PDA

View Full Version : What's Ash's problem

Pete the Unstoppable
11th July 2007, 2:24 AM
Really, he has had way more expirience than Dawn, yet he copies her with that spin dodging tactic, for god's sake someone who beat an Articuno and Regice copies a new trainer, does anyone see whats wrong with this.

Korobooshi Kojiro
11th July 2007, 2:32 AM
Not really...it made sense to weave in and out.

Reign G
11th July 2007, 5:17 AM
I don't see anything wrong. It was a good tactic, and so Ash used it to his advantage. It's not like he hurt anyone. And what does beating an Articuno and Regice have to do with it? or Dawn being a newbie?

Dax
11th July 2007, 5:32 AM
Ash is not the best trainer in the world so he's not capable to know every strategy in the world. Obviously trainers have different styles of battling in terms of dodging and attacking and he can learn from them. In this case he learned from Dawn a dodging technique. It's not a big deal and there's nothing wrong with it.

ShinyManafi
11th July 2007, 6:38 AM
Even trainers like Ash have to learn new stuff every so often...no one ever said he was a master yet.

Hikozaru390
11th July 2007, 2:17 PM
So he tried something new and it worked.

Quit complaining, at least it shows some character development.

Soulworage717
11th July 2007, 2:36 PM
Actually, Ash Ketchum ripping off new trainers is nothing ridiculous. Compared to everything else I've seen there isn't much to be flabbergasted about.

Although I do see an alternate point. I keep on watching the same episodes over and over again. And I go "....this shmuck beat Regice (WITH A PIKACHU.) and Articuno how could he get defeated by a flawed Cranidos?! What is wrong here?!"

Seriously, does the oppoent's Pokemon mean anything, or does Ash just HAX whenever he feels like it?

Reign G
12th July 2007, 12:17 AM
Meh, you really gotta remember something about that. When he beat thoose Pokemon in BF, all of the Pokemon he used he had had for a long time, and were all high levels. I don't see why people think he should win every battle now, because now his Pokemon aren't that strong, since he hasn't had them that long. Except Aipom and Pikachu...But we all know Pikachu's pwoer is reset at the beginning of each Region so that he can't kill all opponents in one move. And I'm guessing the same goes for Aipom this time around.

PaulFan1517
12th July 2007, 12:31 AM
But we all know Pikachu's pwoer is reset at the beginning of each Region so that he can't kill all opponents in one move. And I'm guessing the same goes for Aipom this time around.

LOL I know right wtf is up with that

Going back on topic there is nothing wrong with ash copying dawn's move unless he forgets about it for the rest of the season(which we all know he will). You can't always come up with your own training methods you have to borrow some from other trainers. And another thing you can't blame ash for anything in pokemon always blame the creater of pokemon(who doesn't do anything except create and give pokemon names) everything else he leaves to the producers and writers.

So blame them.

PaulFan1517
12th July 2007, 12:32 AM
But we all know Pikachu's pwoer is reset at the beginning of each Region so that he can't kill all opponents in one move. And I'm guessing the same goes for Aipom this time around.

LOL I know right wtf is up with that

Going back on topic there is nothing wrong with ash copying dawn's move unless he forgets about it for the rest of the season(which we all know he will). You can't always come up with your own training methods you have to borrow some from other trainers. And another thing you can't blame ash for anything in pokemon always blame the creater of pokemon(who doesn't do anything except create and give pokemon names) everything else he leaves to the producers and writers.

So blame them.

TogeticTheRuler
12th July 2007, 12:42 AM
Didn't Ash's pikachu get beat up by someone's magikarp?-.-

PaulFan1517
12th July 2007, 12:45 AM

Yeah I think so that was in an a very recent episode in the US. It had trouble with a magikarp when magikarps only know tackle and splash. The producers really make ash battle really pathetic sometimes.

Geostomp
12th July 2007, 1:05 AM

Yeah I think so that was in an a very recent episode in the US. It had trouble with a magikarp when magikarps only know tackle and splash. The producers really make ash battle really pathetic sometimes.

It was a freakishly strong Magikarp and it was a tie.

On topic, what's wrong with using a move someone else did that proved effective?

Ash saw Dawn's pokemon use that move to dodge a very strong Aerodactyl and figured that it'd be good against similar charging attacks. It was the perfect thing for his upcoming match so he decided to try it out.

Frankly it shows Ash knows something good when he sees it and is mature enough to accept something a rookie came up with. Strategies can be used by more than one person.

R3b3lSarge
12th July 2007, 1:12 AM
well its not bad to try new tactics, but i have to admit that ash is dim-witted sometimes, if not always. i see him still using thundershock sometimes XD

Soulworage717
12th July 2007, 1:50 AM
Meh, you really gotta remember something about that. When he beat thoose Pokemon in BF, all of the Pokemon he used he had had for a long time, and were all high levels. I don't see why people think he should win every battle now, because now his Pokemon aren't that strong, since he hasn't had them that long. Except Aipom and Pikachu...But we all know Pikachu's pwoer is reset at the beginning of each Region so that he can't kill all opponents in one move. And I'm guessing the same goes for Aipom this time around.

....that is so stupid yet that will explain everything....so like what, He gets a new generation of HAXachu to replace the old?

Although considering the stupid moves he makes, how he denies evolution, and HOW HE STILL CAN'T GET TYPES DOWN, he's not going to be on any winning streak. That I can believe. I dunno man, I'm tired of the stupid textbook Soma (Hyper) Beam. Why is it on every powerful Pokemon? Gah I'm going off topic...

Still, the improbability of a Pikachu beating a Regice ALONE, WITHOUT AID, is about the same as leaves stopping a flamethrower....oh wait that can happen too. GAH.

Before I go, was that move Dawn used on Aerodactyl Bounce? If it is please tell me.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. This is King Brandon we're talking about shouldn't he have a high level Regice to match the high level HAXachu? I mean come on man it's KING, BRANDON. He has to have.