PDA

View Full Version : No point to evolving Metang?

Swalot
16th July 2007, 4:36 PM
I tried saving before evolving my Metang on blue resuce team, and when it became metagross, I noticed that the stats did not change, he actually required MORE exp. to the next level, he lost his ability to levitate over water, lava, etc. And to top it off, he learns moves slower. So, is there any reason i should evolve my Metang?

Minun2
16th July 2007, 8:55 PM
Really? In thatcase, you should only evolve it to get every Pokemon in the game, apart from that, theres no need to do it

mewfanforlife
16th July 2007, 9:19 PM
Evolution is actually often a disadvantage in MD. Unless you're trying to get every Pokemon or just love Metagross evolve it later of not at all.

Daaku JJ
17th July 2007, 12:31 AM
MD is the one game where you can use your favourites no-matter how strong or weak they are. Stats are always the same and moves are the only separating factor between pokemon.

Shine
17th July 2007, 8:51 AM
Stats aren't exactly the same, but the difference is that in the usual games the stats of the pokemon modify themselves to fit the base stats of the evolved pokemon, while in MD the difference is that the stats gained with each level up become different. Also when you evolve a pokemon, your experience is 'reset' - ie. If you have, say, a level 20 pokemon which would normally need 10000 exp to gain a level and you gain exp so it only needs 6000 more exp to gain a level, when you evolve it it will need 10000 exp to go to the next level again.

Blue Ditto
18th July 2007, 3:52 AM
If for the sake of moves, delay the evolution, but don't feel completely restricted because of the mode of travel. The IQ skill "Super Mobile" can make up for the levitating, and give it infinite Rock Smash (digging through walls) at the same time which actually makes the whole "traveling anywhere" actually worthwhile. Good thing that Meta's a dual-type...Magma Cavern's a prime place to go if you're wondering.

Aura Sphere
21st July 2007, 5:39 AM
Then turn the power off-or dont use metang and use a flying type-or just raise metagross's IQ really high and itll be able to walk on lava and water again