PDA

View Full Version : Mewtwo on MD....Why?

Golde
10th July 2007, 6:27 AM
I was looking around on SNet, and found Mewtwo on MD. Now, I began thinking, wasn't Mewtwo genetically created from Mews eyebrow? So why is it in this odd world of ancient times inhabited only be poke'mon? You will not see a llamel or a wholphin or a beefallo in a dictionary of actual animals, so why is it here?

Silver_Dialga
10th July 2007, 7:18 AM
Maybe humans went extinct a long time ago, PMD takes place in the future, and Mewtwo is ancient. That's how I always thought of it.

Mewtwo: Mew's EYEBROW?! And how am I ancient?!

Shine
10th July 2007, 10:06 AM
Eh, same reason Porygon/other 'man-made' pokemon are in the game. Maybe the humans came down from Earth and wiped everyone's memories after they left?

Clash
10th July 2007, 2:47 PM
That's like asking "Why was MD even made?"

Icicle
10th July 2007, 3:57 PM
The simple fact that there is acknowledgement of humans in the games is enough to answer that question >>;;

They know of humans, so it makes since there was some interaction at one point :3

Dynamic Mimiroll
10th July 2007, 6:14 PM
I always assumed that the events of Mystery Dungeon occur on a distant island far from human habitation. Concerning how the Pokémon are familiar with humans, the Flying-types and Water-types that travel long distances would probably have seen humans during their travels, and Pelipper would certainly report related information in the Pokémon Newsletter. Alternatively, there is the possibility that the island is under the protection of a branch of the Ranger Union; Pokémon Rangers would scout the area periodically to ensure its successful maintenance as a natural, undisturbed set of ecosystems, and the Pokémon would receive their knowledge of humans from watching and interacting with the Rangers during their visits.

As far as "artificial" Pokémon are concerned, the Porygon family is known to be found in the wild. After the Silph Company created the original Porygon model, some Porygon were probably introduced into the wild, which would explain their presence on the island; the fact that wild Porygon exist in Diamond and Pearl would seem to support this hypothesis. Regarding Mewtwo, I've always assumed that other power-hungry scientific laboratories attempted to replicate the original Mewtwo cloning process and, again, failed to anticipate the resulting Mewtwo's unwillingness to comply with obviously shady dealings and thus suffered a broken laboratory and an escaped Mewtwo (because as we all know, humans have repeated the same mistakes again and again throughout history). All of the Mewtwo produced would then doubtlessly attempt to find a quiet, distant place where they could discover themselves and understand their own identities; one of them probably discovered the isolated Western Cave and decided to live at its depths. Note that this theory would explain how, in the primary Pokémon games, two people can battle each other and each use a Mewtwo; since the Mewtwo are obviously not the same individual (since each has its own unique nature and personality traits), each must have been a different individual replicated from the original Mewtwo cloning procedure.

ESPEON FOREVER
10th July 2007, 9:42 PM
i thought it was weird too, but in the game, Mewtwo never actually says it was created by humans. It just says it was engineered. So maybe the MD Mewtwo was made by Pokemon or something...