PDA

View Full Version : Ash's Team

parukia49
12th July 2007, 7:54 AM
I believe that Ash shouldn't do his 'fresh start' thing. I think he should therefore have this team for sinnoh. Plz post ur team for ash if u disagree.

Charizard
Sceptile
Snorlax
Swellow
Pikachu
Glailie

pantyer2
12th July 2007, 7:07 PM
But he hasto have a sinnoh pokemon!

Korobooshi Kojiro
12th July 2007, 7:16 PM
Um...no.

Sinnoh's started and he's basically, besides Aipom and Pikachu, startin' over (although he never said he wouldn't use them in the league)

AshfanGirl20
12th July 2007, 7:45 PM
But the point of new Pokemon for him is so he can experince new Pokemon. Yah get what I'm saying here? A Pokemon Master should know every Pokemon and all of its attacks. If you keep the old Pokemon over and over agian yah never learn any thing new. Maybe he can use them in other leauges or switch his Pokemon from time to time but I think that's all he should do.

morefirepokemon
12th July 2007, 9:04 PM
in my random times ive thought of something like this, have ash create his mega team, not technically go fresh
there is problem with that team though, ash period always has a water type, he will eventually get on in sinnoh
my ash team:
Pikachu
Charizard
Squirtle
Sceptile
Noctowl
Donphan/Snorlax

ShinyManafi
12th July 2007, 9:59 PM
If he starts off with his whole team, all gym battles will be short..

Desert Flower
13th July 2007, 1:36 AM
Uh, no. It'd be boring. You start out a new game with a team like that, and see how much fun you'd have. There's no challenge in it.

Dax
13th July 2007, 3:03 AM
No.

It'd be boring to see him with the same pokemons over and over again knowing that he can have new pokemons. Seriously, we want to see new pokemons and the idea of Ash getting new pokemons excites me a little bit.:)

parukia49
13th July 2007, 3:25 AM
i suppose i never thought of that. I suppose my team was meant for the league because ash has never won any of the leagues excluding the orange league

Dax
13th July 2007, 3:56 AM
I can see your team working for the league. It's a pretty good collection of Ash's strongest pokemon but I think someone from Sinnoh should be in there. His next stop is the Sinnoh League so there should be a new pokemon in there.;)

loonatic
13th July 2007, 4:06 AM
i personally like how ash's tarts fresh and new every season. i just HATE when he lets pokemon go. like Pidgeot.

Dyne
13th July 2007, 8:49 AM
I personally think he should always start over. It's just part of the show, excluding Pikachu because he's the mascot of Pokemon. Oh, and also exclude Aipom in Diamond / Pearl, but that's only because... well, don't know if this is a spoiler or not so I won't say anymore. >.>

He could switch in between his old and new Pokemon in the league, but in regular adventure he's just going to go with what he catches. I, once again, personally like it that way. I just like seeing him with new Pokemon.

P.S. I hate it when he releases his Pokemon, too. Butterfree, Pidgeot, Charizard ( kinda ).

RedpokemonBattling025
13th July 2007, 10:47 AM
I think Ash is going to eventually get this pokemon team:

Torterra
Pikachu
Staraptor
Ambipom
Gastrodon
Bronzong or Hippowdon or Abomasnow

Shiny pokemon lover
14th July 2007, 9:46 PM
Ash would have been too strong if he used the same pokemon over and over again. His only good battles would be the last half part in the pokemon legaue.
I like it the way it is.

Gold10
16th July 2007, 2:51 AM
If he uses his Kanto team, he'll become a Pokemon Master

lol Pikachu
Charizard
Sceptile
Snorlax
Pidegot
Tauros

Dax
16th July 2007, 2:57 AM
^Sceptile is not a Kanto pokemon and Pidgeot only evolved, that was it. It was never in a major battle to prove it's strength or worthiness. Just my humble opinion.

I'll say not counting the Sinnoh pokemons:

-Sceptile
-Swellow
-Charizard
-Snorlax
-Pikachu
-Glalie

I don't think he caught a pokemon strong enough to compete in major events in Johto. Johto for me was his worst and weakest team ever.

parukia49
18th July 2007, 6:01 AM
I can see your team working for the league. It's a pretty good collection of Ash's strongest pokemon but I think someone from Sinnoh should be in there. His next stop is the Sinnoh League so there should be a new pokemon in there.;)
Yea i guess. If he got ambipom perhaps i would have put it in the team. I reckon he should get a gible/gabait. He needs a dragon pokemon.

TysonKO
18th July 2007, 12:54 PM
Charizard should be the mascot not pikachu.
Charizard greatest hits include: Articuno, Magmar, Blastoise, Pidgeot and many more!!
AND!!! When pokemon first came out wich card was the card to have? CHARIZARD!!!
When you watched the show ho did you want to see? CHARIZARD!!!
He might not be legendary but he sure is one of the best pokemon. Stats dont say it all!!!

Ash6K
18th July 2007, 3:59 PM
^Sceptile is not a Kanto pokemon and Pidgeot only evolved, that was it. It was never in a major battle to prove it's strength or worthiness. Just my humble opinion.

I'll say not counting the Sinnoh pokemons:

-Sceptile
-Swellow
-Charizard
-Snorlax
-Pikachu
-Glalie

I don't think he caught a pokemon strong enough to compete in major events in Johto. Johto for me was his worst and weakest team ever.

He did catch Heracross and Phanpy, both who proved to be useful in the future.

The reason Ash does his fresh start thing is so we won't see him release pokemon like he did in johto. Johto just wasn't the best season and I guess that it is partly because the writers had to balance development between the new pokemon and the old pokemon that were still there. I think it's better with a fresh start so we get to see more development with the new pokemon he'll get.

Excalibur
18th July 2007, 4:44 PM
What would happen in the series if he had a mega-team, I ask you?

Nothing. Win, Win, Win, Boom.

Dax
18th July 2007, 5:21 PM
He did catch Heracross and Phanpy, both who proved to be useful in the future.

Heracross defeated Magmar but at the en it did nothing else. He was defeated by Venasaur in BF so no the Magamar battle it's the important one but at the end I was talking about the team he used in Johto the most. Noctowl, Pikachu, Totodile, Cyndaquil, Bayleed and Phanpy. They weren't really the best...

king_qaz
18th July 2007, 5:39 PM
I do think that he should do the whole "fresh start" thing, but I also think his old pokemon should have more of a role in the anime.

parukia49
21st July 2007, 2:52 AM
What would happen in the series if he had a mega-team, I ask you?

Nothing. Win, Win, Win, Boom.

not exactly dude. Besides his charizard has been defeated in easy circumstances eg against brandon's dusclops. He needs to at least be in a final of a pkemon league.

Senbonzakura
22nd July 2007, 3:54 AM
pikachu
charizard
snorlax
aipom
bayleef
glalie

Snorunt conservationist
22nd July 2007, 12:21 PM
not exactly dude. Besides his charizard has been defeated in easy circumstances eg against brandon's dusclops. He needs to at least be in a final of a pkemon league.

The main point there being Brandon.........you know, the guy who beat him twice previously, has captured a whoel legendary trio and is the leader of the final battle frontier?

In short, the shake-ups are good. Didn't work too well in Johto, though bringing back Heracross would have done wonders. All in all, echoing previous posts. There's no point using old poke's, excpet for league battles.

chorusco
22nd July 2007, 12:42 PM
Its Better Using New Pokemon Than Old.

Pearl's Perap
22nd July 2007, 1:19 PM
I like how Ash starts afresh but, then again, I wish he would use his older pokémon more, or atleast mention them, it is as if he has forgotten about most of them, especially his released ones.

Even telling Dawn about them or a flashback would suffice, but, as it is Ash, an episode after, he forgets about them for good in some cases.

Valdoom
22nd July 2007, 9:09 PM
very unlikely but Ash may end up using Snorlax as it is part of the Sinnoh dex due to Munchlax

but if he doesn't its possibly Riolu/Lucario and Hippotas, but i doubt whether he would get Gible cause Dragons are supposed to be sacred beings so they never catch them on the anime also if he did catch it he would either have another ground type if he got Torterra and also if he had Hippotas then it could be two or three ground types so i doubt he'll get Gible

Mercutio
23rd July 2007, 1:03 AM
When he gets to competitive league battles he's being an idiot not to use say Charizard, Sceptile, Snorlax etc. Fine if you want to gain your pokemon's trust, but if using an Aipom or a Snorlax is a choice you have to make, and you already have a lightning fast mammel (Pika), then why the hell would you take that god damn monkey?

parukia49
25th July 2007, 9:40 AM
i see u guys saying his poor effort in johto but hoenn he didnt do better than johto (said by max). One reason was that there was no charizard to back him up I reckon he could have beaten Tyson with his charizard.
Pearl's perap: Yea he seems to "dump" his guys. Take muk for instance. I think hes only used it once at the indigo league and that was it (someone clarify). I reckon it was a potential fighter and hes almost like released it. Most of his johto guys havent made reappearences including totodile, cyndaquil (although i reckon it may return as he wants a fire type and there aren't really any new fire types), bayleef, noctowl (because he always gets a new flying type probably). His kingler has kinda been dumped too.

Mercutio
25th July 2007, 2:27 PM
Looking at the points about Johto, perhaps he should go back there after sinnoh? Or at least evolve his Totodile and Cyndaquil.

parukia49
26th July 2007, 9:13 AM
yes he needs to get quilava and/or croconaw

Uberchu
26th July 2007, 9:19 AM
James charlton as a good freind i have to tell you that the best trainers must be capable of using different pokemon other than his best.
BEHOLD MY PLASTIC KNIFE!!

Uberchu
26th July 2007, 9:48 AM
However u have a point if he keeps doing this he'll probably end up 4th in the
Sinnoh leagu and i'm getting sick and tired of him losing in the leauges i mean what a loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

MasterLucario
27th July 2007, 1:48 PM
If he uses his Kanto team, he'll become a Pokemon Master

lol Pikachu
Charizard
Sceptile
Snorlax
Pidegot
TaurosLol! Ash can't use Pidgeot! He released him in the last episode of the first season! His team:
Charizard
Secptile
Snorlax
Glalie
Pikachu
Aipom or Staravia or Heracross

Forretress Fan
27th July 2007, 4:48 PM
Well I think Ash starting new Team in Different regions is a good idea.
I mean he lost to Roark first time so if he had his other Pokemon he'd probably already have 3 badges
New team is also better to see new pokemon evolve, and if He used the same pokemon, I think his rivals could beat him, Surely Paul
I mean every region he gets that type of region's new pokemon for his team (Cept Pikachu)

Uberchu
28th July 2007, 7:45 AM
Ash is just another lame pokemon master wannabe, if he doesn't win the sinnoh league he should just give up and stab himself.

parukia49
28th July 2007, 9:43 AM
Ash is just another lame pokemon master wannabe, if he doesn't win the sinnoh league he should just give up and stab himself.

ha ha ha ha ha! Nice one!