PDA

View Full Version : How to use the Serebii Trade Centre...

Serebii
10th July 2007, 8:33 PM
Ok, so upon entering this forum, I am sure you are bamboozled by what on earth you are able to do here

As you can see, the Pokémon are seperated into region and then seperated into family.

As many Pokémon have got evolutions spread across the many lands in the Pokémon world which will definitely cause confusion among many. In this trade board, what I did was made sure the thread for the family is in the forum for the first instance of the family seen.

For example;

Electabuzz has a 2nd Gen Pre-Evo, Elekid, and a 4th Gen Evolution, Electivire,. You will find the family in the Kanto folder.

However, we do not require you to remember every evolution. At the bottom of every forum are redirects. These are links to the family thread of any Pokémon within that region's dex but whom is part of another family. Very easy to find. Just use your Browser's search function to find the Pokémon that you want

Now, in the actual threads, what we expect you to do, if you're offering a certain Pokémon say for example an Electivire, we expect you to state what the Electivire has, maybe its stats and say that you want to trade it and what you would want for it

For the time being, we would like to ask you all to refrain from saying "I want this Pokémon". You are allowed to reply to people offering the Pokémon with your offers but try to keep the discussion in each thread limited to that particular family.

This is all in an effort to decrease the constant spam in the previous DP Trade & Battle Forum.

If you have any queries...post here and the mod team will be happy to solve

Hitsugaya
10th July 2007, 8:49 PM
Wee! First Post.
Finally, the chaos is over! My threads go COMPLETELY unnoticed most of the time. Wonder when the battle threads are coming...
EDIT: Sorry, just noticed the battle thread was up. Anyways, good job ending the chaos Joe!

nubinator
10th July 2007, 8:54 PM
This is awesome! thanks Joe :D:D:D

Overheat Hothead
10th July 2007, 10:25 PM
Cool. One problem: The default ordering of the topics is "the last post time". It should be alphibetical so they will always be in order and easier to find.

Serebii
10th July 2007, 10:35 PM
I am unsure if thats possible to do for just one forum...

jackass2911
10th July 2007, 10:43 PM
erm i hate to be a stick in the mud but no 1 is useing them and they have been up all day cant we just use the old 1 as well and then there are 2 trading forms one for seking multiple pokemon like many shineys or starters etc and a second trade form for the people seeking a specific pokemon

nubinator
10th July 2007, 10:55 PM
Too late.

So I offered my shiny Skarmory
All I said was its nature, level and said it's legit. Is that all you do?

PokeMaster500
10th July 2007, 10:58 PM
Hello,

Will the DP Battle & Trade Thread be deleted? I see no quick reply....

GreenAiden555
11th July 2007, 12:39 AM
EDIT: I see wut u did thar >.>

But I need to ask a question: Can we post in the mew thread saying we have mews to trade for pokemon X(any pokemon)?

Edit number 2: Can we say we're looking for, say, a shiny spearow in the spearow thread?

Kreis
11th July 2007, 1:55 AM
Wow, some idiot is going to screw it up. I just know it.
Other then that, it seems like a pretty cool idea. I'll adjust to it.

Airs
11th July 2007, 1:56 AM
i dont get it

what if you arent looking for one in particular, but want to do a batch trade

this system is really not user-friendly

MidnightStorm
11th July 2007, 1:57 AM
Thanks a whole lot... this is exactly what we needed. Hopefully the problem is solved now.

By the way, do the DP Battle and Trade Sub-Forum still have a purpose? Since now there is a new system.

intrnd
11th July 2007, 2:05 AM
This certainly sounds like a good idea: much easier than digging through hundreds of trade threads to find the pokemon you want. But personally, I like the flexibility of the original trade thread better.

SheikTheGeek
11th July 2007, 3:56 AM
So what of the people that are looking for stuff other than specific pokemon? Like TMs?

Zephiel87
11th July 2007, 4:52 AM
well i suppose this will work... once people find it. replies came so much faster before...

anyway it needed some organization, so i hope it works.

Cifala
11th July 2007, 4:53 AM
It's a nice idea, but one thread should be made in all of the subforums for shinies.

GreenAiden555
11th July 2007, 5:01 AM
So i take it we can't say we're looking for, say, a manaphy in the manaphy section? Like, say we're looking for a shiny one.

O-r-e-o
11th July 2007, 5:02 AM
This should be much more convenient once people start using it:). There's hardly anybody there now.

Also, could there possibly be a thread for eggs too (perhaps in the Johto section)?

Serebii
11th July 2007, 8:15 AM
erm i hate to be a stick in the mud but no 1 is useing them and they have been up all day cant we just use the old 1 as well and then there are 2 trading forms one for seking multiple pokemon like many shineys or starters etc and a second trade form for the people seeking a specific pokemon
Erm no it hasnt. I opened it 3...maybe 4 hrs before you post. 90% of that time the forums have been down or slow

The DP Battle & Trade forum is left open for people to finish any trades or tournements they have begun. The mods are in the process of transferring battle threads over

Theres an item trade thread in this forum since I know a lot of people are just trading those

kirkeastment
11th July 2007, 8:49 AM
no offense but this system is not user friendly.

for one thing, the best part about seperate threads for each person was that you could list all your pokemon in one place, now you've got to reply to over 100 topics just to tell people what pokemon you've got.

secondly, the new threads are going to get spammed to hell.
example. a person posts on page 3 of the deoxys thread, wakes up next morning to see its on page 5 and hes had no offers. that person then thinks, he's had no offers because no one is reading past the first few posts of that thread. which is true, no one will read past the first page of each pokemon title.

thirdly. alot of people like myself have hundreds of pokemon they'd like to trade. who in their right mind would waste 2 hours of their life posting in 100 different topics.

foruthly. when you make a post in the new forum setup saying you have a deoxys for trade, you'll have to go through all of the new posts the next day trying to figure out which person is talking to you in regards to trading. Again this is very time consuming, and whos to say that person who made an offer will be online. The reason why people bump there threads and create new ones is because they want to do quick trades, and get what they want really fast.

Lastly. If you wanted to make an easier system for trading, allow each member to make a post saying what they've got and what they're trading.

Then place those threads into sub-forums.

So for example, Kirks trading thread would go in a sub-forum titled Members trades K - O.

Then make threads within that forum titled

Members trade's K
Members trade's L
Members trade's M
Members trade's N
Members trade's O

Within those you would have a first post made by you, that has hyperlinks to posts by members who names begin with whichever inital corresponds with their username in that thread.

So in;

Members trade's K

You'd have the first post saying this is where members whos username begins with K can offer what they've got for trade.

then the next person to post would label their post title.{examle}

Kirk's Trading Emporium, and then list all of the pokemon they've got, and say to PM them with any offers.

then you or another mod could add a hyperlink to the first post on the thread titled, Kirk's Trading Emporium, that when clicked on would take any person directly to my thread or another persons thread depending on the hyperlink they clicked

Serebii
11th July 2007, 9:13 AM
Sorry but your method is not user friendly. 8 times out of 10, when people are looking for a trade, they are looking for specific Pokémon and this is what this is set to go for. Having it by Members would make things a LOT more difficult for anyone to find what they want at all

You dont have to post in like 100 different topics. Have some restraint. People doing that would be classed as spammers

They may get spammed a bit yes, but that'll just be a small fraction of the spam, bumping etc that was going on in the previous trade forum

And believe it or not, people are a lot smarter than you give them credit for. They will look beyond the first page

This is the best and most logical system and thats that

Casual_Friday
11th July 2007, 9:18 AM
I have a question. Say im looking for an item. I post in the item thread. There, i want to list everything i have that i want to trade. Pokemon, items, pokemon with items. The list could go on seeing as there are plenty of pokemon and plenty of items. Now, i dont want to clutter the thread with a nice copy-paste from "notepad" listing what i have in my possesion. That would be bad

Something ive been thinking about is hyperlinking to my old trade thread that had that neat copy-paste in a neat format. They could be forwarded back to that thread to see what i have to offer and then post back in the original item thread. Now, this leads to my question.

Will the trade threads created before the merge be deleted rendering my idea moot?

I figure that my ramblings may be hard to look through so if you have no clue what im saying ill see if i can clear things up.

kirkeastment
11th July 2007, 9:33 AM
Sorry but your method is not user friendly. 8 times out of 10, when people are looking for a trade, they are looking for specific Pokémon and this is what this is set to go for. Having it by Members would make things a LOT more difficult for anyone to find what they want at all

You dont have to post in like 100 different topics. Have some restraint. People doing that would be classed as spammers

They may get spammed a bit yes, but that'll just be a small fraction of the spam, bumping etc that was going on in the previous trade forum

And believe it or not, people are a lot smarter than you give them credit for. They will look beyond the first page

This is the best and most logical system and thats that

what about the other supposed 2/10 people who are not looking for specific pokemon but instead were making threads listing all the pokemon they had up for trade, and they listed that they were looking for perhaps only event pokemon or they were looking for only shinies{not specific shinies but just shinies in general}, what are they supposed to do now.

Also now that the new system is in place, who actually decides whats considered spamming.

Example:

I've got 30 different shiny or event pokemon i want to trade, and i'm not looking for specifics. I'm only looking for other event pokemon or shinies.

Would i be allowed to post in the 30 threads that my pokemon are a part of, or would i be subjected to the rules and have to limit my posting to only 5 threads a day, and if its the latter, then whats the point of calling this a trading thread, its just like another member called it in the general section.

Its and updated form of the GTS, only just a little bit more conformed with less hacks.

Metal Force
11th July 2007, 9:37 AM
Wow, great job, great job Joe, I really mean it, the trading forums are alot better, and easier for us, thank you.

jackass2911
11th July 2007, 9:49 AM
we want the old 1 back it was so much better

luna88
11th July 2007, 9:58 AM
but wat if a person want to post a trade list? then he have to do it 1 by 1?

sephirot
11th July 2007, 12:04 PM
i totally agree with kirkeastment

it's impossible to use this new sistem for generic request like "looking for event pokemon"

old method was 10 times better

joschi16
11th July 2007, 12:07 PM
yes 10 times better

sephirot
11th July 2007, 12:07 PM
and all users have to make their offers in only one topic per pokemon?
that's no sense for me -.-
it's impossible to track question and answer this way

and i'd like to know where i must put a topic like this: "looking for event pokemon" that involves all 4 gen... it's not possible to post in every single section, and in every single topic for all those pokemon!

i think that a possibility is to keep both section....

buzzthebatgirl
11th July 2007, 12:26 PM
I prefered the old method. I like to just browse for offers. This new system is great if you are looking for just one Pokemon, but since each thread is set to one poke it can get confusing if, say, three people are offering the same pokemon in the thread.

sephirot
11th July 2007, 12:33 PM
and i think more than 3 users will post...

tominator_49
11th July 2007, 12:44 PM
my computer struggles to load serebii quickly and efficiently because of the high level of traffic. I worry this is going to be far more time consuming with the new system as I'll have to look through many seperate threads. At least with the old system you could stick to your own thread and wait for offers!
Go back to the old system while we still can!

sephirot
11th July 2007, 12:49 PM
i totally agree

Serebii
11th July 2007, 12:56 PM
We're not going back to the old system. That was partially responsible for SPPf being so damned slow with all the constant spam posts, bumping etc. It was taxing the server

Lord Bowser
11th July 2007, 1:00 PM
The trade-section is completely dead right now. =/

tominator_49
11th July 2007, 1:07 PM
Also, if someone is looking for a pokedex filler like Muk, they will go onto the Muk section and there will be no posts. Compare this to mew or deoxys which will be flooded. No one's going to bother posting under the muk section 'I am trading a muk' because they wont necesarily get much for it. And you say we're not allowed to say 'I want.....such and such(muk)' so it looks like people are going to struggle to get the less wanted pokemon and will have to wait around for someone to offer one (in some pokemon's cases, this wont happen) whereas people looking for deoxys will have more than enough to choose from.

sephirot
11th July 2007, 1:11 PM
he said he won't change back, but i do not think it's a good idea

i preferred a slow forum with a cool trade section, not a fast forum with a horrible trade section :D

Lord Bowser
11th July 2007, 1:16 PM
Does anyone now a good and big forum that has a normal WiFi-section? =/

I give this two more days, to see if it grows...hardly doubt it will though. :(

MidnightStorm
11th July 2007, 1:20 PM
I had a question, that I (believe) wasn't answered here.

Are we allowed to put offers on these posts, or must all trades be completed using PMs?

msnges3
11th July 2007, 1:21 PM
l was doubting this thing would work and stuff, but I am having fun jumping from pokemon family to the next :D!

Ho-oh Master
11th July 2007, 1:26 PM
I love it! Its so much more layed out easier to use.

Only bad thing is you can't show all of the Pokemon you have.

EDIT: Can we ask for a Pokemon we want (certin nature) in the thread it belongs in?

sephirot
11th July 2007, 1:29 PM
lucky u...

i'm only getting sad remembering the old trade forum...

DarkFurret
11th July 2007, 2:51 PM
I was going to say I like the new system, but no one seems to be using it decently.

The old version was a lot easier to use. But maybe I can get used to it. Though everyone seems to ASK for the Pokémon in each section.

Dunno if this will work out. Hope it does.

DarkSpectrum
11th July 2007, 3:12 PM
Seems nice although i think it would be of better quality if the item trade threads were split between berries, tms, and then "other" items.

Poke gal
11th July 2007, 3:16 PM
Do we just offer pokemon in thier family threads?

Serebii
11th July 2007, 3:48 PM
I'm not saying it wont take getting used to, its a new system thats radically different from the crap that was before.

Thats why people aren't using it decently, they aren't used to it. Guarantee within a fortnight everyone will be using this and using it well

You guys have gotta accept this, its how its going to be. We had the same issues regarding the Episode Discussions when they opened...you'll get used to it

Dragon Dude
11th July 2007, 3:51 PM
serebii can you put in a sub thread for shinies cos that would be cool

intrnd
11th July 2007, 4:03 PM
For the time being, we would like to ask you all to refrain from saying "I want this Pokémon". You are allowed to reply to people offering the Pokémon with your offers but try to keep the discussion in each thread limited to that particular family.

Am I understanding this correctly to mean that we can't post the we are searching for a specific pokemon in its respective thread (ex. we can't post in the chatot thread that we're looking for a chatot)?

(not sure if this has already been addressed, but I thought I might as well ask).

tominator_49
11th July 2007, 9:43 PM
id be completely fine with the new system...if there was a seperate thread for shinies. do us shiny traders a favour and make a clear, seperate thread

Dragonmastertran
11th July 2007, 9:53 PM
I like all 2 , old forum and new forum , The old one make easier to offering pokémon . The new one make easier to search pokémon,I like th family division but not for each pokémon has one threat!.But personaly I like more , a little , the old one but I know that serebii will not use it. SO I suggest to make a general offer board because if , that was said beford , I don't want a specific pokémon and I'm offering a lot of pokémon for other event pokémon I don't want to post everywhere!

MidnightStorm
11th July 2007, 9:59 PM
I had a question, that I (believe) wasn't answered here.

Are we allowed to put offers on these posts, or must all trades be completed using PMs?

Serebii, am I correct about this. I was wondering and wanted to be sure. Thanks

Jonah
11th July 2007, 11:06 PM
Am I understanding this correctly to mean that we can't post the we are searching for a specific pokemon in its respective thread (ex. we can't post in the chatot thread that we're looking for a chatot)?

(not sure if this has already been addressed, but I thought I might as well ask).

I was wondering the same thing. Do we have to wait for someone to post "I have this Pokemon"? Because I have a feeling I'm going to have to wait for a looong time. I mean, aside from this, I approve of this system, but I don't want to wait forever for someone to post, "I have a ___".

shiny-poliwrath
12th July 2007, 12:38 AM
I really don't like this new system at all. It's impossible to request for new Pokemon, especially shinies, as everybody is just going to be looking in each thread for Pokemon they want, rather than Pokemon that they want to trade...

It would have been better to just set the forum to trim all the threads in the other old section that haven't been posted in for a certain period of time.

redblueyellow
12th July 2007, 3:06 AM
Cool!:) I just have a few questions:

Say I'm looking for a level 50 timid zapdos from FR/LG with HP Grass or the correct IV's for it (which I am) and I want to post that I'm looking for one in the zapdos trade thread. Can I do that?

Also, will there be a sticky for just shinies, or are they to be posted in the pokemon threads also?

wad11656
12th July 2007, 3:50 AM
We're not going back to the old system. That was partially responsible for SPPf being so damned slow with all the constant spam posts, bumping etc. It was taxing the server

Yeah, Serebii! Say it how it is! :P *so not a nerd*

So, yeah...I think this system is EXTREMELY efficient. Once more people come here and start using it like mad, there will be NO problems for people finding specific Pokemon...and eventually, there'll be enough offers for each Pokemon so that nobody has to break the rules and say "Does anybody of a ___?" in one of the family's forums. Everyone will get used to it, and in no time they'll be saying, "Why was I complaining that I wanted the old one? This one's great!"

Sure, if you're just searching for JUST a shiny Pokemon of any species, I guess you can't do that anymore, but hey...get over it, right? :D

Anyway, I LOVE this new system...congratulations...I know you thought long and hard about how you were going to do this, and it turned out excellently! GREAT! :)

(It took me over 1 hour and a half to type and submit this message...lol...:D)

GreenAiden555
12th July 2007, 4:04 AM
I speak for a few users who've given up on serebii's trade system.

I really don't like the fact that they pretty much said "Okay, old way sucked, so now a new way. This is the way I want, and I don't give a **** about what you, or anyone else has to say"

Okay, so, wait: We were used to making a thread stating what pokemon we have for what pokemon we want, then BOOM! One afternoon, our whole trading world on serebii got turned upside down without any kind of warning. Yeah, REAL smart

Jeeze, ****(another forums site) is looking better aldreay :/

I didn't say that. That's former serebii users who said that on a different forum

I think the new way is half decent. But seriously, this puts Serebii DEAD LAST for all the other competition sites where you can make trade threads and trade pokemon. There now, like, 5 other sites I *may* be going to insead of serebii.

Also, I don't like the fact questions are going unanswered....

PiNgU
12th July 2007, 9:47 AM
I have to ask any moderators or serebii who read this thread. I know this is slightly off the subject of trade and more on the subject of battling could we if at all possible have another subforum for battling just for peoples leagues and tourneyments? On the subject trading now i think this is a lot better gives people more of a chance to get a pokemon what they are looking for :)
Thank you serebii!

Serebii
12th July 2007, 10:23 AM
The battling forum isn't exactly ultra busy, the current forum stands

I speak for a few users who've given up on serebii's trade system.

I didn't say that. That's former serebii users who said that on a different forum

I think the new way is half decent. But seriously, this puts Serebii DEAD LAST for all the other competition sites where you can make trade threads and trade pokemon. There now, like, 5 other sites I *may* be going to insead of serebii.

Also, I don't like the fact questions are going unanswered....
This wasn't just something I did on a whim. The mods have been saying about how bad, spammy and unsustainable the old trade forum was since Early May and as a group we decided this as it IS a better system. People were just posting, spamming and bumping threads to no end, breaking almost every forum rule. Either way, it wouldn't have been as super as you guys make it out to be

If you feel that you must leave because of something as trivial as this, then so be it, but you'll find less than a tenth of the trading opportunities here over there...so good luck with that

Oh, and the lack of answering questions is due to 1) Sleep 2) Having a life..I don't ****ing sit at the PC 24/7 reading these ****ing posts

salamence_trainer
12th July 2007, 1:45 PM
not everybody can be happy!most of the members of SPPf are happy with this method and you can't change that just you think you're more important! just live with it!if you want to go to another forum then go!less spammers for us an less lags on the site.

Serebii
12th July 2007, 1:49 PM
I've organised them by name now...dont think they look that good personally but that could just be me

Golden Pure
12th July 2007, 1:53 PM
Serebii, am I correct about this. I was wondering and wanted to be sure. Thanks
Yes, you can put offers on the Sticky Threads. You can do it both ways; PM'ing or Posting.

-Golden.

Lord Bowser
12th July 2007, 1:53 PM
not everybody can be happy!most of the members of SPPf are happy with this method and you can't change that just you think you're more important! just live with it!if you want to go to another forum then go!less spammers for us an less lags on the site.

Are you high or just stupid?
Only because people doesn't like this method doesn't mean they are spammers... >_>

Ninzeo
12th July 2007, 2:21 PM
This new structure is ridiculous. How the hell can you trade away your shinies in a SINGLE thread?! Everyone posting his shinies in one thread isn't really much improvement, is it?! This is so annoying.

As for the regular Pokemon, everyone is now only posting what they are LOOKING FOR. Is just not possible anymore to offer the thing you want to trade. This new structure really is NOT an improvement at all...

Golden Pure
12th July 2007, 2:24 PM
This new structure is ridiculous. How the hell can you trade away your shinies in a SINGLE thread?! Everyone posting his shinies in one thread isn't really much improvement, is it?! This is so annoying.

As for the regular Pokemon, everyone is now only posting what they are LOOKING FOR. Is just not possible anymore to offer the thing you want to trade. This new structure really is NOT an improvement at all...
Not everyone is posting what they are looking for. I only posted offers so far. :O I've seen many other offers; just look around. :)

As for the new Shiny Thread, I don't know what to say. Really.. >.<

-Golden.

The Shadow Trainer
12th July 2007, 3:19 PM
I have a problem. I want to post a new thread, but when i click 'new thread' this come.

The Shadow Trainer, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I don't understand this. And i can't post on D/P Battles and Trades

kirkeastment
12th July 2007, 3:20 PM
lol, you can't make new threads TST, you can only post in the ones provided, thats a part of the new setup no one can create their own threads

Golden Pure
12th July 2007, 3:22 PM
I have a problem. I want to post a new thread, but when i click 'new thread' this come.

The Shadow Trainer, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I don't understand this. And i can't post on D/P Battles and Trades
As Kirk said, the option to post Threads has been disabled. If people can make Threads in the new Trade Forums, it would be a mess, hence making the new Forums useless.

-Golden.

The Shadow Trainer
12th July 2007, 3:26 PM
But then trading is much harder! But i also can't make thread's in the old forum.

Golden Pure
12th July 2007, 3:27 PM
But then trading is much harder! But i also can't make thread's in the old forum.
The Old Trade and Battle Forum is closed. No one can make posts there. Only Edit them.

-Golden.

GreenAiden555
12th July 2007, 4:41 PM
If you feel that you must leave because of something as trivial as this, then so be it, but you'll find less than a tenth of the trading opportunities here over there...so good luck with that

Oh, and the lack of answering questions is due to 1) Sleep 2) Having a life..I don't ****ing sit at the PC 24/7 reading these ****ing posts

1. That's exactly the reason why I got my shiny miltoic I've been looking for for MONTHS on another forum within hours instead of here.

2. Then what's the point of making forums to begin with? Seriously, they're people here who WANT to know the rules. I'm just saying, that really does make you look bad when people want to know, but aren't getting answers.

Serebii
12th July 2007, 5:44 PM
Oh, so I'm only allowed to make forums if I become a fat hermit with no life who's on 24/7?

Wow, noted for future reference

As for your Milotic...you cant blame it on my new system, as if you've been looking for it for months, you would have found one in the old forum

Shuko
12th July 2007, 5:55 PM
As I said in the announcments thread, there's a tradeoff involved in both ways. I'm sorry, but the way the SPPf staff has chosen is better for the forum and its users than the old way. There may be some difficulties in getting used to it, but overall it's more efficent, less disorganized, and easier to use. Granted, some circumstances don't adapt themselves as well to this method, but that's how it goes. If you want to make an overall trade/want thread, do what I did and make yourself a website and link to it in your sig. That way, when you do post in individual Pokemon threads, people can see your sig (if they have sigs turned on) and take a look there.

Besides, there are always alternatives. Go to GameFAQs and trade there if you like the more disorganized and helter-skelter method better. Your trade topic will be bumped off the page within the first minute, but hey, it's just like the old way.

I know it sounds selfish, but if SPPf loses members due to this new organization, all the better for users like me. There'll be less lag, and more ease of use. ;)

"L"
12th July 2007, 5:55 PM
At first I didn't like the idea, but then I came to realise two things

1. I don't trade that often

2. I can just put rare Pokemon up asking for something as simple as Johto starters.

The Shadow Trainer
12th July 2007, 5:57 PM
It was easier to get shinies, if you can make your threads, now all threads are one. it is a big chaos. that's my opinion.

sephirot
12th July 2007, 6:06 PM
is it possible to make a topic concerning events? like the one about shinies?

"L"
12th July 2007, 6:07 PM
It was easier to get shinies, if you can make your threads, now all threads are one. it is a big chaos. that's my opinion.

It's because people are stupid and don't read this part of the "How to use the Serebii Trade Forum":

Now, in the actual threads, what we expect you to do, if you're offering a certain Pokémon say for example an Electivire, we expect you to state what the Electivire has, maybe its stats and say that you want to trade it and what you would want for it

Now if everyone actually put up their offer and gave info on them, and actually specified what they want, this system would work. If they also read the second paragraph, this system would work. Personally, I think that you should only be able to post offers in these threads to reduce SPAM. I went into one thread where everything was "I want Shiny [name], I will give you anything." Posting like this wont work, there should be a way to post Pokemon and their info so that it is readable. Personally I would prefer something like how people posted their movesets, only a bit different:

Offer:
;152; Chikorita Lv 100
Serious Nature
Item: Miracle seed
-Razor leaf
-Tackle
-Solar Beam
-Synthesis

Want: Cyndaquil, Totodile, Mew, Magikarp

Something like this would reduce the chaos. I'd hate for all these threads to turn out like the Moveset thread where everybody is asking for a moveset (eventhough it was just posted) and no one helping. Actual trades should be conducted through PMs.

Shuko
12th July 2007, 6:09 PM
is it possible to make a topic concerning events? like the one about shinies?Event pokemon from the 4th gen are still against the rules on these forums. The only way to get them (unless you live in Japan and went to the Darkrai event) is to either hack or glitch them. Both methods are against Serebii rules. Why would they undermine their own forum rules?

The Shadow Trainer
12th July 2007, 6:11 PM
Offer:
;152; Chikorita Lv 100
Serious Nature
Item: Miracle seed
-Razor leaf
-Tackle
-Solar Beam
-Synthesis

Want: Cyndaquil, Totodile, Mew, Magikarp

Something like this would reduce the chaos. I'd hate for all these threads to turn out like the Moveset thread where everybody is asking for a moveset (eventhough it was just posted) and no one helping. Actual trades should be conducted through PMs.

I mean that there to many people.

sephirot
12th July 2007, 6:20 PM
Event pokemon from the 4th gen are still against the rules on these forums. The only way to get them (unless you live in Japan and went to the Darkrai event) is to either hack or glitch them. Both methods are against Serebii rules. Why would they undermine their own forum rules?

i never said "event pokemon of the 4th gen". where did u read it? -.-

"L"
12th July 2007, 6:22 PM
There are too many people? There aren't as much as the old trade forum, and trust me, if you look in these threads you will actually find shinies. I've visited random threads, and they have all had atleast one person offering up a shiny. Just because it isnt like the old forum where the first five pages are dominated by "I have Shinies" and "I want Shinies" threads, does not mean it is hard. Personally, I find it way easier to find Pokemon with this system. In the old system it's always been "I want Shiny" "I have Shiney" " I want [name] Natured Pokemon!" In the old system, you can only get what you want by posting a thread, and even then they are bumped to the back so easily. It may have worked if people had a link to their thread in their sig, but instead they just decided to make hundreds of extra threads everytime theirs went of the front page.

Shuko
12th July 2007, 6:29 PM
i never said "event pokemon of the 4th gen". where did u read it? -.-I inferred it. If you had meant the other gens, then you didn't actually look at the forums, as you'd know that each of those Pokemon has its own thread in those respective generations (for example, there's a Mew (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=258735) thread in the Kanto forum). The only event Pokemon that aren't accounted for are the ones in the 4th gen, which is why I assumed you meant those.

Elementary, my dear sephirot. ;)

sephirot
12th July 2007, 6:37 PM
yes but if i am looking for all JAA pokes i must post in 21 different topics, and there are loads of other events, it's impossible to post in every single topic...

Shuko
12th July 2007, 6:41 PM
yes but if i am looking for all JAA pokes i must post in 21 different topics, and there are loads of other events, it's impossible to post in every single topic...No it's not. :p

Besides, that's just part of the trade off that having a more organized forum is going to enforce. It's already been stated on many occasions that looking for bulk groups of pokemon is no longer feasible with the new system. There's no point in restating the obvious. Besides, if you want to look for all of them, wouldn't it also make sense to take it one at a time so that you don't miss any?

PiNgU
12th July 2007, 6:46 PM
Another question i have to ask Serebii or any other staff who read my post. You put a shiny thread up if i was to offer a shiny and wanted a certain pokemon can i put it in its family post?

Golden Pure
12th July 2007, 6:51 PM
Another question i have to ask Serebii or any other staff who read my post. You put a shiny thread up if i was to offer a shiny and wanted a certain pokemon can i put it in its family post?
Do you mean if you wanted to offer a Shiny Feebas, can you Post that in the Feebas/Milotic Thread? I think you can.

-Golden.

PiNgU
12th July 2007, 6:54 PM
Do you mean if you wanted to offer a Shiny Feebas, can you Post that in the Feebas/Milotic Thread? I think you can.

-Golden.

Sorry for any confusion on my previous post i meant was if i wanted a certain poke and was going to give a shiny can i put it in the family thread? I just wanted to double check thats all

Shuko
12th July 2007, 6:57 PM
Sorry for any confusion on my previous post i meant was if i wanted a certain poke and was going to give a shiny can i put it in the family thread? I just wanted to double check thats allI think Serebii said that, for the time being, we weren't allowed to post in the family threads if we weren't offering that Pokemon. :/ We're supposed to wait until someone's offering before we can ask.

(This sounds kind of impossible though, so I might be wrong).

PiNgU
12th July 2007, 7:01 PM
I think Serebii said that, for the time being, we weren't allowed to post in the family threads if we weren't offering that Pokemon. :/ We're supposed to wait until someone's offering before we can ask.

(This sounds kind of impossible though, so I might be wrong).

Is anybody able to clear this up? Aswell can a mod put a sticky thread listing rules for using the trading and battling forums please ?

Thanks

Shuko
12th July 2007, 7:04 PM
This is in Joe's first post:

It's what I got my interpretation from. Still, I may be interpreting it wrong. xD

GreenAiden555
12th July 2007, 7:31 PM
Oh, so I'm only allowed to make forums if I become a fat hermit with no life who's on 24/7?

Wow, noted for future reference

As for your Milotic...you cant blame it on my new system, as if you've been looking for it for months, you would have found one in the old forum

If you can quote me anywhere I said that, please show me. I belong to almost 6 other forums and get responses to my questions in a few hours. Not days or never.

For miltoic, I looked with the old system since the 5th day D/P came out, and didn't find one. Less than an hour on another forum, BAM! I get it.

"L"
12th July 2007, 7:35 PM
And it's a shame that people dont bother reading this because half the posts have turned into

"I want a Shiny [Name]"

They dont even bother saying what they have to offer, and if they do they say "I'll give anything"

The problem here isn't the new system, but that people are either:

a) Too stupid to read this thread

b) Cannot understand even the most straight forward of instructions

c) Reads this but just dont care

If I already didn't have a trade ready for Chikorita and Cyndaquil (well actually two) I would have posted in the Kanto legendary pages offering Arcticuno, Moltres, Zapdos, and Mewtwo holding some fossils just for these guys. People need to realise the key to making this work is not to go onto threads saying "I want x Pokemon" bu to go into threads offering their own Pokemon and asking for the ones they want. Or atleast specify what they are willing to offer for "x" Pokemon when they post in those threads, but apparantly the extra three seconds it takes to do that is too time consuming.

Shuko
12th July 2007, 7:40 PM
People need to realise the key to making this work is not to go onto threads saying "I want x Pokemon" bu to go into threads offering their own Pokemon and asking for the ones they want.Wanna hear something ironic? That's exactly how it works in the GTS too. xD You're far more likely to get what you want if you put up a pokemon to trade for it, than if you just simply do a search for the pokemon you want...

Interesting parallelism, that.

"L"
12th July 2007, 7:43 PM
If you can quote me anywhere I said that, please show me. I belong to almost 6 other forums and get responses to my questions in a few hours. Not days or never.

For miltoic, I looked with the old system since the 5th day D/P came out, and didn't find one. Less than an hour on another forum, BAM! I get it.

Since he's not here......

1. That's exactly the reason why I got my shiny miltoic I've been looking for for MONTHS on another forum within hours instead of here.

2. Then what's the point of making forums to begin with? Seriously, they're people here who WANT to know the rules. I'm just saying, that really does make you look bad when people want to know, but aren't getting answers.

And the reason he did not answer was that

1. He's asleep

2. He has a social life

3. When he could come on the forums, there is lag

And of course, the only way one can respond to all these posts right away was if

1. they did not sleep

2. did not have a social life

3. there is no forum lag

pokenoob
12th July 2007, 7:59 PM
to Joe, Chris, PK, or anyone else who might know the answer from what i know of wifi and the gts you need to have seen the pokemon before you can trade right? so what if you want ;249; or any other type you cant normaly find in sinnou? how would you beable to trade for them? is there someone who fights with ;249;?

GreenAiden555
12th July 2007, 8:04 PM
Since he's not here......

And the reason he did not answer was that

1. He's asleep

2. He has a social life

3. When he could come on the forums, there is lag

And of course, the only way one can respond to all these posts right away was if

1. they did not sleep

2. did not have a social life

3. there is no forum lag

...Uh, no. I never said he had to be on 24/7. i was saying, with the "2. Then what's the point of making forums to begin with? Seriously, they're people here who WANT to know the rules. I'm just saying, that really does make you look bad when people want to know, but aren't getting answers." asking him why he "doesn't read every ****ing post".

"L"
12th July 2007, 8:09 PM
Forum Lag may keep him from reading all the posts, along with all the constant whining I've seen on this thread.

Pokenoob, the "Need to have seen" restriction only applies for the GTS.

tominator_49
12th July 2007, 8:43 PM
funnily enough theres been no forum lagging for me since the system change compared to slow loading before. that could be considered a good thing but it just goes to show the lack of people on here since the change, hense the lack of congestion

"L"
12th July 2007, 8:45 PM
Maybe it's due to the fact that people, for some reason are finding this system hard to use and basically stopped coming here. It's a bonus for me.

WhiteWizard42
13th July 2007, 3:41 AM
I've organised them by name now...dont think they look that good personally but that could just be me
i agree.

I don't like the alphabetical ordering of the threads. it's much more useful to be able to easily find the stuff that's been posted in recently (with the old system), and you can still find the family you're looking for by using the handy and easy to use Find feature (CTRL + F).

Shuko
13th July 2007, 2:24 PM
i agree.

I don't like the alphabetical ordering of the threads. it's much more useful to be able to easily find the stuff that's been posted in recently (with the old system), and you can still find the family you're looking for by using the handy and easy to use Find feature (CTRL + F).If you really feel that way, then you shouldn't be afraid to simply click on the 'last post' link at the top of the forum. It orders the threads by which one was posted in last, in descending order. See? Problem solved. xD

Serebii
13th July 2007, 2:26 PM
funnily enough theres been no forum lagging for me since the system change compared to slow loading before. that could be considered a good thing but it just goes to show the lack of people on here since the change, hense the lack of congestion
Actually the forum's load was normal...I noticed over 1000 people on at once and no lag

Nutter t.KK
13th July 2007, 3:40 PM
This is probably Better than GTS..

You can find Pokémon that isn't in your Dex.

BN
Plus you could hint that you want a Shiny Pokémon in your Sig.

"L"
13th July 2007, 3:47 PM
Actually the forum's load was normal...I noticed over 1000 people on at once and no lag

Even the forum loves the new system.

The Shadow Trainer
13th July 2007, 3:51 PM
Even the forum loves the new system.

The forum is lagging at my home.

Angel-FoX-crescent
13th July 2007, 11:59 PM
I am planing to do a mini breeding center service if I can do so.

Basically I would breed a desired pokemon with egg moves
as a request.

I will make a banner for here too.

Shuko
14th July 2007, 2:33 AM
I am planing to do a mini breeding center service if I can do so.

Basically I would breed a desired pokemon with egg moves
as a request.

I will make a banner for here too.Er... what does that have to do with this thread? :x

Hitsugaya
14th July 2007, 3:28 AM
This Trading thread has finally helped both organized trading and no more forum lag!

WhiteWizard42
14th July 2007, 6:40 AM
why are the 2nd and 4th gen Eeveelutions listed separately from the 1st gen? not enough space in the title bar? it makes it confusing as to where to post if you want an umbreon with wish but don't mind evolving it yourself. do you post in both?

If you really feel that way, then you shouldn't be afraid to simply click on the 'last post' link at the top of the forum. It orders the threads by which one was posted in last, in descending order. See? Problem solved. xD

by the same token, people who would prefer it in species order can click the Thread link and it will order them by number.

i still believe that organized by last post time is a more useful layout, especially since with all the pre-evos, the numerical order gets messed up anyway. taking first generation as an example, there are 11 threads listed after Mew, which utterly defeats the point of pokedex order.

quiz_master
14th July 2007, 7:27 AM
I have to agree with the people who feel this is less user friendly because now instead of making just one post what i have i now have to make like 30 posts to let people know what i have. isn't that worse in the long run?

SapphireSwampert
14th July 2007, 8:14 PM
I love the new trading system!I beleive that this should improve the fouroms,and as kairyu_trainer said,I havn't had a lag since this opned,thanks for making this now one of my favorite forums!

Chi
14th July 2007, 11:44 PM
This trading has it's ups and downs. I just don't like having to post mulitple times what I have and want. It is easier to find pokemon I need. I think it would benifit some people who have so many pokemon to trade are allowed ONE trading thread and they can edit it and update it as they go on. It's what I usually do.

"L"
15th July 2007, 12:44 AM
Looking for a Totodile. PM me.

These are the kinds of posts I've been talking about that ruins the entire system, and there are a dozen more of these on the same thread. I doubt anyone, especially with all the lag, would even consider wasting their time PMing someone like this only to find out they have nothing worthwhile to offer. A total waste of time.

SapphireSwampert
15th July 2007, 12:52 AM
These are the kinds of posts I've been talking about that ruins the entire system, and there are a dozen more of these on the same thread. I doubt anyone, especially with all the lag, would even consider wasting their time PMing someone like this only to find out they have nothing worthwhile to offer. A total waste of time.
Well for me the lag fells minimal and usally I reqest one pokemon at a time so I can keep up with the PMs.Even Whan I see a mew thead,I defy from posting untill I get the pokemon I asked earlier.It's called Self-Control.

Hazzard
15th July 2007, 10:29 AM
To all the people that are b****ing about the new system: Shut up. It's a free service to everyone and it has already been stated that it's not going to change, so just... Get over it.

Cool Rafe
15th July 2007, 6:47 PM
What is the meaning of EV trained? o.o

Lishus13
16th July 2007, 3:11 AM
It is more organized, but I DEFINETLY feel my posts go unheeded. At least in the last system you were the boss of your own trading...

Still, it does decrease forum lag...*sigh"...oh well...

charcolt12
16th July 2007, 3:43 PM
Is there a forum for people who need to trade their pokemon so they can evolve?

pikachu breeder
16th July 2007, 6:30 PM
Hi is anyone willing to be helpful and trade me a piplup for something rubbish. I am a total noob!

TWN
16th July 2007, 10:02 PM
All right I've noticed that many of you who are saying how much better the new system is havent used the old system hardly at all. I find this kind of rediculous.... >.>

Anyway, I came up with a way to make the new system a little more likable. I've already posted this on another thread so I'll just quote it from there.

Y'know Serebii, what you ought to do is make another sub-forum dedicated to long lists of Pokemon up for trade. It wouldn't get overcrowded because all of the threads in this sub-forum would consist of many Pokemon, not just one.
In other words, all of the individual Pokemon-trading would remain in their respective Family sub-forums, and the long lists of Pokemon would go in a seperate sub-forum.
This shouldn't be a problem; if you look back in the old "DP Battles and Trades" subforum, you'll see that most of the threads were subjected to a single Pokemon. With individual Pokemon trading now taking place in the "Family" subforums, there would be no need to worry about this new subforum becoming the mess that the old system was. Of course, there would need to be a template that the first post on each thread would need to follow, and you would have to set a minimum number of Pokemon that must be up for trade on each thread. All users would only be allowed a maximum of one thread in this subforum. If someone doesn't follow the template or have at least the minimum number of Pokemon up for trade listed on their threads first post, the thread will be deleted.

This may or may not work, buts it's worth a try, eh?

So what do y'all think?

Davy
16th July 2007, 10:07 PM
I like the new forums, but ever consider an EV trained thread?

That would be nice.

MANAPHYlv1.2
16th July 2007, 10:10 PM
will anyone trade me a lugia ho- oh or darkrai, i have just about anything you could ask for, except for my arceus

MANAPHYlv1.2
16th July 2007, 10:15 PM
i you are on say "hello" so i know

Sexy C
17th July 2007, 12:25 AM
yeah i have a problem with this new system. its very fustrateing if ur some1 looking for an unpopular pokemon such as shuckle or gulpin. personaly im looking for a calm or careful shuckle but really now, who else would b looking 2 trade a random pokemon like shuckle thus every like 6 hours some1 will post in a unpopular pokemon's thread (pm me if u have a calm or careful shuckle). I totally agree with TWN's idea (look it up)

jackass2911
17th July 2007, 11:25 AM
ok before crappy threds were compleatly egnored but now in the shiney thead every post i put up has been egnored plz serrebii change it back

Cool Rafe
17th July 2007, 2:01 PM
What does EV trained stand for???

Nutter t.KK
17th July 2007, 4:43 PM
What does EV trained stand for???

EVs give extra Stat points for Pokémon. There is an upper Limit to EVs. 510 for all Stats combined, and 255 for per stat. EV trained means that They've already got the Max, usually in useful stats. Like full Sp. Att for Psybeaming Alakazam.

More info: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml

Floriantherose
18th July 2007, 3:13 PM
so how do i trade now?
i need to trade for tha regi,s but i dont know how because of the change

plz help

Davy
18th July 2007, 3:30 PM
So no one wants an EV trained thread?

It would be very useful....

Serebii
19th July 2007, 10:07 AM
Just a reminder

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR TRADING

I'm fed up with deleting posts of people asking for trades. Good god people...learn to read

jackass2911
19th July 2007, 11:25 AM
plz serebii change it back

Nutter t.KK
19th July 2007, 11:59 AM
plz serebii change it back

He won't.

I'll explain why..

The Old method had the problem that a minority "Bumped" their thread to gain visibility. ("Bumping" is posting with not very much detail just to get a Thread to top, a practise discouraged in lots of Forums)

The Server (Computer that has this forum on it) has to create a web page for every person who comes here, well for every click. So each user's click gave the server another task. There is a set amount of tasks one server can do before it slows down or misses stuff. During May and June, you could see this happening from 4pm to 12am BST.

The problem got worse as more users "Bumped" their threads. Serebii and the staff saw that the trading forum had the most traffic, and also by same people. They decided to stop it before the server they had was unworkable 12 hours a day.

Basicly, the old Method was killing the site. One thing you don't want to do is kill your site.

Ryu Ulbrich
19th July 2007, 3:14 PM
Actually, the forum sometime still lagging or kicking me, but this new way is clearly good for any one

PKMN Legend Anthony
21st July 2007, 10:59 AM
I prefered the other Trade fourm! i have to post all my trades in differnt sections :(

is there any chance of getting the old way back¬?

Saru King
21st July 2007, 2:52 PM
Ummm... yeah.
This new thing is kinda confusing. @_@
I mean... I'm trying to look for RoT/SR Darkrai and I can't get in the thread cause someone closed it cause someone flamed her or something.
Help me out here...

Mangoverboard
23rd July 2007, 10:59 AM
I want an ev trained thread...

glenniej
23rd July 2007, 12:57 PM
I've been out for some time, and I've got a question:

Say, I'm looking for a super IV'd Gastly and I wanna trade a shiny for it (for example gyarados), do I post in the Gastly thread something like this:

Looking for really good IV'd Gastly, offering shiny gyarados for it.

??

PokemonTrainerLisa
24th July 2007, 10:07 AM
I have a question....

Where would I post a thread so that I could offer event Pokemon (such as from JAA, etc)?

I don't believe event Pokemon would actually fall into any of the family sections, given their value and rarity is much greater (similar to shiny's).

Should I just post a message in the shiny thread? o.o

DarkSpectrum
24th July 2007, 5:40 PM
I prefered the other Trade fourm! i have to post all my trades in differnt sections :(

is there any chance of getting the old way back¬?
No way... I've noticed a much better availability of accessing all forms of the forum since it changed.

Ummm... yeah.
This new thing is kinda confusing. @_@
I mean... I'm trying to look for RoT/SR Darkrai and I can't get in the thread cause someone closed it cause someone flamed her or something.
Help me out here...
Darkrai is almost impossible to get anyways. If you really want it that bad, sig it and someone will reply if they wanna.

I have a question....

Where would I post a thread so that I could offer event Pokemon (such as from JAA, etc)?

I don't believe event Pokemon would actually fall into any of the family sections, given their value and rarity is much greater (similar to shiny's).

Should I just post a message in the shiny thread? o.o

Not everyone knows every event pokemon that was given away at any particular events. Making a thread specifically for that may hinder your chances of finding someone who wants it. And the Shiny thread is already overflowing as is, posting there would be even less than posting in the correct thread.
Some pokemon are even only available by event/disc, i.e. manaphy, mew, celebi, jirachi.

PokemonTrainerLisa
25th July 2007, 9:36 AM
Yeah, but if people go on Serebii they can *find* the event Pokemon in question, listed on this page: http://www.serebii.net/games/events-pkmn.shtml

That's why I thought it might be a good idea if there was an actual thread for trading event Pokemon. ^^o

And since JAA went to so many cities last year, you would think that many people would be aware of event Pokemon (the U.S. event Pokemon, anyway).

DarkSpectrum
25th July 2007, 1:34 PM
Yeah, but if people go on Serebii they can *find* the event Pokemon in question, listed on this page: http://www.serebii.net/games/events-pkmn.shtml

That's why I thought it might be a good idea if there was an actual thread for trading event Pokemon. ^^o

And since JAA went to so many cities last year, you would think that many people would be aware of event Pokemon (the U.S. event Pokemon, anyway).

JAA didn't goto nearly as many as they could have nor was it very widely announced. I didn't even know about it til after the fact.

I seriously don't see the point in having a seperate thread for event pokemon when most of them are only obtainable from events/special methods thus making the threads for those specific pokemon useless.

PokemonTrainerLisa
25th July 2007, 2:09 PM
Yeah, I understand what you mean. But anyway, I was just saying that I thought there needed to be a thread for event Pokemon. That's all.... ^^o

I wasn't trying to say that everyone knows about them. That's obviously not the case, as event Pokemon themselves are rare enough - so rare that some people aren't even aware they exist.

But still, even so, I just thought it would be more "fair" if there was a thread for event Pokemon. I mean, shiny Pokemon are rare and there's a thread for them (though, I guess that's different - now they're not so-rare anymore, cause of the Pokeradar thing...).

Also, for example, let's say that someone is wanting an event Pokemon (or more specifically, a bunch of Pokemon from a certain event - like JAA). They would have to go to *all* of the individual threads to request and make offers, therefore making it harder for them to complete such a task.

Tsc-Nightmare
25th July 2007, 8:59 PM
I'm looking for Tm's #71 Stone Edge #89 U-turn, Also looking for macho brace, lucky egg, left overs, and PP up's, Hp up's, Protein, Carbos, iron, zinc, missing on cant remember.. those stat up's tho in Bulk

Willing to trade:

Rare candies
shiny stone
sun stone
left stone
dusk stone
water stone and other stones..

and other Tm's i cant remember just ask i probably have it..

Also able to trade rare berries have a lot of those too.

PM ME!!!

Roboashura
25th July 2007, 9:23 PM
So, what if I just want the data, can I ask for a trade-tradeback here?

Blatsman
28th July 2007, 12:00 PM
This doesn't work....
When you ask for a pokemon that is not special, noone will notice your thread.

Cool Rafe
28th July 2007, 12:19 PM
Providing loads of Pokemon breeding services... Just pm me straight... It is most likely that something good will come out of our deal...

http://cards.pokecharms.com/create/652caa8e90547c74b9800e6e43a952c2.png
I provide breeding service for many Pokemon... Pm me for info...
I only reply to messages that I am interested in...
Every PMs will be noted, though...

My wishlist
;152; - any nature, any gender
;155; - Mild or Rash nature, any gender
;158; - Adamant or Naughty nature, any gender
;215; - Adamant or Lonely nature, any gender, with egg move Ice Punch
;349; - Modest nature, female, with egg move, Hypnosis
;490; - any nature, any level

Mullac51
28th July 2007, 12:22 PM
Could a mod please delete this or lock it? Cause all people do is complain. Instead, maybe you should just keep the first post from serbii explaining, and then locking it...

Just a thought.

Regards,
~M51

Winged_Psychic
29th July 2007, 12:02 PM
I really like the new Trades forum, it does lack a little flexibility but it makes finding Pokemon much easier and makes less lag. Could we have an egg thread just to trade random eggs to people?

HANZ
31st July 2007, 4:03 PM
There also should of been a thread where you could arrange your own trades the way you want.

EDIT: Actually forget it it's not a good idea.

DarkSpectrum
1st August 2007, 8:54 PM
I really like the new Trades forum, it does lack a little flexibility but it makes finding Pokemon much easier and makes less lag. Could we have an egg thread just to trade random eggs to people?
I think that might actually get some use. However some people may find some way to cause problems with it.

Could a mod please delete this or lock it? Cause all people do is complain. Instead, maybe you should just keep the first post from serbii explaining, and then locking it...

Just a thought.

Regards,
~M51

Alot of people are indeed... I'ma add my own to it too.
Why is miltank listed with tauros? They may both be cows and we may all think they need a joint-pre-evo or should be able to breed to get each other.... but they aren't actually related.

STRiKR
1st August 2007, 9:09 PM
ima new person in the forum so i was wondering where sould i post if im looking for event pokemon?

Nutter t.KK
1st August 2007, 9:45 PM
ima new person in the forum so i was wondering where sould i post if im looking for event pokemon?

Have you read any of the last 150 Posts?

THERE IS A SEARCH FUNCTION BUILT IN THE FORUM!!!

coolguy666
2nd August 2007, 1:48 AM
I'm having a particular problem with the WiFi. Apparently, my computer doesn't run the Java application directly on this website and I had to download the mIRC. After I downloaded it, I used it for several times but now it doesn't want to connect to ANY server. If anyone has the mIRC program and has experienced this, can you please help me?

Nutter t.KK
2nd August 2007, 1:16 PM
I'm having a particular problem with the WiFi. Apparently, my computer doesn't run the Java application directly on this website and I had to download the mIRC. After I downloaded it, I used it for several times but now it doesn't want to connect to ANY server. If anyone has the mIRC program and has experienced this, can you please help me?

Some ISPs (Internet Service Providers), some networks and some "Child protection" programs do block certain Ports. IRC chat uses a Particular Port set by the chat server. I can't help you much more here, you should try here. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)

As for IRC client, I use my PDA, but you can use a Phone.

http://wirelessirc.sourceforge.net/

http://jmirc.sourceforge.net/
(Check details before use, as you may be charged by your service provider for use.)

STRiKR
2nd August 2007, 8:06 PM
[QUOTE=Big Nutter;6651073]Have you read any of the last 150 Posts?

I cant wwhen i try to go to the page it takes like 30 min it finish loading :(

GalacticGallade
6th August 2007, 2:15 PM
Just To Stop the complianing

im tradin 30 chimchars ;390;

all lvl 1

accepting any over lvl 5

exept bidoofs and budews

pm me for info

GalacticGallade
6th August 2007, 2:16 PM

all lvl 1

accepting any over lvl 5

exept bidoofs and budews and zubats

pm me for info

GalacticGallade
6th August 2007, 2:16 PM

all lvl 1

accepting any over lvl 5

exept bidoofs and budews and zubats

pm me for info

Flake
8th August 2007, 7:56 AM
I really need some help with trading on Wi-Fi...

I have posted this already in the D/P help thread, but my post seems to have been ignored in amongst the people with hundreds of easier questions. Besides I think this is a better place for my question.

I Only got a DS the day that Diamond came out here in the UK so I havent much experience with going online with anything other then my PC.

Anyway, my problem is this:

I set up my DS and use my wireless router ( which I've never had problems with ) and managed to find my router with the DS easily. I Also connected to the whole nintendo wi-fi thing without any problems in the downstairs bit of the poke centers. Everything was going fine until the trade was under way. I chose 'Apply' to agree to trade and the DS said that it was connecting with my friend (another trader from these forums). After a short while I got disconnected and an error code 86420.

I tried a number of different things, including resetting the DS a few Times, resetting the router and disabling the firewall on the router itself, none of these worked and I kept getting the same error code.

Surely disabeling the firewalls on the individual computers ( there are 2 sharing the router ) wont have any effect since the DS connects to the router directly as opposed to through one of the computers.

I have dome a few searches on the net about the error code and no one seems to know much appart from its probably a firewall problem. If it is, which firewall should I be disabling to get my trade working.

Thanks for any help.

Chi
8th August 2007, 8:07 AM
Flake did you try here?

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=86420&system=DS&locale=en_US&action2.x=12&action2.y=21

That should help you get it working again.

pkrs123
9th August 2007, 1:04 AM
trading shiny dialga or shiny mew both untouched for shinies pm me

Virtual Headache
25th August 2007, 11:24 AM
This ISN'T a trading thread.
Stop posting your trades here, post them in the threads where they belong.

Shadow Man
30th August 2007, 6:00 PM
can u unlock the darkrai fourum im trying to trade my movie darkrai

I don't think they will ever will

Gadget
3rd September 2007, 2:24 PM
Distribution system

In my being in Japan

I can give Japanese distribution system

The hope of the this one
10ANNIV
Ten ANIV
SH
Egg delivery
It is XD / the Colosseum besides Japan

DiarugaHiidoran321
8th September 2007, 4:58 PM
Okay im sorry if im wasting your guys' time but im new to the forums, and i would like to do trades(i have the national dex and most legendaries from D/P) and im not sure how. Can any of you guys tell me how this trading system works? If theyre not near you for wireless trades, and you havent seen it so you cant ask for it on the GTS, how do you trade for it? im sorry but all I know is it involves the friend code but i dont know more than that
;483;;485;(the smilies make sense to those who understand my account name; its the japanese translations of Dialga & Heatran)

Shiny _hunter_uk
8th September 2007, 5:05 PM
to do a basic online trade or battle you go to the bottom floor of any poke center and make sure the person you are trading or battling with has your freind code and you have theres. then you enter and the person you are trading with should be there then you can arrange a battle or trade. if you trade on the gts you have to have seen the pokemon you want for some reason but if you havent seen a pokemon yet and cant get it off the gts trade on here in the trade forum
hope that helps....

DiarugaHiidoran321
8th September 2007, 5:09 PM
to do a basic online trade or battle you go to the bottom floor of any poke center and make sure the person you are trading or battling with has your freind code and you have theres. then you enter and the person you are trading with should be there then you can arrange a battle or trade. if you trade on the gts you have to have seen the pokemon you want for some reason but if you havent seen a pokemon yet and cant get it off the gts trade on here in the trade forum
hope that helps....
Thank you Shiny_hunter_uk that helps a lot so thanks for posting it!!!;483;;485;

Shiny _hunter_uk
8th September 2007, 5:11 PM
np glad too help its a bit complecated lol
(if you ever get hold of shinys or events id be happy to trade by the way)

Latichu-Pikios
9th September 2007, 6:02 PM
Please can some one trade with me?

Gadget
10th September 2007, 1:45 PM
Distribution system

In my being in Japan

I can give Japanese distribution system

The hope of the this one
10ANNIV
Ten ANIV
SH
Egg delivery
It is XD / the Colosseum besides Japan

Jack_Maddocks
19th September 2007, 9:08 AM
Is there any chance of there being a Event Pokemon Thread? I only collect event pokemon and would lik other event pokemon

Nutter t.KK
19th September 2007, 11:04 AM
Is there any chance of there being a Event Pokemon Thread? I only collect event pokemon and would lik other event pokemon

There's 5 "Event" Pokémon Threads open. That is Pokémon that Can ONLY be Officially got in a Event.

I'll start you off:
Mew: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=258735

This list has almost every one known on it: http://www.serebii.net/games/events-pkmn.shtml

Jack_Maddocks
19th September 2007, 11:25 AM
Actually Serebiis event list contains hacks according to other people on differnt forums. What about Bryant Parks and other things?

Serebii
28th September 2007, 7:43 PM
You seem to not understand this forum. I suggest you look at the first post on this thread

Skez
30th September 2007, 1:38 AM
What do you do if your want list includes mixed region pokemon. IE i need some things from kanto, some from sinnoh, but they arent in the same evo tree

Nutter t.KK
30th September 2007, 2:24 PM
What do you do if your want list includes mixed region pokemon. IE i need some things from kanto, some from sinnoh, but they arent in the same evo tree

In forums it quite useful to read the First Post:

Ok, so upon entering this forum, I am sure you are bamboozled by what on earth you are able to do here

As you can see, the Pokémon are seperated into region and then seperated into family.

As many Pokémon have got evolutions spread across the many lands in the Pokémon world which will definitely cause confusion among many. In this trade board, what I did was made sure the thread for the family is in the forum for the first instance of the family seen.

For example;

Electabuzz has a 2nd Gen Pre-Evo, Elekid, and a 4th Gen Evolution, Electivire,. You will find the family in the Kanto folder.

However, we do not require you to remember every evolution. At the bottom of every forum are redirects. These are links to the family thread of any Pokémon within that region's dex but whom is part of another family. Very easy to find.

fireballs
30th September 2007, 3:57 PM
i have a ADAMANT tru manaphy

fireballs
30th September 2007, 4:03 PM
it stands for Toys R Us

Soilydude
14th October 2007, 2:31 PM
Hi, i'm kinda new to the forums, is there anywhere i can swap shinies with people? and where can i post to say that i want to offer a pokemon? because i don't want any pokemon just shinies, i don't like the ones i already have :)

Erik Destler
14th October 2007, 2:45 PM
Hi, i'm kinda new to the forums, is there anywhere i can swap shinies with people? and where can i post to say that i want to offer a pokemon? because i don't want any pokemon just shinies, i don't like the ones i already have :)

Try the Batch Shiny Thread. ^^;
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=259588

But be sure to read the Rules of the Trading Forum first, okay? ^^;

MasterTrainerX
18th October 2007, 4:56 AM
Hey everyone! I was just wondering, everyone seems to want a mixture of the old and new system... Kirkeastment's idea I thought was great but Serebii's point is also valid. You can't easily find a wanted Pokémon with Kirkeastment's idea but you can't easily trade all your Pokémon with Serebii's idea. So, what if you were to have them both? It might make the forums slower but then both sides would be happy. And if Serebii isn't willing to do this, my forums have this system if anyone would find that easier. I'm not advertising, just suggesting an idea and solution(s). Oh yea, I had a previous screen name and forgot the password coz it's old... So don't call me a noob coz I'm not.

Erik Destler
23rd October 2007, 5:08 AM
Both would have, instead of this relative order..
Every five minutes someone will post new thread

"OMG SUM1 TRADE ME PICHU!!!!!!1"
Over and over, and they'd be lost forever amongst people constantly making topics.

Plus this way is a lot easier to moderate.
The other way is extreeeeeemely impractical if you think about it.

It is in no way beneficial. :[

And what makes yer site any better tham the thousands of other sites :s

Wild C
25th October 2007, 10:59 PM
I am confused. I would like to say I understand this system, but I cannot.

This system is fine for those searching for a particular Pokemon, and there are some I am looking for, but I would also like to say that I am offering this Pokemon what would you give me for it?.

Would it bew possible to break it down further and include, searching for/trading away?;328;

"L"
3rd November 2007, 2:57 AM
This system is not actually that hard to figure out, and if people stopped being idiots and stopped posted something like this:

I want [insert pokemon]

PM me :)

And was more specifi with what they have, then everything would be so much nicer. If you are trading the Pokemon away, post something like this

I have this:

[insert name]
[additional info]

What I want:
[insert wants whther they be item or Pokemon]

FC: 0000-0000-0000
PM me

Or if your asking for something

I want:
[insert Pokemon]
[Additional info]

What I can offer:
[insert your offers]

FC: 0000-0000-0000
PM me

Additional information is something like natures, traits, moves, and whether it is EVed or not.

Seriously, there needs to be a unified way of posting to make browsing easier, just like how the RMT has a format for posting teams.

Rensch
4th November 2007, 9:33 AM
How can you easily trade when most of the people you meet live in a different time zone? When I make an appointment to trade with someone in New York at 9:00 AM. than that's different from the 9:00 AM here in Holland right?

-Xu-
4th November 2007, 12:08 PM
How can you easily trade when most of the people you meet live in a different time zone? When I make an appointment to trade with someone in New York at 9:00 AM. than that's different from the 9:00 AM here in Holland right?

Well you just have to compromise.
Alot of trades get done as soon as someone posts, because most people only PM me back if they are online.
If it's a trade that you desperately want you just have to find out eachothers timezones and try to synch up.
There's not much else you can do about it.

Rensch
4th November 2007, 12:29 PM
OK, thanks!

I'll see what I can do.

SandTurtle
17th November 2007, 7:50 PM
I haven't seen an answer yet, so I would like to know why Tauros and Miltank share the same thread. o.o

Houndoom101
17th November 2007, 7:56 PM
Is this like a roleplay thing? I'm new. Or is this a wifi challenge thing? Or am I totally wrong?

-Xu-
17th November 2007, 8:51 PM
I haven't seen an answer yet, so I would like to know why Tauros and Miltank share the same thread. o.o

Because if you breed one of them, you can get either from the egg. If it's male you get Tauros, female Miltank.

Is this like a roleplay thing? I'm new. Or is this a wifi challenge thing? Or am I totally wrong?

No, it's a trading centre for wifi.
Post what you need in it's thread. So if you need a Bulbasaur, go to the kanto Families thread then post under Bulbasaur/Ivy/Venesaur.
Same thing if you want to advertise soemthing you have.

firewall
20th January 2008, 7:00 PM
Hi, I am new and wanted to ask a question. Ok the thing is I was wondering if I can open a breeding center thread here in the trade area. It's a free breeding center run by me. I have done the same thing in two other Pokemon communities and find that it is well received. I wanted to ask permission first since I noticed that this community has more defined structures in each forum and I didn't want to do something that would upset the mods.

RNA668
20th January 2008, 7:10 PM
how exactly does a breeding center work???

firewall
20th January 2008, 7:19 PM
how exactly does a breeding center work???

Ok, here is what I usually do. I open a thread with the name "firewall's breeding center". I state that I am willing to breed rare pokemon such as munchlax, Johto starters etc. And that it is a non-profit service so they're free. The customer posts what they want and they can choose up to six at a time (hatched/unhatched, nickname/no nickname, egg moves, if available)

I accept the order and state a time frame for retrieval as I breed them upon request. Everything is guaranteed legit and comes with a free gift.

I started such a service in other places, the goal is to assist trainers who want a hard to get pokemon but haven't been able to.

Actually, I am delivering a client's totodile egg as I am posting this, client from the second center.

Erik Destler
20th January 2008, 7:43 PM
No, you cannot open a breeding center.
Sorry.
Just offer the pokemon you breed. :)

Say, you breed dratini.
Just offer Level 1 Dratini/dratini eggs.
:)!

firewall
20th January 2008, 7:45 PM
Ok well I am glad that I asked first then.

Gravity-Child
26th February 2008, 8:33 PM
Just offer Level 1 Dratini/dratini eggs.
:)!

Can we offer eggs? it seems open to abuse, i.e. I could trade your rare pokemon and say i'm giving you a egg for a rare pokemon that could actually hatch into a Bidoof.

P.s. Im not actually going to do that :D

Ralts Master
27th February 2008, 1:38 AM
Because if you breed one of them, you can get either from the egg. If it's male you get Tauros, female Miltank.
It really works like that?

vitz
27th February 2008, 5:11 AM
It really works like that?

wow, I didn't know that. That's so weird :D

belibutn
27th February 2008, 5:18 AM
Is there a way to stop or trim down on folks replying in the trade threads asking things like "hey, will you take __ for that?" and then a conversation proceeds between the trader and potential tradee? I am getting really tired of having to wade through all that crap to read what folks have for trade or are looking for. Take it all to PMs folks, that's what they are for.

Mork
18th April 2008, 9:26 PM
Well,

Just new to the forum (Hey guys ... :D) En just thought about breathing some new life into this topic. Can't do any harm can't it?

Just started a new journey at pokémon Diamond. So if anyone wants to trade (I have a Wi-Fi USB Connector since a couple of days ... jeeeeej! ^^) Just PM me

Love, Hugs ans Kisses

Ow ... I was also wondering, are there any more dutch people around here?

Captain Darth Jack Vader
25th May 2008, 5:09 PM
I have a question about legitimacy. What makes a rare pokemon legitimate?

I personally define a legit pokemon as one who was actually caught at the place where the game has programmed them to be, regardless of the methods used to get there.

And also, what makes a shiny legit? one you simply came across? Because that's incredibly difficult. My AR can get me any number of shinies, with no glitchy side effects. If they aren't considered legit, then I won't use them, but it would be nice to know.

Tiny
26th May 2008, 7:19 PM
legitimate shinys are just that, shinys that have been found with an approx. 1 in 8000 chance. This is why they are so highly sought after, because of their rarity. If you hack a shiny with an action replay in any way at all, regardless of where you find it it is illegitimate in the moral sense and you will find that although it can be played online it is considered to be worth less than nothing on the trade forums and will get you banned.

Captain Darth Jack Vader
26th May 2008, 11:26 PM
Hmm. Pity. Oh well, adopt, adapt and improve. Which is basically play the game without as many pretty colors.

Captain Darth Jack Vader
26th May 2008, 11:29 PM
Hmm. Pity. Oh well, adopt, adapt and improve. Which is basically play the game without as many pretty colors.

Erik Destler
2nd June 2008, 5:49 PM
You can trade before the game is over, and you can just go to the Aipom topic in the Johto section and request one there :p

Iluvfibrp
2nd June 2008, 5:59 PM
Thank You =) I have already requested :P

BTW don't you have one spare Aipom? :D

Erik Destler
2nd June 2008, 8:37 PM
No. And don't ask to trade via threads.
Read the rules. ^^;

If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me ~

chanseychansey
8th June 2008, 5:36 AM
Sorry, I read the first post and I still don't really understand... x.o Maybe it's just 'cause I'm really tired at the moment...

Anyhow... I'm not really looking for a specific Pokemon, but I have some Pokemon with Pokerus and I just kind of want to see what I could get for them. Is there anywhere I could offer a trade like that?

Noxty
10th June 2008, 11:25 PM
my question is am i able to post a list of pokemon im putting up for trade
and where would i be able to post it?

RedJirachi
16th June 2008, 5:25 AM
I need help with the actual trading
First,how do I get Pokemon I haven't seen yet
Second,how do I find and use my FC
Third,I need help immediately!

-Xu-
22nd June 2008, 11:46 AM
Unless you can see them in-game from a trainer there is no easy way.
You can trade for any pokemon over wireless, it's just the GTS where you have to have seen them first.
So I could trade you a charmander even if you haven't seen it but you can't look for one on the GTS as it's not in your dex.

You find you Friend Code by going to the basement of the pokemon center and connecting to wi-fi for the first time. Then you can check your code any time in the pal pad.

RodeK
2nd July 2008, 11:08 PM
I trade a gyarados, machoke, kricketot, mew.

Nutter t.KK
2nd July 2008, 11:48 PM
I trade a gyarados, machoke, kricketot, mew.

Can you read the first post!!!

I can also trade Gyarados, Machoke, Kricketot, and Mew, since I went a Mew Giveaway in England last year.

pink serebii
11th July 2008, 2:54 PM
I will trade a shiny craidos for a Japanese pokemon
OT AJ
level 20
HP 61
Attack 56
SP.Atk 19
Sp.Def 21
Speed 34
Ability Mold Breaker
moves scary face take down pursuit and Focus Energy
Met at miming museum
male
no ribbons
pokeball
legal
Add me AJ 2191 FC 8835 1791

Inoue
11th July 2008, 4:07 PM
I'm willing to trade my Palkia for one legitimate Pikachu holding a Light Ball and one legitimate Charmander holding TM46 Thief. I don't care about their nature, level and gender.

I think it's a fair trade as Pikachu and Charmander are both reobtainable by breeding and Palkia, unfortunately, is not.

Please PM me.

Thank you, ^_^

Inoue

Nutter t.KK
11th July 2008, 6:47 PM
I will trade a shiny craidos for a Japanese pokemon
OT AJ
level 20
HP 61
Attack 56
SP.Atk 19
Sp.Def 21
Speed 34
Ability Mold Breaker
moves scary face take down pursuit and Focus Energy
Met at miming museum
male
no ribbons
pokeball
legal
Add me AJ 2191 FC 8835 1791

Can you please use this page: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=258939 and say want you Give/want.

I'm willing to trade my Palkia for one legitimate Pikachu holding a Light Ball and one legitimate Charmander holding TM46 Thief. I don't care about their nature, level and gender.

I think it's a fair trade as Pikachu and Charmander are both reobtainable by breeding and Palkia, unfortunately, is not.

Please PM me.

Thank you, ^_^

Inoue

You should post in http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=259027. OR even http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=8351294#post8351294 and http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=258635

This page is for HELP UNDERSTANDING this small area of the forum, not for actual Trades. You will not get any trades here.

Inoue
11th July 2008, 7:40 PM
Can you please use this page: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=258939 and say want you Give/want.

You should post in http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=259027. OR even http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=8351294#post8351294 and http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=258635

This page is for HELP UNDERSTANDING this small area of the forum, not for actual Trades. You will not get any trades here.

Hi Big Nutter,

Thank you for your help and info. I'll post my request in the correct topic.

Inoue

l33t_Rotom
18th July 2008, 7:27 AM
what is the best way to exchange friend codes. I still don't have any on my pal pad. my code is
FCC: 4554 1115 6305

I have been on wifi several times but none of the names I register go up

Nutter t.KK
18th July 2008, 12:41 PM
what is the best way to exchange friend codes. I still don't have any on my pal pad. my code is
FCC: 4554 1115 6305

I have been on wifi several times but none of the names I register go up

Since both people need to add their DS codes, ask someone you want to trade/Battle with.

I usually do in the PMs or IM.

LordKelvin
19th July 2008, 7:57 AM
Quick request to the mods:

Is it possible for you to split the Item Trading sections into more than one single thread? While I know that item trading is less popular than Pokemon trading, I'm finding it somewhat hard to sift through all those pages looking for an exact item, and I surmise that it would be just as hard to offer up any various items that I want to trade away (such as one of the three Magmarizers that I just got a few minutes ago).

If I may suggest, make a new subforum for Items, and make multiple threads in there like a stones thread (Dawn, Shiny, etc.), stat-boosting items thread (plates, things like Mystic Water and Magnet), Battle Tower items thread (EV-training stuff, etc.), evolution-inducing held items thread (Magmarizers, King's Rock, etc.), berries thread, and so on.

JCL
6th August 2008, 2:17 PM
Im wanting to start my game over that I just got so I can work on breeding and make better move sets and other things.

My question is can I recieve Chickorita, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squrittle, Eevee in a trade in the beginning of the game before I get the National Pokedex?

I would like to know this asap. Thanks

Nutter t.KK
6th August 2008, 2:28 PM
Im wanting to start my game over that I just got so I can work on breeding and make better move sets and other things.

My question is can I recieve Chickorita, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squrittle, Eevee in a trade in the beginning of the game before I get the National Pokedex?

I would like to know this asap. Thanks

Yeah, they won't be in your Dex or available for Asking on GTS.

JCL
6th August 2008, 2:47 PM
Yeah, they won't be in your Dex or available for Asking on GTS.

What abou trading through WIFI trading like with someone on here?

Nutter t.KK
6th August 2008, 5:33 PM
What about trading through WIFI?

Wifi or Local trading doesn't matter.

PokemontradeCO
21st August 2008, 2:13 AM
hmm where can I create a trade thread with a partner from diffrent regions?

GarchompHata
28th August 2008, 12:58 AM
Please Joe, Im begging you! Old trade thread! This one belongs in Smogon's Trou De Cul!

GarchompHata
28th August 2008, 12:59 AM
Please Joe, Im begging you! Old trade thread! This one belongs in Smogon's Trou De Cul!

Nutter t.KK
28th August 2008, 1:53 AM

This forum is a result of an access problem. The old Trade Forum was Full of Bumping posts, which put so much load on the server that the you often didn't connect, to the forum.

Serebii decided to prevent a few people making hard for everyone else, is to make a new system.

Who am I kidding? Your sig is not nice about the mods, who can alter the signatures..

GarchompHata
28th August 2008, 2:00 AM
1. aaaaaaah. and 2. I dont care. A lot of the serebii mods suck. SOME rock. But most suck. No offense

clayo94
4th September 2008, 11:37 PM
i need jotho legendaries FC 236366012495 thanks

Nutter t.KK
4th September 2008, 11:51 PM
i need jotho legendaries FC 236366012495 thanks

This is an help thread for the trade system.. You should ask in this forum. http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156

It's some times best to say what you are willing to give for them.

PokeFre@k
13th September 2008, 1:16 AM
im alittle confused

is this for a Site?

or Game Boy games?

sorry im new :(

Nutter t.KK
13th September 2008, 1:27 AM
im alittle confused

is this for a Site?

or Game Boy games?

sorry im new :(

It's for the DS Pokémon games: Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. (Platinum is presumed name of the newest game in Japan, which is called Pocket Monsters: Plantina (which is the nearest you can get to Platinum.))

Read the Tech FAQ pages to see how to get your DS online.

qwerty2k8
13th September 2008, 12:54 PM
hi, could some one place a thread in the johto trade for suicune/entei/raikou ??
i'm trying to trade them but i can'tseem to find the thread for it :'''((

Nutter t.KK
13th September 2008, 1:57 PM
hi, could some one place a thread in the johto trade for suicune/entei/raikou ??
i'm trying to trade them but i can'tseem to find the thread for it :'''((

They already exist, But since there are Kanto Evo/Pre-evo are at the bottom, they are near the middle.

Here the Links to the threads anyways.

Raikou http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=258802
Entei http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=258803
Suicune http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=258805

Also Most Web Browsers Have a Find option. IE and Firefox has it accessible by hitting CRTL+F. Type in the name or National Dex no and hit find.

Here is the event thread where some of the "Dogs" can be seen: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=345467

delvis203
20th September 2008, 4:53 PM
um
hi im new and i just wanted to know
is it possible to trade from saphire to crystal

Nutter t.KK
20th September 2008, 5:15 PM
um
hi im new and i just wanted to know
is it possible to trade from saphire to crystal

No, this page has more info in to why: http://www.serebii.net/games/trade.shtml

delvis203
20th September 2008, 5:19 PM
No, this page has more info in to why: http://www.serebii.net/games/trade.shtml

aww
that sucks
but i remember that before frlg came out this site said that the only way to get old pokemons are to trade with crystal, gold and silver

TheWallstreetJournal
26th September 2008, 1:10 AM
not sure where to put this, but...

how are you supposed to trade for pokes like mewtwo, deoxys, jirachi, etc. on the GTS if you can't see them normally in-game?

Nutter t.KK
26th September 2008, 1:29 AM
not sure where to put this, but...

how are you supposed to trade for pokes like mewtwo, deoxys, jirachi, etc. on the GTS if you can't see them normally in-game?

You can trade using Local wireless with a friend near by or Wifi using Friend codes for them, or Transfer them from a GBA game.

This subforum is for users to trade Pokémon that they can't get on GTS, and some sperfic move sets.

Also Users must insert give their FC to their trade partner, and insert the received FC in their Pal pad.