PDA

View Full Version : Backwards speak ?

Flake
17th July 2007, 1:15 PM
I was watching the episode from te 3rd season ( Not long after the start of the Johto league episodes.

Anyway, During the episode with Ledyba "The Whistle Stop" James says something that has been reversed. Its Just before the bit whereTeam Rocket call out their pokem on to attack Ash and the rest in a net. As usual Victreebel attacks James and from inside the Victreebel be says the line in reverse.

I Played the line in reverse and its quite clear what he said - I wont say it exactly here but its about Leo Burnett.

From Wikipedia: Leo Burnett was an advertising executive famous for creating such icons as the Jolly Green Giant, the Marlboro Man, Toucan Sam, Charlie the Tuna, Morris the Cat, the Pillsbury Doughboy, the 7up "Spot", and Tony the Tiger.

Anyway, Anyone else noticed any backwards lines in the Anime.

Hejiru
17th July 2007, 4:09 PM
Are you sure? What exactly did he say?

Sird
17th July 2007, 4:17 PM
More Likely Nothing.

Flake
17th July 2007, 4:29 PM
Yep 100% sure it's pretty clear when you listen that its something played in reverse and its easy to hear the actual line when you play it in reverse. If you listen to the whole segment in reverse you can even hear Jessie say "we're speaking backwards (then some other stuff I cant make out - its all distorted except James line)

Anyway, the exact thing he says "Leo Burnett and 4kids are the devil, Leo Burnett!"

I've made it into a spoiler because theres a small chance it could be offensive to some people. If it is offensive, I apologise.

Pearl's Perap
17th July 2007, 4:44 PM
That just sounds...freaky

I believe I have this episode somewhere, I am going to have to watch it and see, I love this sort of thing, like when they have hidden messages in songs and such.

Horn Drill
17th July 2007, 8:56 PM
"Oh! Great warrior! Wars not make one great! Err herr herr herr hmm!"

I want to know how you discovered this in the first place. Such a random part of such a random old episode. :/

I seem to recall that the original Pokemon theme played backwards sounds like someone singing "I love Satan," or something like that.

Neomaster541
17th July 2007, 9:00 PM
What episode was it? Maybe I could find it on YouTube.

Hejiru
18th July 2007, 3:44 AM
I seem to recall that the original Pokemon theme played backwards sounds like someone singing "I love Satan," or something like that.

For the billionth time, that was just some stupid rumor a pokemon-hater started. It seems that everbody either thinks Pokemon is for kids or evil.

Flake
18th July 2007, 10:18 AM
I want to know how you discovered this in the first place. Such a random part of such a random old episode. :/

I never really watched it when it was on TV over here - probably working or sleeping. Anyway, I'm watching them all from the 1st episode whilst playing on the GBA.

Horn Drill
18th July 2007, 10:21 AM
For the billionth time, that was just some stupid rumor a pokemon-hater started. It seems that everbody either thinks Pokemon is for kids or evil.

I do remember someone on these forums providing a Java file though... It might've not been "I love Satan," or it might've just been fake, but I do recall there being something like this.

~Shining-Metagross~
18th July 2007, 10:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZlIcJbbm08
That is really quite weird. Quite.
=]
The thing is I heard it straight off. Leo Burnett doesn't have anything to do with 4kids though, he is in advertising. =S
Wonder how many more easter eggs lke this there are in the Show?
X

Power of Fire
18th July 2007, 10:34 AM
you gotta be serious....

Horn Drill
18th July 2007, 10:37 AM
That is pretty strange. I wonder if there are other examples of this. O_o

Maxim
18th July 2007, 1:10 PM
I already knew about that.

Is it just me, or Makoto/Aerial says "Satan" in backwards? OK, This could be a coincidence. But Kojirou's backwards line is not.

Excalibur
18th July 2007, 5:55 PM
Heh. I always find these things. But the real question is: are they jokes by the creators? Or evil plots by...

Pawpatch - SATAN!

Legendary Raikou
19th July 2007, 11:01 AM
Woa yea I just went and watched it, how strange lol

Igloo
20th July 2007, 3:50 AM
I laughed. It was ridiculous. James's voice actor (I'm not that anime-savvy, don't know who the actor was) was still in character when he said "Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil".... that's very interesting.

Jerre
20th July 2007, 4:34 PM
Just watched the video and i hearded the backwards line. Strange...:o

*~Fearless~*
20th July 2007, 9:47 PM
Never heard abot this.O_o

But 4 Kids ARE the devil,IMO.:p

octoboy
21st July 2007, 3:38 AM
Well, that is less clear than the other one, plus in the other one, the original is just gibberish.

And how does saying people are the devil offend people (unless you're afraid Leo Burnett is on here)?

Littlemyuu
21st July 2007, 4:37 AM
i just saw the video today,
they want you that you thinking that it says ''I love Satan''
but its not don't make those crazy people mess up your mind :3
( Sorry for my Bad/crazy English :))

Rex Kamex
26th July 2007, 12:07 AM
Oooookaaaay... that was a very random clip...

Mr. Mime
26th July 2007, 12:36 PM
I love these messages, I study them as a hobby, but I actually think this is a coincidence. Here's why:

1) James' voice is still in character.
2) I wouldn't have known what he said unless I was actually told. I only made out the message when they told me at the end of the video.
3) The line when played in reverse, although clear, doesn't sound fluent. It sounds broken.

Although I have heard cases of hiding messages in cartoons, so it's a possibility. This is actually the first time I've said one of these messages was a coincidence (backmasking supporter see) as it's Pokemon. Okay, the creator's are cheeky enough to create a pokemon with a cry sounding like a fart (Skuntank) but not to insert devilish messages. If one listens to something enough, they can make anything out of it.

In other news, here's the "I Love Satan" clip everyone's raving about. Just click on the Pokemon Rap one on the right.

Clicky (http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking.htm)

Rex Kamex
29th July 2007, 12:32 AM
Real or not, the James thing is pretty funny. But weird.

But Flake, how'd you find out about this?

loonatic
31st July 2007, 9:50 AM
subliminal advertising?

Mr. Mime
31st July 2007, 4:57 PM
Well this clip has never made me want to buy any 4Kids DVD's or any Leo Bennett merchandise... until now.

*runs to Wal Mart*

kaji_kun
2nd August 2007, 5:54 PM
just incase you were seriously doubtign this like me heres the full episiode it really is in there http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=12706227

actually now that i come to think of it . this is probably intentional since there was a need for sum sorta sound to be made there when James is being eaten. they probably just let erik stewart improvise filler and came up with that. someone should ask maddie about it

Mr. Mime
2nd August 2007, 10:10 PM
I would've hidden something better than that in, something like "I gave away my Weezing and all I got was this lousy haircut".

Sir Devious
4th August 2007, 12:05 PM
Hahah I am so going on Youtube right now.

Rex Kamex
4th August 2007, 5:33 PM
I would've hidden something better than that in, something like "I gave away my Weezing and all I got was this lousy haircut".

But he had Weezing back then.