PDA

View Full Version : New voices

Desert Flower
13th July 2007, 2:42 AM
I keep hearing people complaining about new voices that they hate, or don't suit the character. How about discussing new voices that you DO like? They're not all bad.

I personally love Golbat's new voice, the one in Mutiny in the Bounty. It really sounds like a bat, not a guy with laryngitis who wants to be a bat. And I know there's plenty who disagree, but I actually like Ash's new voice. It sounds like he's going through puberty, and it's probably about time for him to anyway. Which is ironic because he still isn't interested in girls.

Korobooshi Kojiro
13th July 2007, 2:43 AM
I'm pretty sure Golbat had his plain ol' voice, from the Japanese version, like always.

Desert Flower
13th July 2007, 2:44 AM
^There's that to consider, yes. But I don't watch fansubs, so I wouldn't know the difference.

Shift
13th July 2007, 3:11 AM
^There's that to consider, yes. But I don't watch fansubs, so I wouldn't know the difference.No, he's saying they've always used it's original voice, as well as Zubat's and Crobat's. Actually, the only time they've ever given Zubat a dub voice was that one time in Tentacool and Tentacruel.

Reign G
13th July 2007, 1:01 PM
Don't they just reuse 4Kids' voice recordings for Pokémon that have been in the anime before and been voiced by 4Kids? I mean, they basically do the same thing with Pikachu and Pachirsu, but their Japanese voices insted of 4Kids...I swear Wobbufett, Cacnea, and Seviper sound the same as they always did...

Anyway, I like ALL of the new voices. The old voices sound odd to me now. :P Except Maddie's Meowth...I miss her...But otherwise, I'm pretty much good. :P

Alfonso
13th July 2007, 3:25 PM
Not another threads on vooooooooooooooooooooooooicccccccesssssssss D:

*closes*