PDA

View Full Version : Pidgeot

Hejiru
16th July 2007, 11:21 PM
This has probably been asked before, but Ash told Pidgeot he would come back for it one day. Why didn't he look for it in Viridian Forest when he was in Kanto for Battle Frontier? I would love to see Pidgeot return. ;018;

SudovVoOdO
16th July 2007, 11:29 PM
I would like to see charmander return but not gonna happen...

Gold10
16th July 2007, 11:32 PM
From what it looks like, Ash forgot about Pidegot and thus is not wanting to get it.

Q-Dizzle16
16th July 2007, 11:32 PM
Personally I like Ash's other bird Pokemon more cause they have more personality than his Pidgeot did but I guess it would cool if it made a cameo in a few episodes.

Kenpachi
16th July 2007, 11:37 PM
Personally I like Ash's other bird Pokemon more cause they have more personality than his Pidgeot did but I guess it would cool if it made a cameo in a few episodes.
That’s because Ash used his Pidgeot as a tool. He would call it for battle, or to do something, than call it back immediately. I don’t remember him ever taking the time to do anything with it. Like when he taught Swellow how to use Aerial Ace.

Ask lied, he won't come back for it ever. He also has Staravia and Swellow so he won't go back to get Pidgeot. Besides, Pidgeot is "protecting" the weak birds of Viridian Forest.
Maybe in a Gym or League where the theme is flying, and he has to battle with 3 Pokémon, than I can see him asking Pro. Oak to call Pidgeot to battle with the other flying Pokémon of his team. (That would be such a bood battle.)

Dax
17th July 2007, 4:23 AM
This is the 100th time this question was asked. Pigeot is gone and Ash forgot about it...really it seems like that.

But at then end Pidgeot evolved and was released. It did absolutely nothing so at the end I consider the other flying pokemons of Ash except Noctowl better.

CyberCubed
17th July 2007, 4:25 AM
Pidgeot is never going to be seen again.

The writers didn't know what to do with Ash's Pokes in Season 1 so they had him release half of them.

Just be thankful that Ash doesn't release Pokemon anymore.

Pearl's Perap
17th July 2007, 4:27 AM
I think they could have atleast had a filler with it in during the Battle Frontier saga, but y'know, beggers can't be choosers.

Yup, as it has already been said, Ash has forgotten about Pidgeot along with Butterfree and Primeape...

Horn Drill
17th July 2007, 6:56 AM
When it was a Pidgeotto, Ash used it to pop Team Rocket's giant balloon or Whirlwind them away as an engine for blasting off.

When it evolved into Pidgeot, Ash decided it was too fat to pop hot air balloons, so he ditched it.

Professor Oak later shot Pidgeot on a hunting trip and fried him up along with Ash's Kingler and a healthy serving of tofu.

wolfy
17th July 2007, 6:59 AM
Yup, as it has already been said, Ash has forgotten about Pidgeot along with Butterfree and Primeape...

Didn't Butterfree actually die in the Japanese version, but in America they changed it?

And I wish he woulda kept pidgeot cause I love pidgeot as a pokemon...

Desert Flower
17th July 2007, 7:06 AM
Butterfree is not dead. This has not been said often enough.

Phantom_Bugsy
17th July 2007, 7:21 AM
How many topics EXACTLY LIKE THIS need to be created?

If it ever DOES come back, he better take an M-16 to the damn thing so the fans can shut the hell up for good.

Power of Fire
17th July 2007, 11:02 AM
pidgeot is long gone. forget about it, ash probably want to get it but doesn't really bother to.

athrunzalagsd
17th July 2007, 12:32 PM
If it ever DOES come back, he better take an M-16 to the damn thing so the fans can shut the hell up for good.

Dude, if that happens, the situation would be much worse than it is now. People will be spamming the place with the topic.

Anyway, it's sad to see Pidgeot go. It was one of Ash's first partners. And Butterfree too. Curse the writers for breaking so many hearts...

But we have to accept the fact. Pidgeot and Butterfree are gone. Though I hope there will be an episode where they appear as a cameo role.

Gravy
17th July 2007, 1:20 PM
I think the hunting trip theory is a feasible one, especially since old men wandering out into the wilderness to murder and devour primarily disease ridden avians is common practise in many countries.

Having said that, I also believe it's quite possible that Pidgeot died after mating. Chances are this was stated in the Japanese version of the show.

Rooreelooo
17th July 2007, 8:48 PM
Professor Oak later shot Pidgeot on a hunting trip and fried him up along with Ash's Kingler and a healthy serving of tofu.

This made me laugh about 10 times harder than it probably should have.

Seriously though, as if he would even be able to find it again. Viridian forest is pretty big, and birds tend to stay out of sight. It would be much more complex than Ash going in, calling out PIDGEOT a few times then taking him back.

Real life reason for him being gone: Writers didn't want him to fly everywhere he went so they dropped it.
Anime reason for him being gone: I guess Ash didn't want to go and take it back because otherwise the Pidgeys and Pidgeotto's would get their butts kicked again?

Reign G
18th July 2007, 1:39 AM
Didn't Butterfree actually die in the Japanese version, but in America they changed it?

...No...Just...No...

Butterfree never died. That was a mistranslation that became a popular rumor. But it was disproved (By Dogasu, I think) LONG ago.

As for Pidgeot, Ash promised to get it after the OI. He goes to Pallet, doesn't bother with it. After Johto, nope. Ater Hoenn, not happening. After BF, nada. And after Sinnoh? 99.9999999% chance he still doesn't bother finding it.

Korobooshi Kojiro
18th July 2007, 3:06 AM
Having said that, I also believe it's quite possible that Pidgeot died after mating. Chances are this was stated in the Japanese version of the show.

4kids cuts so much out!

Anzua2
18th July 2007, 3:22 AM
^http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbLVoWFacmE

Excalibur
18th July 2007, 3:56 AM
He isn't getting it back. It was a writers tool to get rid of it.

macoroni
18th July 2007, 6:19 AM
Lol Ash's Pigeotto was awesome and it was one of my favourite bird pokemon. He probably isn't going to get Pidgeot back anyways cause its probably still protecting those Pidgeys and Pidgeotto's.

zeno48
18th July 2007, 6:49 AM
Pidgeot? Do people still have hope that he will make a return lol. Guys hate too brake it to you but Pidgeot is long gone. Sorry live with it. Quit looking back it's a real pain.

CyberCubed
18th July 2007, 7:07 AM
It had its chance but it blew it. So no.

FlameTrainer
18th July 2007, 7:44 PM
That’s because Ash used his Pidgeot as a tool. He would call it for battle, or to do something, than call it back immediately. I don’t remember him ever taking the time to do anything with it. Like when he taught Swellow how to use Aerial Ace.

Ask lied, he won't come back for it ever. He also has Staravia and Swellow so he won't go back to get Pidgeot. Besides, Pidgeot is "protecting" the weak birds of Viridian Forest.
Maybe in a Gym or League where the theme is flying, and he has to battle with 3 Pokémon, than I can see him asking Pro. Oak to call Pidgeot to battle with the other flying Pokémon of his team. (That would be such a bood battle.) If he would need 3 Pokemon, then he already has 3 without Pidgeot. Methinks you forgot about Noctowl? And Ash can also use other Pokemon of his that can fly, like Heracross and Charizard.

Igloo
21st July 2007, 3:41 PM
In a very early episode of the anime, Ash fought a trainer who used a Sandshrew and won 99 times in a row; in the same episode he broke the trainer's winning streak, and they promised to meet each other again one day in the Pokémon League.

Ash isn't good at keeping promises.

Ironically, he used Pidgeotto in that episode.

Venusaur Master
21st July 2007, 3:56 PM
I think we have to say Pidgeot will never return

Groudonny the groundstar
21st July 2007, 4:37 PM
Just like my Pidgeot who was deleted. She was lv 100 IV and EV traind with a naive nature. All training by hand. Pidget I miss you *SNIFF*

On Topic. I would love to see Pidgeot back but he is probably protect the other birds. One of them should of evolved by now anyway.