's Thick Fat ability when Ash fought Tyson

- Luvdisc used swift swim I believe

- Grovyle used Overgrow

- Blaziken used Blaze

- Shedinja's Wonderguard was indirectly mentioned

There were some other abilities mentioned but that's off the top of my head.

And LMAO @ the show being aimed at a higher age group now. The only difference is the attacks and battles have gotten more intense, (although this started back in AG, so this is not new for D/P), and we have a girl running around in a short skirt, although I don't see how that's different then May's breasts at 10 years old or Harley.

Korobooshi Kojiro
9th July 2007, 3:01 PM
We're not at Series 5 either...

The point is despite what people say, the show has always been aimed at kids. As was the games. It's just people above that age like it and nothing is inherently wrong with that.

Hikari Ex
9th July 2007, 3:03 PM
We're not at Series 5 either...

The point is despite what people say, the show has always been aimed at kids. As was the games. It's just people above that age like it and nothing is inherently wrong with that.

I know we're at serise 10 (DP)

Korobooshi Kojiro
9th July 2007, 3:34 PM
Season 10.

It's only the third "series".

Reign G
9th July 2007, 10:43 PM
They did introduce Abilities alot earlier than now. Along with everything mentioned before, Ash's first Contest, the one against May, had Sceptile and Blaziken go all out with Blaze and...What was the Grass Starter ability again? Overgrow?

roses_108
9th July 2007, 11:15 PM
Oh okay then... My bad if i did watch them i wasn't paying attention.