PDA

View Full Version : If you were in charge of the anime (may contain spoilers)

Rex Kamex
12th July 2007, 7:31 PM
There was a thread like this before. If you were in charge of the anime (and not necessarilly where the anime is now), how would you... control it? For me...

1. I'd show more of the obstacles of setting off on a Pokemon journey. Showing more of what to pack, where to get more money, and where to buy things. The show does this sometimes, but I'd just make it so it happens more.

2. I'd age the characters. Officially. First of all, we'd officially be told how old Misty and Brock are, since we already know Ash is 10. The same goes with Max and Tracey, and maybe even Team Rocket. I'd make it so we're clear when a whole year passes. It's not like we'd need a birthday episode everytime someone gets a year older, but if Ash is going to keep going to all these different regions (which he does), we might as well know that it's been a year or so since he did this, and that.

3. I'D GET THE MYSTERY OF THE GS BALL SOLVED!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! But seriously, if Johto is going to be three years long (I'd tweak that in some way), I'd provide less fillers and make the fillers that exist better. And of course, I'd get the GS Ball solved, since it's one of the most anticlimactic plots points in the entire series. (Not that this particular plot was even solved in the first place.)

4. In Johto, I'd also make Brock and Misty do more. Misty would regain her personality from Kanto (or have the more mature version from AG).

5. This isn't necessary, but I might integrate the Raikou special within the regular series, sort of. Ash, Misty, and Brock might run into Marina and Jimmy/Kenta/Yoshi/Whatever-you-wanna-call-him, and they could try to stop those other Team Rocket members from catching Raikou.

6. I'd make the Sakura with the Espeon be seen more (not really in the main cast, since she's just collecting badges like Ash is).

7. I'd make the characters-of-the-episode more interesting. I'd make Duplica's return a more interesting episode, and I'd have Ash meet up with all the people he promised to meet up with. I'd also like to see the characters from one episode run into characters from other episodes. And in doing that, I'd want some characters to be friends, and some to be enemies (for variety and to give these characters more depth). Another way to make characters more interesting is to make more Masamune/Morrison-like or Jump-like people, people who don't have the generic facial-expression and body structure.

8. Either I'd combine Pocket Monsters, AG, and D/P into one series or give them actual ENDINGS. Maybe the later.

9. In AG, Misty would still go back to the Cerulean Gym with her fixed bike (but at least she'd be an interesting character now, and since she's at the gym, I'd give her even more to do), and May and Max would still come.

10. May- In the Japanese version's theme songs, where there is text that says "Now, Satoshi.....", I'd put "Now, Satoshi and Haruka" like it currently says in D/P, "Now, Satoshi and Hikari". (If you know what I'm talking about.) Also, I'd probably not give May a bike, and therefore, it cannot get destroyed (since I mainly find it to be interesting when it happened with Misty. With Dawn, it was just unnecessary). In advertising the show, I'd do other things to make it so that Ash and May are the co-stars of the show (besides putting it in the theme song).

Also, I wouldn't give May a Bulbasaur or Munchlax. However, I'd give Squirtle even more screentime. In fact, I'd make it so that Squirtle comes sooner. (JUST KIDDING! I wouldn't give May Squirtle, I just wanted to see if you were paying attention. XD) I'd give her some non-stereotypical-cute Pokemon. I'd also have Eevee evolve into Glaceon.

I'd also make her personality worthwhile in Battle Frontier. (I'd add more of her little expeditions, too.) When it comes to contests, after Harley beats May, I might only have him appear at the Kanto Grand Festival, and then at the end of AG. Also when it comes to contests, I'd introduce more characters rather than having Drew and Harley come almost all the time. (Well, like the way they did in Battle Frontier. I know they're her rivals, but...)

11. I'd do what several people wished before- have Brock's breeding skills help May in her early stages of her training. By the middle (or up to the end) of Hoenn, he doesn't have to do this, and he can entertain the show in other ways.

12. Max- I'd make him have more interactions with May. I'd also give him an age, since I said I'd age the characters. That way when time passes, we'd be sure of when he turned to. Maybe he could turn 10 in the D/P series, and when he starts his own journey, he goes after that Ralts. He can eventaully get it to evolve into... dum du-du-duuuuum... GALLADE!

13. I'd change the Porygon episode so it never would have given seizures to people. I'd probably do something about the "Beauty and the Beach" episode and Jynx.

14. In D/P, I'd make Drew and Harley go to Johto (*gasp*), have Max go to Hoenn to get his Ralts, and have Dawn join the group and have a non-token-collecting but still important role (probably involving the legends). I'd still give Brock enough worthwhile stuff to do. Zoey would be a rival of May's, but What's-his-name with the Prinplup would still be a rival (or whatever he is) for Dawn.

15. I'd also have Ash hook up with Misty, and then dump her in AG, and then have him hook of with May, and then dump her, and then have Ash hook up with Dawn... for now... heh heh heh...

Just kidding with the last one. (I tend to joke a lot.) So, what are your thoughts? (Also, kudos to anyone who bothered to read my long essay of stuff.)

pantyer2
12th July 2007, 7:58 PM
I'll just explain everything that people are wondering... and I will just randomly go up to the people's old pokemon voices and say! YOUR HIRED!

Rex Kamex
12th July 2007, 8:07 PM
I'll just explain everything that people are wondering...

Oh yeah, that's a good one. (Somehow, I forgot about that.)

Yeah, I'd add continuity and get rid of plot holes. ('Cause that's kinda important.)

Mandi.
12th July 2007, 8:11 PM
I would just keep a damn girl on the show. It's so annoying watching them leave and come, and people fight over who's going to get Ash. Where is obvious Ash is going to end up with Brock anyways. :rolleyes:

I would have loved if May stayed, though she was getting stale, they could have probably found new things to do with her.

pantyer2
12th July 2007, 8:13 PM
lol, I think you added the end of that sentance wrong. HAHAHAHAHA!

Pearl's Perap
12th July 2007, 8:14 PM
I would have Pikachu executed by a flock of rabid, blood-thirsty, flesh-eating Peraps, now THAT would make for a great filler.

Or, on a serious note, I would have given Perap a better showcasing episode, the one with the little girl was atrocious...

lol, I think you added the end of that sentance wrong. HAHAHAHAHA!

The joys of maturity...

pantyer2
12th July 2007, 8:17 PM
I know how to say Bye Bye to brock, Female wobbafett has Lipstick, Someone puts a wig on her and everything a girl has and brock will fall for it and the wobbafett uses mirrorcoat and blam! Brock gets hit on the wall so hard he dies!

Rex Kamex
12th July 2007, 8:22 PM
I would have loved if May stayed, though she was getting stale, they could have probably found new things to do with her.

I could imagine a contest dress working better for May than it is with Dawn (since Dawn used one from the beginning but wearing a dress would be new for May). Same with giving May Zoey as a rival.

AshfanGirl20
12th July 2007, 8:52 PM
If I were in charge;

1. I'd never have added May in the first place.

2. Ash would be in both contests and gyms next generation.

3. I'd make an episode where villains team up agians the hero. That's right I like episodes like that.

4. I'd give Ash all the powerful Pokemon.

5. Brock would have more to do.

Nothing else much. I am enjoying the D/P series so I wouldn't change a thing of that series. Well except I'd give Ash the burzel but I'm used to it being with Dawn now so I'm good.

king_qaz
12th July 2007, 9:01 PM
I would like May and Misty to rejoin ash and together with dawn become his cheerleader in a similar style that Gary used to have. Lol jk.
I would have the anime divided into arcs like most animes are divided in, basically a time in between gyms where there is a problem with one villain and one problem spawning several episode. I belive the fact that it's not divided into arcs is why it's so unpopular. If it were there would be less episodes like this:
1. Ash & Co. find someone with a pokemon, this person has a problem
2. Team Rocket want pikachu+ that pokemon
3. They solve their problem while saving their pokemon and everyone is happy.

Rex Kamex
14th July 2007, 4:49 AM
I've got more!!!

Okay, the real #15...

15. With the final Groudon VS Kyogre showdown, I'd move that set of episodes after Ash got his eighth badge. I'd also add Rayquaza into the mix. Plus, I wouldn't make things as one-sided. (In the actual episodes, it looked like Team Aqua was in the spotlight too much.) I'd do other things to conclude it better, like add an episode or two to it. Basically, I'd try to make it less disappointing.

16. For the Hoenn arc I'd bring back the Sky Pillar, Mt. Pyre, and the Hoenn Safari Zone. I'd probably even include an episode or two of Ash and the gang diving (maybe to that underground place involving the Regis).

17. Wanda, Wally, and Wallace appear (yeah, I put their names together on purpose), and Stephen makes a return. Also, I'd have the rest of the Elite Four members appear.

More soon.

I would have the anime divided into arcs like most animes are divided in, basically a time in between gyms where there is a problem with one villain and one problem spawning several episode. I belive the fact that it's not divided into arcs is why it's so unpopular. If it were there would be less episodes like this:
1. Ash & Co. find someone with a pokemon, this person has a problem
2. Team Rocket want pikachu+ that pokemon
3. They solve their problem while saving their pokemon and everyone is happy.

Pokemon isn't unpopular. Also, not every episode has Ash running into a person. Sometimes it's just the Pokemon itself. (Although I did her someone say that the recent D/P episodes were starting to use less of that formula, but...)

Dax
14th July 2007, 4:55 AM
I will give Ash new types like Psychic and Dark.

I will break the pattern and make a region with starters with Ghost, Dark and Psychic types.

Horn Drill
14th July 2007, 5:26 AM
I would bring back Jigglypuff. T____T

mewmew202
14th July 2007, 5:28 AM
1. I would keep Misty and have her have personallity in JL.
2. Get the old voice actors.
3. Have SOME romance. (To anybody thinking that Brock asking all girls out is romantic so not.)
4. Have better rivals in AG.

AshfanGirl20
14th July 2007, 6:10 AM
I would bring back Jigglypuff. T____T

Awe yes, how I miss Jigglypuff. Well it came back in Hoeon for an episode so maybe it will return in Dimond and Pearl.

Shadow_ninjask
14th July 2007, 6:37 AM
5 things right now:

5: Bring Jigglypuff back,

4:Give Ash types like Ground,Psychic,and Dark,

3:Make sure all coordinators (save for Dawn,Kengo,Solidad,and Zoey) are banished from the anime for good,

2:Give Ash the more cool and powerful Pokemon,and

1:Give Brock more purpose than what he has right now.

The Power of Pika
14th July 2007, 6:49 AM
Probably try and work better storylines and character development more character history on Ash and his firends rather than james all the time.

Though that's a summary. When it comes to the overall dub there's alot of things I would like to change to help improve it other than the few things I listed. Though at the same time I wouldn't want to change it too much. Maybe due to concern of alienating fans in the process. Though I would love to spice up the stories alot and make them really good. I love some of the manga stories in Pokemon so going along those lines would be my idea of improvement. Of course similar not exactly. Ash should stay of course. I also think Ash should be aged.

Umbreon Ruler
14th July 2007, 7:37 AM
1. If it wasn't for that contract with Kids WB, I'd bring the old voices back.

2. I would put less emphasis on contests (they kind of bore me) and more on travel.

3. I would've never sent Misty away, and I would have made May more of side character that we see often.

4. I would make Brock's character deeper, maybe with him trying to complete the Pokedex (I've never seen anyone seriously try to do that in the anime.)

5. I wouldn't make the storyline so childish. Of course, I watched it when I was very young, but even then I thought that it was too child-oriented.

Jeff Zero
14th July 2007, 2:49 PM
-Use Brock better. Surely the writers can try a little harder with Brock. He's my favourite character and always been, and that's not easy to say these days considering how much he's just kinda there in the modern day stuff.

-Either stop doing the repetitive gags (Cacnea/Carnavine's affection gag, Brock's attempts to pick up girls), resolve them somehow, or find a way to make them less stale.

-Give Team Rocket new uniforms. The Twerps keep changing thier outfits and they're all sharp designs, I'm sure the character designers can give Jessie and James nice looking new outfits that still say "Team Rocket" after 10 seasons. One need only look at Attilla and Hun's variations on the TR uniform.

-More Jigglypuff. One episode in all of AG is completely unacceptable, especially considering it was the best use of "the" Jigglypuff in YEARS.

-Stop with "Rival of the week". You know what I mean. Back in the day, the rival RETURNED (Gary, Ritchie). Does anyone remember Harrison? Didn't think so. I honestly don't think we'll ever see Morrison and Tyson again, and that really takes away from the importance of these characters, considering they were all introduced only right before the tournament. Do it like Drew, Harley, Paul, and of course Gary. Have them there WELL in advance so we can CARE, look forward to it.

-Have old characters return in tournaments. Are we really supposed to believe Ash and Gary are the ONLY ones who've ever travelled to a differant region to enter a differant Pokemon League tournament? While Drew, Harley AND Solidad go to Hoenn, Kanto, AND finally Johto? Sorry, I'm not buying it. These guys Ash and the others fight before the big rival confrontations arn't really any differant than characters-of-the-day. Which leaves me to the next one:

-Have Katie return. I think this one speaks for itself. Put her in the next tournament and make her a serious contender instead of just another rung on the ladder.

-More episodes like "Do I Hear a Ralts?"

-I always wanted to Whitney to join the cast. Back in the day, Ash's companions were the first two gym leaders. And I always thought the game's version of Whitney (specifically, the part where she'd suddenly turn into a crybaby) would have been a nice dynamic, since Misty was the opposite, being fairly bossy. And why couldn't they have two girls in the group?

-MORE. GARY. Nuff said. I actually thought writing him OUT was better than how he used for most off Johto. At least after they wrote them out we didn't have any reason to expect him to show up. Back in Kanto he'd had a number of appearances IN episodes per season, instead of in Johto, where he had about one episodes PER season, based AROUND his presence.

That's all I can think about at the moment.

Kazuki Mirai
15th July 2007, 10:50 AM
Graphic violence and mature humor.

J/K

Let's see here.... I would say...

Put more depth in characters. Seriously, we don't have that since the first season.

More Elite Four's appearances. Steven's role was practically screwed over and Lance was placed in his place. Oh come on, Lance?! They could've at least put in Wallace or Steven! They have roles in the Kyogre/Groudon story in the games!

Some comical violence. Oh yes, who wouldn't remember the time when Misty often hit Ash?

And.... At least make some fillers more exciting. Seriously, a well trained Magikarp and Feebas?! Feebas, I can understand... But MAGIKARP!?! Oh come on!

That's all I can say.

iraqmaster
15th July 2007, 3:21 PM
1. Incorporate more ideas situations from the games to the Anime. have team rocket take over Silph. Company, and have them kidnap Dr. Fuji, although Giovanni wouldn't be there, some random strong Rocket Trainer.

2. have Ash meet up with all the people he promised to meet again while on his Journey. maybe not a Full Fledged Episode, but if need be, a follow up.

3. Jessie, James, and Meowth actually Joining Ash and his crew. give them some decent Pokemon, and set them on the right track.

4. put the Banned Episodes on 1 DVD. but of course, I put a Disclaimer saying ( these Episodes may contain content not suitable for young Viewers). that way, we can all enjoy them.

Kenpachi
15th July 2007, 5:42 PM
I would put in Panty Shoys of Jessie every Blast off.

Leon Phelps
15th July 2007, 6:36 PM
I would cancel the entire series and make a new one.

My version wouldn't have the garbage from the games like lame gym battles, fruity contests, and a nonexistent storyline. Oh, and cheap CGI to make up for the crappy animation.

iraqmaster
15th July 2007, 10:18 PM
i would also make movies about Legendaries that do not have Ash or company in them.

Dattebayo
16th July 2007, 7:52 AM
I would make more Honnen episodes featuring May in a swimsuit.

Archimedes
16th July 2007, 8:00 AM
Kill off all the current characters(May and Max's deaths being the most brutally violent) other than Jessie, James, and Meowth, then start the series fresh with a new cast of likable main characters and an actual story. Cut down on the legendaries, then after three seasons or once it gets too damn repetitive, some ancient, super-powerful Pokemon, goes loco and begins to destroy reality itself. The new cast comes together to fight back against this threat and a great battle ensues. People die, and at the end of it all reality restarts and the Multiverse comes into existence. We then get another new cast and all goes back to normal. Of course Jessie, James, Meowth, and that hunky Giovanni will be the only constants between each incarnation, but they'd show up a hell of allot less to keep from going completely stale.

Surreal
16th July 2007, 8:04 AM
I would make more Honnen episodes featuring May in a swimsuit.

And I'd censor it by replacing her body with a fat hairy guy, just to torture you.

Ebil McClucky
16th July 2007, 8:11 AM
Bring back the 'Puff.

SBaby
16th July 2007, 10:42 PM
I don't think the show really needs really graphic violence and mature content (such as language and the like) to be good. But if I was in charge, I would definitely change some things. Here's what I'd do.

- The animation style would be the same as the first two movies, if I had any control over it. To me, they had the best quality animation out of the series, without having an overabundance of CG effects and eye candy.

Ok, now that that's out of the way, let's see what the concept would be like. And remember, it wasn't MY idea to have a topic like this.

- First, the whole 'winning Badges and going to the Pokemon League' plot line would be dropped. We've seen that four times now. It was cute at first, but now it's getting boring. Kids that enjoyed that plot line are starting to grow up, and it's just not interesting to many of them anymore (I'm sure a few hardcore fans still like it, but not all of them). Not to mention the sudden downgrade in Ash and Pikachu's power is just annoying, especially after all they've been through. It doesn't help that this isn't the first time it happened.

- Second, I'd use the WHOLE cast! I was so upset when Misty just abruptly left, and then I got used to Max and May and then of course, THEY abruptly left too. And it didn't end there. Gary left, Drew left, even Brock left for awhile.

- The series would see the return of Ash, Misty, Brock, Max and May. Dawn would probably be in the cast too, as she's the current token Coordinator character.

- Tracey would still be in the show, though not in the same context. But he would be encountered a few times at critical plot points.

Alright. Now onto the specifics. Let's see what I have written down. And this has nothing to do with my fan character. It's all Pokemon.

- There's a new Team (maybe Team Dark) that becomes supreme for awhile in one of the major Regions.

- Ash and the gang stop them a few times along the way.

- On the verge of losing it all, the evil Team turns to the site of the Millenium Festival and releases ANOTHER Pokemon that was sealed there.

- This evil Pokemon, called Asmodia immediately demonstrates its power by defeating Groudon (he survives, but is injured and can't pursue Asmodia anymore), who got wind of the awakening of this Pokemon. Jirachi, who was also accidentally unsealed, sees this happen and leaves to find Ash and the gang.

- Finding Ash and the gang, Jirachi tells them to look for the 'chosen one with lavender eyes', who is the only one powerful enough to defeat Asmodia.

That's all I really remember about what I had in mind. There was more, but I can't find the information.

Dattebayo
16th July 2007, 11:17 PM
And I'd censor it by replacing her body with a fat hairy guy, just to torture you.

How could you?!

DarkLegend
17th July 2007, 10:48 AM
I would turn Dawn into a failure at pokemon contests, she gets consolation from her mother and makes her realize that her destiny is something different....
BOOM! She becomes a pokemon ranger, is actually quite good at it and stops Team Galactic from catching Dialga and Palkia (Using GIRATINA!!!) at the end of the shinou season... The group then parts ways as usual and Dawn goes to fiore for more training....
PS: Mars and Giovanni are Husband & Wife!!!

Rex Kamex
31st July 2007, 3:53 AM
I'd also try to do something for the big picture of Pokemon. Something to show that, region after region, Ash and May (since she would've stayed as the co-star in my version) (and the others too) would do something to be one step closer to their dream of being a Pokemon Master/great coordinator.

IMO, While the writers have been adding more and more to Ash's story with the selling of more games, they haven't really been showing how Ash's progress as a Trainer has been in the long run (other than catching and raising Pokemon and getting gym battles). Winning a league would help, but that alone won't necessarilly do anything if he'll just go to another region to get more badges.

Also, like I said before (in this thread, I'm sure), the actual organizaiton of Team Rocket hasn't been doing much (aside from things in Johto and "Mewtwo Returns"). Is there a big goal that Giovanni is trying to accomplish? And what is he doing to get to that goal?

Basically, I wouldn't want all of these things to be determined at the very end of Pokemon.

4. Have better rivals in AG.

You didn't like FatMan Masamune/Morrison?

(I'm just kidding.)

loonatic
31st July 2007, 9:48 AM
make team rocket be more like Butch and Cassidy and not be so stupid when it comes to stealing a pokemon they want and then recite their motto. if they would just leave without "intriducing" themselves they probably would get the job done. that's really my only complaint.

Venusaur Master
31st July 2007, 10:03 AM
I would give ash a new personality and have misty and ash start to develop a relationship

Prio
31st July 2007, 11:48 AM
1. Get rid of the Pokemon contest
2. Bring back Misty
3. Not have Ash abandon his Pokemon
4. Bring back the old voice actors
5. Have Ash use his older Pokemon once in a while
6. Erase Max from existence
7. Have TR act like they did in Kanto
8. Bring back Arbok/Weazing
9. Have Brock use Rock and Ground Pokemon

Electivired!
31st July 2007, 2:33 PM
I would like...

- Bring Back Misty

- Ash gets a Buizel instead of Dawn

- More Humor between the protagonists (Possibly Mature)

- Ash uses more of his old pokemon

- Get rid of them stupid contests!!

CyberCubed
31st July 2007, 4:51 PM
1. Get rid of the Pokemon contest
2. Bring back Misty
3. Not have Ash abandon his Pokemon
4. Bring back the old voice actors
5. Have Ash use his older Pokemon once in a while
6. Erase Max from existence
7. Have TR act like they did in Kanto
8. Bring back Arbok/Weazing
9. Have Brock use Rock and Ground Pokemon

So in other words, you want the show to revert back to the way it was in Johto?

God forbid. The writers aren't going to risk bombing the series again by bringing Misty back.

Prio
31st July 2007, 4:55 PM

God forbid. The writers aren't going to risk bombing the series again by bringing Misty back.

No revert back to the way it was in kanto.

zeno48
31st July 2007, 10:27 PM
If i was in charge of the anime i would skip all this and follow the manga instead. Manga ftw!

Rex Kamex
1st August 2007, 4:06 AM
No revert back to the way it was in kanto.

You never mentioned anything about May...

pikablue
1st August 2007, 7:46 AM
they would resolve that pikachu/buneary sub-plot already.
ash would actually get better!
dawn would get really good contest outfits and win the grand festival.
team rocket would get more good lines

Jeff Zero
10th August 2007, 6:41 AM
-I would do just enough fewer filler characters so all those neglicted characters from the games would get to appear in at least one episode. These include Silver, Will, Karen, Janine, Wallace, Wally, Brendan (or is it Brandon?), Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia, the male character in Diamond and Pearl, and whoever else we've been cheated out of so the show can do one more forgettable character of the day that doesn't really stand out or do much to please fans.

-Jigglypuff would appear more than once per season, just like the good ol' days. I might even have one of the main characters catch it.

-James would go back to the summer home to get Chimecho back.
-Brock wouldn't leave all his good Pokemon behind. His Geodude would at least evolve into a Graveller. He did say he wanted a Golem back in "Who gets to keep Togepi?"

-Cassiday and Butch would appear at least once per season just like in the first three seasons.

-More short storyarcs like the Lugia arc and Red Gyrados arc where we actually see more members of Team Rocket go after rare and powerful Pokemon and put up a serious fight against the main characters. Both times there were recurring characters, so there were a number of things to look forward to those kind of episodes.

-I'd bring back old characters every once in a while. The show actually seems to bring back fewer characters since Advanced Generation began.

-I also want to see the anime mirror the manga. I've never read the manga but it sounds a lot more interesting, and a lot more like how I always wished the anime was.

Satoshi
10th August 2007, 6:57 AM
I would make it a mirror of the games' storylines, just with more realism.

Because from a producer's standpoint, you know, it'd be more easier. :p

Reign G
11th August 2007, 8:06 AM
1 First thing's first: Misty is killed from being burned alive in the stomach of the multivere's most hideous beat, which rests in the deepest reaches of Hell, as its stomach acid eats away at her skin.

Note that the above statement was not a joke. I am dead serious.

2 I'd bring back Cyndaquil for DP, and by the end of the saga it's a Typhlosion

3 Brock and Misty in Johto were replaced with Jimmy and Marina. The Hoenn it was Brendan and May. And Sinnoh was Lukas and Dawn.

4 Resolve the GS Ball issue.

5 Have them visit old characters from Kanto in the BF.

6 Make a return to Johto after DP where Ash challenges the Battle Revolution collosuems

7 Find some way to fit Colloseum and XD into the storylines. At the very least a news report on it or a cameo of Wes or Michael.

8 Jigglypuff's return

9 Add dancing to Contests in DP.

10 Replace Solana in the Ranger eps with Lunick

11 Team Galactic would have appeared at the Valley Windworks like in the games.

12 Make the Groudon VS Kyogre fight a movie with better animation and a more balanced fight. (TA was more evil than TM) Maybe have the Red Orb posses Maxie instead of Pikachu. Add in Rayquaza, and replace Lance with Steven and Wallace. I'm talking Pokemon Special-type stuff here.

13 Replace Juan with Wallace. What? I like Wallace better

14 Steven appears more, as much as he did in th egame

15 Instead of the Manaphy movie, make the first Battle Pyramid fight, when Ash was possesed, a movie. That'd be awesome!

16 More referances to movies in the actual series.

17 Take Darkrai out of Movie 10 and replace it with Giratina. Then save Darkrai for Movie 12, where it will ifght Cresselia.

18 Replace the Regis in Movie 8 with...I dunno, fossil Pokemon...And give them a better role in movie 11.

19 Give Butterfree and Pidgeot back to Ash. He finds Butterfree somewhere in Sonnoh, and Pidgeot when he returns to Pallet after Sinnoh.

20 Get rid of Team Rocket, and make the recurring villain J, but onyl every few episodes so she doesn't get too stale, like TR did wwwwaaaayyyy back in Orange islands.

And last, but the most important of all!

22 Get rid of Pikachu and have Aipom take its place! And Aipom uses an Everstone to prevent becoming the abomination that is Ambipom!

ElQuinn
11th August 2007, 10:15 AM
i would make the Pal Pad exist... so ash and other people could actually communicate with the awkward friends that they meet and spend entire days with. they do have those "jail" style phones at the pokecenters. maybe they could talk to friends every now and then and see their new pokemon or badges/ribbons. it would make everything more interesting if they made the group alot less forward and they revisited towns and weren't continuosly on the random hill/path/forest of doom.

legendarypokemonjunkie17
11th August 2007, 10:38 AM
1.) I'd never have gotten James and Ash new voice actors.

2.) I'd bring back Likitung, Arbok, Chimecho, and Weezing.

3.) I'd replace brock with the D/P Male rival, Jun I think his name is?

4.) I'd introduce Wally as a new rival.

5.) I'd have Team Rocket take over Silph,, and I'd have Giovanni fight Ash on the top floor, or the roof in the middle of a hurricane-like storm with lots of wind and rain.

6.) I'd have Steven and Wallace replace Lance for the Kyogre and Groudon thing.

7.) To Please Ash,Paul,Gary,Drew, Wallace and Steven, and Wally Fans, I'd have them appear more and have them go swimming with the gang in every couple of epis, just have a random body of water pop up.

8.) I'd rotate Ash's team.

9.) Everyone would catch more Pokémon.

10.) Team Rocket would be better in battling and Jessie in contests.

11.) I'd have the Rockets take a break for a while and replace hem with Team Galactic/Hunter J.

12.) Ash and Pikachu wouldn't drop in power/talent after every region.

13.) I'd introduce Orre and Altomare.

There's sp much more I'd do but it's 4:30 in th morning.

Oh, to do the é thing, have the num lock on. Hold dow ALT while pressing 1,3, and 0 in order on the number pad to the right of the keyboard. Don't hold down the numbers and don't release ALT unti your done.

Reign G
12th August 2007, 3:41 AM
12.) Ash and Pikachu wouldn't drop in power/talent after every region.

So you want every battle to be over in a single attack?

legendarypokemonjunkie17
12th August 2007, 4:44 AM
So you want every battle to be over in a single attack?

No, I would make the other trainers and their Pokémon more powerful instead of annoying n00bs who beat Ash because his pokemon don't know how to balance their power out and they get weaker instead of getting stronger.

AnimeDutchess
20th August 2007, 7:35 AM
*rubs hands together* alright, this is gonna be fun...^^

1: Bring back the old voice actors. I can tolerate the new ones, but geez, Ash just isn't the SAME personality-wise, you know? Brock's voice is also rather...threatening and scary when he gets mad...*shiver*

2: Have May teach Harley a lesson. Seriously, the whole time he was on the show, I really wanted May or somebody to put him in his place. He's a great character and all, I just don't like him.

3: Give Brock a girlfriend. He's been a part of the show for nine out of ten seasons, and he STILL hasn't gotten some? Come on, writers, give the poor breeder a break!

4: Rewrite the show so it was more accurate with the Japanese version and wasn't full of dubb-added AAML. *gag*

5: Lessen the use of CG in the movies. *shakes head* Movie 9 was a big disappointment; too much CG and not enough of the coolness that's expected with a plot involving pirates.

6: Put a little less emphasis on contests. They're a unique and interesting aspect of Pokemon, and I can see the logic behind them (appealing to a more female audiance), but the original plot of the show was to create a team that could pwn all opponents, thus earning you badges, winning the region's league, and eventually becoming a Master. I may be a girl, but that's still my favorite part of the series. ^^

7: Have Team Rocket be a little more...er...evil? Not Jesse, James, and Meowth, necessarily, but the Team in general. Make 'em a little more widely known, have 'em engage in some more evil plots that Ash & co. can foil. That'd add some spice to the series.

8: BRING BACK GARY. He was the first rival of the show, and will always be Ash's biggest rival, whether he's a trainer or not (you can sorta see an example of this in the last episode of Battle Frontier). I know he supposed to appear sometime in D/P, but he should appear more often. Who else misses the early seasons where he'd pop up once every couple episodes? Plus, with Misty off the show for now...heh heh heh...*smirks evily and goes off on a Palletshippy rant*

9: Specify how old Ash is know. I mean, I'd like to think he's reached the 14-15 range...it just isn't humanly possible to stay 10 for this long...

10: Have more times where Ash gets possesed, or have a couple where he gets possessed for long periods of time (2-3 episodes sound good?). Seriously, that was an interesting plot device that the writers really could expand on more, and would definitely work in a movie (I know i'd watch it...^^).

11: Last but not least, bring back the Almighty...
Jigglypuff
Because there are some people who miss the episodes that would end with the cast's faces scribbled on with a Sharpie marker.

...Alright, I'm done. ^^

Rex Kamex
20th August 2007, 10:54 PM
1: Bring back the old voice actors. I can tolerate the new ones, but geez, Ash just isn't the SAME personality-wise, you know? Brock's voice is also rather...threatening and scary when he gets mad...*shiver*

I'm not saying this is a bad idea, but Ash's 4Kids dub voice changed even with the same actor. Also, Brock's mad! His anger is supposed to get people's attention. Just saying. Oh well...

2: Have May teach Harley a lesson. Seriously, the whole time he was on the show, I really wanted May or somebody to put him in his place. He's a great character and all, I just don't like him.

But May beat him almost every time. It's not like he completely got away with it.

3: Give Brock a girlfriend. He's been a part of the show for nine out of ten seasons, and he STILL hasn't gotten some? Come on, writers, give the poor breeder a break!

True. The only current interesting thing about his flirting is that he gets stabbed by Croagunk but... how long will that last?

6: Put a little less emphasis on contests. They're a unique and interesting aspect of Pokemon, and I can see the logic behind them (appealing to a more female audiance),

... They also give something for the game girl of the cast to do.

but the original plot of the show was to create a team that could pwn all opponents, thus earning you badges, winning the region's league, and eventually becoming a Master.

True, but in the older games, when the show started, you could only play as a boy, and the show had a boy go on a Pokemon journey. Now that you can play as girls, the show might as well have something for the girl to do. (And it might as well be a permanent girl, but oh well...) That's the way I see it, anyway.

And I hope winning a league helps you get closer to being a Master. (Actually, I hope anything gets you closet to being a Master.)

7: Have Team Rocket be a little more...er...evil? Not Jesse, James, and Meowth, necessarily, but the Team in general. Make 'em a little more widely known, have 'em engage in some more evil plots that Ash & co. can foil. That'd add some spice to the series.

I'm wondering why they don't send any other Team Rocket members to Sinnoh and Hoenn...

9: Specify how old Ash is know. I mean, I'd like to think he's reached the 14-15 range...it just isn't humanly possible to stay 10 for this long...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this really does annoy me. I know it's a kid show, but w

10: Have more times where Ash gets possesed, or have a couple where he gets possessed for long periods of time (2-3 episodes sound good?). Seriously, that was an interesting plot device that the writers really could expand on more, and would definitely work in a movie (I know i'd watch it...^^).

I like that idea too. (I also wonder what would happen if Dawn and/or Brock became possessed. Or Ash and Brock, and Dawn has to do something. Or... Ash and Dawn, and their Pokemon, and... Brock is forced to save the day!

11: Last but not least, bring back the Almighty...
Jigglypuff
Because there are some people who miss the episodes that would end with the cast's faces scribbled on with a Sharpie marker.

I would like to see how Dawn were to take it.

Pokemon__
21st August 2007, 5:25 AM
I'd throw in battles with random trainers once in a while instead of just "Gym leaders, rivals, Team Rocket, and Coordinators."

Metal Bird
22nd August 2007, 5:35 AM

That's what I had in mind!

Ridley-X4
27th August 2007, 7:07 PM
I'd have a lot more fanserice. Give May an E cup bust. Yeah. Maybe some panty shots with Dawn and that mini-miniskirt.

Ash would start out wimpy and be a total newb, but then turn totally awesome and serious and stuff, like Noriko from GUNBUSTA!! Epic battles. You'll cry MANLY TEARS. It'll be leetsauce.

Custom_Magnum
28th August 2007, 1:24 AM
Really, I'd just make sure there was an actually story arc through each season (or series). Possibly I'd also use new protagonists each series, so that the previous cast could just make a few cameos a few episodes (or finally make Ash an actual mentor to the new trainers that show up).

uber gon
28th August 2007, 1:45 AM
I'd throw in battles with random trainers once in a while instead of just "Gym leaders, rivals, Team Rocket, and Coordinators."

The writers do that. Just not too much.

Anyway, I'd have made the splitting up of Ash, Misty, and Brock more "The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King" like, so that the goodbye would actually MEAN something.

Gold10
29th August 2007, 7:37 PM
1)Return of Jigglypuff and make it a recurring character in Sinnoh
2)May and Drew returning as recurring characters somewhere during mid Sinnoh being rivals of Dawn.
3)Make Ash notice girls like some of the Gym Leaders and even be a rival to Brock.
4)Cipher makes a short cameo in the anime (I love those guys!)
5)Lucas and blonde boy become rivals of Paul and Ash
6)Brendan is a rival of Ash who has feelings for May
7)Some of his old Pokemon being used more.
8)Silver and Paul are cousins LOL
9)Shadow Pokemon are revealed.
10)Old characters such as AJ,Duplica and Richie appear in cameos.

Drkecho
29th August 2007, 9:38 PM
1)Return of Jigglypuff and make it a recurring character in SinnohThat scam is just too old.

2)May and Drew returning as recurring characters somewhere during mid Sinnoh being rivals of Dawn.They are in Johto, unless they're flying over the regions they're not coming back for a while

3)Make Ash notice girls like some of the Gym Leaders and even be a rival to Brock.Just let Brock stay as the flirter, you can imagine how boring it would be if Ash did it

4)Cipher makes a short cameo in the anime (I love those guys!)Anime=/=Games(Well the Colosseum and XD games)

9)Shadow Pokemon are revealed.
Same thing

uber gon
31st August 2007, 1:17 AM
ACTUAL character development for Ash.

R3b3lSarge
31st August 2007, 7:21 PM
i would make ash revisit all of the old "character of the day" characters, that he PROMISED to see again, and force ash to return for pidgeot and primeape

Rex Kamex
7th September 2007, 10:48 PM
For me, if having a big picture in Pokemon was my 18, and having Team Rocket as a whole do more is 19, then...

20. Sometime between the time when Ash gets his eighth badge and when he enters the Pokemon league, I'd have Ash officially battle Brock and Misty again and beat them. Then again, Ash did beat Misty in that "Togepi" episode, but he hadn't beaten Brock yet. And they'd do it so that Ash can officially earn his Boulderbadge and Cascadebage (by actually beating them, I mean). Yeah.

21. Also, I wouldn't mind adding some black characters to be diverse. I'd diversify the filler characters in general.

Almighty Zard
7th September 2007, 11:28 PM
Well here's my two cents.

Past events that would change.

Kanto.
1.Ash's pokemon would evolve more often than they did, and they would constantly train at oaks lab so if Ash ever needed them they would be ready
2.Misty and Brock would've traveled with Ash until the league was over and then both would leave.
3.TR would have more backplot at least and Ash would've faced Gio for his Earthbadge instead of Jessie.

Jouto.
1.The Jouto pokemon would've developed much better than they did.
2.Totodile would've been more serious instead of being retarded.
3.Noctowl would be it's proper size instead of being forced into a "pidgeotto" state.

Hoenn.
1.Torkoal wouldn't have been captured in hoenn since overall it was rather useless, Ash would've caughten a Trapinch(which would become a flygon) or Zangoose instead.
2.May's pokemon would've developed better so some of her wins would've have been as dues ex as they were.
3.Grovyle would evolve in the Jaun battle, knock out that stupid valentines reject and get the deciding victory over Milotic instead of Pikachu.
4.Snorunt would've been caught earlier so it's evolution into Jason would be more reasonable than it was.
5.Ash would've used his reserves in the league and gotten at least to rank 4.

BF.
1.May wouldn't have got Squirtle and if she had, it wouldn't had been as powerful as it was.
2.Corphish and Swellow would've at least done more damage to Tucker's pokemon instead of winning with little effort after getting beaten around the whole match.
3.The donphan vs seviper battle would've been the deciding match of the pike.
4.Donphan would've been the one to face Registeel and would tie with it.
5.Ash't third battle with Brandon would've been handled differently, Pikachu wouldn't have beaten Regice the way it did most of all and it would win by the skin of it's teeth.

sinnoh current.
1.Ash would've lost to Roark by a hair instead of getting pwned by mostly one pokemon.
2.Roark's Cranidos wouldn't have evolved for the rematch, and if it did Turtwig would've as well to make it seem more reasonable than it was.
3.Staravia would actually be a decent battler instead of what it is.
4.Gardenia would've challenged Ash to a Turtwig battle only in their first battle, Staravia would've taken the glory in the second.
5.Paul would've gotten something else as his first pokemon instead of Torterra, like Gallade or Rhyperior
6.Any filler revolving around a hoenn pokemon would've been used back in hoenn not now.

That's pretty much it for now, i might do future possibilites later.

iraqmaster
9th September 2007, 5:18 PM
Kanto:

1. Incorporate more of the game's storyline into the episodes. Have a Pokemon graveyard, Team Rocket taking over Silph Co....

2. have at least most of the trainers that Ash had met throughout Kanto, show up at the Pokemon League.

3. Have Ash be a little more mature.

4. Team Rocket would be a little more serious, and show up for only a couple episodes.

Orange Islands

1. have it made longer, if it were possible.

Johto:

1. Have the GS ball serve its purpose.

2. have the red haired rival in the Anome, and have him be a Nuisance for Ash and his crew, as well as Team Rocket.

3. Cut about 50 percent of the fillers. If not possible, make them to encorporate more of GSC storyline into Anime.

Hoenn:

1. make the Groudon Vs. Kyorge into a Mini Movie.

uber gon
9th September 2007, 11:03 PM
Actually portay attacks in a good way. Today's attack animations suck most of the time.

Drkecho
9th September 2007, 11:09 PM
Orange Islands

1. have it made longer, if it were possible.Continuing fillers= Bad idea

2. have at least most of the trainers that Ash had met throughout Kanto, show up at the Pokemon League.Thats a lot of people. And that means the show has to make character development and you know we can't have that

1. Have the GS ball serve its purpose. Dumped idea Celebii was shown in a movie already defeating the purpose of the GS Ball

2. have the red haired rival in the Anome, and have him be a Nuisance for Ash and his crew, as well as Team Rocket.Yeah we have a blue haired one named Shinji

3. Cut about 50 percent of the fillers. If not possible, make them to encorporate more of GSC storyline into Anime.All the episodes are pretty much filler quality

Hoenn:

1. make the Groudon Vs. Kyorge into a Mini Movie.Boring movie

Actually portay attacks in a good way. Today's attack animations suck most of the time.Yeah consecutive Hyper Beams and spammed Focus Punches are started to get annoying

uber gon
11th September 2007, 4:52 AM
Make BULLET SEED look like real seeds via CGI, add a smoke trail, and end with mini explosions to make the attack more bullet like. :D

Amaranth
11th September 2007, 10:40 AM
Ash Would Never Let Butterfree Go.
Brock Would Of Been Replaced After Kanto, Tracy And Misty Would Stay.
Misty Would Be In AG But Leave After The End.
May Dawn And Ash In DP

If Only Misty Had Personality...

uber gon
12th September 2007, 12:10 AM
Ash Would Never Let Butterfree Go.
Brock Would Of Been Replaced After Kanto, Tracy And Misty Would Stay.
Misty Would Be In AG But Leave After The End.
May Dawn And Ash In DP

If Only Misty Had Personality...

She did in the 1st season, but the writers really stink at giving the Kanto characters personality.

halloweenghost
28th September 2007, 12:13 PM
I'd make it where Jessie and James were not in every episode,..and make them more of a threat like in the first peisode they where in, pokemon emergency. Habe them come in every few episodes trying to catch pikachu.

DarkLegend
28th September 2007, 7:20 PM
Make the whole show MUCH MORE BADASS!!
Have an episode with Ash and James lost in a forest and out of rage, Ash almost strangles James....
Have Brock's Marshtomp evolve into Swampert for a three way Battle Royale between Blaziken, Sceptile and Swampert...
In the Battle Frontier:
Sceptile VS Regirock
Typhlosion VS Regice
Feraligatr VS Registeel

OWNAGE!!!
Make the personalities more dynamic, have romantic relationships between charecters, make the villans (not Jessie, James & Meowth) much more evil

AND FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

Have the Groudon VS Kyogre fight look more like Godzilla VS Mechagodzilla fight as a tribute to one of Japan's greatest franchises.....

Groudonny the groundstar
29th September 2007, 1:17 AM
Have TR actually Suceed in stealing SOME pokemon even if it's not the twerps.

godzilla 3000
29th September 2007, 1:53 AM
Harley rape May. Period.

BugLoverCody
29th September 2007, 2:08 AM
-Jessie wins more contests

-Buneary evolves. And it becomes so feminine, even Dawn is envious.

-Brock settles down with a girl, at least for a few episodes. Being dumped all the time is sad :/

-More Gym Leader appearences

-More cameos in general

-Paul dies tragically (joking xD)

sippy_juice
29th September 2007, 10:07 PM
My changes...

-Have one of Ash's rivals be a girl. Honestly, we've had Gary, Paul, Harrison, Morrison... I'd love to see a girl be serious about the pokemon league. It would be a different dynamic.
-Ash would have been a pikachu longer. The writers missed out on a good opportunity there.
-Pidgeot comes back. Not that I don't like any of the other pokemon Ash has left behind, but we were given the stuipest reasoning behind it.
-Something would have happened with Ho-Oh by now. Honestly, is the fact that Ash is one of the only people living to see Ho-oh not that big of a deal. Someone should have attempted to exploit it...

DarkLegend
30th September 2007, 2:03 PM
Posted by Godzilla3000 AKA Immature ***got

Harley rape May. Period.

How about an episode in which the Pokemon gang rips you to shreads!!

Anyway,
My dream episode would be one in which Ash catches a baby HO-OH which follows him around for the rest of the season taking up Togepi's role....

boorego
1st October 2007, 2:10 AM
Well there are some small things that'd be nice to have in the show.
1) More character development
2) Have Ash catch cool pokemon(like riolu or something)
3) Have team rocket come up whith some smarter ideas(their ideas nowdays are so dumb a mentally retarted slowpoke could make a better plan than them.)
4) I also like the idea someone said that there should be story arcs in this show, the minor trainer/pokemon of the arc would stay around for several episodes, giving the writers more time to develop their personalities
5) Have ash meet up with all the minor people/pokemon he promised to meet up with again.
6) Have that whole G.S. ball thing resoulved, it really got on my nerves.
7) Better filler episodes, really, you've got to do better than searching for magic honey and seeing the world's strongest magikarp -.-, even if the show's made for little kids.
well thoes are my biggest revisions, there are probaly alot more I could've thought of.

godzilla 3000
1st October 2007, 5:17 AM
How about an episode in which the Pokemon gang rips you to shreads!!
Oh very mature!! Now it's getting personal!!!
Anyways great idea.
On topic:
An episode were I get ripped to shreads by....the Pokemon gang!

Sir Devious
1st October 2007, 5:39 AM
I would make Ash's Pokemon evolve faster if they even evolve at all. =/

Soul Dew
1st October 2007, 5:56 AM
1. Have an episode air every other week if possible.
2. Focus on some darker aspects like a Pokemon dying (I know it's for kids but it'd work great under an educational mask).
3. Have the story influenced by the manga.
4. Age the characters gradually over time but not where it's obvious.
5. Resolve that damn GS Ball plot. I know it's been said but it needs to be said again.

6. Better filler or at least make filler arcs like a J storyline.
7. Make Team Rocket smarter and straightforward while still having that goofy air about them.
8. Have Ash actually win a tournament that isn't the Orange League.
9. Have Ash and Misty hook up at some point.
10. Develop the villains better. Explain the motives without making an emo backstory.

Gligarman64
1st October 2007, 8:33 AM
1) I'd fire the current cast and recast everyone from the 4 Kids dub. (I miss you Veronica Tayler and Rachel Lillis)

2) I'd FINALLY explain what happened between Brock and Professor Ivy. To my knowledge that was never revealed.

3) I'd make Lucario a recurring character

4) I'd blacklist all of the marketers for the American version of the first movie

5) I'd make sure the 4th movie was buried underground right next the unsold copies of E.T. for the Atari 2600

6) In the Diamond and Pearl series, I'd have an episode featuring Kasumi (Misty) that would end with a sentimental moment between her and Satoshi. I wouldn't make it all lovey dovey but it'd be nice to see them view each other as close friends instead of just splitting up as if they're going to see each other again in a day or two.

7) The Poketch would play a bigger role in the series.

8) Pikachu would respond to Bunery's feelings for once

9) I'd rewrite the introduction to Turtwig so that it's not a scene for scene remake of Bulbasaur's introduction.

Matt Silver
2nd October 2007, 8:11 AM
I would keep the cutesy anime going and pawn that off on someone else, and introduce a darker version to accompany the violent animes that are around (Ala FMA).

You know, make Team Rocket more competent and dangerous (Like the gun wielders in Safari Zone), and have some life-death moments, and long stays in the hospital...

This dark version would have more shippy moments, and up the ages of the trainers (To around 14 or so), because it makes no sense that a 10 year old would travel the world taming beasts (14-16 a little better).

eeveefox
2nd October 2007, 12:46 PM
I would solve the mystery of the GS ball.
Have Ash see his butterfree,pidgeot and all his other neglected/released Pok'emon again.
Make Oak get together with Ash's mum (mom for you Americans out there.hehe mom)
Solve the mystery of what happened between Brock and Ivy.
Reveal who Ash's father is/where he is.

iraqmaster
2nd October 2007, 5:34 PM
1. make Jessie, James, and Meowth go good. seriously, those 3 suck as bad guys.

2. let Ash & the gang visit some of the old trainers back all the way from Kanto, like AJ, Giselle, etc...

DarkLegend
2nd October 2007, 5:44 PM
Just make it more mature, that will do it....
Something like this,

When Flannery first meets Ash, she has the hots for him and constantly tries to get his attention going as far as wiping her sweaty face with her shirt to reveal some cleavage and saying things like "Man it's quite hot! Ash, you mind if I take my shirt off?" ... not in a dirtty manner mind you.... Ash just doesn't seem to get it while Brock completely loses it..... However, I think I'm giving a bad example, I mean something naughty not perverted.....

Jamie_Trainer
2nd October 2007, 5:49 PM
well im a huge fan off mentioning previous episodes i mean i want to see what A.J, the samarai etc are upto these days.
I'd also have a 'closure' episode for pidgeot.

Am I the only one who thinks pidgeoto wasn't given as much personality as Ashes other pokemon?

Or maybe I'm just going too deep.

Basicly I'd put some closure on old plotlines and pokemon.

like butterfree and primeape.

*Giggles at mom*

OJG
2nd October 2007, 6:00 PM
Introduce a new male character, who would travel with them instead of Brock. He'd be called Harry, he'd have Blue Shellos and Shroomish at the start =] This character > Ash.

Rex Kamex
4th October 2007, 10:24 PM
Never put May on the show. (She seems nice, but she doesn't truly like Pokemon.)

She got over her dislike of Pokemon only a few episodes after she was introduced.

Make Oak get together with Ash's mum (mom for you Americans out there.hehe mom)

Uh... don't you think the age difference is a little... great?

TheLegendObsesser
8th October 2007, 3:55 AM
And these are just a few of the many details i could change:

1- more sinister bad guys.
2- a long term character who owns a legendary.
3- ditch the capture-a-legendary-and-destroy-the-world aspect.
4- give ho-oh a movie or an episode that features it, and actually shows it in person.
5-add some short-term, or possibly long term, characters who only care about a real-lifish verison of EVS, IVS, natures, etc and completely mistreat their pokemon because of this.
6-put in legendaries more often.
7-make the series more adult.
8-screw up abilityshipping or completely exclude it.

Hikari.
8th October 2007, 1:07 PM
If I were in charge,
I would make Misty stay more and never put
May in.I'll also make Misty more mature.

Gold10
8th October 2007, 5:46 PM
Lets see if I were in charge of the anime, make Ash drool and stuff when meeting a girl? I mean Brock can't always be jabbed by Croagunk like Candice or Maylene or something.

Make more shippy moments btw Ash and some other ppl.

I want it to be mature, but not adult just in the teen sort of way.

KartWheelyGirl
9th October 2007, 7:09 AM
I would make the plots more creative such as in the Kanto region. (I like the one with the S.S. Anne sinking, how Ash wasn't allowed into Erika's gym so he dressed up as Ashley Ketchum, and the episode with Sabrina all because of the creativity.)

I agree with Gold10 about the whole shippy thing, too.

zeno48
9th October 2007, 7:10 AM
I would make the plots more creative such as in the Kanto region. (I like the one with the S.S. Anne sinking, how Ash wasn't allowed into Erika's gym so he dressed up as Ashley Ketchum, and the episode with Sabrina all because of the creativity.)

I agree with Gold10 about the whole shippy thing, too.

Naah keep shipping out and have it more like the manga.

CyberCubed
9th October 2007, 7:21 AM
If I were in charge,
I would make Misty stay more and never put
May in.I'll also make Misty more mature.

Misty's character was a mess in Johto, why would you keep what people heavily complained about?

Looking back at Johto now, I find it absolutely ridiculous that Misty's character was what people were crying over. It makes perfect sense why the writers removed her after that saga. No thanks.

Weiyao
9th October 2007, 9:22 AM
I would have the characters split up instead of traveling in a group and have alternating episodes where either Ash+Brock or The Female character. They might meet up sometimes or something, this way, the Female character can actually do something instead of cheering Ash on all the time.(It's gotten better, but not enough)

DarkLegend
9th October 2007, 10:52 AM
I would turn the show into a 1 hr spectacular with the first 30 mins being Ash's journey and the next 30 for May and Drew....

Rex Kamex
9th October 2007, 10:38 PM
To be more specific about some of my things (if I even said them), I'd have A.J. battle Ash at the Pokemon league (with his Sandslash), and Ash would beat him. This wouldn't be the final match or anything.

We'd also see more of Gary's match- the one that he lost at the league.

And did I mention Ash would earn his first two badges fair and square by rematching with Misty and Brock later, to train for the league?

I would turn the show into a 1 hr spectacular with the first 30 mins being Ash's journey and the next 30 for May and Drew....

That is, if May and Drew travel together. (Which would contradict what May said earlier about traveling alone- which was the whole reason for leaving- but since you'd be writing the show...)

uber gon
9th October 2007, 11:51 PM
More Japanese content.

DarkLegend
10th October 2007, 7:00 PM
I'd make Pokemon a bit like The Simpsons in the sense that every few episodes I'd have pokemon trainer versions of celebrities appear and have an integral role if only for that episode....

Eg: An episode in which Team Galactic terroizes a city by creating an artificial black hole. Ash and the group try to stop them with the help of guest star Stephen Hawking and his Palkia....

This would also mean that legendaries would no longer be "oh so godlike".....

Biechae
11th October 2007, 1:31 AM
I'd make it more like the manga.

uber gon
11th October 2007, 3:07 AM
Makes wins and losses more down to earth.

iraqmaster
4th November 2007, 1:35 PM
Incorporate the Main Characters from the specific regions ( like Marina/Yoshi from the Johto region, as well as the red haired guy) into the anime.

-solve the GS mystery finally.

-Incorporate more plot from the game into the Anime. I thought it would be cool if Team Rocket took over Silph Co. in Saffron, or having them take over Goldenrod City. show them as a threat.

Rex Kamex
5th November 2007, 10:13 PM
More Japanese content.

I agree. (I might have put it in my list already. I forgot.)

I'm tired of that made of Pokelanguage thing they have.

uber gon
6th November 2007, 12:47 AM
I agree. (I might have put it in my list already. I forgot.)

I'm tired of that made of Pokelanguage thing they have.

Must be a censorship thing.

Anyway, I wouldn't use the white glow affect for 90% of attacks. I'd do something similar to the Pokémon Stadium games.

penngrade6
6th November 2007, 5:15 PM
Make Steven appear more in AG. I was so mad when his role in the Groundon/Kyogre plot was replaced by Lance

uber gon
6th November 2007, 8:17 PM
Make Steven appear more in AG. I was so mad when his role in the Groundon/Kyogre plot was replaced by Lance

As do most people in this forum.

bigpop618
6th November 2007, 8:31 PM
I would leave it alone except for some details like:

I would have Ash not have amnesia on certain pokemon

I would make Brock a little more useful...maybe have him battle more than he does...

the Elite 4 would make some more appearances..almost like a guidance to help Ash get stronger...They do that now but I think a few more appearances than they have been doing would be great

I would see a bit more hands on training from ash because face it..we dont see it that often...

And I would leave Misty out of Johto and have Ash, Brock, and a short tempered girl around Brock's age around..It would leave Brock drooling over her the whole way...and at that point..they wouldnt get lost in the woods because of Brock's drool

Gold10
7th November 2007, 4:43 AM
-In the Hoenn saga, let Brendan be Ash's rival in collecting Gym Badges and they become close friends and in the Tournament, Brendan and Ash in the final match tie up with Pikachu vs Swampert.
-In the Johto saga, let Ash's Pokemon evolve a bit more, I didn't like the emphasis on the baby Pokemon in this season
Pikachu
Ferligator
Quilava
Bayleef
Noctowl
Donphan
-Allow Ash to be like a normal person and once in a while, gets a crush on a girl
-Instead of Lance showing up, it should be Steven and Wallace appearing in his place
-Gary and Casey show up more during the Johto Saga and battle Ash during the Silver Conference

Gold10
7th November 2007, 4:44 AM
-In the Hoenn saga, let Brendan be Ash's rival in collecting Gym Badges and they become close friends and in the Tournament, Brendan and Ash in the final match tie up with Pikachu vs Swampert.
-In the Johto saga, let Ash's Pokemon evolve a bit more, I didn't like the emphasis on the baby Pokemon in this season
Pikachu
Ferligator
Quilava
Bayleef
Noctowl
Donphan
-Allow Ash to be like a normal person and once in a while, gets a crush on a girl
-Instead of Lance showing up, it should be Steven and Wallace appearing in his place
-Gary and Casey show up more during the Johto Saga and battle Ash during the Silver Conference

Gold10
Pikachu
Ferligator
Quilava
Bayleef
Noctowl
Donphan

Gold10
Pikachu
Ferligator
Quilava
Bayleef
Noctowl
Donphan

Gold10
7th November 2007, 4:45 AM
Pikachu
Ferligator
Quilava
Bayleef
Noctowl
Donphan

uber gon
7th November 2007, 8:27 PM
Let Ash's pokémon learn more various attacks.

Geostomp
10th November 2007, 2:07 PM
I'd tone down the glowing and explosions for one thing. Those have gotten entirely out of hand recently.

Second, I'd try to make Team Rocket recur less than every episode. They'd show up every few episodes or so, but they'd not bother the group every day.

sam_h12
10th November 2007, 8:50 PM
id ditch ash. hes so boring.

at the beginning of Sinnoh, id have Byron's "two sons" from canalave travel around sinnoh. The main character would be the youngest, who has a Riolu egg that hatches before they arrive in Sandgem (therefore 1 or 2 episodes would be used to introduce the main bad guys - team galactic). Riolu would replace Pikachu basically. His older brother has Magmar, being someone who trains on Iron Island, but gave up on training to be a worker there instead. Sob story for him.

On the way theyll meet Dawn who still does contests, another random trainer guy (who, by the way, has a purple mohican and has a Duskull and Froslass) and the doubles girl from Victory Road who will have Arcanine Starmie and Bellossom.

The main bad guys will be Team Galactic (who have Lunatone Solrock Claydol Magnezone and the like), but Team Rocket will appear sometimes, including Neo Team Rocket partnerships (who have Marowak, Glalie, Weavile, Absol and the like).

Final team for the goodies will be something like this:
Main =
Riolu (Lucario? hmm)
Steelix
Luxray
Toxicroak
Swampert (caught has Marshtomp)
Crobat/Staraptor (just so he has something to catch near the beginning besides Onix and Shinx)

bro =
Magmortar
Golem (caught as Golem)
Torterra

Dawn =
Empoleon
Lopunny
Pachirisu
Roserade
Altaria

punk guy (has a bit of a wild side, comic relief)=
Froslass
Duskull (/Dusknoir. not Dusclops.)
Typhlosion
Arbok
Rhyperior

Arcanine girl (cant remember her name?!) =
Arcanine
Starmie
Bellossom
Medicham
Gyarados

personally i think its too late to spruce up ash and make him all strong and mighty and have decent pokemon, cos the 6 year olds who obviously watch it (and dont even know it exists) will be confused.

sam_h12
10th November 2007, 8:51 PM

at the beginning of Sinnoh, id have Byron's "two sons" from canalave travel around sinnoh. The main character would be the youngest, who has a Riolu egg that hatches before they arrive in Sandgem (therefore 1 or 2 episodes would be used to introduce the main bad guys - team galactic). Riolu would replace Pikachu basically. His older brother has Magmar, being someone who trains on Iron Island, but gave up on training to be a worker there instead. Sob story for him.

On the way theyll meet Dawn who still does contests, another random trainer guy (who, by the way, has a purple mohican and has a Duskull and Froslass) and the doubles girl from Victory Road who will have Arcanine Starmie and Bellossom.

The main bad guys will be Team Galactic (who have Lunatone Solrock Claydol Magnezone and the like), but Team Rocket will appear sometimes, including Neo Team Rocket partnerships (who have Marowak, Glalie, Weavile, Absol and the like).

Main =
Riolu (Lucario? hmm)
Steelix
Luxray
Toxicroak
Crobat/Staraptor (just so he has something to catch near the beginning besides Onix and Shinx)

bro =
Magmortar
Golem (caught as Golem)
Torterra

Dawn =
Empoleon
Lopunny
Pachirisu
Roserade
Altaria

Froslass
Typhlosion
Arbok
Rhyperior

Arcanine
Starmie
Bellossom
Medicham
Gyarados

personally i think its too late to spruce up ash and make him all strong and mighty and have decent pokemon, cos the 6 year olds who obviously watch it (and dont even know it exists) will be confused.

sam_h12
10th November 2007, 8:52 PM

Main =
Riolu (Lucario? hmm)
Steelix
Luxray
Toxicroak

bro =
Magmortar
Golem (caught as Golem)
Torterra

Dawn =
Empoleon
Lopunny
Pachirisu
Roserade
Altaria

Froslass
Typhlosion
Arbok
Rhyperior

Arcanine
Starmie
Bellossom
Medicham
Gyarados

sam_h12

Main =
Riolu (Lucario? hmm)
Steelix
Luxray
Toxicroak

bro =
Magmortar
Golem (caught as Golem)
Torterra

Dawn =
Empoleon
Lopunny
Pachirisu
Roserade
Altaria

Froslass
Typhlosion
Arbok
Rhyperior

Arcanine
Starmie
Bellossom
Medicham
Gyarados

sam_h12

Main =
Riolu (Lucario? hmm)
Steelix
Luxray
Toxicroak

bro =
Magmortar
Golem (caught as Golem)
Torterra

Dawn =
Empoleon
Lopunny
Pachirisu
Roserade
Altaria

Froslass
Typhlosion
Arbok
Rhyperior

Arcanine
Starmie
Bellossom
Medicham
Gyarados

MinunTheFighter34
10th November 2007, 10:34 PM
Make it better, of course.

~-Overheat-~
11th November 2007, 9:23 AM
Make it interesting for an older audience (......)

Get rid of the ' lost in a forest, TR, new pokemon' thing

Get the old voice actors back

Seriously

eonmaster_457
11th November 2007, 9:51 AM
I'd let Team Rocket be good guys. I mean, they do more good than evil, right?

Cris~Wigglytuff~
13th November 2007, 3:13 AM
well if i was in charge i would (puts on thinking cap)

1.Ash would be aged.

2.bring back jigglypuff and the pichu bros

3.give his johto pokes more depth

4.heck!why not give the entire storyline some edge

5.give brock a pupose like completing the pokedex

6.ban characters of the day and the reseting of pikachu's legendary powers

7.not have ash save the world in every single movie(jeez give that job to the other hundreds of thousands of other potentially good trainers.

8.bring May back and also Misty and the long missed lapras and Tracey

9.continue teams magma and aqua,and [B]HELLO team galactic(who wants to take over the world)is reduced to appearing in one mere episode for roughly 2 or 3 minutes!

10.and last of all,make the elite 4 more roles,and have one of them travel alongside in thei respective region and train ash or may/dawn.

just my opinions

Aquarelle
13th November 2007, 6:58 AM
1.) Bring back old voice actors. The new ones make me want to punch a hole in my TV. >_<

2.) Get rid of Ash, 'nuff said.

3.) Get a new trainer to replace Ash.

4.) Have that trainer actually have to fight the Elite Four and Champion instead of just compete in some stupid competition.

5.) Kill Pikachu. ;)

6.) Kick Team Rocket off the show.

7.) Make the episodes not as repetitive.

~Aquarelle

uber gon
13th November 2007, 7:09 AM
At least have SOME hints that Ash is interested in a girl.

Make Ash more like Red in the mangas.

Stop the whole uber baby schtick.

KetchupO
13th November 2007, 9:40 AM
At least have SOME hints that Ash is interested in a girl

Make Ash more like Red in the mangas.

Stop the whole uber baby schtick.

-have ash admit hes interested in guys
-make ash more like harley
-get rid of brock -.-
-make it interesting for older peeps too
-have chimchar pawn paul as a chimchar (i dont want it to evolve :()

Cris~Wigglytuff~
13th November 2007, 11:41 PM
hmmm,well...

1.id bring back jigglypuff 'n pichu bros & pidgeot and butterfree.

2.include more of the elite 4.have one of them travel along with ash and teach him how to battle better(not that hes bad)

3.AND i would have more intense moments between the teams and legendaries or ash.

*(also have A LOT of more wigglytuff,like replacing pikachu with 1 ^^)J/K....but wouldnt that be awsome?!?

uber gon
14th November 2007, 7:04 PM
Have Glalie make more appearances.

XxVascoxX
15th November 2007, 11:42 AM
1.Give ash first a salamence
2.Get pikachu off the show
3.give team rocket some strong pokemon and make them stop blasting again and again coz thats mega annoying...
4.Make ash become a smoker,drunkard and create ash evil power and finally
make the show darker and more cruel..by involving superpokemon (legendaries clash and pokemon cloning and other frigtening thing just to make the show scary..)

markomega
15th November 2007, 11:52 AM
Give Team Rocket their old motto back cuz their new ones are always lame.

uber gon
17th November 2007, 12:18 AM
Give Ash a dragon type.

KartWheelyGirl
18th November 2007, 8:52 AM
I want Chimchar to use Flamethrower on Paul.

Have Pikachu shock Dawn by "accident."

Have Bender from Futurama be in an episode.

Let Misty be in a cameo with her hair brushed and an outfit that is not yellow at all.

(I'm totally kidding about all of these, except for maybe the last one.)

High Commander Solomon
20th November 2007, 7:30 AM
I would find a way to make it a ripoff of Bleach, thus destroying the universe as the term ripoff collapses upon itself.

iraqmaster
9th December 2007, 4:35 PM
I would have:

Introduce more of the characters from the games.

Johto: Gold ( Male main Character), Crystal (Female main character) and Silver ( Boy who steals pokemon from Prof. Elm's lab)

Hoenn: Brendan ( Main Male Character) May ( Main Female Character) Emerald ( Whoever they are)

I'm all for Ash and all, but he is getting way overused now. Only thing he is good for is challenging gyms and losing in Pokemon Leagues.

buneary dude
9th December 2007, 7:16 PM
1. Have the old voice actors come back. Especially Maddie Blaustein.
2. Have the cast get decent Pokemon
3. Make it for older audiences, like TV PG or something
4. Have Jigglypuff come back.
5. Return of the Pichu brothers.
and 6. A new holiday special each year.

plasticeye87
9th December 2007, 8:17 PM
1) Restore the old VAs
2) Modify the attack animations.
3) More adult themes.
4) More emphasis on characterization.
5) Balance Team Rocket as silly characters with deadly abilities and menacing overtones.
6) Let Ash win one god**** tournament for once (no OI or BF crap)
7) Actually let Ash's pokemon become stronger and evolve it seems that even the COTDs pokemon are more powerful than his.
8) More emphasis on romance (for the fangirls and shippers alike) ;)
9) No plot holes or macguffins (GS Ball, Ash's dad, Misty's parents.....)
10)Return of popular characters like jigglypuff, the pichu bros, all original elite 4, etc......
11) Finally more action less filler or if the filler is necessary make it interesting.

KartWheelyGirl
12th December 2007, 3:54 PM
1) Restore the old VAs
2) Modify the attack animations.
3) More adult themes.
4) More emphasis on characterization.
5) Balance Team Rocket as silly characters with deadly abilities and menacing overtones.
6) Let Ash win one god**** tournament for once (no OI or BF crap)
7) Actually let Ash's pokemon become stronger and evolve it seems that even the COTDs pokemon are more powerful than his.
8) More emphasis on romance (for the fangirls and shippers alike) ;)
9) No plot holes or macguffins (GS Ball, Ash's dad, Misty's parents.....)
10)Return of popular characters like jigglypuff, the pichu bros, all original elite 4, etc......
11) Finally more action less filler or if the filler is necessary make it interesting.

I like your ideas as well as buneary dude's ideas. (I would like to know what Misty's parents look like as well. The 4 daughters all have different hair colors . What do her parents look like?)

If I were in charge of the anime, I would give everybody new better Pokemon, have them change their clothing every day, have their pokemon actually evolve, have more interesting plots other than having Team Rocket stealing a Pokemon and having Ash stop them with his Pokemon, and give everybody a good goal to have so there aren't any sideline characters in the the show. Each one is doing something important. I would also let them style their hair different once in a while.

Wobuffet fan
13th December 2007, 4:31 AM
Well, first I would give Team Rocket some new uniforms. Those white ones are seriously starting to become tacky. Perhaps they can use the exceutive uniforms in that Slakoth episode?

Next, make Ash understand what Team Rocket has to go through every day just to survuve. It's like every day he blasts them off, not considering that they can very well die from the impact.

I would also stop showing Pikachu all of that favoriteism. Let Ash just depoisit it at Oaks to ssee how it finally feels to be neglelected.

Have Jessie win legal contests ribbons so she and Dawn can face off. Have them both make it to the finals in the Grand Festival so Jessie can totally beat her.

Have Team Rocket ask the Boss if he even wants Pikachu.

Have Jessie capture one cute pokemon so she can tie with James (Stunky, maybe?)

dry_bones
13th December 2007, 10:57 AM
I'm only gonna say two things:

1) Let's give Brendan, Wally, Lucas, and the D/P rival (who I named Lewis...he looks like a Lewis, doesn't he?) some screen time, because they deserve it. It might be difficult to bring in Lucas, because Ash is wearing his clothes like some kind of creepy doppledanger. Also, shed just a tiny bit of light on Ash' father. I at least want to know if he's alive or not.

2) I'm going to save all other creative decisions for Funimation (or some other studio of some quality), who will pick up the Pokemon license after we pry it from 4Kids cold, dead hands. If One Peice can be saved, so can Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX.

dry_bones
13th December 2007, 1:12 PM
Oh, but one more ammendment:

3) If and when an episode with Marley is created, it will not suck. Or people will die.

octoboy
13th December 2007, 5:28 PM
I would definitely fix the contests. What's with keeping the same stuff from AG? I'd add the new judges for sure (what's with keeping the same **** ones forever? I think the writers must be more in love with Joy that Brock is...), and also I'd add the costume and dance. I'd keep the battles and show stuff (the new contest stuff from Sinnoh was probably left out because they couldn't fit it in with the original two parts of the contest). The costumes could be combined with the initial show, and the dance could be a way to boost your point average for the contest battles (like in the game, dance boosts your points before you get into action).

I also wouldn't give Ash the grass starter again. If anyone says aipom, then I'd have Paul mosey along, and be frustrated with his chimchar, and after seeing aipom defeat chimchar, Paul decides he wants aipom, and he trades chimchar for aipom, while Dawn gets turtwig. Piplup could be given to a rival or something.

I'd prefer if bonsly had the constant look of crying thing like in the dex instead of making it actually cry.

I also would give Jessie a Sinnoh pokemon. Also, I'd stop this Jessie always has more than James crap. Another thing I'd do is stop making wobuffet be expected to suck, then suck. He's uber in the games, so why not make him really good in the anime, too? He doesn't have to suck to be funny.

I'd also make jigglypuff stay. Maybe she could somehow stop in Hoenn or something, because she may get dull, but of course people would not like that. I'd wait until everyone said she was dull.

Firemaker
16th December 2007, 3:42 AM
A- Make more interesting dubs
They can get quite tedious at some points. Chatot episode = 0_0
B- Make games = anime
Put in landmarks that fit, like the poffin episode in Hearthome, and add levels, and learning moves at specific levels
C- Make TR... smart!
They are uncooperative and argue too much among the ranks. It'd be interesting to see how a suspenseful battle turns out
D- Create a spinoff
Pokemon is the 2nd biggest franchise. They can probably afford to create a second show. Maybe focusing on May, Max, Misty, and Sakura. Or others. Maybe make some new characters to follow. (Perhaps for numerous regions at a time. Have a season of people in Kanto and Sinnoh)

KartWheelyGirl
16th December 2007, 5:54 PM
I already posted my ideas, but here are some more involving after Sinnoh.

Have Ash go to Johto after participating in the Sinnoh league.
Let Ash reunite with his Johto Pokemon (especially Cyndaquil), and have it evolve into Typhlosion by the time he goes to the next region with the fifth gen girl.
In Johto, he can run into May and her rivals.
Dawn can be a huge fan of May's, and challenge her to a battle.
May can win since she has more experience.

While Ash, Dawn and Brock are exploring in Johto, Nintendo can sell Johto Remakes. :D

uber gon
18th December 2007, 11:55 AM
Make Ash say some Auron-ish phrases.