PDA

View Full Version : Things that BUG you about the show

Pages : [1] 2

TysonKO
18th July 2007, 1:38 PM
TEAM ROCKET
Does anyone else think that they are just extremely annoying.
They should have more battles and less Team Rocket.
BATTLES
I mean seriously Ash has maybe 1 battle every episode how can that be fun?
One other thing is that he is always the underdog and he always wins? What are the chanses of that? I have never seen him totally PWN someone its always a come from behind victory.

Pokemon is the most succesful anime based on a videogame ever and its also the longest running animated airtime wise it surpasses simpsons and southpark. If they only made some tweaks the show would be a whole lot better.

Dax
18th July 2007, 1:45 PM
The show is not only battling. There's something called plot and it needs to be developed in all the episode. Watching battle after battle and after battle would be boring. I prefer a strong plot with at least one battle or 2 per episode.

The only that is bugging me is Turtwig's personality. It's cute sometimes but other than that he bores me sometimes.

And for some reason I learned to get used to Team Rocket, they still provide me some comedy here an there.

Pearl's Perap
18th July 2007, 1:48 PM
Team Rocket make the show what it is, without it, pokémon would be totally different, though they are repetitive, that's just pokémon for you.

Without them, also, there would be little to no comedy, and to be honest, I think it is one of the only things pokémon has going for it, especially James' comedy...

TysonKO
18th July 2007, 1:53 PM
Team Rocket make the show what it is, without it, pokémon would be totally different, though they are repetitive, that's just pokémon for you.

Without them, also, there would be little to no comedy, and to be honest, I think it is one of the only things pokémon has going for it, especially James' comedy...

Yeah you are right about james, he is the funniest guy in the show simply because he is a crossdressing hightalking spoiled blue haired thief. Got to love the variety... :P

Dax
18th July 2007, 2:04 PM
I actually prefer Jessie. I like her more. She's the one that is getting something more to do since she participates in contests.

Seviper
18th July 2007, 2:16 PM
Without Team Rocket the show would be extremelly boring, the only funny thing would be Brock and Munchlax (Before DP).
Something that bugs me is that all the characters should get more Pokémon as in the old days when Ash had to send Krabby, Snorlax, Tauros and Muk to Prof. Oak, nowdays they all (Ash, Brock...) get no more than about 5 Pokémon per Region which they keep in their party.

Sird
18th July 2007, 2:47 PM
Without Team Rocket I Would Not Want To Watch. They Are Funny.

Q-Dizzle16
18th July 2007, 7:21 PM
Okay so we all agree Team Rocket is good for the show. Back on topic!

What bugs me about the show is that Ash is constantly the underdog and never really kicks any *** and his overuse of the typical "Friendship conquers all, we can do it together" crap.

Drkecho
18th July 2007, 9:09 PM
I think they should come like once every few episodes or so

zeno48
19th July 2007, 12:32 AM
TEAM ROCKET
BATTLES
One other thing is that he is always the underdog and he always wins? What are the chanses of that? I have never seen him totally PWN someone its always a come from behind victory.

Pokemon is the most succesful anime based on a videogame ever and its also the longest running animated airtime wise it surpasses simpsons and southpark. If they only made some tweaks the show would be a whole lot better.

Can't you deal with it? It's not perfect but it's enjoyable nontheless. Stop complaining and just watch the show for enjoyment.

Requiem's Eclipse
19th July 2007, 12:49 AM
One thing that I hate about the anime is the annoying is how stupid Team Rocket came out to be in the very beggining they where somewhat evil now they are just dimwits

zeno48
19th July 2007, 12:54 AM
One thing that I hate about the anime is the annoying is how stupid Team Rocket came out to be in the very beggining they where somewhat evil now they are just dimwits

lol yeah but without them the show would be so boring and would have been canceled a long time ago.

Requiem's Eclipse
19th July 2007, 1:03 AM
lol yeah but without them the show would be so boring and would have been canceled a long time ago.

Yeah I guess the reviews went harsh in the beggining since they were devious and not blithering idiots

Kenpachi
19th July 2007, 1:06 AM
Has nobody seen the battle where Ash fought Casey?
Ash just left from winning the Orange League and went to Jhoto with a full team. (This was before his "fresh start" every region.)
He used Charizard to beat her Chikorita, Pidgey, and Rattata without any effort. He also asked it to hold back a little at the end.
I don't like how the girls Brock flirts with just sweat and say nothing.
I still always laugh when he gets pulled, punched, or dragged away but it would be cool if they said something before he gets cut off. ( Something like "Awww, did you get that from a card?" or or "Your kidding right? Come back when your taller than me.")
Also, Team Rocket can never leave. But it would be nice if Ash battled people besides them. He can earn all 8 badges and only battle 2 actual trainers.

B-MAN
19th July 2007, 1:13 AM
Well I don't know about y'all but the show doesn't seem funny to me, the only things that make me laugh is aipom, and croagunk. I'm sick and tired of Team Rocket, I would watch the show everyday if it was nothing but solid battling, i'm tired of these dumb plots. And when will we have another serious movie like the first one? When will we ever get the characters from the game back? There should be a hole new side-season just all about battling used past characters, if so I would espescially watch the show.

Hikari Ex
19th July 2007, 3:56 AM
Pokemon and pocket monsters are diffrent
hikari and dawn are diffrent
satoshi and ash are diffrent
poke voice are diffrent
Keep it Ninhon

Ruris
19th July 2007, 4:03 AM
#1. Team Rocket:
They've been in EVERY SINGLE EPISODE SINCE EPISODE TWO. Not only that, but they insist on trying to capture Pikachu for some reason. Not just any random wild Pikachu they could easily catch themselves, nooo. They have to steal some stupid kid's Pikachu.

#2. Ash:
Fitting in with number one, Ash never really seems that annoyed with Team Rocket. Whenever they appear, its "Oh no, those guys again", and not "GOD DAMN IT, STOP FOLLOWING US" followed by a punch to the face. You'd think that after 500 episodes he'd either yell at them or at least ask them why they keep following him around.

#3. Pikachu:
Ash's Pikachu should be like level 80 now, and it keeps losing to novice trainers like Paul. Even if there aren't levels in the anime, Pikachu should at least be getting stronger than he was at the beginning.

#4. Plot:
Every single episode focuses around one or maybe two guest Pokémon that are only there for that episode and will most likely never appear again. It's like the freaking Simpsons, except people were actually interested for the first couple seasons of Pokémon.

#5. 4Kids:
4Kids sucks and Nintendo should never have let them translate and dub. But to be fair, Pokémon was their first dubbing, but they should've known better with Kirby, F-Zero and Sonic X.

Shadow Lucario
19th July 2007, 7:57 AM
#1. Team Rocket:
They've been in EVERY SINGLE EPISODE SINCE EPISODE TWO. Not only that, but they insist on trying to capture Pikachu for some reason. Not just any random wild Pikachu they could easily catch themselves, nooo. They have to steal some stupid kid's Pikachu.

I have always asked myself the same thing except with every other Pokemon. But if they do capture Pikachu and give it to Giovanni(which they never will)it would be better than a random Pikachu cause it will be stronger

thunderblade12
19th July 2007, 8:00 AM
the fact that the anime doesnt follow the manga? anyone?

the manga kicks as*

Shadow Lucario
19th July 2007, 8:05 AM
Has the manga been released in English?

Hyourinmaru
19th July 2007, 8:10 AM
the fact that the anime doesnt follow the manga? anyone?

the manga kicks as*

Why would it? It's not like all those other anime that are based on manga (FMA, Bleach, One Piece), they're completely unrelated and is supposed to stay that way. Besides, there's more than one manga out there. What are they supposed to do?

thunderblade12
19th July 2007, 8:13 AM
Has the manga been released in English?

partly.."best of red" and "best of yellow" have been released by viz. theyre EXTREMLY edited though.

Shadow Lucario
19th July 2007, 8:14 AM
I hate things that are edited alot

zeno48
19th July 2007, 8:16 AM
TEAM ROCKET
BATTLES

People like you complaining about the anime and no anime is perfect so I think pokemon is just fine the way it is.

Soulworage717
19th July 2007, 9:31 AM
(WARNING: This post is labeled as "tl;dr". Proceed only if you won't fall to sleep while reading for a long period of time.)

I can think of 15,000 situations (Over-exaggeration.) that made me want to stop watching. But the majority falls into these 2 categories.

#1 in priority: The Battles

This is the biggest problem I have with this show. Watching battle after battle that will absolutely not help you become better at battling makes me want to kill things. And if the battles are bad this show is bad. I mean seriously, what is Pokemon without the battles? The game would not be the game without the battles. The same SHOULD apply for the show.

SERIOUSLY. Textbook moves, (How many Pokemon have Focus Punch?) NEVER A ONE SIDED BATTLE, (WHY?!??) the game doesn't matter at all to the writers, (A terrible mistake.) and nobody non-important EVER BATTLES ASH. (Maybe once in a while, but in 500 episodes, it's only happen around 20 times. That's 5%.) Watching a battle is like reading a Playboy magazine. Nobody cares about the articles (Battles.), most people are only here for the eyecandy. (The terrible, terrible truth I have come to realize.)

And this is the opposite of what I like and what many people would believe Pokemon would do well. Face it guys, the battles suck hard. They might as well have no battles but rather just have their Pokemon dance and skip about in style. It'd be the same thing most likely.

#2: Team Rocket

...ONCE IN A WHILE.....PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!

I'm enjoying the show, and then Team Rocket shows up and I go back to my computer ignoring what happens next.

The biggest problem I have with them is the fact they contribute to the problem above. However if you like Cacnea/Carnivine/Dustox/etc. , you're in luck. They'll appear over 9,000 times before they stop appearing.

Another thing is that they are repetitive in what they do. Try to steal stuff using mechas (Because they loves using giant robots. It makes them feel good.) and fail. Forget about their failure tomorrow and try again. Their target is always a stupid yellow mouse. But honestly at this point they don't care. ...Actually it's kinda split between "do care" and "don't care." Again, they need to go away once in awhile. You'd think 500 thunderbolts among other things would put them in retirement...or at the very least give them a dang good vacation.

Name me an episode in the previous 3 seasons Team Rocket has not appeared, and I'll give you as many cookies as I have. If what I'm hearing is true, then the statement below is true.

"If you like Team Rocket, you'll like the show.

However if you can't get used to Team Rocket, you'll never enjoy this show."

...People there has GOT to be a problem there.

Ash is well...Ash pretty much. If problem #1 was fixed we'd see Ash actually battle pretty well. And what kind of role model Ash is if all he uses is a yellow mouse? Srsly, how many kids have you seen with a team that has a yellow mouse in it? BAD ROLE MODEL ALERT.

It'd make me happy to see Team Rocket NOT appear, but right now I am praying that the battles will not suck. Forget TR, the battles in this show is the biggest problem in my eyes. Outclassing Team Rocket by a huge difference. I can tolerate Team Rocket, but I can't tolerate the viciously lame battles.

@zeno48: Of course no anime is perfect. But there are good animes, and there are bad anime nobody wants to watch. Pokemon doesn't have to be perfect, but it needs to stop sucking badly.

Metal Bird
19th July 2007, 9:50 AM
Here's what I don't like about the show these days (hint: click on the link on my signature):

Snorunt conservationist
19th July 2007, 11:31 AM
the people who think evolution=better.

No. Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Corphish, etc. All better for not having evolved. Obviously some evo's are necessary, but please, they're not always beneficial. Glalie-Snorunt being the perfect example.

Princess Reina
19th July 2007, 8:29 PM
the people who think evolution=better.

No. Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Corphish, etc. All better for not having evolved. Obviously some evo\'s are necessary, but please, they\'re not always beneficial. Glalie-Snorunt being the perfect example.

Honestly, I hate it. Ash and his friends rarely evolve their pokemon and they win the battles against much stronger trainers. I wont forget that episode when Phnapy (probably level 5) beat Arbok and Weezing. It was stupid and in the game would be impossible. Arbok and Weezing have been much longer on the world than Phnapy and their level was much higher - so I really dont know why they lost to the small pokemon. The anime isnt really related with the games, both have almost nothing common. Levels, evolutions, movepools.... I have a feeling that everything what is important in the games doesnt exist in the show.

Gravy
19th July 2007, 9:10 PM
I do dislike how some pokémon only ever seem to get very, very minor parts or are stuck to a single episode. C'mon guys, you've got well over 400 characters at your disposal. We don't need to see Scizor and Steelix every week.

But other than that, nothing about the show really bugs me as much as it does other people. Sometimes I can get a little picky when it comes to animation is, be slightly put off by the occasional silly move in battles, or grow disappointed when a character I like is phased out, but that's about as far as I'll go. At the end of the day, it's just a lighthearted TV show that's extremely easy to get into, and I'm just fine with that.

In the grand scheme of things, it's the fans that bug me the most. But then again; it's all sarcasm fodder ;)

TysonKO
20th July 2007, 2:01 AM
Okay so we all agree Team Rocket is good for the show. Back on topic!

What bugs me about the show is that Ash is constantly the underdog and never really kicks any *** and his overuse of the typical "Friendship conquers all, we can do it together" crap.

Thats exactly what im saying!!!

Noo way could a pikachu base stat 50.00 by the way ever beat any realyy good pokemon no matter how stronger he is than normal pikachu.
he should carry around charizard instead ov pikachu and he should evolve more pokemon

I would actually prefer to follow gary around on his jorney he is way better in every was especially pokemon wise

Mello
20th July 2007, 2:13 AM
Pikachu. I hate the way that Pikachu ALWAYS has to be the one to send Team Rocket blasting off, has to be used in every major battle, seems to have uber stregnth... They should power some of Ash's other Pokemon and give Pikachu a little break.

Soulworage717
20th July 2007, 2:20 AM
Pikachu. I hate the way that Pikachu ALWAYS has to be the one to send Team Rocket blasting off, has to be used in every major battle, seems to have uber stregnth... They should power some of Ash's other Pokemon and give Pikachu a little break.

Hence why I have christened this Pokemon "HAXachu."

B-MAN
20th July 2007, 5:44 AM
Team rocket! Please just give up and leave the show, ash leave the show, brock leave show anything stupid leave the show! Please, this showed made little kids believe pikachu is the best pokemon in the world. I was showing this little kid my diamond game and showed him all my legendaries and all he had to ask was do you have pikachu. Pikachu? I have legendaries that is 100 times better that mouse and you want to see pikachu? The anime has curoppted the franchise unless it gets back to it's roots.

Princess Reina
20th July 2007, 9:26 AM
I do dislike how some pokémon only ever seem to get very, very minor parts or are stuck to a single episode. C\'mon guys, you\'ve got well over 400 characters at your disposal. We don\'t need to see Scizor and Steelix every week.

Agree. Gardevoir and Shuckle need more attention.

Team rocket! Please just give up and leave the show, ash leave the show, brock leave show anything stupid leave the show! Please, this showed made little kids believe pikachu is the best pokemon in the world. I was showing this little kid my diamond game and showed him all my legendaries and all he had to ask was do you have pikachu. Pikachu? I have legendaries that is 100 times better that mouse and you want to see pikachu? The anime has curoppted the franchise unless it gets back to it\'s roots.
Kids are kids. They use Pikachu because they have seen it in the anime. BTW, I agree with Rockets. They arent funny only boring and pathetic. I used to like them in the Indigo League because they did something more and were more useful. Now they arent funny only very boring and some my friends dont watch the show anymore because they hate Rockets. I would like to see new bad guys, someone like Saturn and Mars from Team Galactic should be on the first place.

MassivePanda
20th July 2007, 2:13 PM
There are a LOT of things that bug me in the show, but everyone here has listed them all.

The biggest thing that irks me is that they NEVER include the actual rivals (except Gary) in the show. NEVER. Poor Brendan has had 2 cameos, and we'll never see him again. The main rival in DP has yet to be shown, and I highly doubt he will; he's a great character and really needs to be in at least 1 small arc.. It's too late for that though.

Team Rocket to me is love/hate relationship. At times I really enjoy having them around. They add lots of laughs and stuff like that. However they don't really have any real relevance to the plot. Their goal is to capture Pikachu, and they keep FAILING. I understand that they won't ever leave the show because they've been in 500+ episodes.

Metal Force
20th July 2007, 2:16 PM
Well I do agree that Team Rocket is annoying, I also hate the fact that Ash, which is the hero, isn't much of a powerful trainer.

Prio
20th July 2007, 2:25 PM
Tackle is two damn powerful.

MassivePanda
20th July 2007, 2:27 PM
Well I do agree that Team Rocket is annoying, I also hate the fact that Ash, which is the hero, isn't much of a powerful trainer.

Well, I think he is strong, but he just puts all of his new region Pokemon back into Prof. Oak's lab and always goes for fresh, new Pokemon. If he had his old Pokemon (like Sceptile or Charizard ) he would be stronger.

Sableye King
21st July 2007, 1:39 AM
That Brenden had 2 cameos and the show doesn't stick with games when it comes to types. Sometimes electricity affects griund types, and sometimes it doesn't. (Pikachu vs. Brock's Onix, and Pikachu vs. Camerupt) Same with normal attacks not affecting Ghosts (May's Squirtle vs. Harley's Banette). Also, How did May's eevee learn both Shadow ball and dig with no TMs?

Also, why is it in D/P, Paul is 100 times better than Ash? Isn't Ash the good guy here? why is it that Paul gets the better, stronger pokemon, while Ash get weak little ones? Unless he get two legendaries or Paul gets rid of his strong pokemon, Ash can't win. And isn't that going against why the anime is around? For Ash to become a pokemon Master, not be beat in every leauge competition so far.

Soulworage717
21st July 2007, 3:11 AM

Well Ash looking like he sucks is pretty much the fault of Problem #1. (Crappy battles) If that was fixed, he'd look a BIT less like a wimp. I'm pretty sure we all have envisioned using our metagame teams to destroy the pathetic excuse of a team Ash Ketchum has. Also for the love of god, he needs to stop using HAXachu all the bloody time. Again, BAD ROLE MODEL.

Although Problem #3 has arisen.

#3: Secondary characters.

60% of the characters you see, you'll never see again. (Maybe another time, but most of the time never.)
70% of the above-mentioned will always showcase a non-textbook Pokemon.
80% of the characters will not battle Ash. However 40% will do some sort of fighting against Team Rocket.
90% of secondary characters will be plot devices.

Enough of false facts that I can't prove, basically this show needs far FAR less secondary characters and more characters that will serve a far better purpose than just being a plot device for the only episode they're in. If you're saying character development and plot advance is important here's something that can improve that concept. FOCUS ON SOMEBODY BESIDES ASH KETCHUM FROM PALLET TOWN'S PARTY.

Unfortunately as the cosmos say, this will not be possible. For this is something the manga does, and the anime is not the manga. As King Brandon says, "Whatever the manga does, the anime doesn't."

J.R.
21st July 2007, 4:56 AM
My only complaint is that they do not use brock like they did in the 1st season. If you watch Brock in Kanye and compare him to how he was during Hoenn until now(Or maybe I should say until the end of Battle frontier...He is showing some charater development in D/P..Car Ride with that girl, Sudowoodo, ect.), you'd see that he was FAR more interesting and naive then...I'm not going to get into detail, but it seems like nowadays he is the "Mature and Experienced" member of the group. In my opinion, that needs to be changed. I grew up to a Brock that was somewhat of a 'best friend' to Ash(minus Pikachu). They were on the same level mentally(Brock somewhat more mature) and that made the show much more enjoyable to watch.

Gigaguy373
21st July 2007, 7:56 AM
ash has completely PWNED people before

he owns team rocket (though it doesn't really count)

he owned wats his face... the 3rd gym leader in hoenn (though his pikachu was superchraged)

PokemonTrainerLisa
21st July 2007, 8:50 AM
I love the Pokemon anime, so there aren't many things that I dislike about it. ^^

Anyway, these are the only things that bug me about the Pokemon anime:

- the new voices (especially Ash's, cause most of the time, it has no emotion and that has ruined just about every Ash centered episode for me - also, in the most recent episodes of D/P, I noticed that Sarah's Ash voice is very inconsistent, cause both the voice and the acting seem to change between one episode and the next).

- the lines in the script (in certain episodes, I don't like the way they've written the dialogue - apparently, Ash was out of character in a few episodes, and I really hated that!!)

- breaking the 4th wall (yes, it's funny when Pokemon USA does that, but come on - they're WAY overdoing it with that in my opinion! I mean, sure 4Kids had Team Rocket break the 4th wall too, but they never broke the 4th wall quite that often O_O)

Anyway, basically my opinion on 4th wall breaking is that, if Pokemon USA did it every so often and spread it out (between the episodes where it's done), that would be a good thing. I don't have a problem with that. However, in my opinion, if they break the 4th wall many times and too often in the anime, then it ruins the "realism" of the show (a quote from the 3rd movie commentary comes to mind here, because it was either Michael or Norman who mentioned something about this subject).

uber gon
21st July 2007, 9:01 AM
CERTAIN plotholes not being completed sorta bugs me.

Soulworage717
21st July 2007, 9:30 AM
ash has completely PWNED people before

he owns team rocket (though it doesn't really count)

he owned wats his face... the 3rd gym leader in hoenn (though his pikachu was superchraged)

...Team Rocket makes for 95% of the experience Ash gets. They never change, so it's no wonder Ash defeats them all the time....**** man anybody can defeat them.

Great, you named one. Can you name another? No? Then Ash does not pwn. Those are considered flukes. In the end, they look at how many times you have pwned. Once or twice is not satisfiable.

The Power of Pika
21st July 2007, 9:35 AM
The only thing that annoys me about the show is the lack of character history on Ash. Interesting when we know more about team rocket's past and hardly anything about Ash.

uber gon
21st July 2007, 10:07 AM
The only thing that annoys me about the show is the lack of character history on Ash. Interesting when we know more about team rocket's past and hardly anything about Ash.

Or most of the main characters like Misty, Tracy, and some others.

Sapphire luvr
21st July 2007, 10:47 AM
For me its
Ash never went back for Pidgeot
Team Rocket in every episode and not getting any better
Pikachu tends to reset it's level after every saga
The battles can be more intense with better animation
Legendaries get stopped by simple machines
Ash doesn't rotate his guys around so guys like cyndaquil wont be fighting ever again
Ash should atleast be able to put up a decent fight against legendaries and e4 members
Hyper beams the constantly spammed beat all end all move for big guys or legendaries

I'll leave it at that for now. If the anime were like the manga then it'd be so much better. straight to the point, better plots, there's actually love involved(RSE). Yeah in my opinion, the only good parts of the anime are gym and league episodes.

SudovVoOdO
21st July 2007, 10:53 AM
What bothers me?

TR being in each episode... they're ok but not in each episode plz..
There were never real villains, they were never so dangerous...
Pokémon battles:once a week, then they screw it up.

But that's the genre of this animé. If you don't like it don't watch it.

Snorunt conservationist
21st July 2007, 2:56 PM
Honestly, I hate it. Ash and his friends rarely evolve their pokemon and they win the battles against much stronger trainers. I wont forget that episode when Phnapy (probably level 5) beat Arbok and Weezing. It was stupid and in the game would be impossible. Arbok and Weezing have been much longer on the world than Phnapy and their level was much higher - so I really dont know why they lost to the small pokemon. The anime isnt really related with the games, both have almost nothing common. Levels, evolutions, movepools.... I have a feeling that everything what is important in the games doesnt exist in the show.

That's because the games aren't the show. Which is a good thing.

Who cares if Phanpy beat Arbok and Weezing? It had to be introduced someway. The anime is predominantly character based, and having realisitc to the game would be BORING.

To clarify, I'm not anti-evo. I love Muk,Pidgeotto/ot, Kingler and pretty much all os Ash's pokes. However, a lot of people clamour for constant evo's, which isn't cool. Bulbasaur's refusal to evolve was one of the best episodes ever.

Groudonny the groundstar
21st July 2007, 3:27 PM
Ash NOT letting TR steal WILD POKEMON!!!

In pikachus goodbye he could of let TR steal one wild pikachu but NOOOOOO he had to save every last one! Who cares if TR starves because stealing WILD pokemon is SOOOOOOOOOOO evil. Like WILD pokemon are *Sarcasm* REALLY gonna miss there trainers *End Sarcasm*.

:meowthbal Sorry but I am a real big TR supporter and hate Ash for this reason.

Venusaur Master
21st July 2007, 3:32 PM
team rocket are annoying after 9 years
I wish they would include more in game items and poke marts in the anime
and getting to see fushai city and blackthorn city instead of just the gyms

pokemorph??huh
21st July 2007, 5:12 PM
i think ash is quite thick cos in one epesoed called second times the chrame the frountier brain fanceied the pants out of ash and he was like a robot

what they should do is get rid of ash and replace him=^_^=

Champion Jared 14
21st July 2007, 5:18 PM
Team Rocket is there for comedy, and Ash's further experience. But it would be nice if they were a little more challenging. At least be able to battle head-to-head with ash and co.

They never resolved the GS ball plot. A very big mistake. Made Johto very much unfinished and less enjoyable.

Ash wins too much for me. I know, he's traveled around a LOT, but he can't get his new pokes as strong as pikachu in a snap? And other trainers give him trouble? Then he needs to be PWNED.

Let Ash remember and have knowledge of pokemon types. He always tries to shock ground-type pokes with pikachu. I say, he needs to learn about all the ground types out there before automaticall sending out pikachu to battle them.

Brock and Dawn need to pwn Team Rocket more!!! Ash does this all the time, it;s time to spread the fun around. If they're gonna be there long enogh to collect dust while traveling, they might as well battle a lot more. There isn't always a breeding affair or a contest going on ya know...

TokyoMewMew
21st July 2007, 8:25 PM
One terrible thing that bugs me is that when a new season comes out, they always have to change the voice of Ash. It's pretty annoying.

Ky-nim
22nd July 2007, 1:50 AM
The "omg your lame story is so cool" line.

I think the flashbacky things are okay, but not good enough for a WOW scene. Stupid dubs.

And the clothes. May's were fine. Misty...scary shorts but okay. Dawn...DON'T YOUR UNDERWEAR CHAFE FROM VARIOUS WALKING/RUNNING/SITTING THINGS YOU DO AROUND SINNOH (grassy places arent carpets) WITH THAT RIDICULOUS SKIRT?!

Ratikal
22nd July 2007, 3:09 AM
The fact that is just 3 kids wandering the country side bugs me. Theres no real plot to it. I mean yea, Ash wants to become the Pokemon Master whatever. But I mean, theirs such a lack of villians. I hope Team Galatic comes around soon.

There isn't any real major character development either. It's just all of sudden we have Dawn. She gets no real background besides wanting to be a Pokemon Coordinator and I guess she likes cute things.

Meh, I'm probably wrong on the second opinion.

ijea4444
22nd July 2007, 3:15 AM
i want brock to get some of his poke back. i mean he has 4 fully evolved. (not100% sure) but still he has sudowoodo and croagunk, strong pokes and a happiny.

Rex Kamex
22nd July 2007, 3:26 AM
Pokemon and pocket monsters are diffrent
hikari and dawn are diffrent
satoshi and ash are diffrent

Not really, for any of those. Personality-wise, Ash and Dawn aren't different at all.

poke voice are diffrent

Voices of the Pokemon... yeah, for plenty of the Pokemon.

Anyway, this could count as biggest mistakes the writers have ever made, but...

I know that the Pokemon TV show was made as an advertisement for the games, but I don't like when the advertising takes over the story of the series. I would've much had the writers develop May a lot more and make her the permanent girl co-star of the show rather than just let her and Max go simply to have Dawn become the coordinator while a lot of the other elements in the show remained the same. This is (obviously) one of the examples that I am annoyed with.

Unoriginality in the series happens too much, although D/P (and some/many things of AG) seem to change things. Besides the bike-destroying thing (honestly, is it really going to kill people if the girl character doesn't have a broken bike?) and some similar plotlines in episodes (I wouldn't mind this if it only happened a few times, but there are many situations of this), not to mention situations like the Manaphy movie (it looked cool, but they finally gave May a major role in a movie and it turned out to be something similar to Max's in the Jirachi movie) the same goes with some of the Pokemon. (I really don't think it was necessary for May to have Squirtle, Munchlax, or Bulbasaur. Also, Ash doesn't have to be the one to catch the bird Pokemon of the region- besides Johto of course.)

Also, (and I can't blame everything about this on the writers because it's more of Nintento's fault) series-wise, Pokemon doesn't have use any gigantic storyline other than Ash's goal to be a Pokemon Master. What I mean by that is, as Nintendo makes more Pokemon games for new regions, Ash goes from one region to another region to another. It's never decided that he goes there until the last moment (but by that time the games are already announced) either.

The show has never actually said what a Pokemon Master is, and so we don't actually know how close Ash is getting to his goal. (I mean, he's making plenty of progress, but we never see Ash get a major plan to become a Master. Not that he should focus on that only and forget about his Pokemon, but surely he'd be doing something major that'll help him reach his goal. ...Then again, since we don't know how to become a Master, we can't say he isn't following the right steps, but... how do we know how close Ash is to becoming a Master?) Simply put, we've been seeing more of Ash going from region to region to catch and train new Pokemon than knowing exactly what it takes to be a Master (although training is important.) Meh, I can't seem to explain it right.

The problems regarding continuity, plot holes, and plot convinience is another thing. I'm also kinda bugged that we never really see where Ash gets his money and where Team Rocket get their money for things. We don't really see that many trials that Ash has to face involving the journey itself.

And I agree with Gravy when it comes to certain people of the fanbase. I guess you can find that with every fanbase, but I find it a major problem here. (Not enough to leave, of course.)

But, all in all (or whatever), I still like Pokemon.

Senbonzakura
22nd July 2007, 3:29 AM
i think thats its weird that it says "gottA catchem all" even tho he barely catches 10 [excludin 1st series]

zeno48
22nd July 2007, 3:39 AM

I agree with you on this and what happened to pusas promise or whoever said that Ashes father was going to be reaveled this season?

Rex Kamex
22nd July 2007, 4:35 PM
i think thats its weird that it says "gottA catchem all" even tho he barely catches 10 [excludin 1st series]

It's an American slogan made by Nintendo of America. It's a catchy phrase and all, but it provides more inconvenience than good, IMO. The Japanese writers are not making Ash catch every single Pokemon, anyway.

They did get rid of that slogan a while back.

uber gon
23rd July 2007, 3:47 AM
For me its
Ash doesn't rotate his guys around so guys like cyndaquil wont be fighting ever again
Ash should atleast be able to put up a decent fight against legendaries and e4 members
Hyper beams the constantly spammed beat all end all move for big guys or legendaries

I'll leave it at that for now. If the anime were like the manga then it'd be so much better. straight to the point, better plots, there's actually love involved(RSE). Yeah in my opinion, the only good parts of the anime are gym and league episodes.

Well it's a kid's show so some things (love, for example) won't be adressed thoroughly.

Mileyangel
9th August 2007, 3:17 AM
Here's my list of annoyances

1. TR- I admit they're funny sometimes, and I liked them at first, but the show up EVERY SINGLE MOTHER FREAKING EPISODE!!!! Good God!! They do the same thing every time! Try to steal Pikachu, almost suceed, and then fail horribly. And where the hell do they get the money for the machines they use? If I were Giovanni, I would't even give them a dime.

2. Ash's Battles- They are cool sometimes, but Ash always uses the same tatics and moves. Also, they could space out the battles. Ash always has a battle in at least once per episode.

3. Ash is Gay- I've only seen Ash hit on a girl once, and that was in the first season. Either he's gay or has not gotten hormones.

4. Gym Leaders are Weak- with the exeption of Norman(my fave!!!) and a few others, the gym battles only take about 15 minutes. Norman and Winona's battles were full episode lengnthed, but most others went down in half that time.

5. Ash's Team is weak- Ash should get some bigger, stronger Pokemon. He always gets small, basic ones.

6. Ash Dumps his Team Every Season or Region- He kicks them to the curb like they're some cheap girlfriend. He should stick to a team at least two seasons, instead of just taking Pikachu.

7. Pikachu-Pikachu is always being stolen and being the only Pokemon Ash takes with him. Don't get me wrong, Pikachu is cute, but he's not the cutest.

Soulworage717
9th August 2007, 7:08 AM
For me its

Ash never went back for Pidgeot: Pidgeot, although not the most effective Pokemon, was cool. Why they still don't care about Pidgeot is beyond me.

Team Rocket in every episode and not getting any better: Proven to be a problem.

Pikachu tends to reset it's level after every saga: It's what we have to go through. Since Ash doesn't want to part with his special friend. I don't care about this at all because as stupid as it is, it's the best reason we got.

The battles can be more intense with better animation: Agreed. Needs less stock footage for crying out loud!

Legendaries get stopped by simple machines: To add on, Bad guys in the Pokemon Universe are the most pansiest of bad guys.

Ash doesn't rotate his guys around so guys like cyndaquil wont be fighting ever again: 110% agreed. And he wants to be a Pokemon Master. The stupid dork.

Ash should atleast be able to put up a decent fight against legendaries and e4 members: That's the opposite of what I believe. Ash needs to stop HAXing against Legendaries. However Ash needs to stop losing against E4 members. That being said, E4 needs to exist in the anime.

Hyper beams the constantly spammed beat all end all move for big guys or legendaries: I #%$*ing hate that too. Stupid textbook Soma Beam...

Satoshi
9th August 2007, 7:34 AM
TEAM ROCKET
BATTLES Am I the only one who sees something wrong with the connection of the bolded?

And aren't they basically battling Rocket Gang?

Things that bug me about the show... things that bug me about the show...

I've explained my griped about the show many times in other threads in the past. If I explain it again here then I'll just be beating a dead horse.

Dokichan
10th August 2007, 1:31 AM
ash.

i wish they'd just kill him off already. either that, or make him more interesting.

Cenzo
10th August 2007, 1:36 AM
Ash-Bashers. I hate them. We should kill them off or make them interesting.

Satoshi
10th August 2007, 5:29 AM
ash.

i wish they'd just kill him off already. either that, or make him more interesting.Yes. Let's kill the main character!

And then make the anime centered around contests! Yes!

savdjkasvjhvaf!!@@!

While we're at it, let's kill Hikari and turn it into a cooking show. Food animu all around. ^_^

:rolleyes:

Satoshi is just about as interesting as any other Pokemon character. I don't know why people haven't figured this out already.

Soulworage717
10th August 2007, 5:33 AM
I LOVE PEOPLE WHO DON'T THINK IT OVER!!!

EVERYBODY! LET'S CELEBRATE THICK SKULLS FOR TODAY!

-----

Back on topic, Satoshi, you could've at least give us a link to one of your previous gripes. >_> It would help us.

MinunTheFighter34
10th August 2007, 5:34 AM
Ash and co.
Seriously, how can they not see though team rockets disguises.I mean seirously its so obvious.

Soulworage717
10th August 2007, 5:37 AM
Adding on to that, why does everybody in the Pokemon universe can't tell a disguise when they see one? It's like Team Rocket are descendants of Count Olaf or something.

Also why can't the police force do ANYTHING to stop the evil Teams and every second cop is Jenny?

Humorously, in a Kanto league episode, Jennie actually thought her Growlithe was Arcanine. I lol'd.

Satoshi
10th August 2007, 5:37 AM
Back on topic, Satoshi, you could've at least give us a link to one of your previous gripes. >_> It would help us.http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=4622317&postcount=16
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=4319098&postcount=5

There. Honestly, it was 11:00 when I made the post, I need sleep. Give me a break. ;_;

Ash and co.
Seriously, how can they not see though team rockets disguises.I mean seirously its so obvious.
Ash and co? ASH AND CO?!

Almost everybody and their mothers in the Pokemon!Anime universe can't see through the Rocket's disguises. :rolleyes:

Soulworage717
10th August 2007, 5:41 AM
Huzzah. Crushing lines over lines of words.

Thanks Satoshi.

Deathrow
10th August 2007, 7:52 AM
what id like would be to get rid of team rocket and show team galactic once in a while, and 2 out of a whole gang are the idiot
and follow the game storyline 100% which a few knock offs

like real animes aint repetitive: bleach etc. but without cursing :P

and to get rid of ash and brock and make it lucas/dawn/rival journey together

ElQuinn
11th August 2007, 8:53 AM
the only thing that ever really bothered me about the show was actually the most recent episode i've seen.

The thing that bugged me was that Roark's Onix's SCREECH defeated pikachu.

Onix used Screech!
A critical hit!
Pikachu fainted

legendarypokemonjunkie17
11th August 2007, 9:00 AM
There are SO many things that bug me about the show.

1.) Ash and James' new voice actors.

2.) Ash didn't get Buizel.

3.) Wobuffet (sp?) and Meowth are just there, they do noting, they can't even battle.

4.) Ash doesn't rotate his team.

5.) Jenny is basically the only cop and Joy is basically the only nurse. Can't we have an Officer Kenny and a Doctor Roy?

6.) Ash is supposed to be one of the best trainers alive, yet he loses so many battles, he can't beat Paul. He can't beat Roark. Do you know how many water nd grass types Ash has? If he'd rotate, maybe he wouldn't lose as much.

7.) Ash declined a Frontier Brain Position. He could have said, "I accept, but I only want to become a Brain after my journey has ended." or something like that. Now when Ash's Journey ends, if it ends, he'll be a nobody with an undeveloped team.

8.) Altomare and Orre were never showcased.

9.) They screwed up with Teams Aqua and Magma, definately with Rocket too. They'll do the same thing with Galactic.

10.) Why doesn't Ash battle Giovanni in the last epi and why can't Ash catch a legend in the last epi. It's not like Ash's journey will continue after the last epi. And if Brandon and friends can have ubers than why can't Ash?

I have a lot more but be realistic, it's 4 in the morning, I need sleep.

Charlord
11th August 2007, 4:19 PM
i love the show and wouldn't have it any other way, ash is awesome, although Team Rocket is pretty weird. and if u hate pokemon so much, WHY R U ON HERE?!!

Korobooshi Kojiro
11th August 2007, 4:22 PM
Why doesn't Ash battle Giovanni in the last epi and why can't Ash catch a legend in the last ep
And...you know he doesn't...because you've seen the last episode?

That being said, E4 needs to exist in the anime.

Because Ash has already met Lucien and Cynthia, and both hinted at him battling them near then end of the season (and showing cameos of the other three members)

Amaranth
11th August 2007, 11:43 PM
The Fanbase Mainly, Well The Fact That They Moan About The Most Trivial Things Ever, Bout' It :'3

Voltrex
11th August 2007, 11:49 PM
Ash-Bashers. I hate them. We should kill them off or make them interesting.

LOL!
Yeah, thats true. I mean, im glad he doesnt win all the time, though he should alot more.

*Shot by Cenzo*

morefirepokemon
11th August 2007, 11:51 PM
that pikachu can beat brandons regice and loose to pauls elekid
it also beat dragonite and got beat by garys eevee
why does pikachu seem strong then weak

Chaos Rush
11th August 2007, 11:57 PM
The Pokemon anime started getting boring in the Hoenn series.

And no TysonKO, The Simpsons aired its first episode in 1989, and Pokemon did in Japan in 1997. Southpark also started several months before Pokemon did.

Anaya
12th August 2007, 12:04 AM
Whenever Team Rocket comes and they all say: "Team Rocket!" as if they already didn't know. :/.

Charlord
12th August 2007, 12:42 AM
that pikachu can beat brandons regice and loose to pauls elekid
it also beat dragonite and got beat by garys eevee
why does pikachu seem strong then weak

some pokemon are tough even if they haven't evolved (i.e. elekid, eevee) and some people have different battle strategies, duh

keimist
12th August 2007, 1:09 AM
How they always take out episodes and edit things out.

>/

Korobooshi Kojiro
12th August 2007, 1:12 AM
Um...what?

Pokemon is barely edited and they've taken about 4 episodes out of 500+

thunderblade12
12th August 2007, 7:10 AM
the FCC, same thing that bugs me about most dubbed anime

Satoshi
12th August 2007, 7:22 AM
the FCC, same thing that bugs me about most dubbed anime
Because Pokemon has the most vile content. :rolleyes: They don't even have to bother with Pokemon. o_O

The FCC doesn't affect most dubbed anime because most dubbed are on VHS/DVD. ~~;;

mewmew202
12th August 2007, 8:36 PM
I think there should be an episode where Team Rocket takes Pikachu, run off to the base in Johto (not existant yet) they need to call all major charecters back and have a rescue mission in Johto.

damasta
12th August 2007, 8:41 PM
Here's what bugs me about the tv show.
WILD STARTERS!
Why can't we have them in the games?!

Satoshi
12th August 2007, 8:46 PM
Here's what bugs me about the tv show.
WILD STARTERS!
Why can't we have them in the games?!
Because the anime doesn't want to treat them as an endangered species (not really, but it's friggin close enough in the games). -_-

Games don't have wild starters.

The anime does.

Why?

Because we're not catching anything in the anime. The characters in the anime don't exist. They're all "NPCs". There's nothing unfair about it.

TraverseTown
12th August 2007, 9:26 PM
The thing that bus me is that we don't see enough of Misty's Goldeen.

Surreal
14th August 2007, 11:06 AM
The thing that bus me is that we don't see enough of Misty's Goldeen.
Why? Not like it did anything.

Garmmon
14th August 2007, 11:20 AM
Lotsa things about Pokemon anime bugs me. In fact, I don't even like Pokemon anime...*prepares to get bashed*

First is plot. The biggest mistake. How come the plot in each episode is so similar, take away the new faces and put the same ones on them, the eps would more or less be similar. What episode in this anime does not include at least one of these:

-Ash and friends meet new trainer/coordinator/leader/person
-TR appears and tries to steal Pikachu/new Pokemon
-TR gets blasted off
-Ash wins some sort of battle/Dawn or May win some contest

It's too predictable that it's annoying.

Next, Ash almost always wins. I feel it's not fair (the biggest reason why I dislike Ash; bash me if you want, Ash fans). Ash always seems to get away with it, with his Pokemon always 'getting up' at his will, and miraculously defeat an enemy that has been dealt lass damage than Ash's Pokemon has received. Same goes for contests.

And...why does TR always get the lousy Pokemon? D: I mean, Ash always seems to get the better ones. I so wanted TR to keep Charizard and Aggron; they're mistreating TR. Making them blast off like that every episode. >O

And one last thing. TR wears some dumb disguise that fails to conceal their identity from us viewers, and Ash always fails to spot TR until they take their disguises off.

This all sounds like I'm flaming the anime, but I'm not, really...I just dislike it for these few things.

Charlord
15th August 2007, 12:15 AM
Lotsa things about Pokemon anime bugs me. In fact, I don't even like Pokemon anime...*prepares to get bashed*

First is plot. The biggest mistake. How come the plot in each episode is so similar, take away the new faces and put the same ones on them, the eps would more or less be similar. What episode in this anime does not include at least one of these:

-TR gets blasted off

Next, Ash almost always wins. I feel it's not fair (the biggest reason why I dislike Ash; bash me if you want, Ash fans). Ash always seems to get away with it, with his Pokemon always 'getting up' at his will, and miraculously defeat an enemy that has been dealt lass damage than Ash's Pokemon has received. Same goes for contests.

And...why does TR always get the lousy Pokemon? D: I mean, Ash always seems to get the better ones. I so wanted TR to keep Charizard and Aggron; they're mistreating TR. Making them blast off like that every episode. >O

And one last thing. TR wears some dumb disguise that fails to conceal their identity from us viewers, and Ash always fails to spot TR until they take their disguises off.

This all sounds like I'm flaming the anime, but I'm not, really...I just dislike it for these few things.

1 team rocket is evil so they should get blated off
2 it's not always the same!
i hate it how people say every episodes the same, and lastly if u hate it so much why do u watch it and why r u on here, well, i can pretty much on here 2 complain about stuff

Satoshi
15th August 2007, 12:34 AM
1 team rocket is evil so they should get blated off
Which is boring. Just once, can we have the bad guys win with the heroes UNABLE to retaliate? That could make some pretty good plots.

2 it's not always the same!
Where have you been?

Satoshi and his friends are walking along the trail, *OH NOEZ POKEMON OUT OF CONTROL*, Filler character #1000000: "OH NOEZ [insert Pokemon's name]!!! COME BACK!!!!!", blah blah blah introductions, Rocket Gang plans to steal the Pokemon, they battle, *insert explosions*, "YANNA KANJI!!!!!"

Even most of the people who enjoy the Pokemon anime can notice the obvious formula that each episode has.

i hate it how people say every episodes the same, and lastly if u hate it so much why do u watch it and why r u on here, well, i can pretty much on here 2 complain about stuffIt's a forum where you share your opinions. He wasn't flaming the Pokemon anime, he was just pointing out the things he didn't like about it. --;; Calm down.

Arceus Master
15th August 2007, 12:34 AM
What bugs me is that they always fall for Team Rocket's disguses! James could put on a mustance and they would think he is something else.

iraqmaster
15th August 2007, 3:26 PM

-TR gets blasted off

I so agree with you! I wish Team Rocket was a real threat like they were in the first few episodes, not the wannabe losers they are now! of course, even back in the Kanto Episodes when they first aired, i wish Team Rocket would just give up. they have been chasing the same group of trainers for 10 years ( in our time, don't know how long in the Pokemon Universe). you think they would have realized by now that Pikachu will never be theirs.

now don't get me wrong; they are good trainers, to a certain extent. but give them some decent pokemon, not ones that try to bite James' head off every time it comes out of the pokeball, or ones that get defeated very easily.

And another thing. you know how in the first season, whenever Ash had met somebody, most of them he said that he will meet them again someday? well, what happened?! i remember Gisabelle, AJ, The Eevee Brothers, etc... i want to know how they are doing.

Linkdarkside
15th August 2007, 3:30 PM
the ting that bug me is Team rocket iterupting good battles

Xx-Endless_Summer-xX
16th August 2007, 10:08 AM
the thing that bugs me the most is that its no longer as interesting as before. They are running out of ideas and the show is in need of a change. it keeps folloing the same patterns over and over and over again. the AG series was boring becuase all the characters had just plain nice personalities, so there was no conflict and it was just a...boring mix of politeness XD
the Kanto series was new, interesting and had different personalties. That made it good.

Battleing is getting boring too. Though, they can only come up with so many styles and such, but i think they just need to brighten up Ash and his friends personalities. And then there is Team Rocket. they are VERY boring. they come in, (same pattern again) battle hopelessly, then blast off. they don't even try anymore...they use to come up with big, funny schemes, but now, they just dont. and what happened to those stupid disguises?? I mean, James dressing up in a tutu and Jessie in a suit, in an underwater show!! that is what i'm talking about, they just dont do that anymore! they need to be more...out there. and so do Ash and co.!

so there, i rest my case! XD

R3b3lSarge
16th August 2007, 8:18 PM
hey i like team rocket! they provide most of the lulz for this show. i just hate how they never come up with a decent plan to catch pikachu. they always have use a giant robot or something

Charlord
16th August 2007, 9:11 PM
the thing that bugs me the most is that its no longer as interesting as before. They are running out of ideas and the show is in need of a change. it keeps folloing the same patterns over and over and over again. the AG series was boring becuase all the characters had just plain nice personalities, so there was no conflict and it was just a...boring mix of politeness XD
the Kanto series was new, interesting and had different personalties. That made it good.

Battleing is getting boring too. Though, they can only come up with so many styles and such, but i think they just need to brighten up Ash and his friends personalities. And then there is Team Rocket. they are VERY boring. they come in, (same pattern again) battle hopelessly, then blast off. they don't even try anymore...they use to come up with big, funny schemes, but now, they just dont. and what happened to those stupid disguises?? I mean, James dressing up in a tutu and Jessie in a suit, in an underwater show!! that is what i'm talking about, they just dont do that anymore! they need to be more...out there. and so do Ash and co.!

so there, i rest my case! XD

sigh, some people just won't realize how good the show really is

Xx-Endless_Summer-xX
17th August 2007, 7:34 AM
hey, i love pokemon! dont get me wrong! i just think it could use some changes :p

Laser Shuckle
17th August 2007, 7:37 AM
yeah team rocket is just annoying as hell now. what bugs me is how ash and co. act so Surprised to see them every fricken time.

Drkecho
17th August 2007, 7:39 AM
Repeated storyline simple as that

dragon122
17th August 2007, 12:58 PM
pikachu(he needs to evolve to raichu or a new evo for pikachu that wil come in a new generation of pokemon i hope
sorry but i gotta post i hate the voices we got in the netherlands

The Benmeister
17th August 2007, 3:53 PM
The fact that it evidently sucks and yet I'm hooked on it like a respirator.

Poke'T<3
17th August 2007, 4:02 PM
Team Rocket i like them acctually but i wish they would only appear like maybe every 3 episodes with somthing so they have time to come up with a good plan but i hope that it never acctually works, i also hate how they still make ash look like a little kid and dawn looks like she is already about as good of a trainer as him....

Rex Kamex
17th August 2007, 7:34 PM
Some more for me... I don't think the show is going that far in the long run. Ash has made plenty of progress in smaller ways, like getting badges and catching, raising, and evolving Pokemon. But we don't know how close Ash is to becoming a Master. We basically know nothing about what Ash is doing in the long run. We just assume that getting badges and entering leagues will make him a step closer to being a Master.

(Still, I personally don't see Ash becoming a Master simply by winning a league.)

I hope the series does more than just have Ash go from region to region with Brock and the girl of the current generation. The fact that they don't keep track of time makes things even more endless. (I don't want Dawn to leave simply to be replaced by the 5th generation girl. If there were, say, 100 more generations, should they all have to be with Ash traveling with Brock/some guy, and the girl of the generation? What's so cool about Dawn, or even the 5th generation girl, or any girl, if they're only good for one region? I know I'm exaggerating a little there, but still...)

(Wait a minute, I said all this already. Whoops.)

I also wish there were two guys and two girls in the group. Some people have said that the writers can't handle four people at once, and I disagree with that. The writers just have to give everyone something more than decent to do. Back in AG, they could've had everybody stay fresh if May did slightly more and did some of the Hoenn things that she did in Battle Frontier (like May's expedition and her shopping obsession).

They could've had Brock help May's Pokemon with her breeding skills. Brock could also teach Ash and co. how to cook things. Max could've interacted with May more (since they were siblings), and the PokeNav he had should've had more features than just the map one.

Now, with the repetition in each episode, I do wish that JJ&M could succeed more in their catching of Pokemon, at least for a while. They managed to (intentionally) take Ditto back in that Kanto episode, for a brief period of time. I also wish the Team Rocket organization would do more missions in Hoenn and Sinnoh without relying only on JJ&M. If they're gonna take over the world or whatever they're gonna do, they really DO need to extend their reach to the stars above.

I'm also bothered that many characters-of-the-episode never show up again, and are not necessarilly that interesting. We don't really see them interact with side characters of other episodes. And we never see people like Steven and Mr. Briney again. Wallace doesn't show up at all.

(On a completely different note, I notice that there is repetition in people saying how each episode is always full of "Ash and co. meet while Pokemon/filler character- wild Pokemon has problem- Team Rocket steals Pokemon- Ash and co. save the day- Team Rocket blast off- Ash promises to meet the character again- sunset". Also, the games are pretty repetitive too.)

pikachu(he needs to evolve to raichu or a new evo for pikachu that wil come in a new generation of pokemon i hope
sorry but i gotta post i hate the voices we got in the netherlands

Pikachu will never evolve. It's said before that it didn't want to before, and now it definately won't know that it's stronger.

Even if it did evolve, it would still be defeated as many times as it were a Pikachu. (Not that I'm saying Pikachu's an absolute loser, cause it isn't.)

Satoshi
17th August 2007, 9:14 PM
And another thing. you know how in the first season, whenever Ash had met somebody, most of them he said that he will meet them again someday? well, what happened?! i remember Gisabelle, AJ, The Eevee Brothers, etc... i want to know how they are doing.The producers generally decided to f*ck and dump continuity after they decided to extend the show for another batch of episodes. Turns out that meant "extend it for another 10 years and counting".

They do. They're not afraid to admit that the show they watch and enjoy is "bad", which is how "good" it really is.

One of the only times the anime has displayed to us "average" quality is in the movies.

#Gecko#
18th August 2007, 4:50 PM
I just wish Ash would use Pikachu attack during Team Rocket's Motto

NovaNight
19th August 2007, 2:19 AM
The fact that Ash leaves all his Pokémon behind ( with Oak ) and then never put them back in his team and yet there always happy to see him. Id be outragged. If he really wanted a fresh start hed take his weakest Pokémon and leave Pikachu there as well. So Ashs fresh starts anoy me to no end

pipersgirl™
19th August 2007, 2:20 AM
It pisses me off to no end that the characters all say things at the same exact time.

LightningTrainer
19th August 2007, 2:27 AM
One of the most annoying things is Ash's voice, let's say his voice is changing, but can't his voice become normal and at least stay that way for a while.

Also, in the games beating the elite four makes you league champion, but Ash has come across so many Elite Four members, and still either can't or doesn't challenge them. I'm not talking about ending the series, just to battle them in a normal Pokemon battle.

Drkecho
19th August 2007, 2:58 AM
sigh, some people just won't realize how good the show really isThe show is far from good. You can't just toss the fact that they repeat. Its not minor, its HUGE. Repeating the storyline has gotten the anime a bad reputation. Now people think its just a marketing scam to showcase the games, which I see it too if you can't make a decent anime. It just gets less mature every episode, they've had Ash for 11 years.

Cenzo
19th August 2007, 3:01 AM
^Fans like this guy.

Drkecho
19th August 2007, 3:09 AM
Damn right they do

Cenzo
19th August 2007, 3:10 AM
What's the problem with keeping Ash? He's as much of a mascot as Pikachu by now.

Drkecho
19th August 2007, 3:16 AM
What's the problem with keeping Ash? He's as much of a mascot as Pikachu by now.Its just that he's been there for so much, that the "charm" he had since season one was lost. Unlike shows such as Yu-Gi-Oh and Naruto you can actually replace Ash. I mean the show is not called Ashemon is it? See as how in episode he is utter owned by noob trainers right? Yet he was able to defeat the Battle Frontier. Now that already is throwing character devolpement out the window. But with a new character that doesn't seem like much of a deal due to the fact that we didn't have them for 700 damn episodes.

Bunnyzilla
19th August 2007, 4:41 AM
I can't wait till TR finally hands over Pikachu and Giovanni says, "What the f*ck is this? Pikachu?! Get this sh*t out of my face!"

uber gon
19th August 2007, 6:43 AM
There's really not many resolved plots. THAT bugs me. Well, that AND there being not much news on old characters. How IS May doing anyway?

Outlawz
19th August 2007, 10:30 AM
It's existance.

eimajamie
19th August 2007, 2:16 PM
There's really not many resolved plots. THAT bugs me. Well, that AND there being not much news on old characters. How IS May doing anyway?

I Agree with this

Leona
19th August 2007, 2:53 PM
when they make tiny errors >_>
They should know better.

MidnightTheMightyena
19th August 2007, 6:34 PM
Type match ups are really not that effective. Like squirtle can use water gun on mudkip and it will do ALOT of damage. Not reasonable.. ;262;

Rex Kamex
20th August 2007, 3:41 AM
I can't wait till TR finally hands over Pikachu and Giovanni says, "What the f*ck is this? Pikachu?! Get this sh*t out of my face!"

And that's when Pikachu shocks it, causing Giovanni to realize its strength...

I don't know why I added on to that.

Mileyangel
20th August 2007, 6:14 AM
I know this is obvious, but Brock's a total perv. Not a good message for kids.

Drkecho
20th August 2007, 7:27 AM
I know this is obvious, but Brock's a total perv. Not a good message for kids.Yes and having little creatures beat the crap out of each other is?

pipersgirl™
20th August 2007, 7:31 AM
Yes and having little creatures beat the crap out of each other is?

True, so true.

Team Rocket should be dead with all the blasting off they have done. Ash and comp. are extremely stupid. They should know by now not to trust anyone with long red hari or short blue hair, or a very short, talking man.

Drkecho
20th August 2007, 7:36 AM
Team Rocket should be dead with all the blasting off they have done. Ash and comp. are extremely stupid. They should know by now not to trust anyone with long red hari or short blue hair, or a very short, talking man.Because of that I have the right to say that anyone who tags along with Ash is a total retard

Rex Kamex
20th August 2007, 9:35 PM
I know this is obvious, but Brock's a total perv. Not a good message for kids.

Brock's flirting with every woman seen is not the same as being a perv. It's not sane, but (except in one episode where he wanted to see a water show thinking there would be girls in swimsuits) all he's basically doing is saying how beautiful they are and asking to go on a date with them or whatever. That's not perv-like.

I also don't see how kids (or anyone) could take Brock's flirting seriously. People keep acting like the show's encouraging stuff like this.

Mileyangel
23rd August 2007, 1:11 AM
Brock's flirting with every woman seen is not the same as being a perv. It's not sane, but (except in one episode where he wanted to see a water show thinking there would be girls in swimsuits) all he's basically doing is saying how beautiful they are and asking to go on a date with them or whatever. That's not perv-like.

I also don't see how kids (or anyone) could take Brock's flirting seriously. People keep acting like the show's encouraging stuff like this.

Yeah, you're right. And, it seems like this has become a bashing thread. Earlier, I was only listing things I didn't care for. I like the anime, but personally, I like the manga(pokemon special) a lot better.

OverlordPhoros
23rd August 2007, 1:18 AM
I personally don't like the new mentality of "Oh you'll do well" and "Your going to win for sure!" talk they do in the later series. Preferred it alot more when they used to mock Ash for either "Getting Pity Badges" or for how stubborn he was. The light hearted mocking was alot better than all this lovey-dovey non-negativity act they always have now. Bring back the constant bickering between the main characters!

Charlord
23rd August 2007, 12:28 PM
Yeah, you're right. And, it seems like this has become a bashing thread. Earlier, I was only listing things I didn't care for. I like the anime, but personally, I like the manga(pokemon special) a lot better.

yeah, ur right i mean the show doesn't have 2 be like the game, and it doesn't have 2 be realistic, it should change from anime discussion 2 poke bashing discussion

uber gon
23rd August 2007, 5:26 PM
Not much story. I've played the game "Okami" and I'm surprised Pokémon can still be popular with games like this around. There's A LOT more story to it.

If "Okami" was made into an Animé, it'd be MUCH better than "Pokémon."

Mileyangel
24th August 2007, 12:41 AM
Just one more bashing comment. The plot is the same every season. Ash trying to become a "pokemon master". What the hell is a pokemon master?

uber gon
24th August 2007, 12:48 AM
Just one more bashing comment. The plot is the same every season. Ash trying to become a "pokemon master". What the hell is a pokemon master?

That's another thing that bugs me, not much explainations towards some positions in the animé.

Drkecho
24th August 2007, 3:17 AM
Just one more bashing comment. The plot is the same every season. Ash trying to become a "pokemon master". What the hell is a pokemon master?Like I said before it was an idea at the begging of the series but it just got scrapped and forgotten forever. Ash's constant stream of stupidity dumped something that could've been interesting

Poke'T<3
24th August 2007, 4:18 AM
I for one am sick of Ash looking like the underdog he has been at all of this for a long time and i hate how dawn already looks as good as him that is stupid she just started he should be able to beat all her pokemon with only one thunderbolt i hope turtwig learns some really cool move soon like grass knot or somthing the thing that bugs me most is how they all call him like kid or whimp when they are all the same age right? arent gary, paul, and misty his same age... pikachu should be able to kick serious butt no problem... and team rocket is a pretty interesting idea and all but they are driving me insane but it does seem like during sinnoh he is having more trouble with them i think team rocket should start showing up about once every 3 or 4 episodes

Satoshi
24th August 2007, 5:56 AM
Like I said before it was an idea at the begging of the series but it just got scrapped and forgotten forever. Ash's constant stream of stupidity dumped something that could've been interestingUm, he still wants to be a Pokemon Master. The writers just never told us how to become one, and it's too important to dump because it established his journey in the first place. Heck, we never saw how Kasumi aims to be a "Water Pokemon Master" even though she mentioned it once in a while.

Of course, the writers ignoring such an important aspect in this series proves how inconsistent it is.

Mileyangel
24th August 2007, 6:02 AM
I don't think Ash even knows WHAT he wants to be anymore.

To Poke't<3, I TOTALLY agree with the underdog thing. Come on, Ash! Give someone else the spot light once in a while!

I posted these reasons before, but here they are again:

Here's my list of annoyances

1. TR- I admit they're funny sometimes, and I liked them at first, but the show up EVERY SINGLE MOTHER FREAKING EPISODE!!!! Good God!! They do the same thing every time! Try to steal Pikachu, almost suceed, and then fail horribly. And where the hell do they get the money for the machines they use? If I were Giovanni, I would't even give them a dime.

2. Ash's Battles- They are cool sometimes, but Ash always uses the same tatics and moves. Also, they could space out the battles. Ash always has a battle in at least once per episode.

3. Ash is Gay- I've only seen Ash hit on a girl once, and that was in the first season. Either he's gay or has not gotten hormones.

4. Gym Leaders are Weak- with the exeption of Norman(my fave!!!) and a few others, the gym battles only take about 15 minutes. Norman and Winona's battles were full episode lengnthed, but most others went down in half that time.

5. Ash's Team is weak- Ash should get some bigger, stronger Pokemon. He always gets small, basic ones.

6. Ash Dumps his Team Every Season or Region- He kicks them to the curb like they're some cheap girlfriend. He should stick to a team at least two seasons, instead of just taking Pikachu.

7. Pikachu-Pikachu is always being stolen and being the only Pokemon Ash takes with him. Don't get me wrong, Pikachu is cute, but he's not the cutest.

Drkecho
24th August 2007, 6:04 AM
Um, he still wants to be a Pokemon Master. The writers just never told us how to become one, and it's too important to dump because it established his journey in the first place. Heck, we never saw how Kasumi aims to be a "Water Pokemon Master" even though she mentioned it once in a while.

Of course, the writers ignoring such an important aspect in this series proves how inconsistent it is. Yes but now he just seems like a robot. He's just here to collect badges and to get his *** handed to him at the E4

Mythic Mist
24th August 2007, 7:53 AM
The lack of bathing suit episodes

Rex Kamex
24th August 2007, 7:57 PM

It's the second one. Except for that episode, he's been pretty dense about love for the most part. (Besides, Ash has never hit on a guy, has he?)

He's still gotten like Charizard, Swellow, Sceptile, and Glalie. And even the ones that haven't evolved to pretty well in battle.

Pikachu's the mascot. :p

(Besides, if Nintendo ever did decide to change the mascot, people would be complaining about who it was and why "that Pokemon" got to be the mascot instead of "this Pokemon".)

realarcastform
24th August 2007, 8:07 PM
That our hopes of a cool capture are smooshed, case in point Hippopotas and Buizel. The writers are really getting me angry lately, do they care about their fans? That we want unexpected captures, none of this “Get ...”. Also go over six we need one with Oak again like old times. His current roster isn't gonna cut it for the gyms ahead. Ash is really cocky to think that any of his four could beat them, how about Lucario dude?!

Rex Kamex
24th August 2007, 8:34 PM
I've seen pretty much every dub episode of D/P, but Ash has never run into either of those Pokemon...

Um, he still wants to be a Pokemon Master. The writers just never told us how to become one, and it's too important to dump because it established his journey in the first place. Heck, we never saw how Kasumi aims to be a "Water Pokemon Master" even though she mentioned it once in a while.

Of course, the writers ignoring such an important aspect in this series proves how inconsistent it is.

That one's even more random, since she's the only one who even mentioned that term.

(But yeah, the Master thing is a problem for me.)

Charlord
24th August 2007, 9:24 PM
The lack of bathing suit episodes

u r a freak

uber gon
25th August 2007, 10:51 AM
Ash getting beaten by the filler character in a league. Yeah, I know he beat Morrison, but COME ON!

Okami
25th August 2007, 10:58 AM
Hardly any of ash's pokemon evolving. In the johto league only Bayleef evolved, and noctowl was caught as noctowl so it doesnt really count.

And he wanders why he cant win a pokemon league XD

Leona
25th August 2007, 12:29 PM
change Jessie and James and replace with Butch and Cassidy please :|

Solair Wright
25th August 2007, 12:37 PM
I agree. Jessie and James are getting too cliche these days. And they keep on getting blasted off again and again. Okay, it's funny the first few times. Not anymore.

Rex Kamex
25th August 2007, 2:08 PM
Butch and Cassidy are basically like Jessie and James now.

Hardly any of ash's pokemon evolving. In the johto league only Bayleef evolved, and noctowl was caught as noctowl so it doesnt really count.

And he wanders why he cant win a pokemon league XD

Evolution does not automatically equal a league victory. (Now, if every Pokemon of his was as strong as Pikachu when they entered the league- assuming that they really aren't- then maybe they'd have a chance.)

Ridley-X4
25th August 2007, 3:07 PM
Everything.

Charlord
25th August 2007, 3:10 PM
Everything.

get over it

DomeFossil
25th August 2007, 3:13 PM
The fact that the show's content is marketed at either very small children (and gives every pokefan a bad name) or potatoes. Oh yeah, and the above dude; he IS over it, that's why he probably doesnt watch the show and why he's posting that.

Drkecho
25th August 2007, 11:59 PM
Everything.He does have a really good point.

Rapidashlover82
26th August 2007, 12:03 AM
I think Jessie and James should cry onto Meowth to make it evolve just like they did with Ekans and Koffing.

Mello
26th August 2007, 2:01 AM
Pikachu sending team rocket blasting off in every frikin episode and Ash ALWAYS having to use Pikachu in nearly every major battle. What happened to the others? Give them a shot Ash >:[.

Hydrohs
26th August 2007, 2:04 AM
I don't even watch it anymore, the voices make me wanna cry.

Leona
26th August 2007, 2:04 AM
hmm, i'd like to also point out Ash barely catches strong pokemon, it's annoying for him to keep catching baby pokemon, after all he isnt a baby anymore, geez. ;\

Broken_Hearted
26th August 2007, 2:09 AM
It's the second one. Except for that episode, he's been pretty dense about love for the most part. (Besides, Ash has never hit on a guy, has he?)

Actually, in one episode Ash dressed up in drag and Brock hit on him. And from what I've seen, Brock never mistakes people. All of the time he's been able to tell when Jessie is pretending to be Nurse Joy....

-Bouldershipping Rules!!!-

mystkmastkal
26th August 2007, 2:23 AM
Actually, in one episode Ash dressed up in drag and Brock hit on him. And from what I've seen, Brock never mistakes people. All of the time he's been able to tell when Jessie is pretending to be Nurse Joy....

-Bouldershipping Rules!!!-

ash has dressed up as a girl like 2 times before one time to get into eirkas gym and the other was to help someone out

Drkecho
26th August 2007, 2:35 AM
hmm, i'd like to also point out Ash barely catches strong pokemon, it's annoying for him to keep catching baby pokemon, after all he isnt a baby anymore, geez. ;\His maturity level and IQ matches a baby, so why not let him be one

Charlord
26th August 2007, 4:15 AM
His maturity level and IQ matches a baby, so why not let him be one

that was stupid, he is mature in the nower day episodes and he's always been as smart as anybody

Drkecho
26th August 2007, 7:13 AM
that was stupid, he is mature in the nower day episodes and he's always been as smart as anybodyReally? All he wants to ****ing do all day is battle. And if he was smart then he wouldn't have a problem looking through Team Rocket disguises.

Reign G
26th August 2007, 9:08 AM
No one can see through their disguises, not even Oak. (Granted, every time they've been disguised when Oak was around, the disguises were pretty good...) So don't go blaming only Ash.

What bugs me about the anime? Team Rocket. They're dull and I want them to go. The only good side to them is Wobbufett and the Magikarp Salesman. Other then them, nothing bugs me about the anime directly, but indirectly...I hate all those Pokemon fans who hate the anime because ti doesn't follow the games.

Also, Drkecho. It sounds like you hate the anime, based on your recent posts. If so, why are you in the Anime section?

Rex Kamex
26th August 2007, 5:47 PM

Now that was a moment just put there for laughs (and also caused a plot hole without realizing it). Still, it wasn't Ash he was trying to flirt with, even though he was making a mistake.

Drkecho
26th August 2007, 5:54 PM
No one can see through their disguises, not even Oak. (Granted, every time they've been disguised when Oak was around, the disguises were pretty good...) So don't go blaming only Ash.Yes then I guess everyone is retarded

What bugs me about the anime? Team Rocket. They're dull and I want them to go. The only good side to them is Wobbufett and the Magikarp Salesmaan.The anime would have exactly no point if Team Rocket wasn't there.

Also, Drkecho. It sounds like you hate the anime, based on your recent posts. If so, why are you in the Anime section?Because there is no damn place saying I can't be here just because I don't like the anime, sorry man loophole in the forums.

Pokefunguy
26th August 2007, 8:02 PM
The fact that it doesn't even seem like an anime anymore just a cartoon.
;104;

ShadowDragon16
26th August 2007, 8:42 PM
The Lack of Screentime and Pokemon Ash has been recieveing, they should be at the third gym by now.

Piplup and Pikachu being overused more than the other pokemon.

The Time distance between captures: Ash haveing 4 pokemon before episode 5 and Dawn having three straight captures in a row.

Having Brock and Dawn have new pokemon while Ash is stuck with the same old ones.

Sir Devious
26th August 2007, 8:44 PM
The Lack of Screentime and Pokemon Ash has been recieveing, they should be at the third gym by now.

Piplup and Pikachu being overused more than the other pokemon.

The Time distance between captures: Ash haveing 4 pokemon before episode 5 and Dawn having three straight captures in a row.

Having Brock and Dawn have new pokemon while Ash is stuck with the same old ones.

Well Im sure Aipom will evolve eventually... =/

zeno48
27th August 2007, 2:47 AM
Paul not being in the group and ash beating strong pokemon but losing to weak one's. After all these years of experience he still continues to make some rookie mistakes and the writers feel the need to let it slide. Paul not joining the group! Am I missing something?

Crystal Clair
27th August 2007, 4:55 AM
one of the only things that really bugs me is the animation. Shinji can be drawn quite weirdly sometimes, and then there's the whole Kinoshita thing
nothing really worth mentioning bugs me now in the show, except for Gary returning, but then again, I dont like him
I also wish they'd play more game songs in the show but meh

Drkecho
27th August 2007, 5:03 AM
Paul not being in the group and ash beating strong pokemon but losing to weak one's. After all these years of experience he still continues to make some rookie mistakes and the writers feel the need to let it slide.Because think, if his experience as a trainer kept stacking up then he would KO everyone with Pikachu in one hit

Infernape55
27th August 2007, 5:44 AM
For me, its the titles...

Is it just me, or has every other title in Seasons 9 and 10 had the same formula:

"____ing the ___ that ___" or "____ing a ____ ____"

Aaron_fan
27th August 2007, 5:48 AM
Not many things bug me in the show. It's either the animation or the lack of threatening villains/tention in a situation. :\

As for the show right now, I really wouldn't mind something more from Team Galactic than a 12-second cameo.

Blackjack Gabbiani
27th August 2007, 5:58 AM
The fact that it doesn't even seem like an anime anymore just a cartoon.
;104;

You DO realize, of course, that the two are the same thing, right?

Anyway, it's been ages since we got any new Rockets. I think Tyson was the last one introduced (or was it the Delibird woman and Wendy? I can't remember which ep came last). If they're holding off this long giving us any other recurring organization, the least they could do is add to it. Or let us see Mondo on the show.

And give us a movie where Ash is religated to the sidelines and one of his friends takes the reigns. Brock hasn't gotten to do jack in the movies.

Reign G
27th August 2007, 9:01 AM
Yes then I guess everyone is retarded.
Actually a popular belief is that the costumes are, in the world the reality of the characters, quite good. It's just they make it obvious to the viewers can know it's TR

The anime would have exactly no point if Team Rocket wasn't there.
Well, that's your opinion. But I personally hate them.

Because there is no damn place saying I can't be here just because I don't like the anime, sorry man loophole in the forums.
True. Nothing is stopping you from coming to the section of the Forums. I'd just like to know why you do if you hate the Anime.

Drkecho
27th August 2007, 9:05 AM
Actually a popular belief is that the costumes are, in the world the reality of the characters, quite good. It's just they make it obvious to the viewers can know it's TRYou just answered yourself

Well, that's your opinion. But I personally hate them.It has been argued many times. There will be a big time gap if Team Rocket wasn't there

This is dumb, this argument will get no where and will end up with someone bringing up fanboyish answers.

uber gon
27th August 2007, 6:56 PM
I still say neglecting CERTAIN old characters.

Kenpachi
27th August 2007, 7:01 PM
I hate how they always have someone to pull Brock away from girls.
Espically when most of them are lonely and live alone working with Pokemon.

Satoshi
27th August 2007, 7:49 PM
Now that was a moment just put there for laughs (and also caused a plot hole without realizing it). Still, it wasn't Ash he was trying to flirt with, even though he was making a mistake.
For once, may we not look at it as a plot hole? It may have a deeper meaning. ;)

uber gon
27th August 2007, 7:55 PM
I hate how they always have someone to pull Brock away from girls.
Espically when most of them are lonely and live alone working with Pokemon.

Meh, it's still a little disturbing.

Leona
27th August 2007, 8:06 PM
Whenever they're in an awkward position, they always make drips of sweat, and now THAT is annoying.

Satoshi
27th August 2007, 8:17 PM
Whenever they're in an awkward position, they always make drips of sweat, and now THAT is annoying.It's an anime cliche. So you shouldn't fault the show just for that. o_O;

Crasher
27th August 2007, 8:32 PM
they run stupidly. a 5 year old can run faster.

Satoshi
27th August 2007, 8:38 PM
they run stupidly. a 5 year old can run faster.Did you try reading what you wrote before you posted?

You're questioning the physical abilities of hand drawn characters... when you should really question the physical abilities of the artists themselves.

CyberCubed
27th August 2007, 8:45 PM
A problem I've had is the writers only tend to channel the focus to a select few characters. Ash, May, Dawn and Team Rocket seem to be the only ones that are given proper character arcs.

Max and Tracey were never meant to be major characters in the first place, so their character arcs weren't terribly exciting.

Then there's Misty and Brock, and boy, while both of them started off as awesome characters, both suffered due to neglect by the writers. They did manage to do Misty justice after she left the show though, and at least Brock has Croagunk now, but man, I generally feel sorry for the fanbases of both those characters. I really wouldn't be able to tolerate my favorite characters being treated like they were, so its obvious why their fanbases go through so much pain and grief. Just damn.

Charlord
27th August 2007, 8:49 PM
Yes then I guess everyone is retarded

The anime would have exactly no point if Team Rocket wasn't there.

Because there is no damn place saying I can't be here just because I don't like the anime, sorry man loophole in the forums.

well then just get off the forums, all people like u and aegisx do all day on the forums is just complain, complain, complain about things that r cool. about the disguises, it's a kid's show, besides, if somebody that u know put on elaborit disguises u wouldn't recognize them. and the show would have a point without team rocket, they just make the show better

Satoshi
27th August 2007, 8:55 PM
This forum would be pretty boring if all the opinions people had to give were "This show rox0rz!!!" over and over again...

As long as they come up with valid reasons on why they hate it, I don't see the problem.

PsychedelicJellyfish
27th August 2007, 10:06 PM
The fact that Pikachu can knock out Ground types with Electric moves. I don't care if he's freakin' supercharged, that-can-not-happen!

Kenpachi
27th August 2007, 10:24 PM
Meh, it's still a little disturbing.
WHat do you find disturbing?

That the writers never let Brock get his mac on?

That if he did get hocked up, he’d ditch Ash for true happiness?

That he gets cut off before the girls can answer? (When they know they’d give into their hormones and jump up on Brock in a heartbeat.)

PaulFan1517
27th August 2007, 10:28 PM
This isnt' really something that bugs me about the show it is just something I wish it wasn't like. This might sound really weird but I miss ash's really cocky attitude and how he felt he could have defeated anyone. I wish he acted like that more. I think that nowadays he is too nice . Although I have to admit he is still competitive.

Kenpachi
27th August 2007, 10:37 PM
This isnt' really something that bugs me about the show it is just something I wish it wasn't like. This might sound really weird but I miss ash's really cocky attitude and how he felt he could have defeated anyone. I wish he acted like that more. I think that nowadays he is too nice . Although I have to admit he is still competitive.
I think thats because Ash has matured (but not phsyically) and know he knows he can't beat everyone just cause he is the main character.

Charlord
27th August 2007, 11:16 PM
This forum would be pretty boring if all the opinions people had to give were "This show rox0rz!!!" over and over again...

As long as they come up with valid reasons on why they hate it, I don't see the problem.

i know, but i 'm tired of everybody saying "ash is an a**hole", maybe debate of an episode or character or pokemon or battle etc. i have no problem with people saying their opinion but people like Darkecho (or whatever it is ) and Aegisx whose every post is trashing pokemon. plus and there are more people who hate it than like it

uber gon
27th August 2007, 11:58 PM
WHat do you find disturbing?

That the writers never let Brock get his mac on?

That if he did get hocked up, he’d ditch Ash for true happiness?

That he gets cut off before the girls can answer? (When they know they’d give into their hormones and jump up on Brock in a heartbeat.)

Well, couldn't he hit on girls in a less Miroku-ish manner?

Drkecho
28th August 2007, 2:44 AM
well then just get off the forums,How about no
all people like u and aegisx do all day on the forums is just complainMaybe because we are intelligent talkers (Well Aegis is),
complain, complain about things that r coolWe call that flameing.
about the disguises, it's a kid's show, besides, if somebody that u know put on elaborit disguises u wouldn't recognize them.They may be kids but they're not blind
and the show would have a point without team rocket, they just make the show betterThat made no sense towards your side

Pokefunguy
28th August 2007, 11:31 AM
It's the whole entire show that bugs me. How the heck can a Pikachu beat an Onix with a Thunderbolt? Same repetitive character personality (I.E. The girl character is always stuborn, etc.) yet none of the characters come back after that series is over. Team Rockets motto is really annoying, in fact team Rocket itself is annoying. Every new episode is completely predicable. The anime gives pokemon the idea that its a game only for little kids.

Corzola
28th August 2007, 1:39 PM
Well, the thing that bug me the most is TR always doing the same thing (almost at least). They enter an ep, try to take Pikachu and ends up blasting away. Every single episode. I would like TR to be made into guest characters that only is present every 5 ep or so. But if it was a question about keeping TR in the show or end the series I would choice to keep TR.

Crasher
28th August 2007, 1:51 PM
i don't like the way they talk. when you look at their mouths, they just look weird.

Rex Kamex
28th August 2007, 9:15 PM
i don't like the way they talk. when you look at their mouths, they just look weird.

That's for every cartoon made by Japan. (Okay, I'm sure there are exceptions, but I can't think of any.)

Charlord
28th August 2007, 9:16 PM

well, because in the show they r supposed 2 be speaking japanese

uber gon
29th August 2007, 12:04 AM
It's the whole entire show that bugs me. How the heck can a Pikachu beat an Onix with a Thunderbolt? Same repetitive character personality (I.E. The girl character is always stuborn, etc.) yet none of the characters come back after that series is over. Team Rockets motto is really annoying, in fact team Rocket itself is annoying. Every new episode is completely predicable. The anime gives pokemon the idea that its a game only for little kids.

Maybe the japanese viewers prefer repetition.

PaulFan1517
29th August 2007, 5:58 PM
I hate it when people give that dumb excuse that it is a show for little kids which is why ash always befriends his pokemon before he catches them and does things like get surprised when a pokemon of his evolves. That isn't a valid excuse. They could still improve the show. There are many japanese shows that are also for kids but they have a great plot and story line bigger than that of pokemon.

Hell pokemon barely has a plot it is 85 percent filler episodes. And before everyone starts attacking me and saying why am i on serebii criticizing pokemon what do you expect me to do act like everything is fine with the show and it needs no improvement. I am telling it like it is. Just because someone likes the show doesnt mean it is a crime for them to criticize some things that aren't done properly.

PS. This post wasn't referring to the previous people who posted just in general to the people who pretend the show needs no improvement and give the silly excuse that it is a show for kids.

uber gon
29th August 2007, 8:39 PM
I hate it when people give that dumb excuse that it is a show for little kids which is why ash always befriends his pokemon before he catches them and does things like get surprised when a pokemon of his evolves. That isn't a valid excuse. They could still improve the show. There are many japanese shows that are also for kids but they have a great plot and story line bigger than that of pokemon.

Hell pokemon barely has a plot it is 85 percent filler episodes. And before everyone starts attacking me and saying why am i on serebii criticizing pokemon what do you expect me to do act like everything is fine with the show and it needs no improvement. I am telling it like it is. Just because someone likes the show doesnt mean it is a crime for them to criticize some things that aren't done properly.

PS. This post wasn't referring to the previous people who posted just in general to the people who pretend the show needs no improvement and give the silly excuse that it is a show for kids.

Actually, I agree with you. Frankly, when a character leaves (Misty and May), I sorta would've like the writers to do something "Lord of the Rings" like.

Rex Kamex
29th August 2007, 9:14 PM
well, because in the show they r supposed 2 be speaking japanese

The Japanese dialogue is worse at fitting with the mouth flaps than the dub is.

True, but it's not like Ash should catch every Pokemon he sees and not have any care about them.

And in the anime, evolution is only expected when someone were to use a stone on their Pokemon. And since levels aren't calculated in the anime, of course Ash wouldn't just stand there as a Pokemon evolves and treat it like it was no big deal.

pokemon barely has a plot it is 85 percent filler episodes.

Even though the series has plenty of fillers, 85% isn't even close to the amount.

Champion Jared 14
29th August 2007, 9:32 PM
Ash makes TR blast off all the time w/pikachu. Maybe Brock or Dawn want to sometime???

uber gon
29th August 2007, 9:32 PM
Hard to really tell between an actual episode and a filler.

Drkecho
29th August 2007, 9:34 PM
Hard to really tell between an actual episode and a filler.I think all the episodes qualify as filler quality

uber gon
29th August 2007, 9:35 PM
I think all the episodes qualify as filler quality

Frankly, I agree with you in that case.

PaulFan1517
29th August 2007, 9:42 PM
True, but it's not like Ash should catch every Pokemon he sees and not have any care about them.

I know that but I mean they need to add actaul plot. Ash can still care about his pokemon without having to befriend them first. Like what we do in the pokemon games. Now I know everyone is going to start saying "THIS IS NOT THE GAME" "THIS IS NOT THE GAME" but this is the one time I use them as examples.

You will never hear me compare the anime and the games again I just decided to do it in this one case.

Korobooshi Kojiro
29th August 2007, 9:45 PM
Don't most game players catch a team of 6 or so and focus on them as they go through the main game?

Oh! OH! OH!

PaulFan1517
30th August 2007, 4:47 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't most game players catch a team of 6 or so and focus on them as they go through the main game?

Oh! OH! OH!

Yeah that is true but at least we do thing like rotate our pokemon and give them each turns. Darn you are making me compare the anime and the games again.

Alkaide
30th August 2007, 6:43 PM

That is annoys me as well. It's even in the theme song "We can never win, but we sure can tryyyy!". Mybe in the last episode of the last region he'll win and become Pokémon master.

pikablue
30th August 2007, 8:25 PM
the fact that piplup gets almost no screentime anymore.
the fact that the main female roles leave after each season(excluding orange islands and kanto) I liked it with misty and her antics, but I like may and Dawn too. maybe they could get one more girl in next season(i don't see their problem with two boys and two girls at once) and the old female roles interchanging and temporarily travelling on their own through the season. that way it wouldn't get stale, and all the character-specific fans would be happy.maybe may and dawn would start doing different types of contests? (super contests anyone?) maybe misty wwould finally have a goal to. man this sounds to good to be true, maybe I(or someone else) should write a fanfic like that

Rex Kamex
30th August 2007, 9:08 PM
(i don't see their problem with two boys and two girls at once)

Neither do I. (Meh, I always say that. XD)

Never mind what advertising purpose Dawn would have come a fifth generation. I want the series to be like the games in the sense that there is a main guy and girl character, but I don't want it to be like the games in the sense that girl of the generation changes with each region (unless of course, Ash left too). If the writers really wanted to keep Dawn fresh for more than one generation, they'd try to do something about it. And I don't think little kids everywhere will die because Dawn's still in the show.

Mrmagius
30th August 2007, 11:31 PM
what really bugs me is that, in my opinion, Misty was the best female character and they bumped her off the show yet really bad characters like Brock (whose only two character traits are that he likes rock pokemon and he thinks nurse joy/officer jenny are fit) stay on the show for ages.

who thinks they should replace brock with misty and have two female characters?

uber gon
30th August 2007, 11:31 PM
No heartfelt monologues when something bad happens. I know poké =/= Lordof the Rings, but it'd show more character development if Ash had a monologue like Sam during Lord of the Rings: the Two Towers.

Drkecho
31st August 2007, 6:45 AM
what really bugs me is that, in my opinion, Misty was the best female character and they bumped her off the show yet really bad characters like Brock (whose only two character traits are that he likes rock pokemon and he thinks nurse joy/officer jenny are fit) stay on the show for ages.Fanboyism at its best. Misty's popularity has been declining for a while. Brock needs to stay because he feeds and is the map person of the group. While Misty just ruined her reputation be standing there doing nothing during the Johto. Change is better, but we know that the producers aren't aware of that

SpoinkDude
31st August 2007, 9:40 AM
Team Rocket don't bug me but...you'd think they'd be dead the ammount of times they've been electrucuted, burnt, drowned and blasted off!

Pkmn_Collector
31st August 2007, 2:10 PM
u think team rocket would stop trying to catch pikachu and move onto a different pokemon

uber gon
31st August 2007, 8:19 PM
Not many captures.

iraqmaster
1st September 2007, 2:42 PM
I still say neglecting CERTAIN old characters.

I'd say, this is a Biggie. What happened to all the trainers in Kanto that Ash said that he will see again?!

PaulFan1517
1st September 2007, 3:43 PM
I'd say, this is a Biggie. What happened to all the trainers in Kanto that Ash said that he will see again?!

The dumb writers are probably waiting to bring back 100 missing characters on the final episode of the pokemon series.

Korobooshi Kojiro
1st September 2007, 3:44 PM
I don't see why it really matters that they didn't bring back rather dull characters who don't have much left to contribute...

Typo
1st September 2007, 5:33 PM
Dull?? ALL of the old characters would be cool to see again, A.J., Richie, I cannot wait to see the Ash VS Max battle!

Rex Kamex
1st September 2007, 8:07 PM
Not that every character Ash wants to see again is necessarilly interesting, I would want to see Ash run into AJ to see how he's doing, and who his first loss was to. (Assuming he lost. Surely somebody beat him. Maybe he beat 100 Trainers in a row, but...)

iraqmaster
9th September 2007, 9:34 PM
Dull?? ALL of the old characters would be cool to see again, A.J., Richie, I cannot wait to see the Ash VS Max battle!

Yes, it would be nice to see what the Old Characters are doing.

Drkecho
9th September 2007, 9:36 PM
Yes, it would be nice to see what the Old Characters are doing.Thats what Chronicles is for. They take all the dumped characters and try to make a storyline for them so we have less whiny *****es that complain that their favorites went away. Its pretty much a 'fan based run' show

Poke'T<3
11th September 2007, 9:40 PM
I really love ash but his pikachu should be able to kick about any pokemon's butt by now i mean he beat reggice for real... he should have had absolutely NO PROBLEM wooping that freaking buizel not to mention he had a HUGE advantage and the piplup who is nowhere near or at least shouldnt be near pikachus level!!! ughh it drives me crazy how they are trying to make dawn look all skilled...

Rex Kamex
11th September 2007, 9:51 PM
that Team Rocket gets balsted off everyday and lives

It's a cartoon- they don't have to be able to die.

uber gon
11th September 2007, 10:59 PM
I really love ash but his pikachu should be able to kick about any pokemon's butt by now i mean he beat reggice for real... he should have had absolutely NO PROBLEM wooping that freaking buizel not to mention he had a HUGE advantage and the piplup who is nowhere near or at least shouldnt be near pikachus level!!! ughh it drives me crazy how they are trying to make dawn look all skilled...

Meh, the writers didn't want to overpower Pikachu, but you are f'in right.

the_w0lf
15th September 2007, 5:45 PM
Well, I find it rather strange that Carnivine still loves James after years of neglect...or do they explain Carnivine actually going for air every now and then for like 10 years...:/

PixieMaster
15th September 2007, 9:57 PM
Ash`s Diamond and pearl voice. For some reason, every time he says "Aipom" it grinds my nerves. Its like he`s straining his voice in battle...

buneary dude
15th September 2007, 10:49 PM
You make me laugh. Yah it is annoying because it's just a recording. A thing that bugs me is that their mouths don't move with their words. Although it is showed worldwide so forget I said that. One thing that bugs me is that I see when Ash is battleing and yelling a command, he has his arm up and grinding his teeth. Makes me mad! But I seriously doubt it does better than "The Simpsons". Simpsons is best cartoon ever!

iraqmaster
18th September 2007, 3:57 PM
1. Team Rocket. They have spent over 500 Episodes, 7+ movies, and countless Manga trying to catch one single Pikachu, and they can't even do that?! Come on, either make them good guys, or just drop them. Whatever happened to their personalites from the first few episodes, back in the Kanto region?

2. Team Rocket again: you know, I find it strange how they always complain about being broke, but they seemingly have enough to build giant mechanized Pokemon and other contraptions, power a Meowth Balloon, and have clean clothes.

3. The Inepitude of the Police Force: It's pretty common knowledge that the majority of people know Team Rocket is an evil organization bent on world domination. But why doesn't anybody do something about it? Jessie and James walk around the majority of the time wearing their TR outfits, and nobody seems to arrest them.

4. No way Ash and Dawn, May, are 10 years old. No self respecting parent ( even if it is an Anime) would let their 10 year old go off on a Pokemon Journey. If they were at least 14-16, I could understand.

5. If Jynx is a so called racial stereotype, why hasn't anybody come forward and blast Ludicolo? i mean, Their head dishes are in the forms of sombreroes. To me, that looks like a Latino.

6. Does anyone find it odd that people are willing to pit Pokemon against each other, during which they will blast each other with Rocks, Jet streams of water, and fire blasts, possibly injuring one Pokemon or the other, but when Team Rocket tries to steal a Pokemon, it's all wrong and immoral?

7. Ash & Company always have to run into a Legendary Pokemon. Can't for once, some regular joe Schmoe run into one?

Shuko
18th September 2007, 4:20 PM
Butterfrees, Kricketunes, and Scythers bug me the most about the show. :p

*is shot*

Blue Ace
18th September 2007, 4:25 PM
I cant stnad Pikachus invincibility, didnt he fight a Dragonite toe to toe? wth??? it shoudlve been a OHKO there, also Pikachu was able to OHKO a Machamp AND Golem in the 1st movie??????

And how a Crogunk actually HURT and KO a Scizor w/ Poison Jab???

NightwolfAA2k5
18th September 2007, 4:26 PM
It goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on... You get the picture... I just want the damn show to end o_O

uber gon
18th September 2007, 7:43 PM
I cant stnad Pikachus invincibility, didnt he fight a Dragonite toe to toe? wth??? it shoudlve been a OHKO there, also Pikachu was able to OHKO a Machamp AND Golem in the 1st movie??????

And how a Crogunk actually HURT and KO a Scizor w/ Poison Jab???

Yeah, the writers neglecting types advantages a nd disadvantages bugs me.

Redeevee
18th September 2007, 8:13 PM
what bugs me?

dont get me started! let me leave it at EVERYTHING!!!!!! thats not an understatement

GentleArtillery
18th September 2007, 8:16 PM
The dull characters, the poor plot and the overpowered Pikachu :P

CommuMax
18th September 2007, 10:58 PM
The various qualities in the TV program version of Pokemon that annoy me the most are that Pikachu is obviously sharked or has somehow obtained superhuman abilites off-screen, Ash is dull, So is Brock, Electirc Types tend to own Ground-types and various other very similar situations involving different types, and the fact that it keeps being just good enough for me to keep watching it despite the fact that the show obviously suffers from the qualities listed above.

It's kind of like a peanut butter trap. You want to escape yet you keep on wanting to do the licking motion with your tounge for the delicious flavor.

uber gon
19th September 2007, 12:57 AM
Neat characters never returning.

the total best!
19th September 2007, 1:27 AM
Team Rocket, they give me a laugh every now and then, but they really dont know when to stop. I think its a waste of time when they appear because you already know that they will lose.

WaterMaster315
19th September 2007, 3:34 AM
Team Rocket ....

So much to say

The first series they were entense and actually known for being hardcore thieves, but the new episodes makes them jokes.

I would like to see them be succesful sometimes ... maybe not with ashes pokemon but im sure the makers could think of something

Plus Team Rocket in all the MOVIES are HILARIOUS
And i like how in the movies they actually work with ash and help out alot

Korobooshi Kojiro
19th September 2007, 3:51 AM
The first series they were entense and actually known for being hardcore thieves

They were?

Blackjack Gabbiani
19th September 2007, 5:59 AM
They were?

The wanted poster in Jenny's box, and how they were in charge of the attack on the SS Anne.

ImJessieTR
19th September 2007, 5:22 PM
Reading thru 13 pages, here's what I've wanted to comment on so far... "What bugs me personally" will be in bold.

1) Team Rocket: you know, I don't think they're just "wannabe losers". I think that since they left Giovanni and Viridian (when they were more "hard-core"), they've had a change of heart and are now morally confused (see: all heroic attempts). They know Giovanni will punish them if they return (see: Mewtwo Returns -- they don't just walk up to him and say "Hi, how's it going?"), so they stay far away from him (which suits Giovanni just fine, they only seem to go before the Boss when Ash goes home). Also, having been put in situations where they were actually good (and Meowth has befriended Pikachu on several adventures), they no longer spend all their energy into catching them. I think they follow Ash around just to have something to do. Also, we know where TR gets its money from, sometimes in episodes we see them at their "day jobs" (or sometimes in the movie shorts or the movies), and I suppose it's implied that is what they do when episodes are separated by weeks or months. What bugs me about TR, besides the ludicrous "not being arrested when they advertise themselves CONSTANTLY" (although TR isn't as well known in other far away regions, so maybe that's not fair), is that A) Jessie is never allowed to win a contest because apparently villains should never win -- even when winning a contest might just make her more constructive and "good", and B) James' extra-curricular activities are largely ignored -- when is the last time he got to do something eventful? Let us not forget C) Giovanni must have abandoned his whole "rule the world" idea, since he hasn't gotten around to it after 10 years (which makes me think there IS some credibility to the whole paternity issue, since both of them have basically slept through the last 10 years without doing much :D ).

2) Heroes' backstories -- We know more about Brock than any other hero. It sucks.

3) Must agree with Pikachu's random levels -- and don't say that they don't exist -- that Pokemon Tech or whatever (with the arrogant chick with the cubone) mentioned levels -- it just gets ignored because the writers know that we all know all of Ash's team, which always has to fight not only strong trainers and gyms but also legendaries and Mewtwo and fake legendaries (infinitely-powered Entei), should be able to sneeze pokemon to death by now.

4) I work on Saturdays now, but the plot is so repetitive that I don't feel I'm missing much.

5) Ash never becomes a Pokemon Master. However, my thoughts about it is that the reason he stays away from Pallet so long is so he doesn't have to face his family and his friends. He knows that after 10 years he should have more to show for all his "work" than one trophy and a lost opportunity to work for the Battle Frontier. That's not to mention his amazing lack of pokemon. I can understand that he likes to train his new team, but he never really takes the time to do so intently and it shows. He only rarely calls for his old pokemon. I think the only reason Charizard isn't back on his team for good (remember he left so he could train harder cause God knows he wasn't getting anywhere with Ash) is that Charizard knows Ash is still a lazy bum. Ash's learning curve is more like a loop-de-loop: he will discover the merits of strategy -- and five seconds later in a new battle fight aggressively and with little thought like he always does. Check this boy out for ADD stat! I think Pikachu's electric attacks have fried this poor kid's short-term-memory (which also explains my pet peeve, back before they got new characters, of Ash forgetting a pokemon he saw one episode before).

That being said, I had more I wanted to rant about ...

... but I forgot what they were. :P