PDA

View Full Version : The gymleaders (anime only - this is the anime forum :/)

mysterious~fossil~HP~10
14th July 2007, 4:32 PM
This thread is for your commentary on any of the 36 gymleaders (you can even add the 7 frontier brains to that total if you so wish, making it 43); those you like, those you hate, and those that you think are just messed up!

daveshan
14th July 2007, 11:46 PM
I loved Giovanni in the PA Manga. He was so cool when ever he fought.

When I first read the part about him saving Yellow and challenging Lance, I said, "Lance, you gonna die."

king_qaz
14th July 2007, 11:54 PM
I wish Ash would have fought Giovanni instead of Jessie and James in Kanto. I hope he fights him at some point in time in the anime.

Kenpachi
15th July 2007, 3:22 PM
Lets see....I like so many
Dasiy, Violet, Lily, Cissy, Winona, Flannery(so hott), and Lucy (Do Brains count?).
Flannery is without a doubt (In my mind) the hottest gym leader.
Pike Queen Lucy is a close second.

red2000
15th July 2007, 4:51 PM
in the anime my favorites were Dome Ace Tucker, who kicked ***, and Norman's Slaking owned, and last but not least Juan

daveshan
15th July 2007, 9:59 PM
I wish Ash would have fought Giovanni instead of Jessie and James in Kanto. I hope he fights him at some point in time in the anime.

So do I. But, knowing the anime, they'll probably screw that up.

mysterious~fossil~HP~10
16th July 2007, 12:59 PM
Dasiy, Violet, Lily, Cissy, Winona, Flannery(so hott), and Lucy (Do Brains count?).

Sure, Brains are allowed.

mysterious~fossil~HP~10
16th July 2007, 1:19 PM
Thanks for posting guys, I was sure no one would comment and this would be a failure. It's great knowing I'm not the only one who thinks the gym leaders are cool and worthy of merit; by the way I personally support the psychic gymleaders, Sabrina, Morty and Tate and Liza.

But Sabrina is definitely the best, she's the only one using her powers for personal gain and malicious ends in the manga and the anime, she even helped save Kanto from the elite four so the executives would have no competition.

Everyone else is just ordinary and good, what a waste of ability.
;049;

Renami
16th July 2007, 2:53 PM
Can I join this dicussion? Are the Orange Crew included?

Crasher
16th July 2007, 3:19 PM
Tate and Liza are cool and so is winona.

mysterious~fossil~HP~10
18th July 2007, 3:17 PM
Can I join this dicussion? Are the Orange Crew included?

Yes, of course. They're gymleaders too!;049;

Senbonzakura
22nd July 2007, 3:51 AM
ok these are my faves:
[f] gym leader:flannery
[m] gym leader: ???
[f] brain: pike queen lucy
[m] brain: spenser

there is something that creeps me out with ace tucker

Phantom_Bugsy
22nd July 2007, 3:52 PM
Brawly is hot and so is Morty.

And they're totally doing it.

Mercutio
22nd July 2007, 4:18 PM
Why do the gym leaders increase in poewer as Ash does, to the point where some of the ones like Brock or Misty would get obliterated by anyone with any experience? I mean, I underastand from the storytelling point of view; Ash is almost good enough but needs to improve etc, but, why can't say Brock and Roark have at least a Graveller, or more pokemon. It just seems to me that, if you were say a starting trainer from Blackthorn (eg), you'ld have to beat a Dragon leader before going steadily backwards to crappy trainers, or you'ld have to travel all the way to New Bark and work back to your home town.

Therefore, I don't like pretty much any of the starting gyms. Violet City had a cool gymleader I suppose, thinking about it.

LuciRuki
23rd July 2007, 6:04 AM
I find that Tate and Liza are so cute in the anime. They are a unique batch of gymleaders, and they seem incredibly young.

-LuciRuki-

NovaNight
27th July 2007, 8:47 PM
I really liked Winona, Jasmine and Erika

Winona because of her bahavior, looks ( love her hair ) and Pokemon ( Altaria rox )

Jasmine because shes Olivines Gym leader and i love that place ( never seen her on TV, too bad )

And Erika because I liked the way she told Ash off and how he had to dress as a girl to get into the gym LoL

Revolution
27th July 2007, 8:50 PM
Roark and Erika seemed really cool in the anime, but Chuck was messed up.

thunderblade12
28th July 2007, 9:31 AM
in the manga blaine, giovanni, pryce, sabrina, koga and surge were the best. so evil and demented ^_^

Snorlax Max
29th July 2007, 7:20 AM

lol to me,Candice is hotter.

Super Misdreavus Bros.
31st July 2007, 10:11 PM
my favorite is jasmine! i just love her personality.

Renami
1st August 2007, 8:35 AM
I like Tate & Liza & also Winona! They look so cool!

smartdude7
1st August 2007, 8:59 AM
^I'd have to say Winona too, becuase her birds are cool.

Shadow Lucario
1st August 2007, 9:51 AM
Falkner is the true bird master but I liked it when Brock was Gym Leader. He showed Ash that the Gym Leader challenge will not be easy

mysterious~fossil~HP~10
15th August 2007, 5:51 PM
Are the villians and villianesses the best characters, or do the heroes and and heroines deserve that?

BladedScizor
15th August 2007, 8:35 PM
I don't remember too many of the Gym Leaders from the anime, and I've never read the manga; however, I do recall Whitney's appearance. When she told Ash not to attack her Clefairy, that pretty much cemented her as one of my least favorite characters in the Pokemon universe. If your Pokemon can't take a hit, DON'T FREAKING SEND IT INTO BATTLE.

R3b3lSarge
16th August 2007, 12:29 AM
winona and chuck were my favorites. winona cuz flying is my favorite type, and her hair is funny, chuck cuz i'm into martial arts

Pearl's Perap
16th August 2007, 2:36 AM
Brawly is hot and so is Morty.

And they're totally doing it.

We can only hope.

As for me, my favourites have got to have been Falkner and Winona, both flying-type trainers, sealing their fates in my favourites and they are both pretty 'cool' characters.

Wake gets a mention though, just for laughs and such...

Mandi.
17th August 2007, 6:13 AM
Winona. I just find her to be awesome. Plus, she looks freaking awesome as well! 8D

I also like Flannery, Whitney, Erica, Liza&Tate. Yeah, lots.

mysterious~fossil~HP~10
2nd January 2008, 6:16 PM
Who or what do you all think the different gymleaders were based on? Were real people used as models or were they designed entirely by a committee? Did the appearance of the drawn character created it's personality, or was the personality the palette for the artwork?;049;

Nuriko55020
3rd January 2008, 7:19 AM
I like Candice and hate Giovanni.

triltaison
5th January 2008, 11:14 AM
I'm a sucker for the Indigo League in general, so I'm a bit biased... But I've always loved Sabrina and the Sensational Sisters. The episodes with Blaine were pretty fun (I remember being really annoyed that I had to wait to see the conclusion to the battle when they first played it on Kids' WB, though). I kind of liked Lorelei too, if she counts.

Oh, and the girl on the Orange Islands where Ash had to carve the ice sled was neat. Don't remember her name at the moment... I also seem to recall liking Faulkner, but don't remember why since it's been so long since I've seen that episode. ^^;

Dragonlord Kev
5th January 2008, 11:29 AM
I kinda like the Kanto ones because they're all more aggressive. Nowadays it seems all gym leaders are just gonna say "It'll be a pleasure to battle with you, Ash!" when they first meet them. They should, in my opinion, at least make one gym leader "evil" in each region.

mysterious~fossil~HP~10
5th January 2008, 10:55 PM
Winona= ++++++++
Tate and Liza= +++++
Norman= +
Wattson=
Flannery= +++
Wallace=
Juan= +
Roxanne=
Brawly= +

Dome Ace Tucker= +
Pike Queen Lucy= ++
Palace Maven Spenser= +

mysterious~fossil~HP~10
5th January 2008, 11:01 PM
Erika= +++
Brock= +
Giovanni= +++ -
Blue=
Koga= +
Janine=
Sabrina= ++
Blaine= ++
Lt. Surge= +
Misty=
Cerulean sisters= ++

Lorelei= +

Cissy= +
unidentified female orange islands gymleader=+

mysterious~fossil~HP~10
5th January 2008, 11:04 PM
Falkner= ++++
Whitney= - +
Pryce= +
Bugsy=
Chuck= - +
Jasmine= ++
Clare=
Morty= ++

mysterious~fossil~HP~10
5th January 2008, 11:07 PM
Gardenia=
Fantina=
Crasher Wake= +
Maylene=
Roark= +
Byron=
Candice= ++
Volkner=

mysterious~fossil~HP~10
5th January 2008, 11:18 PM
15 gymleaders and 4 frontier brains are completely ignored here! Speak up, fans of these forgotten!

PokemonTrainerAsh
7th January 2008, 1:23 PM
Well I love all of the Frontier Brains especially the leader of the Battle Factory.
For Gym Leaders, I like Gardenia, Tate&Liza, Norman, Roxanne and Brawly

hawaiian ale
9th January 2008, 11:40 AM
Whitney,flanery,cissy,and Misty So Hot

Whitny Iz Da Hottest Gym Leader

mysterious~fossil~HP~10
23rd September 2008, 5:32 AM
This thread is still going? Thank you! I thought this was deleted, like my other thread attempts. Thanks for sticking with it; and besides, with the debut of Platinum there will be new Frontier leaders to discuss!

(Sorry this hasn't gotten any attention, I'm still learning the ropes of advertising.)

~-Overheat-~
23rd September 2008, 10:54 AM
Volkner would be badass no doubt.

Norman's Slaking was a true powerhouse i must say. Also Blaine and his riddles. That guy was a ******. His gym battle with Ash was also the very first pokemon episode i ever saw. That was about five years ago. It also got me into pokemon.

JaimeGreenan
23rd September 2008, 4:29 PM
norman's Slaking in the manga rulez hands down

starliteevee
23rd September 2008, 10:09 PM
I really like Morty, Tate&Liza, Falkner... and... I dunno, I guess that's it.

TurtwigFan1
24th September 2008, 8:59 PM
I love Maylene, because she is young, but strong and Rachael Lillis is her voice actress (Misty FTW!). I also liked Clair in Johto, her battle with Ash was epic, I watched that episode so many times! (Repeats of Master Quest in England this year.)

mew801
25th September 2008, 5:32 AM
i hate gardeneia. she is so......spastic and weird over grass pokemon.

SilverLanayru
25th September 2008, 6:47 AM
My favorite gym leader is none other than Winona! Dragon and flying types are my fave kinds of pokemon...and not to mention I used to roleplay as her on myspace (but that died off a year-and-a-half ago). Wallace is also my favorite too ^^

mysterious~fossil~HP~10
26th September 2008, 1:58 AM
I've got a question that I'd like to throw out here, though this is probably directed more towards the anime than the manga:
(About gymleaders from past series)
Is there a gymleader you would like to have appear again?
or
Is there a gymleader whom you believe had a terrible 1st appearance and should return to redeem the character?

mysterious~fossil~HP~10
26th September 2008, 3:05 AM
Is there a gymleader whom you believe had a terrible 1st appearance and should return to redeem the character?

Sabrina could've been the most bad-*** character they've ever designed, and yet over the three episodes (in anime ) she appeared in, she almost never spoke except for a bizarre little kid tone (That split personality made her a lot more complicated and a lot more interesting).
I think she should return, probably during a tournament, to battle Ash for revenge. Give a bit of her backstory, let us in on the motivation for her return and let the character develop through her actions, not her words. (This will need some really good writing though, the concept can be easily mangled.) I think you'll have a darker and more fascinating character that'll single-handedly make the anime worth watching.
Imagine how dangerous a telekinetic with mental problems* and a grudge can be...

*No I'm not insulting people with mental problems, one of my close friends suffers from them too.

Kenpachi
26th September 2008, 3:26 AM

Sabrina could've been the most bad-*** character they've ever designed, and yet over the three episodes (in anime ) she appeared in, she almost never spoke except for a bizarre little kid tone (That split personality made her a lot more complicated and a lot more interesting).
I think she should return, probably during a tournament, to battle Ash for revenge. Give a bit of her backstory, let us in on the motivation for her return and let the character develop through her actions, not her words. (This will need some really good writing though, the concept can be easily mangled.) I think you'll have a darker and more fascinating character that'll single-handedly make the anime worth watching.
Imagine how dangerous a telekinetic with mental problems* and a grudge can be...

*No I'm not insulting people with mental problems, one of my close friends suffers from them too.
I liked Sabrina, she was my favorite Kanto gym leader.
But when they left her, she was nice, talking, and if they showed
her again she wouldn't be as bad *****, really she'd be....boring.

bugcatcherjason
28th September 2008, 4:44 AM
i leik gardenia! she lieks teh roseradezzZz and so do i!

Slowking[George]
28th September 2008, 9:45 AM
I like Misty, Erika, Koga, Blaine, Falkner, Bugsy, Jasmine, Pryce, Clair, Flannery, Juan, Gardenia, Maylene and Fantina.

loonatic
3rd October 2008, 5:01 AM
My favorites would have to be Falkner, Jasmine, Brawly, and Winona.

Viva La Revolution
4th October 2008, 3:34 AM
Spencer and Tucker disturbs me. D:

I personally liked Brawly and Maylene in the anime. Haven't read too much manga, though.

The Big Al
4th October 2008, 6:33 PM
Erika is personally my favorite female Gym Leader. She deserved way more than an episode. (I liked her in the Special Manga better since she had a bigger role and we got to see more of her talents and personality). She has a simple yet cute design. I also liked her chewing out Ash for going into her shop and insulting her product. I'm not a perfume fan but I wouldn't go into a perfume shop and announce it.

Crasher Wake is currently my favorite male gym leader. He's so bombastic he simply drips with awesomeness. He also doesn't have much competition on the male side.

mysterious~fossil~HP~10
7th October 2008, 9:30 PM
"(anime only - this is the anime forum :/)" = Wrong. It's anime AND manga. just not games

Ok, why was this changed? I wanted to open up discussion on all characters over different media, and where exactly could I have put it anyway, there's no mixed media forum.

TurtwigFan1
7th October 2008, 9:38 PM
I'd like Maylene to return on the way to Snowpoint, like in Platinum.

Shiny pokemon lower
8th October 2008, 9:06 PM
They messed up many gyms.
Many of the Kanto badges Ash won in other ways than defeating them. And some of them used to few pokemon like Lt. Surge and Sabrina.

I disliked that Ash didn't met Giovanni for his last Kanto gym battle.

And why did Pryce from Johto forefeit? Stupid idea!

It was even worse with Wattson who became beaten so easily and didn't ever demand a re match for the cheat!

But I have nothing to complain at the Sinnoh Gym Leaders for! Those matches were good or at last OK.

trixie08
9th October 2008, 3:37 AM
My favorite male gymleaders are Juan because I love Water types and Brawly because he is hott!

For females, Gardenia because she is perky, Maylene because of her battle style, and Misty just because I love to laugh when she tugs Brock's ear when he spotted a cute girl.

piplup_777
9th October 2008, 5:36 AM
hmmm my favorite gym leader is ...
well i loved the battle between Maylene and Ash
but i guess if we went to just generaly favorite gym leader it would be Juan

The Big Al
10th October 2008, 8:10 PM
"(anime only - this is the anime forum :/)" = Wrong. It's anime AND manga. just not games

Ok, why was this changed? I wanted to open up discussion on all characters over different media, and where exactly could I have put it anyway, there's no mixed media forum.
Just make another thread in the manga forum. Considering how different the gym leaders are in the various manga series than in the anime, it would be a better idea.

Silent Conversation
11th October 2008, 1:55 PM
My personal favorites were Tucker, Lucy and Gardenia.

Tucker - Man, and he looked like a girl in the GAMES!? Boy, ten times more in the anime!

Lucy - Looks like when Brock gives out sugar, he gets some back, XD

Gardenia - Constantly hugging James's Cacnea... so cute and funny all at the same time.

flyboy1308
12th October 2008, 9:10 PM
Well Anabel wins for liking Ash. And for being perceived as a boy.

Xilliam65
20th October 2008, 4:56 AM
Gardenia for her spazziness.
Maylene for her move mirroring and Lucario.
Sabrina for her emo-ness.
Flannery for her forgetfulness.
jasmine for her game stutter and nervousness.

the1stpkmnfan
21st October 2008, 1:44 AM
These are who I like:

Kanto: 4.) Koga 3.) Sabrina 2.) Misty 1.) Giovannie

Johto: 4.) Falkner 3.) Whitney 2.) Jasmine 1.) Clair

Hoenn: 4.) Winoa 3.) Flannery 2.) Tate & Liza 1.) Juan

Sinnoh: 4.) Volkner 3.) Candice 2.) Fantina 1.) Maylene

sirboulevard
23rd October 2008, 10:51 AM
Misty, she's the best Gym Leader ever. After watching her Chronicles episodes, I really wish she would get a spinoff based on her time as a Gym Leader. She's got battle skills, she has the compassion, the recurring jokes. They set it up really and never followed through.

mysterious~fossil~HP~10
24th October 2008, 6:33 PM
Does anyone know if there are there any leaders/frontier brains in Platinum's Battle Frontier?

pokemonfan301
27th October 2008, 2:44 AM
the gym leaders for the most part leave a memorable impression.
ones i like the most;
Lt. surge for really being the first tough gymleader
Sabrina for her evilness
Whitney,miltank is amazing
Clair, very powerful
Norman gave ash run for his money
Juan, unique style and mastery of water
Brandon having all the three regis

Mrpuc
31st October 2008, 6:29 PM
my fave is still flannery shes hot (in many ways)
Tucker is the creepiest...most definately.

~Goth~
31st October 2008, 7:18 PM
Sabrina is the best^^

psychic powers win:D

cocoa_adele
1st November 2008, 11:44 AM
roark because hes just awesome
and
erika because she gives the coolest badge and is the prettiest =)

milenadrg
7th November 2008, 7:22 PM
Giovanni, Sabrina, Pyrce and Clair are the best. I don't have the worst gym leader.

Slowking[George]
8th November 2008, 1:39 PM
I like many gym leaders, including: Brock, Mistry, Lt.Surge, Erika, Koga, Sabrina, Blaine, Falkner, Bugsy, Chuck, Jasmine, Pryce, Flannery, Winona, Juan, Gardenia, Maylene, Crasher Wake, Fantina and Candice.

mysterious~fossil~HP~10
9th November 2008, 4:42 AM
Just make another thread in the manga forum. Considering how different the gym leaders are in the various manga series than in the anime, it would be a better idea.

Wow... ...That's a really good idea, thanks.

Slowking[George]
9th November 2008, 7:19 AM
As far as the Orange Islands are concerned, my favourite gym leaders are Sissy and Rudy, closely followed by Luana.

mysterious~fossil~HP~10
11th November 2008, 10:26 PM
Gardenia=+-++++++
Fantina=+++
Crasher Wake= +++
Maylene=+++++++++
Roark= ++
Byron=
Candice= ++++
Volkner=++

mysterious~fossil~HP~10
11th November 2008, 10:29 PM
Falkner= +++++++++
Whitney= -++++
Pryce= ++-++
Bugsy= ++
Chuck= -++
Jasmine= +++++++
Claire=+++++
Morty= +++

mysterious~fossil~HP~10
11th November 2008, 10:30 PM
Erika= +++++++
Brock= ++
Giovanni= +++--++
Blue=
Koga= ++++
Janine=
Sabrina= ++++++++++
Blaine= ++++
Lt. Surge= +++
Misty=++++++
Cerulean sisters= ++

Cissy=+
Rudy=+
Luana=+

Lorelei= +

mysterious~fossil~HP~10
11th November 2008, 10:31 PM
Winona= ++++++++++++
Tate and Liza= ++++++++
Norman= +++
Norman's Slaking=++
Wattson=-
Flannery= +++++++++
Wallace=+
Juan= +++++++
Roxanne=+
Brawly= +++++

Dome Ace Tucker= +-+-
Pike Queen Lucy= +++
Palace Maven Spenser= +-
Tower Tycoon Anabel=+
Pyramid King Brandon=+

OBSESSED WITH PKNM
12th November 2008, 2:49 AM
cuties: whiteny, erika, and Gardenia

coolest: blaine, chuck, koga, norman, pryce, and crasher wake

other: tucker!!!!, l.t. surge, wattson, jaun, and brock

but thats what i think...

milenadrg
12th November 2008, 12:40 PM
Misty, she's the best Gym Leader ever. After watching her Chronicles episodes, I really wish she would get a spinoff based on her time as a Gym Leader. She's got battle skills, she has the compassion, the recurring jokes. They set it up really and never followed through.

Hey, yes! I forgot about her. She's one of the coolest too!

Nikkolas
12th November 2008, 8:23 PM
Surge was the coolest.
Sabrina was the most interesting.
IMO of course.

milenadrg
12th November 2008, 8:44 PM
in the manga blaine, giovanni, pryce, sabrina, koga and surge were the best. so evil and demented ^_^

It's nice for you to have a favourite character, but this is ANIME discusion, not manga!

Torpoleon
13th November 2008, 12:03 AM
My favorite is Flannery since i like fire types.

the1stpkmnfan
13th November 2008, 1:20 AM
Gardenia is entertaining to see in the anime.

I really haven't seen most of the Johto Leaders much. I've just seen Jasmine and Morty. I've gotta catch up.

milenadrg
20th November 2008, 4:44 PM
Can't wait to see Byron in the anime...

mysterious~fossil~HP~10
21st November 2008, 7:14 PM
It's nice for you to have a favourite character, but this is ANIME discusion, not manga!

Hey, if they want to talk about the manga gymleaders it's fine. The original title was the gymleaders (anime and manga NOT games) until one of the moderators changed it to fit the category.

The idea was that the gymleaders were important characters in both the anime and manga storylines, so I wanted to give people a place to voice their opinions. Particularly without the fear of mockery.

It would be greatly appreciated if you let me police my own thread, thank you.

mysterious~fossil~HP~10 ;049;

milenadrg
21st November 2008, 7:38 PM
Hey, if they want to talk about the manga gymleaders it's fine. The original title was the gymleaders (anime and manga NOT games) until one of the moderators changed it to fit the category.

The idea was that the gymleaders were important characters in both the anime and manga storylines, so I wanted to give people a place to voice their opinions. Particularly without the fear of mockery.

It would be greatly appreciated if you let me police my own thread, thank you.

mysterious~fossil~HP~10 ;049;

I read there are nicely writen ANIME ONLY-THIS IS THE ANIME FORUM, and there's no reason being mad at me...

Chelc
21st November 2008, 9:46 PM
No, it is not fine to talk about the gym leaders in the manga. This is the anime forum, not the manga forum. If you want to discuss their characters in the manga, do so in the manga forum, okay?

Back to topic.

Dragon Chimchar
21st November 2008, 9:51 PM
my favourite anime gym leader was Giovanni
i loved when he battled Gary
:D
also i cant wait to see Volkner in the anime

milenadrg
22nd November 2008, 8:23 AM
No, it is not fine to talk about the gym leaders in the manga. This is the anime forum, not the manga forum. If you want to discuss their characters in the manga, do so in the manga forum, okay?

Back to topic.

I said them too, but they don't want to listen me...

Shiny qwilfish of doom
22nd November 2008, 12:22 PM
Gardenia is entertaining to see in the anime.

I really haven't seen most of the Johto Leaders much. I've just seen Jasmine and Morty. I've gotta catch up.

especially when she goes crazy when she sees a grass pokemon. :D

MorseCoder
22nd November 2008, 2:37 PM
Battle Beween Giovanni did not occur!! WTF. I really wanted to see him use mewtwo against ash...

Caelesti
23rd November 2008, 2:34 AM
Misty, Jasmine, Erika, Tate & Liza, Juan, and Wattson are my favorites. They're all so amazing in so many ways. :p

Cazak
23rd November 2008, 6:14 AM
I feel Blaine to be the coolest gym leader yet followed by Falkner, and then Koga and Claire.

Yonowaru in Chaos
23rd November 2008, 6:16 AM
The anime needs more Sabrina.

Enough to make a Criminal Minds-like episode out of it.

EnteiFirecracker
23rd November 2008, 9:00 AM
My favourite Gym leader was easily Claire. She was awesome. I would have liked to see a few more proper battles however. Especially with Erika and Sabrina.

milenadrg
23rd November 2008, 9:05 AM
The cool one is Blaine with his Magmar and Jasmine is cool too(I love steel types)...

Slowking[George]
23rd November 2008, 10:29 AM
My favourites are: Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Koga, Sabrina, Blaine, Falkner, Bugsy, Morty, Jasmine, Flannery, Winona, Juan, Gardenia, Maylene, Fantina, Sissy and Rudy.

milenadrg
23rd November 2008, 12:13 PM
The anime needs more Sabrina.

Enough to make a Criminal Minds-like episode out of it.

Hope we will see Ash's Haunter evoloved into Gengar...

Arceus1308
23rd November 2008, 2:12 PM
f:Liza,so cute
m:Tate,cute too
hfb:Battle tower brain,who is her name?Anabel?
sfb:I love it all except Cochran

Alfonso
23rd November 2008, 2:27 PM

Well, the change was justified. This is specifically the anime forum, for discussion of the anime and anime characters and events. Hence the name Pokemon Anime Discussion. There is a seperate section for the various manga and its characters.

I know Chelc already covered this, but I felt I should throw in my two cents.

Older forum members will know that I do rather like Roxanne which I don't think has even been *mentioned* in this thread. I honestly do believe she should appear again, not just for my sake but I felt she was handled rather badly. All the other Leaders were handled very well and the cast connected to them more than they did Roxanne. The animation for both her episodes was TERRIBLE and her introduction episode was overshadowed by Max's plotline.

Jaguar297
23rd November 2008, 2:33 PM
It seemed that when Ash fought Brock, he was a really bad Gym Leader. If they are no levels in the anime, then Brock shoulda been really strong, since he is a gym leader, which he now gave up the title so he can become a breeder(Not cool Brock)

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
23rd November 2008, 3:25 PM
The ones I really loved was Lt. Surge, Sabrina, Winona, and new recent fave Crasher Wake. I wish they done more to them, but despite their short appearances they left me an awesome impression.

Just the last gym leader, Fantina left me annoyed. I was happy to see Ash defeating her!

Short Wing
23rd November 2008, 6:12 PM
I thought it was funny when Crasher Wake called his Floatzel the strongest water pokemon, and then Ash's Pikachu and Buizel took it down, and Ash didn't lose one pokemon in the battle.

THUNDER!!!
23rd November 2008, 6:23 PM
My fav would be Brock (does he count?). But my least favorite would be...Winona. And for the one that is just messed up would be Giovanni!?
Yup thats right,he goes from a Gym leader to the leader of a superduper
evil evil organozation!

milenadrg
23rd November 2008, 6:29 PM

What the heck are you talking about!?

jolteonjak
23rd November 2008, 6:38 PM
Adan, Lt. Surge, Noland, Norman, Wake are my tops. Throw in Chuck and Byron, and I get one for each day of the week! ;)

milenadrg
23rd November 2008, 6:39 PM
Can't mis the episode with Byron...

JunLeaf
24th November 2008, 8:21 AM
My favourites are absolutely Bugsy, Morty, Jasmine and Gardenia.

Cassiel
24th November 2008, 8:24 AM
I absolutely love Fantina in the anime. She's way more crackish in the anime with those French and English accent. XD;

And Wallace too. 8D;

Wormow
24th November 2008, 11:48 AM
Fatina is cool, because of the accent in the English dub.

milenadrg
24th November 2008, 1:35 PM
Fantina is OK too...

diablo_200525
24th November 2008, 1:41 PM
I like Blaine from the 1st generation. He was very mysterious
I disliked.... uh...... Roxanne from the 3rd... Mainly because she beat me with 2hp left on her last pokemon...
Weirdest... Uhh Blaine would fall into that category..

Blue Snover
24th November 2008, 1:46 PM
Kanto Like - Misty & Giovanni
Kanto Hate - Erika (pathetic grass gym leader), Lt. Surge (arrogant)

Johto Like - Jasmine
Johto Hate - Pryce

Hoen Like - Roxanne
Hoen Hate - Tate & Liza

Sinnoh Like - Gardenia (the girl knows her stuff)
Sinnoh Hate - Since i haven't seen them all yet i'll go with Crasher Wake

Elite 4 Like - Agatha, Drake
Elite 4 Hate - Arron, Lorelei (Prima)

Battle Frontier Like - Lucy
Battle Frontier Hate - Brandon

xPanda
25th November 2008, 6:04 AM
i like Nejiki, Dahlia, Norman, Whitney.
i hate Chuck(he's is fat? why is he fat and he has fighting pokemon)

cloudk
25th November 2008, 10:17 AM
I like erika, sabrina, and gardenia
Since i liked all their debuts, especially sabrina's.

I dislike chuck. He just dosen't match somehow..And the bayleef vs machoke battle was horrible.

mysterious~fossil~HP~10
3rd December 2008, 5:56 PM
Winona= ++++++++++++++-
Tate and Liza= ++++++++++-
Norman= ++++++
Norman's Slaking=++
Wattson= -++
Flannery= +++++++++++
Wallace=++
Juan= +++++++++++
Roxanne=++++
Brawly= +++++

Dome Ace Tucker= +-+-+
Pike Queen Lucy= ++++
Palace Maven Spenser= +-
Tower Tycoon Anabel=++
Pyramid King Brandon=+-
Factory Head Noland= +

Gardenia=+-+++++++++++++
Fantina=+++++++
Crasher Wake= ++++++++
Maylene=++++++++++
Roark= ++
Byron= +++
Candice= ++++
Volkner= +++

Aaron= -

Factory Head Nejiki= +
Castle Butler Cochran= -
Roulette Goddess Dahlia= +

Erika= ++++++++++-+
Brock= +++++
Giovanni= +++--++++-+
Blue=
Koga= +++++++
Janine=
Sabrina= ++++++++++++++++
Blaine= +++++++++-
Lt. Surge= ++++++++-
Misty=++++++++++-
Cerulean sisters= ++

Cissy=++
Rudy=++
Luana=+

Lorelei= +-
Agatha= +

Falkner= +++++++++++
Whitney= -++++++
Pryce= ++-+++-
Bugsy= ++++
Chuck= -+++--
Jasmine= +++++++++++++
Claire=++++++
Morty= ++++++

Larry
4th December 2008, 12:16 AM
I found the episode where Ash faced Sabrina weird...I mean her.

Typhlosion Trainer
4th December 2008, 4:18 AM
I liked Blaine because that battle with Ash was crazy. i also liked Norman, Morty, and Maylene.

the1stpkmnfan
4th December 2008, 5:13 AM
My favorite in the Kanto region was Sabrina, because it also gave a side story on Sabrina, and how Ash got her back to normal with Haunter. Although the 3 times he challenged her, they were all not that good.

Favorite Johto: Jamine. This was the only gym I really saw so far, but I liked her battling.

Favorite Hoenn: Winoa. I was pretty impressed she's got a shiny Swellow that defeated Ash's Swellow.

Favorite Sinnoh: Maylene. Probably the best Gym Battle in Sinnoh I've seen so far. Can't wait to see when Ash challenges Fantina & Byron.

edit: Yay! Rank up. Now, Im back to being Normal...:-)

Cryptozoologist
4th December 2008, 5:14 AM
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Flannery.

She can heat my gym any day. ;)

Adeku
4th December 2008, 5:18 AM
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Flannery.

She can heat my gym any day. ;)

Lol she was one of my favorites..

I can't wait to see how Volkner will act in
the anime and Byron.(Unless he already showed up,i'm behind in the jap.)

CyberBlaziken
4th December 2008, 6:16 AM
favorite gym leaders are jasmine,winnona,surge,roark,gardenia,candice,volkn er,falkner
so many

AEROBLASTER
4th December 2008, 8:36 AM
I've been wondering... if there was a whole part of the show with the Orange Islands and their gym leaders, why were they not even in the games. I mean, they played an important role in the anime... it just disapoitted me that

Tom Nook
4th December 2008, 8:40 AM
I've been wondering... if there was a whole part of the show with the Orange Islands and their gym leaders, why were they not even in the games. I mean, they played an important role in the anime... it just disapoitted me that

The anime takes material from the games, not the other way around. The closest thing to the Orange Islands would be the Sevii Isles, which are gymless.

DreamChasing Windie
4th December 2008, 12:29 PM
All of the Emerald/Kanto Frontier Brains are my favorites, but I like Tucker the best.

He's my favorite of all the Pokemon characters, in fact. Fire Water fusion was awesome!

As for Gym Leaders, I liked Morty and Norman.

mysterious~fossil~HP~10
10th January 2009, 6:39 AM
Winona= +++++++++++++++++ 17
Tate and Liza= ++++++++++- 11
Norman= ++++++++ 8
Norman's Slaking= ++ 2
Wattson= -++ 3
Flannery= +++++++++++++ 13
Wallace= ++ 3
Juan= +++++++++++ 11
Roxanne=++++ 4
Brawly= +++++ 5

Drake= + 1

Dome Ace Tucker= +-+-++ 6
Pike Queen Lucy= ++++ 4
Palace Maven Spenser= +- 2
Tower Tycoon Anabel= ++ 2
Pyramid King Brandon= +- 2
Factory Head Noland= + 1
Greta=

Gardenia= +-++++++++++++++ 16
Fantina= +++++++ 7
Crasher Wake= ++++++- 7
Maylene= +++++++++++ 11
Roark= +++ 3
Byron= ++++ 4
Candice= +++++ 5
Volkner= +++++ 5

Aaron= - 1

Factory Head Nejiki= + 1
Castle Butler Cochran= - 1
Roulette Goddess Dahlia= + 1

Erika= +++++++++++-+ 13
Brock= +++-+ 5
Giovanni= +++- -++++-+ 11
Blue=
Koga= +++++ 5
Janine=
Sabrina= ++++++++++++++++++ 18
Blaine= +++++++++-+ 11
Lt. Surge= ++++++++-+ 10
Misty= ++++++++++ 10
Cerulean sisters= ++ 2

Cissy=++ 2
Rudy=++ 2
Luana=+ 1

Lorelei= +- 2
Agatha= + 1

Falkner= ++++++++++++ 12
Whitney= -++++++ 7
Pryce= ++-+++- 7
Bugsy= ++++ 4
Chuck= -++++- - 7
Jasmine= ++++++++++++++ 14
Claire= +++++++ 7
Morty= +++++++ 7

the1stpkmnfan
10th January 2009, 7:08 AM
I really like Maylene in the Sinnoh saga. She's got a cool Lucario, and she and Ash ended up in a Draw. She really gave Ash a strong battle.

Personally, from the 7 Frontier Brains in the anime, I like Noland the best. His wild positive attitude is amazing, and he doesn't ever give up. Plus, his hobby to invent and ride his Wild Noland J-9 is plain crazy. I just love it so! :D

Mel-Girl
10th January 2009, 7:53 AM
Um, let's see...

Kanto - I liked Lt Surge cuz when I was a kid, he made me LOL. And Erica and Sabrina were pretty funky too.

Orange Islands - Dang, don't really care. Rudy, lol.

Johto - Falkner omg <33 I was such a Falkner fangirl and I really think he deserved better. I also thought that Whitney and Morty were cool too. :O

Hoenn - Eh... Most of them were kinda uninspiring for me... Flannery, I guess. LOL, a lot of people like Flannery. Winona's okay.

Battle Frontier - ... I don't care? XD;

Sinnoh - Roark is awesome. Volkner even more so. I think Maylene andn Gardenia were pretty cool too. I really hope Candice and Volkner are portrayed really well in the anime. I can already see the beginning of the Volkner eps... 8DDD
Random dude: You can't enter the city due to Volkner using up the town's electricity.
Ash: ...What?!
Random dude: It's cuz he's really bored. ;^^
Ash: ...Whaaaaaaat?!
Random dude: There's just been no good challengers lately. :/
Ash: Was Paul the last challenger? 8DDD

Eh, I really want the anime to hurry up now. XD;

Cazak
10th January 2009, 1:47 PM
Drake from the Orange Islands was one of the coolest gym leders. Brandon, Blaine and Koga are also there followed by Claire and Sabrina.

ZangooseLord
13th January 2009, 4:39 AM
Okay, here are my top picks from each region:

Kanto: Blaine. If you were to look up the word "Ownage" in the dictionary, you would see a picture of his Magmar.
Orange Islands: I don't remember this region too well, so I'd say... Danny. I have to give him points for originality.
Johto: I don't remember the leaders here too well, either, so my pick is... Pryce. I wonder how the battle would've gone if he hadn't thrown in the towel...
Hoenn: Winona. She is the epitome of cleverness meeting beauty. I love the way she used her Pelipper.
Battle Frontier: Greta. Her Medicham could've easily wiped the floor with Ash's Snorlax. I also like the way she determines how many Pokemon are used. I wonder what her third Pokemon is... Breloom maybe? I don't know.
Sinnoh: Roark. His first battle with Ash was devastating on Ash's behalf. The fact that he started off with his powerhouse (Cranidos) pretty much determined the match before it even began.

the1stpkmnfan
13th January 2009, 5:17 AM
Also, I forgot to mention. In the Hoenn region, I liked it when Ash challenged Juan. He had a very strong part of Pokemon, and it was a really epic battle, when I saw that episode (I only saw it once so far). Plus, he's kind of a show-off that he's the master Water trainer, and get's all the girls. Which makes Brock get all jealous.

Plus, since Wallace is not seen in the anime as a Gym Leader, I was glad to see he made it into the anime during the DP saga. He sounds a bit like a prince, to me. But he's still one of my Hoenn favorites. :)