PDA

View Full Version : AshDoesn’t fear Team Rocket Anymore.

Kenpachi
13th July 2007, 10:02 PM
Hello, I never made one of these before so please forgive me if anything’s wrong.
It’s just my opinion I got from watching some this weeks new dub episodes. (Borrowing on Bad Faith!, Mutiny in the Bounty!, and Faced with Steelix Determination!.)
Ash actually loans his Aipom to Jessie for a contest, he teams up with them, and he doesn’t even seem bothered to see them. I’ll bet sometimes off screen he even says “hey wassup Team Rocket, steal any good Pokémon lately?
It is also my theory that Ash and Brock have lowered their guard because they don’t see Team Rocket as any possible threat. Back in The first season, Ash and his friends could distinguish their voices and second guess weather these “strangers" are trust worthy.
I even remember Ash or Misty telling them about how lame their disguises are. (When they were better than what they are now.)
Sometimes they even call them by their names Instead of just referring to the both of them as Team Rocket in a hateful way.
I just wanted to hear other people’s thoughts on this.

Q-Dizzle16
13th July 2007, 10:07 PM
When did Ash ever fear Team Rocket? And best to my knowledge they have never seen through their disguises.

Though I have noticed that he is more relaxed around them than before.

Princess Reina
13th July 2007, 11:19 PM
Only the biggest noob would fear them lol

Geostomp
13th July 2007, 11:27 PM
Why should he fear them?

They've followed him for years, harassing them every other day, and always been beaten with relatively little difficulty.

He knows that any member of his group could send them into the stratosphere at any given time and their plans tend to fall apart even without interference.

Frankly, they're less of a threat than an really persistent nuisance to him.

AshfanGirl20
14th July 2007, 1:18 AM
Yah, Team Rocket goes after them every day and they beat them. Nothing is to fear of them.

Dax
14th July 2007, 3:24 AM
Team Rocket is silly and weak. There's nothing scary about them so I don't think Ash has to fear them. I still ask myself why he never recognizes their stupid disguises...

Cackles
14th July 2007, 3:43 AM
Well his lack of fear could be attributed to the fact that Team Rocket is just sort of ridiculous now. The original voice actors gave them a lot more dignity. I swear James' voice is actually
higher now.

Captain Brain
14th July 2007, 4:07 AM
i do remember TR making Ash "scared a little in the first five or so episode, also all of Ash's companions were a little scared the first time they had any interaction with them. After that they became like Geostomp said "a nuisance." ;025;

Corzola
14th July 2007, 12:02 PM
Well they DID saw trought their make ups in the first seasons. Remember the match against Lt Surge and TR "cheerleaderd" for Ash and they said like "thanks TR" and TR said like "how did they knew it was us".

But nowdays TR seems more of the comic relif (in more ways than before) than actuall threats. Remember "The Beauty and the Beach" ep when TR tried to wreck the Beauty Contest show and Ash stopped them. Then they frightened the whole party attenders. Just saw in on my laptop so I know how the story goes.

mewmew202
14th July 2007, 5:27 PM
I think Team rocket needs to get harder to beat. I mean they try to steal Pikachu, they get blasted off, yadayada yada. No real threat.

Shiny pokemon lover
14th July 2007, 10:36 PM
Why scould someone in Ash`s group fear them? They always are and will be weak and stupid. They will never sucsessfully steal any pokemon either.

Corzola
14th July 2007, 11:51 PM
Hm, think about the TR episode in the PC series. They did beat Butch and Cassidy in the race of becoming a TR field agent team (damm, that so sounded as I was speaking "24" language) . However we have the probl. with how much of that ep that is canon. James and Jessi didn´t recognized each other but in ep with the bicykle gang they remembered their time as youths.

With that said, TR IS easy to beat. No question about that.

Gold10
16th July 2007, 3:44 AM
after defeating them every day in the past 5 years through 5 regions, yes Ash wouldnt feel afraid of TR

Hejiru
16th July 2007, 11:12 PM
They don't scare Ash, they just annoy the heck out of him, and he dosen't trust them. (With good reason)