PDA

View Full Version : Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

oooo
3rd September 2009, 9:41 PM
I am pretty sure that you cannot hatch dittos.

RayRay
3rd September 2009, 10:02 PM
it is impossible to breed two dittos. You have to catch more if you want them with different natures or whatever.

Oh and i found out that Ralt's can't learn Hypnosis through breeding :/

foxyman1167
3rd September 2009, 10:02 PM
Yep, Ditto cannot breed with Ditto. It also cannot breed with any legendaries.

raz1337
4th September 2009, 7:54 PM
I have a Gardevoir with Grass Knot that's male. How can I breed it to get it out of the Amorphous group?

halcyonXlll
5th September 2009, 1:28 AM
Oh and i found out that Ralt's can't learn Hypnosis through breeding :/
Hypnosis may not be in Ralts' egg move list, but it can still be inherited because it is in the Pokémon's level-up move list. In these cases, both the female and the male parent must know the move to be passed on, rather than just the male.

So breed a female Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir who knows Hypnosis with a compatible male Pokémon who also knows Hypnosis, and the resulting offspring will hatch with this move.

Ludi-Cola
6th September 2009, 6:11 PM
Only Castform and Shellos/Gastrodon are in two egg groups (w/ one overlapping into the Amorphorus grp). Breeding w/ Castform gets Grass Knot into Fairy grp which greatly opens up TM inheritance. Examples to "chain" this move (spread to other grps):
Male Gallade GK + Female Castform (amorp and fairy grp) = Male Cast w/ GK.
Male Castform GK + Female Pika (fairy and field grp)= Male Pichu w/ GK.
Male Pikachu (must get Pichu to like you first) GK + Female Infernape (field and humanshape grp) = Chimchar w/ GK.
Male Chimchar w/ GK + Female Cacturne (humanshape and grass) = Cacnea w/ GK.
Now you can get GK inherited to lots of different pokemon! I hope this helps.

raz1337
7th September 2009, 12:32 AM
Uhh, it's on a Gardevoir and Castform can't learn GK. I guess I'm stuck with it.

Ludi-Cola
7th September 2009, 1:54 AM
Oh my bad, I got the TM number wrong. Grass Knot is 86, Swagger is 87 (which Castform etc can learn). Unfortunately then it is stuck within Amorphous group. Tell you what, I have Grass Knot as a TM still. I can attach it to a pokemon and trade it to you. PM w/ Friend Code if you'd like that.

Ze DreamGirl
9th September 2009, 1:44 PM
To the person the grass knot problem... Why don't you do a double battle with your Gardevoir and a male smeargle and make Smeargle sketch Grass Knot ? Then you'll be able to breed smeargle with all the ground group pokémon...and pass Grass Knot...

raz1337
11th September 2009, 4:08 PM
I have a Rhyperior with Stealth Rock. Is it possible to get the stealth rock to an Aerodactyl?

Metagross Guy
12th September 2009, 5:11 PM
Yes it is possible to get an Aerodactyl with Stealth rock...but in order to do this you must have an Aerodactyl that Knows stealth rock.

Any other ways? I don't quite know

pastel
12th September 2009, 5:19 PM
cool ty a lot, i forgot ur name, anyway that will help me a lot.

raz1337
13th September 2009, 12:54 AM
Yes it is possible to get an Aerodactyl with Stealth rock...but in order to do this you must have an Aerodactyl that Knows stealth rock.

Any other ways? I don't quite know

You missed my question. Heh.

TotalPotato
14th September 2009, 1:21 PM
I have a Rhyperior with Stealth Rock. Is it possible to get the stealth rock to an Aerodactyl?
No. You'll need another Stealth Rock TM.

Also, I just updated the first few posts for Heart Gold and Soul Silver. So now you know how to get that Squirtle with Water Spout you've always wanted!

lolskitty
15th September 2009, 11:04 AM
I'm trying to get a Chikorita with the move Energy Ball. Is this possible without the use of a TM? (I realize it's not an egg move for Chikorita.)

I have a Lotad that I plan on leveling up so it learns Energy Ball, and I'm wondering if that would be equivalent to teaching it the move via TM and having it bred with my female Chikorita.

Or in a case like this is a TM completely necessary?

TotalPotato
15th September 2009, 12:37 PM
Your idea should work fine, as long as the Lotad is male and the Chikorita is female.

lolskitty
15th September 2009, 10:20 PM
Your idea should work fine, as long as the Lotad is male and the Chikorita is female.

Check and check. :)

Thanks for your help!

cool pichu
16th September 2009, 12:04 AM
about time that Bulbasuar can learn power whip

miGz
16th September 2009, 12:51 AM
Question, why is it both parents need to know Endeavor & Quick Attack for FEAR Rattata ?
& can you breed Seismic toss onto chansey ?

cubone 653487
16th September 2009, 3:12 AM
the fear ratta should only need 1 male parent with those moves...but i could be wrong
but chansey, it needs that move toutorted from the 3 gen games.

miGz
16th September 2009, 3:26 AM
If only the male knows it, they only learn endeavor.

Tiomasta
16th September 2009, 3:27 AM
Question, why is it both parents need to know Endeavor & Quick Attack for FEAR Rattata ?

It's because these moves aren't egg moves, they're level up moves. And to get level up moves right off the bat, both parents need to know the move.

It's not in the level up list, not in the TM list, not in the egg move list, not anywhere, so no, just tutor.

DreamGG
16th September 2009, 3:30 AM
Because the only way a pokemon can learn its later leveled moves is if both parents know the move.

No you need a 3rd gen move tutor to teach chansey seismic toss

miGz
16th September 2009, 3:30 AM
So Electivire can learn Ice Punch via move tutor ? o-o

Thanks for the answers. Kinda pisses me off though, I really need the Blissey. >_>

Agonist
16th September 2009, 5:47 AM
yeah electivire can learn ice punch through a move tutor or if you wanted to you could breed a elekid to know ice punch, then evolve it

miGz
16th September 2009, 5:48 AM
yeah electivire can learn ice punch through a move tutor or if you wanted to you could breed a elekid to know ice punch, then evolve it

Yeah, it's just Electivire is shiny. ;p

Sagachu
16th September 2009, 7:21 AM
Ok I have a question, it might have already been asked but call me lazy, I'm not going to read down 89 pages.

Since the Pikachu line are the only pokemon able to learn Volt Tackle, is having a Pikachu with any other egg move with Volt Tackle is illegal? And the illegal part is only for competitive battling right?

Tiomasta
16th September 2009, 12:55 PM
Ok I have a question, it might have already been asked but call me lazy, I'm not going to read down 89 pages.

Since the Pikachu line are the only pokemon able to learn Volt Tackle, is having a Pikachu with any other egg move with Volt Tackle is illegal? And the illegal part is only for competitive battling right?

Let's see...
Pikachu has two moves when it comes out of its egg(Thundershock and Growl). Then there's Volt Tackle, then there's another slot for an egg move.

Maybe you could have other two egg moves to write over Thundershock and Growl, but I'm not so sure about that.

You know, illegal movesets are movesets you can't get in a legit way(like how you can't get Belly Drum and Aqua Jet on Azumarill). Since you can, then it's not illegal.

TotalPotato
16th September 2009, 1:55 PM

If you breed a female Pikachu holding a Light Ball with, say, a male Ampharos with Charge and Thunderpunch, you'll get a Pichu with Volt Tackle, Charge and Thunderpunch as egg moves.

Rainbowdashtheawesome
16th September 2009, 11:45 PM
I don't have a specific combo in mind, but I would like some advice.
I want the ultimate Treecko, and there are so many egg moves it can learn. The ones that peak my interest are:
Dragonbreath, Magical Leaf, Crush Claw, Leaf Storm, Crunch, and Endeavor.
I know that on any level I can only choose 4, but I don't know which combination would work the best or which ones would be impossible altogether. What would be a good permutation of four of these moves that I could accomplish,and how could I accomplish it? Any grouping would be fine, so long as there are four from this list.

CRUSH10055
17th September 2009, 7:06 AM
I'm in need with help of IV breeding.
I'm currently breeding Duskull with 31 IV in HP, Attack, Defense, and SpD. But it's taking forever. Is there any problem with parents I'm using.

Impish nature (male)
x/x/31/x/31/x

Impish nature (female)
31/31/x/x/x/x

Prince Amrod
17th September 2009, 12:46 PM
thers no problems with them, its jus 3 random IV's are passed down through breeding and as I recall, of the 3, HP won't be passed down as the 2nd of these random numbers, and HP nd DEF wont be passed as the third, so you have one shot to pass the HP stat down and one shot to pass the DEF stat down, this makes it a very long shot to get the one you want. added to this, stats 4-6 are generately randomly so to roll a 31 in the 4th stat you want alongside the 3 inherited stats would be very lucky.
keep going with the breeding, you are bound to get one eventually

Tiomasta
17th September 2009, 12:58 PM
I want the ultimate Treecko, and there are so many egg moves it can learn. The ones that peak my interest are:
I know that on any level I can only choose 4, but I don't know which combination would work the best or which ones would be impossible altogether. What would be a good permutation of four of these moves that I could accomplish,and how could I accomplish it? Any grouping would be fine, so long as there are four from this list.

Dragon Breath? But that only has 60 power, not even on a offensive Salamence it would do much damage.

Magical Leaf? That's weak too. It would only be useful where people use Double Team, the Frontier.

Crush Claw? You maybe could consider Return(TM), has 102 power. Crush Claw's defense drop would be useful if your poke was physical, but 50% chance per use isn't THAT much.

Leaf Storm is a good move.

Crunch is okay.

Endeavor?
That would only work if you had a priority attack as well as being slower than your opponent(and Sceptile is a little fast), unless you only intend to use it on a switching poke while you have low health... Okay, that could work.

I wouldn't suggest using only moves from this, though. I don't even think you can get four of them at the same time, since Smeargle can't breed with Treecko.

TotalPotato
17th September 2009, 12:59 PM
You can't get four from that list onto one Treecko. If you're interested, I can list chains for three of those moves together.

Rainbowdashtheawesome
17th September 2009, 3:04 PM
That would be great, thanks.
@Tiomasta: The reason I picked these moves is because of my main choice of battle style. I am a great user of crippling moves, and put accuracy before raw power. Magical Leaf is there because of its flawless accuracy; Dragonbreath because of its possible paralysis effect; and Crush Claw for its high base power, good accuracy; and Defense-drop effect. I always like moves that are fairly powerful (60+ power) and have good accuracy, so I will always go for something like Leaf Storm or Energy Ball when training Grass-types.

TotalPotato
18th September 2009, 1:15 PM
For Dragonbreath, Crunch and Leaf Storm:

Bagon (Dragonbreath at level 31, Crunch at level 46) -> Grovyle (Leaf Storm at level 59) -> Treecko

For Crush Claw, Crunch and Leaf Storm:

Smeargle (Sketch Crush Claw and Crunch) -> Rhyhorn -> Grovyle (Leaf Storm at level 59) -> Treecko

For Leaf Storm, Crunch and Endeavor:

Rattata (Endeavor at level 34)/Cubone (Endeavor at level 41)/Dunsparce (Endeavor at level 49)/Mudkip (Endeavor at level 46)/Rampardos (Endeavor at level 30) -> Exploud (Crunch at level 40) -> Grovyle (Leaf Storm at level 59) -> Treecko
OR
Snorlax (Crunch at level 44)/Totodile (Crunch at level 27)/Larvitar (Crunch at level 37)/Exploud (Crunch at level 40)/Turtwig (Crunch at level 37)/Garchomp (Crunch at level 48) -> Rampardos (Endeavor at level 30) -> Grovyle (Leaf Storm at level 59) -> Treecko

Incidentally, if you have Pokémon Platinum, you can also teach Endeavor to Treecko via move tutor.

Auraninja
21st September 2009, 5:03 PM
Oh, in case anybody is wondering, that crummy image uploading website erased my account, so I don't think the Breeding Circle will show up. However, I will try to make another one and use my other image account.

Edit: Here (http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1889/preliminarybcm.png) is the fixed breeding circle. I don't think there are any mistakes on it this time. If there happen to be any, or if you have questions, be sure to contact me via VM or PM.

LadyCharizard
22nd September 2009, 8:28 AM
Is it possible to pass on Night Slash and Psycho Cut onto a baby Absol?

If I use a male Smeargle to Sketch the moves and a female Absol with those moves, will the baby inherit them? I'm only asking because Absol learns Night Slash and Psycho Cut by levelling up, and I'm unsure if they'll get passed onto a level 1 Absol via breeding.

If anyone can help me with this, I'd be very grateful ^^

Auraninja
22nd September 2009, 12:37 PM
Is it possible to pass on Night Slash and Psycho Cut onto a baby Absol?

If I use a male Smeargle to Sketch the moves and a female Absol with those moves, will the baby inherit them? I'm only asking because Absol learns Night Slash and Psycho Cut by levelling up, and I'm unsure if they'll get passed onto a level 1 Absol via breeding.

If anyone can help me with this, I'd be very grateful ^^
If the Pokemon knows the moves via level up, then you can get the father and the mother to both know the moves and the child will know them when it hatches.

Wigglytuff FTW!
23rd September 2009, 5:13 AM
I want to know if and/or how I can get a Totodile with Dragon Dance and Ice Punch without Smeargle.

Please and thanks.

TotalPotato
23rd September 2009, 3:52 PM
I want to know if and/or how I can get a Totodile with Dragon Dance and Ice Punch without Smeargle.

Please and thanks.
You need to use a move tutor. If you don't have Platinum, you need to teach a male Dragonite Ice Punch in Emerald, migrate it, teach it Dragon Dance by giving a Heart Scale to the guy in Pastoria City, and breed it with a female Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr.

If you do have Platinum, breed a male Horsea/Dratini with Dragon Dance with a female Totodile, then teach the Totodile Ice Punch via move tutor.

CRUSH10055
24th September 2009, 6:28 AM
I'm having problem with IV breeding. I want Impish nature Duskull with 31/31/31/x/31/x but it never happened. I'm breeding for it more than a month but nothing came up. Is there any problem with my parents I'm using.

Duskull
Nature: Impish
IV's: 31/31/x/x/x/x
Characteristics: Likes to thrash about
Item: Everstone

Duskull
IV's: x/31/31/x/31/x
Characteristics: Capable of taking hits

Tiomasta
24th September 2009, 6:56 AM
I'm having problem with IV breeding. I want Impish nature Duskull with 31/31/31/x/31/x but it never happened. I'm breeding for it more than a month but nothing came up. Is there any problem with my parents I'm using.

Duskull
IV's: 31/31/x/x/x/x
Characteristics: Likes to thrash about

Duskull
IV's: x/31/31/x/31/x
Characteristics: Capable of taking hits

So, you want the baby to have the HP and Attack from one, and Def and Sp.Def from the other?

Let's see, the game could choose the father(1/2 chance), and get its HP(1/6 chance, which can only be chosen at the first round BTW), and its Attack too(1/6 chance in the second and third round, cuz in the first it needs to choose HP). Although you still have chances to get the 31 Attack from the female.

Then it would have to choose the female(another 1/2 chance) and get Def in the first or second round, getting Sp.Def in one, and Attack if the male's Attack wasn't passed down. It also can't get the female's HP, otherwise it will overwrite the male's 31 HP.

So it has to pass all this at once:
1/2
1/6
1/6 rolled twice
1/2
1/6
1/6
1/6

That's it, I think. Anyone care to see the chances of that happening?
It feels like it would be harder if the game started with the female, but I'm too sleepy to think of that now.

And, do you REALLY need exactly 31?

CRUSH10055
24th September 2009, 7:37 AM
So, you want the baby to have the HP and Attack from one, and Def and Sp.Def from the other?

Let's see, the game could choose the father(1/2 chance), and get its HP(1/6 chance, which can only be chosen at the first round BTW), and its Attack too(1/6 chance in the second and third round, cuz in the first it needs to choose HP). Although you still have chances to get the 31 Attack from the female.

Then it would have to choose the female(another 1/2 chance) and get Def in the first or second round, getting Sp.Def in one, and Attack if the male's Attack wasn't passed down. It also can't get the female's HP, otherwise it will overwrite the male's 31 HP.

So it has to pass all this at once:
1/2
1/6
1/6 rolled twice
1/2
1/6
1/6
1/6

That's it, I think. Anyone care to see the chances of that happening?
It feels like it would be harder if the game started with the female, but I'm too sleepy to think of that now.

And, do you REALLY need exactly 31?

It be nice to have Pokemon with 31 IV in 4 stats. I want to Duskull to have 31 in HP and Defense for sure but HP and Sp. Defense, 29-31 would be nice.

Thanks. I'm gonna take break from him right now. Gonna breed other IV project

salmonman78
26th September 2009, 9:54 AM
Tried to read through(and search) as many pages as I could but figure I might as well ask to get a clearer idea.

1.) I have a male Eevee and was wanting to breed it to get some more eevee for the evolutions, can I breed it with anything but a ditto to get another eevee?

2.) When you breed 2 of the same pokemon that are an evolved form will the egg they produce be the original non evolved form? I think I already know the answer but wanted to ask and be sure before I assumed.

TotalPotato
26th September 2009, 2:22 PM
Tried to read through(and search) as many pages as I could but figure I might as well ask to get a clearer idea.

1.) I have a male Eevee and was wanting to breed it to get some more eevee for the evolutions, can I breed it with anything but a ditto to get another eevee?

2.) When you breed 2 of the same pokemon that are an evolved form will the egg they produce be the original non evolved form? I think I already know the answer but wanted to ask and be sure before I assumed.
1. The only other option is a female member of the Eevee line.
2. Yes, unless the two Pokémon in question are from an evolutionary line that requires you to breed with an incense in order to get the lowest evolutionary form (Azurill, Wynaut, Budew, Chingling, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Happiny, Munchlax or Mantyke).

salmonman78
27th September 2009, 1:08 AM
Thanks for the reply. Friend found a copy of diamond and he let me borrow it to see if there were any I wanted off of it before he traded it in, and besides a few legends, a eevee and a ditto.

Needless I now have 10 eggs to transfer to my copy as well, figure should be at least 1 female in there

El_mago
1st October 2009, 5:08 PM
Need some advice here. See I'm trying to get these moves on a roselia or budew;
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Extrasensory
Sludge bomb

What should i breed?

TotalPotato
1st October 2009, 5:54 PM
Need some advice here. See I'm trying to get these moves on a roselia or budew;
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Extrasensory
Sludge bomb

What should i breed?
There's no way to breed Sludge Bomb onto a Budew, so you'll need to use the TM for that. Here's the easiest way to breed the other moves:

Smeargle (Sketch Shadow Ball and Energy Ball) -> Nuzleaf (Extrasensory at level 49) -> Budew

umbreon_shadow27
2nd October 2009, 3:55 AM
Is it possible to check IVs at level 1?

Prince Amrod
2nd October 2009, 4:02 PM
if you go into a lv100 wifi battle with a friend it is, jus make a note of its stats with no ev's and then put them into an iv calculator

Suser
3rd October 2009, 10:00 PM
Is there any way to breed any of these moveset on to Zubat.
Hypnosis, Taunt and U-turn
or
Bravebird, U-turn, Taunt and Roost

And is Bravebird and Hypnosis together an illegal moveset.

I just want to get as much of these moves breeding because I don't have many TM's

Any help is appriciated.

Icosahedron
3rd October 2009, 10:08 PM
Is there any way to breed any of these moveset on to Zubat.
Hypnosis, Taunt and U-turn
or
Bravebird, U-turn, Taunt and Roost

And is Bravebird and Hypnosis together an illegal moveset.

I just want to get as much of these moves breeding because I don't have many TM's

Any help is appriciated.

Hoothoot/Noctowl are the only ones who can breed Hypnosis onto Zubat, so Hypnosis is illegal with anything that Hoothoot/Noctowl can't learn. This includes U-turn, Taunt, and yes, Brave Bird. Hypnosis + Roost is legal, however.

Brave Bird, U-turn, Taunt, AND Roost is impossible to get solely by breeding. You can get three of them, however. Skarmory and Dodrio get Taunt, Roost, and Brave Bird. Staraptor, Pidgeot, and Swellow get U-turn, Roost, and Brave Bird. Remember that Taunt, U-turn, and Roost are all TMs.

Suser
3rd October 2009, 10:31 PM
Hoothoot/Noctowl are the only ones who can breed Hypnosis onto Zubat, so Hypnosis is illegal with anything that Hoothoot/Noctowl can't learn. This includes U-turn, Taunt, and yes, Brave Bird. Hypnosis + Roost is legal, however.

Brave Bird, U-turn, Taunt, AND Roost is impossible to get solely by breeding. You can get three of them, however. Skarmory and Dodrio get Taunt, Roost, and Brave Bird. Staraptor, Pidgeot, and Swellow get U-turn, Roost, and Brave Bird. Remember that Taunt, U-turn, and Roost are all TMs.

Thanks for the answer.
Going breeding right away.

I saw this moveset on smogon, is it legal:
Hypnosis, Taunt, U-turn and Air Slash

Icosahedron
3rd October 2009, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the answer.
Going breeding right away.

I saw this moveset on smogon, is it legal:
Hypnosis, Taunt, U-turn and Air Slash

Yes, but not through breeding! You can get that moveset simply by breeding a male Noctowl that knows Hypnosis with a female Zu/Gol/Crobat to get a Zubat that knows Hypnosis. Level up the Zubat and evolve it; Golbat learns Air Slash at Lv. 51. Then teach the Golbat Taunt and U-turn from TMs.

So when I said before that Hypnosis was illegal with U-turn, Taunt, and Brave Bird, I meant that you can't breed all those moves onto a Zubat at once. But of course it's possible and legal to breed just Hypnosis (or Brave Bird) onto a Zubat, and then teach the Zubat Taunt or U-turn through TMs.

Suser
3rd October 2009, 11:18 PM
Yes, but not through breeding! You can get that moveset simply by breeding a male Noctowl that knows Hypnosis with a female Zu/Gol/Crobat to get a Zubat that knows Hypnosis. Level up the Zubat and evolve it; Golbat learns Air Slash at Lv. 51. Then teach the Golbat Taunt and U-turn from TMs.

So when I said before that Hypnosis was illegal with U-turn, Taunt, and Brave Bird, I meant that you can't breed all those moves onto a Zubat at once. But of course it's possible and legal to breed just Hypnosis (or Brave Bird) onto a Zubat, and then teach the Zubat Taunt or U-turn through TMs.

Thank you. you cleared up a lot of questions for me.

TotalPotato
4th October 2009, 2:33 AM
As for the other legal moveset (Brave Bird, U-turn, Taunt and Roost), here's the quickest way to get them onto a Zubat while using only one TM:

Hoppip (U-turn at level 31) -> Pachirisu -> Farfetch'd -> Starly (Brave Bird at level 37) -> Pidgey (Roost at level 37) -> Zubat (Taunt by TM12)
OR
Hoppip (U-turn at level 31) -> Pachirisu -> Farfetch'd -> Pidgey (Roost at level 37)/Wingull (Roost at level 29)/Chatot (Roost at level 33) -> Starly (Brave Bird at level 37) -> Zubat (Taunt by TM12)

If you have HG/SS, there's an even quicker way:

Starly (Brave Bird at level 37) -> Pidgey (Roost at level 37) -> Murkrow (Taunt at level 31) -> Zubat (U-Turn by TM89)

Suser
4th October 2009, 3:46 PM
As for the other legal moveset (Brave Bird, U-turn, Taunt and Roost), here's the quickest way to get them onto a Zubat while using only one TM:

Hoppip (U-turn at level 31) -> Pachirisu -> Farfetch'd -> Starly (Brave Bird at level 37) -> Pidgey (Roost at level 37) -> Zubat (Taunt by TM12)
OR
Hoppip (U-turn at level 31) -> Pachirisu -> Farfetch'd -> Pidgey (Roost at level 37)/Wingull (Roost at level 29)/Chatot (Roost at level 33) -> Starly (Brave Bird at level 37) -> Zubat (Taunt by TM12)

If you have HG/SS, there's an even quicker way:

Starly (Brave Bird at level 37) -> Pidgey (Roost at level 37) -> Murkrow (Taunt at level 31) -> Zubat (U-Turn by TM89)

Thank you. This was very helpfull, a bit easier than the way I was thinking about.

Onyx Umeki
4th October 2009, 6:19 PM
How do you get sucker punch onto Nidoran-M-?

Or any move, for that matter

TotalPotato
4th October 2009, 6:35 PM
If you breed any male Pokémon in the Monster or Ground egg group with a Nidoran-F, you have a 50% chance of getting a Nidoran-F, and a 50% chance of getting a Nidoran-M.

Onyx Umeki
4th October 2009, 6:45 PM
Ahhh!!
Of course!
Thank you so much!

Super Aipom
6th October 2009, 10:51 PM
I just got Soul Silver.
How do I get my Totadile to have Aqua Jet AND Ice Punch.
I don't have platinum, and I doubt I'll ever get enough BP in Soul Silver. I know how to get each separately, but I don't think it's possible to get both without using a Move Tutor.

Icosahedron
10th October 2009, 10:35 PM
I just got Soul Silver.
How do I get my Totadile to have Aqua Jet AND Ice Punch.
I don't have platinum, and I doubt I'll ever get enough BP in Soul Silver. I know how to get each separately, but I don't think it's possible to get both without using a Move Tutor.

Unfortunately, you're right. Aqua Jet + Ice Punch is an illegal breeding combination for Totodile. You'll have to use the Ice Punch tutor if you want both moves.

A word of advice - if you somehow do manage to acquire enough BP to get Ice Punch, teach it to a Pokemon who can't learn it by breeding, such as an Azumarill or Floatzel who know Aqua Jet. Then you can breed both moves onto your Totodile at the same time, while also having another Pokemon with both moves! (Ice Punch and Aqua Jet are both great moves on Azumarill and Floatzel.)

NickoTheGuitarist
12th October 2009, 12:18 PM
If I breed my Smeargle with Grass Knot/Stealth Rock/ Fake out with my Infernape, will the babe learn those moves?

Tiomasta
12th October 2009, 2:52 PM
If I breed my Smeargle with Grass Knot/Stealth Rock/ Fake out with my Infernape, will the babe learn those moves?

Yes. Two are TM moves, the other is an egg move, and those are passed down by the father.

hitmonlee21
12th October 2009, 6:45 PM
How does Chansey learn Wish? By breeding with Togekiss or Togetic that knows wish?

Tiomasta
12th October 2009, 6:55 PM
How does Chansey learn Wish? By breeding with Togekiss or Togetic that knows wish?

Wish is not an egg move, only event Blisseys know Wish.

AlexKZ
12th October 2009, 9:45 PM
When I'm done completing the E4 in Plat, I'm focusing on getting together a team. One member I'm having trouble figuring out if she can learn these moves:

I want an Oddish with: Swords Dance, Razor Leaf, & Teeter Dance. Is there anyway for me to get these moves on an Oddish altogether? If not, which can I get?

Icosahedron
12th October 2009, 10:17 PM
When I'm done completing the E4 in Plat, I'm focusing on getting together a team. One member I'm having trouble figuring out if she can learn these moves:

I want an Oddish with: Swords Dance, Razor Leaf, & Teeter Dance. Is there anyway for me to get these moves on an Oddish altogether? If not, which can I get?

The only Pokemon who can breed Teeter Dance onto Oddish is Cacturne; however, because Cacturne cannot learn Razor Leaf, Razor Leaf + Teeter Dance is an illegal breeding combination.

Remember that Swords Dance is a TM. Therefore Razor Leaf + Swords Dance is legal; so is Teeter Dance + Swords Dance.

In order to get Razor Leaf + Swords Dance, use Raticate (Swords Dance by Heart Scale) / Farfetch'd (Swords Dance at Lv. 25) --> Nuzleaf (Razor Leaf by Heart Scale) --> Oddish. But if you have a spare Swords Dance TM, then it's far easier to simply breed only Razor Leaf onto Oddish, and then teach it Swords Dance.

In order to get Teeter Dance + Swords Dance, however, you MUST have a Swords Dance TM. This is because the only way to get Teeter Dance is Spinda (Teeter Dance at Lv. 37) --> Cacnea --> Oddish, and Spinda cannot learn Swords Dance (which means it cannot be bred along with Teeter Dance through the chain).

Worth noting: if you have enough BP, Seed Bomb is a superior physical Grass-type attack move.

Rainbowdashtheawesome
13th October 2009, 2:11 AM
Can I get a Lapras with Horn Drill, Fissure, and Sheer Cold? I know it can get Sheer Cold by level up, but I don't know if it can get the other two at once. Also, as you can imagine, this would be one lethal, cross-eyed little guy; so please tell me if it could also add a move to lower the foe's evasiveness or raise Lapras's accuracy.

Rakurai
13th October 2009, 3:35 AM
Seeing as there aren't any Pokemon other then it capable of learning both Fissure and Horn Drill through any means, it isn't possible. Though Sheer Cold is superior to both, anyways, since nothing is immune to it.

There also isn't anything Lapras can learn to improve its chances of connecting with any of those moves.

Rakurai
13th October 2009, 3:35 AM
Seeing as there aren't any Pokemon other then it capable of learning both Fissure and Horn Drill through any means, it isn't possible. Though Sheer Cold is superior to both, anyways, since nothing is immune to it.

There also isn't anything Lapras can learn to improve its chances of connecting with any of those moves.

NickoTheGuitarist
14th October 2009, 9:55 AM
I was wondering if there was any NPC's pokemon that use stealth rock so I can Sketch it :) Thanks

Minami
14th October 2009, 10:03 AM
I was wondering if there was any NPC's pokemon that use stealth rock so I can Sketch it :) ThanksI don't think there's anybody else besides Roark.

Tiomasta
14th October 2009, 3:40 PM
Yeah, only Roark uses Stealth Rock.
On the normal battle, his Geodude and Onyx have Stealth Rock.
On the rematches, only his Probopass has Stealth Rock.

hOuOugIa
15th October 2009, 2:20 AM
Does Synchronize affects the egg's nature? (a pokemon w/ Synchronize in the front when the egg is hatching)

Tiomasta
15th October 2009, 12:10 PM
Does Synchronize affects the egg's nature? (a pokemon w/ Synchronize in the front when the egg is hatching)

No.
But there is the Everstone trick for that.

deoxyclone
16th October 2009, 12:32 PM
Btw, i have a question..

Can we breed medicham to have thise moveset : fake out, psycho cut, bullet punch, ice punch ?

THX!

TotalPotato
16th October 2009, 5:12 PM
You can't get all of those moves onto a single Medicham. Medicham learns Ice Punch by Heart Scale. However, Bullet Punch and Psycho Cut are incompatible on Medicham.

However, assuming you have Platinum, you can get close to your target moveset by using Zen Headbutt in place of Psycho Cut, by teaching it to Medicham via move tutor. You can breed the other two moves onto Medicham like this:

Hitmonchan (Fake Out from Tyrogue at birth, Bullet Punch at level 16) -> Meditite

hOuOugIa
17th October 2009, 2:30 AM
Is Teeter Dance legal with Nasty Plot on Cacnea?

SSuperFreaKK
18th October 2009, 2:17 AM
Looking for HeartGold/SoulSilver owners that like Masterballs. PM if interested. Need Aron With Head Smash.

TotalPotato
18th October 2009, 2:35 PM
Teeter Dance and Nasty Plot are incompatible on Cacnea.

SSuperFreaKK, this isn't the place to post this. Put that in your signature, or go to the Trade Forum on this board.

Bullz
19th October 2009, 1:12 AM
How do I get Eevee to learn both Curse and Wish?
I have 2 level 58 eevees in daycare with the female knowing curse and the male knowing wish. Thats their only moves. When I get an egg from them the only moves the eevee knows are:

•Tail Whip
•Tackle
•Helping Hand
•Wish

And no curse! What am I doing wrong?

Tiomasta
19th October 2009, 1:38 AM
How do I get Eevee to learn both Curse and Wish?
I have 2 level 58 eevees in daycare with the female knowing curse and the male knowing wish. Thats their only moves. When I get an egg from them the only moves the eevee knows are:

•Tail Whip
•Tackle
•Helping Hand
•Wish

And no curse! What am I doing wrong?

The male is the one that can pass down egg moves. The male must know both moves.

Disaster_Lord
19th October 2009, 1:43 AM
For the curse wish eevee...
Use a male smeargle with those moves sketched then breed with the female eevee hope that helps.

Bullz
19th October 2009, 1:46 AM
How do I do that then? :/

Prince Amrod
19th October 2009, 12:04 PM
sketch both moves with smeargle in a double battle with the pachirisu girls jus south of floaroma town

GameMaster0000
19th October 2009, 3:30 PM
I have little question on egg move

1.When I breed abra with father know

- Psychic (Learn by LV up)
- Focus Blast (Learn by TM)
- Signal Beam (Learn by Tutor)
- Trick (Learn by LV up)

Then chird Abra get two move

- Teleport
- Psychic

It's OK on that I think only one move can pass down to child, but today I start breed Snorlax with father know this.

- Rest(Learn by TM)
- Earthquake(Learn by TM)
- Crunch(LV Up)
- Return(Learn by TM)

Then child get 4 moves

- Tackle
- Rest
- Earthquake
- Return

A child get 3 moves, so I wonder that Alakazam other move won't pass down to child than Psychic.

TotalPotato
19th October 2009, 5:03 PM
Psychic is a TM move, so it can be passed down like an egg move. Focus Blast cannot be passed down to Abra, because Abra cannot learn Focus Blast by TM. Signal Beam and Trick are not egg moves or TM moves, so they cannot be passed down.

GameMaster0000
19th October 2009, 6:19 PM
Psychic is a TM move, so it can be passed down like an egg move. Focus Blast cannot be passed down to Abra, because Abra cannot learn Focus Blast by TM. Signal Beam and Trick are not egg moves or TM moves, so they cannot be passed down.

Thanks, I think all move can be pass down even level up and tutor move.

TotalPotato
19th October 2009, 7:02 PM
Unless a tutor moves also happens to be an egg move, it can't be passed down under any circumstances.

Level-up moves can be passed down if both parents know the move, but it's important to note that this only works if the lowest evolutionary form of the mother's species can learn the move by levelling up. Since the only move Abra can learn by levelling up is Teleport, it can't learn any level-up moves by breeding.

foxyman1167
24th October 2009, 1:18 AM
How can I get an Onix with Curse and Rock Slide in Platinum other than using the TM Rock Slide?

I have a Smeargle with Rock Slide and Curse, and access to every pokemon except Arceus for obvious reasons.

TotalPotato
24th October 2009, 1:39 AM
Onix learns Curse at level 38. You get get Rock Slide by breeding a female Onix with a male Sudowoodo with Rock Slide (level 33) or a male Nosepass with Rock Slide (level 31).

Jordy Kieto
24th October 2009, 2:33 AM
so lets say a I breed a male milotic that knows mirror coat with a female milotic? will the child also know mirror coat?

Tiomasta
24th October 2009, 2:46 AM
so lets say a I breed a male milotic that knows mirror coat with a female milotic? will the child also know mirror coat?

Yes, of course.

foxyman1167
24th October 2009, 4:54 AM
Sorry I forgot to mention I wanted Curse from level one.

TotalPotato
24th October 2009, 1:14 PM
Oh. Well, in that case, follow what I said in the last post, breed until you get a male Onix, raise him to level 38 (so he should have Rock Slide and Curse), then breed him with a female Onix that also knows Curse.

NickoTheGuitarist
24th October 2009, 2:47 PM
I was actually just after someone to sketch Stealth Rock from so my smeargle can make an über Infernape lead :)

ShinyPichu4Ever
24th October 2009, 4:13 PM
I need some help with breeding a Shiny Pichu. I can't use the Masuda method due to the fact that I don't know anyone with a foreign game and because I don't have Wi-Fi yet. And I can't use RNG because I don't have any other shiny's. If anyone could give me any advice then that would be great

andyhaj
25th October 2009, 8:49 PM
Is it possible to breed Budew with Sleep Powder, Extrasensory and Leaf Storm? If so, how?

It would be awesome to have one...

Icosahedron
26th October 2009, 10:46 PM
Is it possible to breed Budew with Sleep Powder, Extrasensory and Leaf Storm? If so, how?

It would be awesome to have one...

Yes, it would. But unfortunately, it's impossible: the only Pokemon that can breed Extrasensory onto Budew are Nuzleaf and Togetic, neither of whom can learn Sleep Powder.

However, Extrasensory + Leaf Storm is legal: just use a male Nuzleaf (Extrasensory at Lv. 49) and evolve it (Shiftry learns Leaf Storm also at Lv. 49), then breed.

Leaf Storm + Sleep Powder is also legal, and is fairly easy to get; simply use Weepinbell (Sleep Powder at Lv. 13) and evolve into Victreebel (Leaf Storm at Lv. 47). Or Exeggcute (Sleep Powder at Lv. 23) and evolve into Exeggutor (Leaf Storm at Lv. 47).

arceus7
27th October 2009, 1:27 AM
how do you get chansey with wish?

I need this ASAP!

TotalPotato
27th October 2009, 2:40 AM
Wish Chansey was a special giveaway at an event at New York Pokémon Center. If you didn't get it then, you can't get a Chansey with Wish.

arceus7
27th October 2009, 3:30 AM
yes but togetic is in the same egg group as chansey and if you give wish to clefairy and breed it with chansey it should get wish

foxyman1167
27th October 2009, 3:33 AM
I'm pretty sure the Togepi line doesn't learn Wish at all.

arceus7
27th October 2009, 3:36 AM
look in serebii dex

Prince Amrod
27th October 2009, 3:56 AM
Chansey can't learn Wish at all. As has already been said, the only way to get Wish Chansey would be the NYPC event

MrPostman
27th October 2009, 9:44 AM
What happened to my post?

ShinyPichu4Ever
27th October 2009, 3:29 PM
What happened to my post?

what post? I don't see it

MrPostman
27th October 2009, 5:02 PM
Exactly. It was deleted, and then replaced with a post of similar content by the potato person..

Black Murder Heavangelon
28th October 2009, 5:46 AM
IV question please reply soon.

I'm breeding a Sneasel and Donphan for an Ice Shard Phanpy. Question is, since pokemon inheret IV's from the father, do they inherit the IV's from the father in diferent spots?

Like this.

Sneasel's IV's:
31/5/x/x/29/28

Child's IV's:
31/29/28/x/x/5

Or:

Sneasel's IV's:
31/5/x/x/29/28

Child's IV's:
31/5/x/x/29/28

Which one happens?

Tiomasta
28th October 2009, 11:15 AM
IV question please reply soon.

I'm breeding a Sneasel and Donphan for an Ice Shard Phanpy. Question is, since pokemon inheret IV's from the father, do they inherit the IV's from the father in diferent spots?

Like this.

Sneasel's IV's:
31/5/x/x/29/28

Child's IV's:
31/29/28/x/x/5

Or:

Sneasel's IV's:
31/5/x/x/29/28

Child's IV's:
31/5/x/x/29/28

Which one happens?

No, that's not it. When it chooses a stat, it will go to that same stat, it won't go to another.
Let me say how it works, in case you have something else.
It's random, and it can choose the same IVs it chose from the other. When it does chooses a stat it already got, then the one he chose last is the one that counts.

1-The game chooses one of the parents.
2-The game chooses a IV.
3-The game chooses a IV which is not Def.
4-The game chooses a IV which is not Def and not HP.

Then the game repeats those 4 steps.
It can get the same stat more than once(in that case, the last it got for that stat is the one that counts).

dpdude
3rd November 2009, 2:30 AM
just one quick question, need a yes or a no, and then mods can close it, i dont care. anyway, can ditto's breed with each other to make baby ditto's? cause my plan was to get a whole box of ditto's, one with each nature, and if i wanted to breed something with a certain nature, it wouldnt have to be a guessing game anymore. and besides, 50% sounds a lot better than 4% doesnt it?

TotalPotato
3rd November 2009, 2:36 AM
No. The first post of this thread has the information you're after.

ComelyCleric~
9th November 2009, 1:18 AM
I have a question about breeding. How can I get quick attack on an Aipom. On the Serebii 4th generation pokemon of the week, it says that Aipom can get quick attack, yet it doesn't say it learns it upon level up.

2fast2good
9th November 2009, 2:19 AM
i have a question, a put my Jolly ditto with 31 iv speed holding a everstone, and a Lax zubat with 31 iv speed, the childs borns with 31 iv in speed, but i already got about 3 boxes of zubats and no one is jolly do somone know why?
if when i put jolly ditto with everstone is suposed the child will be jolly on 50% rigth?

ComelyCleric~
9th November 2009, 4:02 AM
i have a question, a put my Jolly ditto with 31 iv speed holding a everstone, and a Lax zubat with 31 iv speed, the childs borns with 31 iv in speed, but i already got about 3 boxes of zubats and no one is jolly do somone know why?
if when i put jolly ditto with everstone is suposed the child will be jolly on 50% rigth?

Yes, that is the case unless one of the pokemon you are using to breed is from a foreign country, in which case the everstone's effects will be negated. However, if you are using a pokemon from a foreign country, your chances of breeding a shiny pokemon will go up to 1 in 2048 odds. This is called the masuda method. However, if you do not care for shiny pokemon I would advise that whichever pokemon is foreign be taken out and replaced with a pokemon from your own game cartridge, to allow the everstone to take effect. If neither one of your pokemon is from a foreign country, though I doubt this from having hatched three boxes full of pokemon that aren't jolly natured, then you would certainly have to be unlucky.

Prince Amrod
9th November 2009, 4:04 AM
comelycleric: ive jus looked in aipoms entry for pokemon of the week and cant find quick attack mentioned anywhere

2fast2good
9th November 2009, 4:51 AM
Yes, that is the case unless one of the pokemon you are using to breed is from a foreign country, in which case the everstone's effects will be negated. However, if you are using a pokemon from a foreign country, your chances of breeding a shiny pokemon will go up to 1 in 2048 odds. This is called the masuda method. However, if you do not care for shiny pokemon I would advise that whichever pokemon is foreign be taken out and replaced with a pokemon from your own game cartridge, to allow the everstone to take effect. If neither one of your pokemon is from a foreign country, though I doubt this from having hatched three boxes full of pokemon that aren't jolly natured, then you would certainly have to be unlucky.

lol, yes my ditto is for other country, thats the reason so.
But either have luck with shiny zubats :P
well i think i will change the ditto for one of my catrige. So much Thanks.

ComelyCleric~
9th November 2009, 4:55 AM
comelycleric: ive jus looked in aipoms entry for pokemon of the week and cant find quick attack mentioned anywhere

No, it wasn't in Aipom's entry, it was in Ambipoms entry for 4th gen POTW. Under other options, they list quick attack.

2fast2good
9th November 2009, 5:07 AM
yep, it said this:
Quick Attack benefits from Technician too, although Ambipom rarely needs a move to help it strike first, especially in the UU tier where it should be the fastest Pokémon (barring Scarfers and a couple of exceptions).

ComelyCleric~
9th November 2009, 5:46 AM
yep, it said this:
Quick Attack benefits from Technician too, although Ambipom rarely needs a move to help it strike first, especially in the UU tier where it should be the fastest Pokémon (barring Scarfers and a couple of exceptions).

Yes, but can someone please help me by telling me how exactly I can get an Ambipom with quick attack?

Suser
9th November 2009, 6:39 PM
Yes, but can someone please help me by telling me how exactly I can get an Ambipom with quick attack?

I tried looking but could'nt find the answer.

Is it possible to breed Treecko with Energy Ball and Leaf Storm

ComelyCleric~
9th November 2009, 9:29 PM
I tried looking but could'nt find the answer.

Is it possible to breed Treecko with Energy Ball and Leaf Storm

Yes, you simply get a Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra to a high enough level and teach it Leaf Storm. Then, you give the Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra the TM Energy Ball. Now, their offspring should have both moves.Turtwig learns Leaf Storm at lv45, Grotle learns it at lv 52, and Torterra learns it at lv 57.

Toge Tamer
9th November 2009, 9:30 PM
I have a question. If I bred my Bold Baltoy with my Timid Ditto, is there anyway I can pass Baltoy's Bold nature on? Will it work if I attatch an Everstone to Baltoy?

ComelyCleric~
9th November 2009, 9:36 PM
I have a question. If I bred my Bold Baltoy with my Timid Ditto, is there anyway I can pass Baltoy's Bold nature on? Will it work if I attatch an Everstone to Baltoy?

Yes, it will work if you attach an everstone to Baltoy. One of the great things about breeding with Dittos is their diversity in this way. If either parent is the nature that you want, you can have it hold the everstone, and there will be a 50% chance that the nature will be passed down with each egg you hatch.

Toge Tamer
9th November 2009, 9:37 PM
Yes, it will work if you attach an everstone to Baltoy. One of the great things about breeding with Dittos is their diversity in this way. If either parent is the nature that you want, you can have it hold the everstone, and there will be a 50% chance that the nature will be passed down with each egg you hatch.

OK, it's just that only the mother's nature can be passed down, and since neither have genders, it's unclear. Thanks!

ComelyCleric~
10th November 2009, 5:26 AM
OK, it's just that only the mother's nature can be passed down, and since neither have genders, it's unclear. Thanks!

Your welcome. I guess I will have to find out for myself whether or not I can breed Quick Attack onto an Aipom when I have free time, whenever that may be.

Prince Amrod
10th November 2009, 2:19 PM
ambipoms moveset list on serebii, the attackdex, bulbapedia and smogon all agree that you cant get an ambipom with quick attack, even the moveset calculcator says its not a feasible move for it, i think its jus a mistake on the page for it

goku210486
10th November 2009, 2:38 PM

ditto is always classed as the mother unless it is breeding with a female so u can pout the everstone on ditto and it will pass down the 50% cahnce of bold natured passover

Toge Tamer
10th November 2009, 9:43 PM
ditto is always classed as the mother unless it is breeding with a female so u can pout the everstone on ditto and it will pass down the 50% cahnce of bold natured passover

Is it Ditto's nature or either parent's nature? On Emerald it says both, but it's not specified for D/P/Pt

Prince Amrod
11th November 2009, 4:17 PM
whoever is holding the everstone has the 50% chance of passing their nature down. so when breeding with ditto, if ditto is holding the everstone, it always has the 50% chance to pass its nature on

foxyman1167
11th November 2009, 4:21 PM
Btw, to the person wondering about Quick Attack Aipom, why not try with a Smeargle with Quick Attack?

Tiomasta
11th November 2009, 4:32 PM
Btw, to the person wondering about Quick Attack Aipom, why not try with a Smeargle with Quick Attack?

Impossible. Quick Attack isn't a TM, an egg move or a level-up move for Aipom, therefore he can't learn it via breeding.

It's not even a tutor move, not in 3rd gen, not in 4th gen. Must be an event, I guess.

ComelyCleric~
12th November 2009, 5:23 AM
Impossible. Quick Attack isn't a TM, an egg move or a level-up move for Aipom, therefore he can't learn it via breeding.

It's not even a tutor move, not in 3rd gen, not in 4th gen. Must be an event, I guess.

Aipom is not an event pokemon except for one pokemon center event in Japan, and therefor it doesn't get any special event moves. It could have been a mistake on the part of Serebii. I will try and breed an Aipom with Quick Attack when I have the time, like I said, whenever that may be, and I'll probably report the results. Or, if anyone else had the time to try this out, the help would be appreciated.

Prince Amrod
13th November 2009, 4:32 PM
it wont work no matter what you try because aipom cant learn it at all. please listen to what everyone is telling you

Kuji
13th November 2009, 6:02 PM
Let me see if I understand this (from what I have read from past posts)..
I tried looking for a way to chain breen Close Combat and Crunch together to my Ursaring.
If I want my Ursaring to learn EQ (without using the TM), Crunch and Close Combat, I could use Smeargle to Sketch those attacks, then breed it?

foxyman1167
13th November 2009, 6:27 PM
Yep, that seems the only way. Btw, IDK if can learn it, but you could save a TM and sketch Earthquake onto Smeargle, and see if Teddiursa can learn it.

Kuji
13th November 2009, 8:01 PM
I don't think i should have problems with Crunch + Close Combat. I bred an Aron with EQ, so i could use him as well.

7evenLord
15th November 2009, 12:17 AM
I have a bit of a complex problem. I have a Turtwig with stealth rock and I want to move it onto piplup and Chimchar but neither are compatible with Turtwig can some make a chain. to either piplup or chimchar I can get it to the either of them because they're compatible.

foxyman1167
15th November 2009, 12:28 AM
@7EvenLord:

Turtwig w/ Stealth Rock + Female Rhyhorn -> Male Rhyhorn w/ Stealth Rock -> Female Chimchar/Piplup -> Chimchar/Piplup w/ Stealth Rock

Katharina27
17th November 2009, 6:42 AM
Female Eevee
Adamant
Ability- Adaptability
26/31/24/26/28/31

I'm planning to keep her unevolved and I intend to make something more evil and devious than a FEAR Rattata. I'm hesitant to keep her due to her to the fact that she has only two perfect stats but it's not often that you get such a good female Eevee and it's only her Attack and Speed that really matter anyway. On the other hand, I'm breeding with two Pokemon with four perfect stats. My Smeargle has perfect stats in HP, Attack, Defense, Speed and my Adamant Eevee has perfect stats in HP, Attack, Special Defense, and Speed. (I'd have kept her but her ability is Run Away.) My chances of getting a good Eevee have improved dramatically with this girl. What do you think? This is the first time I've ever gotten real serious about breeding.

DuquĘ?
18th November 2009, 12:40 PM
Ok, I have a single doubt:

I'm trying Masuda Method for two pokemon, one of mine and a japanese one. I'm always filling a box with eggs, save and fill another box on the next day. It took me 540 eggs and a shiny pokemon didn't come out yet.

My question is if I need to fill as many boxes as I can in only one save to enlarge the chances of a shiny egg come out early. Or is it irrelevant?

ComelyCleric~
19th November 2009, 2:41 AM
Saving does not affect your chances of finding a shiny pokemon with the Masuda method whatsoever. Feel free to save as many times as you want. Keep in mind that a 1 in 2048 chance of finding a shiny is not very high at all. It will likely take you many more than approx 500 eggs to find a shiny. Just keep in mind that patience and perseverance are key, and the reward is a shiny.

Rezzo
19th November 2009, 5:51 PM
I'm pretty sure there isn't, but just to double check, is there anyway to breed "Roost" from a Pokemon that learns the move naturally, into the Bug Egg Group?

RayRay
19th November 2009, 8:40 PM
How do i get Rock Slide onto Corsola? Ultimately, i want a Lileep with Recover and Rock Slide. I would breed a M Corsola with Recover and Rock Slide with a F Lileep yeah?

If someone says 'Use Smeargle' i'm gonna punch them in the groin.

MrPostman
19th November 2009, 9:07 PM
Male Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar with female Totodile -> Male Totodile + female Corsola -> Male Corsola + female Lileep/Cradily.

Bomb.Exe
19th November 2009, 10:04 PM
I'm pretty sure there isn't, but just to double check, is there anyway to breed "Roost" from a Pokemon that learns the move naturally, into the Bug Egg Group?

No, there isn't. You'll have to use a TM if you want Roost on a Pokémon in the Bug Egg Group.

cookies kill you
19th November 2009, 10:21 PM
i wana do the mausdoa method with a charizard any 1 wana just i dont no breed one and level it up quickly i dont care what level or the moves i just want the black charizard :D

Pandapurse
23rd November 2009, 4:34 PM
I'm really confused on how to get Light Screen and Hypnosis on Feebas...

foxyman1167
23rd November 2009, 5:11 PM
@Pandapurse

Breed a Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath/Politoed with Hypnosis with a female Psyduck/Golduck, level up a male Psyduck/Golduck with Hypnosis until it learns Light Screen, and breed the Psyduck/Golduck with Light Screen and Hypnosis with a female Feebas/Milotic.

I think there is a Light Screen TM in DPPt, if there is, you could skip the Psyduck/Golduck step, and teach a Feebas with Hypnosis Light Screen. If so, make sure its male so you don't waste the TM.

Pandapurse
23rd November 2009, 8:56 PM
^The thing is that Psyduck and Feebas can't learn Light Screen by TM, only through breeding. I've gotten one of the moves on Feebas (Hypnosis) but not both. That's what I'm having trouble with.

MrPostman
23rd November 2009, 9:49 PM
Use Corsola. It learns Light Screen via TM.

Pandapurse
23rd November 2009, 10:15 PM
I have used Corsola to get Light Screen on Feebas, but not Hypnosis. Do I have to chain breed to get both moves on Feebas?

ComelyCleric~
24th November 2009, 2:21 AM
You breed a Smeargle with Hypnosis and Light Screen with a Psyduck. Then, after you hatch a male Psyduck with Hypnosis and Light Screen, you breed it with a female Feebas.

jhakjdg
24th November 2009, 3:44 AM
I've gotten one of the moves on Feebas (Hypnosis) but not both. That's what I'm having trouble with.

Agonist
24th November 2009, 3:56 AM
look above^

R_N
24th November 2009, 5:06 AM
Curiosity strikes and this seems the best place to ask:
Can Move Tutors be passed down to the appropriate young?

ie: Bug Bite Scizor+Ditto=Bug Bite Scyther

Prince Amrod
24th November 2009, 2:14 PM
nope, move tutors moves can only be taught not bred

Prinplup
29th November 2009, 2:13 PM
I bred my Lucario with a Ditto and got a Riolu with Earthquake and Brick Break. I checked Serebii, but they weren't egg moves. So are these new egg moves?

Lifeline
29th November 2009, 2:45 PM
I bred my Lucario with a Ditto and got a Riolu with Earthquake and Brick Break. I checked Serebii, but they weren't egg moves. So are these new egg moves?

No, Earthquake and Brick Break are TMs, which always can be passed down, as long as the father and the baby both can learn them. So I guess they're a kind of eggmove.

foxyman1167
29th November 2009, 2:52 PM
Curiosity strikes and this seems the best place to ask:
Can Move Tutors be passed down to the appropriate young?

ie: Bug Bite Scizor+Ditto=Bug Bite Scyther

Actually, some can. For example, if I tutor a Machamp any of the elemental punches, the baby will hatch and know them because the Elemental punches are also egg moves of Machamp.

Prince Amrod
29th November 2009, 6:46 PM
that doesnt count as passing on move tutored moves but instead acts as the same as breeding say a hitmonchan with the elemental punches with a female of the machamp line.

Lucos
4th December 2009, 11:44 AM
I don't understand, how can I get woodhammer on torterra? According to the Serebii site it should learn woodhammer by level up, but when I check which level it supposed to learn woodhammer on there is just a '-' written down.

Also, when I try to breed my female Torterra with my male Snover who knows woodhammer and ingrain, I won't get any Turtwigs with those moves.

I have the same problem with breeding ice punch on a Sneasel. I don't have any pokémon who knows ice punch, I can't find a TM for ice punch and somehow Medicham should be able to learn ice punch but I have yet not a single Medicham with ice punch. How do I get the job done?

Prince Amrod
4th December 2009, 11:56 AM
heart scale, take it to pastoria and use a heart scale to make the pokemon remember it.
a - next to the pokemon's move means it is only capable of learning it by heart scale unless its pre evolutions already know that move

Tiomasta
4th December 2009, 2:47 PM
Yeah, Heart Scale.

The Turtwigs you got didnt know Wood Hammer because they don't have Wood Hammer on their level-up movelist, only Torterra does.

Also, did you know that Piplup and Prinplup do not learn Swords Dance by level up, but Empoleon does... At level 16. That's a Heart Scale-only move, too.

Agonist
4th December 2009, 2:58 PM
@lucos, to get sneasel with ice punch, get a male medicham with ice punch, breed it with buneary, get a male one, then breed it with female sneasel and you'll get sneasel with ice punch

ungulateman
5th December 2009, 2:47 AM
Or use the Platinum move tutor. Your choice.

NU,UU pokemon master
5th December 2009, 2:54 AM
I tried to breed a mawile to learn ice,thunder,fire and poison fang but i havent had any success

NU,UU pokemon master
5th December 2009, 2:55 AM
I tried to breed a mawile to learn ice,thunder,fire and poison fang but i havent had any success

cookies kill you
5th December 2009, 2:56 AM
im trying to teach my murkrow sky attack i cant wait

foxyman1167
5th December 2009, 3:01 AM

Who are the parents?

NU,UU pokemon master
5th December 2009, 3:02 AM
well i breed a glalie with a mawile and then a flareon if i remeber right with the same the offspring of the previous breeding but it will not learn both ice and fire fang

MrPostman
5th December 2009, 3:02 AM
Male Seviper with Poison Fang + female ekans/arbok -> male ekans w/poison fang. Evolve Ekans and then use heart scales to get Thunder/Fire/Ice Fangs. Breed with female Mawile.

NU,UU pokemon master
5th December 2009, 3:03 AM
well i breed a glalie with a mawile and then a flareon if i remeber right with the same the offspring of the previous breeding but it will not learn both ice and fire fang

NU,UU pokemon master
5th December 2009, 3:10 AM
another question i tried to breed a spinda to learn both wish and rock slide help please

MrPostman
5th December 2009, 3:37 AM
Both? http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Wish_Lickitung#Lickitung and use Rock Slide TM on it.

Good luck?

Tiomasta
5th December 2009, 3:41 AM
another question i tried to breed a spinda to learn both wish and rock slide help please

The only way to do that is by getting just Wish on it, then using the Rock Slide TM on it.

MrPostman
5th December 2009, 3:49 AM
D'ohh!

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Dragon trainer
8th December 2009, 1:21 AM
How can i get Ice punch and Cross chop onto an Elekid?

foxyman1167
8th December 2009, 1:36 AM
@Dragon trainer

Medicham (M) w/ Ice Punch + (F) Machop/Machoke/Machamp = (M) Machop/Machoke/Machamp w/ Ice Punch.

Level up the (M) Machop/Machoke/Machamp w/ Ice Punch until it learns Cross Chop, and then breed him with a (F) Electabuzz/Electivire.

Dragon trainer
8th December 2009, 1:51 AM
Foxyman1167 thanks for the help.

Would this work for a Wish/Baton Pass Eevee M Togetic w/Baton Pass and Wish --> F Eevee?

foxyman1167
8th December 2009, 2:08 AM

Would this work for a Wish/Baton Pass Eevee M Togetic w/Baton Pass and Wish --> F Eevee?

Idk what you're trying to do? There is no way of hatching an Eevee with Wish with a Togetic as the mother or the father, as Togetic doesn't learn Wish.

foxyman1167
8th December 2009, 2:58 AM

Idk what you're trying to do? There is no way of hatching an Eevee with Wish with a Togetic as the mother or the father, as Togetic doesn't learn Wish.

foxyman1167
8th December 2009, 4:42 AM

MrPostman
8th December 2009, 9:57 AM
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Togetic_(Pok%C3%A9mon)#By_leveling_up
Lv.28 geez.

foxyman1167
8th December 2009, 3:19 PM

The Eevee out of the Egg would only know Wish. If you leveled up the Eevee mother to learn Baton Pass, then the Eevee from the Egg would know both Wish and Baton Pass, as level up moves can only be passed down if both parents know them, and the baby can learn it.

7evenLord
12th December 2009, 11:20 PM
nevermind
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

treeko777
13th December 2009, 12:07 AM
i amm going to breed a bagon with hydro pump

TheFreshness
13th December 2009, 9:03 PM
i am trying to hatch an adamant shroomish but im coming up on egg number 50 and have had no luck...do one of the parents have to have a certain nature or something or am i just unlucky?

gamerdude123
14th December 2009, 9:46 AM
you need a male seadra and a female bagon breed and you got a hydro pumping bagon

greyinferno
14th December 2009, 8:11 PM
i am trying to hatch an adamant shroomish but im coming up on egg number 50 and have had no luck...do one of the parents have to have a certain nature or something or am i just unlucky?

you're probably just unlucky. i hatched a good 50 eggs before i got an adamant male ralts. just hang in there

foxyman1167
14th December 2009, 8:16 PM

If you have a female Shroomish/Ditto with an Adamant nature, you can give it an everstone, and the offspring have a 50% chance of being Adamant natured.

tyranitar90
16th December 2009, 7:07 AM
yeah, also make a male shroomish with good att ivs be with a adamantfemale one with good ivs so you have a really good chance of having good babies. its how i breed and its easy.

Scrible
17th December 2009, 10:54 PM
I have a question. I bred Mawile with Serviper and the eggs hatched knowing Sludge Bomb. I bred a female Mawile with Sludge Bomb to an Empoleon and the eggs hatched knowing Swords Dance only (obviously >.>).

Is there any pokemon I can use to breed BOTH Sludge Bomb and Swords Dance on Mawile? I'm also looking to breed Punishment through Infernape but I think that's overkill xD;;

Rakurai
17th December 2009, 11:06 PM
Smeargle is the only Pokemon that can learn both of those moves, and is capable of breeding with Mawile.

MrPostman
17th December 2009, 11:11 PM
You can teach it with TM75 if you have it.

Scrible
17th December 2009, 11:21 PM
I don't have TM 75 but I'm sure I can get it :)

Wouldn't it be a tad difficult to locate a Pokemon to sketch the moves off?

And, if I go ahead and teach it Sludge Bomb through TM, which other move would be better; Swords Dance or Punishment?

Thanks guys! =)

Lufiji
17th December 2009, 11:49 PM
I have a question about the HG/SS breeding mechanics.

It has been announced that the power items (If given to both parents) are given to a Pokemon going into daycare it's eggs will have the IVs of a certain stat of the parents depending on which power item you give to it. It has also been said that if the parents don't have the same power items theres only a 50% chance of the IVs passing down. Now my questions are:

1. If the parents do have the same power item, which parents IVs are passed down?

2. If the parents have different power items is it a 50% chance of it passing down both IVs from the power items or a 50% chance of each IV passing down making it a 25% chance of both being passed on?

blckdemondrgn
18th December 2009, 12:41 AM
Wouldn't it be a tad difficult to locate a Pokemon to sketch the moves off?

best way to learn moves with sketch, find a low lv trainers for a double battle and copy the move from your 2nd pokemon with smeargle. few exceptions where this doesn't work well your best off with deleting all moves except the one you want to learn, encounter a ditto, let it transform into the pokemon, switch back to smeargle to sketch the move. You might be able to pull this off in a double battle with your own ditto but haven't tested this out - in theory it should work. Some moves that are hard to sketch: substitute, baton pass, etc.

I have a question about the HG/SS breeding mechanics.

It has been announced that the power items (If given to both parents) are given to a Pokemon going into daycare it's eggs will have the IVs of a certain stat of the parents depending on which power item you give to it. It has also been said that if the parents don't have the same power items theres only a 50% chance of the IVs passing down. Now my questions are:

1. If the parents do have the same power item, which parents IVs are passed down?

2. If the parents have different power items is it a 50% chance of it passing down both IVs from the power items or a 50% chance of each IV passing down making it a 25% chance of both being passed on?

I think your mistaking it with everstone nature passing. To my knowledge and according to serebii's page: http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/breeding.shtml, this should be 100% passing of IVs each. With this you should easily guarantee two IVs of your choice and leave the third IV random as well as nature random.

When I get this game I personally would do 2 power items over 1 item and everstone since it is better to have 2 guarantees than 1 guarantee and a 50-54% chance with nature.

SteveShmo
22nd December 2009, 5:13 PM
I want a Ralts with Destiny bond and Trick Room.
The problem is that I already use Trick Room on my Dusknoir who's a male. I'm not sure if I'm able to chain breed so that I could get Trick Room from Dusknoir and Destiny bond for a Gengar or something.

foxyman1167
22nd December 2009, 5:35 PM
I want a Ralts with Destiny bond and Trick Room.
The problem is that I already use Trick Room on my Dusknoir who's a male. I'm not sure if I'm able to chain breed so that I could get Trick Room from Dusknoir and Destiny bond for a Gengar or something.

Yep, that can work. Gastly can learn Trick Room through TM, so breed with Dusknoit, and level up until it learns Destiny Bond. Then breed with Ralts and viola!

SteveShmo
22nd December 2009, 5:46 PM
Yep, that can work. Gastly can learn Trick Room through TM, so breed with Dusknoit, and level up until it learns Destiny Bond. Then breed with Ralts and viola!

(Slaps forehead) That was my original plan months ago, but I didn't do because I was to lazy to level up the Gastly. Completely forgot about it. Thanks a bunch.

Nebbio
23rd December 2009, 10:31 PM
Whats your problem! Is it possible for a Pokemon to learn a TM/HM/Egg move then evolve it into a form which can't learn the move?

Tiomasta
24th December 2009, 12:55 AM
Whats your problem! Is it possible for a Pokemon to learn a TM/HM/Egg move then evolve it into a form which can't learn the move?

Uh, there is no such thing. No TM/HM will work only on an unevolved form, and egg moves...

There are a few level-up moves which can't be learned by certain pokes after they evolve, like how Shroomish learns Spore, but Breloom does not. In this case, you evolve normally and get to keep the move.

Nebbio
24th December 2009, 11:48 AM
Wait I thought about it and now I might know one. Teach Eevve Shadow Ball evolve into a Flareon.

Roknar
24th December 2009, 4:29 PM
Great, great job. I was looking for something like this. You obviously spent a lot of time on it.

Thank you.

Nebbio
24th December 2009, 10:11 PM
Is there any other Pokemon with weird moves like the Evee I said earlier?

Ksi
24th December 2009, 10:44 PM
I am kinda looking for something... How can Shellder/ Cloyster learn Rapid Spin through breeding when there are no parents listed?

AlexKZ
24th December 2009, 10:51 PM
I am kinda looking for something... How can Shellder/ Cloyster learn Rapid Spin through breeding when there are no parents listed?

Rapid Spin on a Shellder require a chain breed. You need someone from the Sqirtle line to breed Rapid Spin on a Kabuto. Then breed the Kabuto with Shellder.

Disaster_Lord
25th December 2009, 12:00 AM
i wanted to ask about this roserade...

Energy ball---learned by tm.
Sludge bomb---learned by tm
spikes---breed
sleep powder---breed

Someone used this set against me in a wi-fi battle and i want to ask if this set is now available or if it is still ilegal in standard rozerade, if it is how can i breed one or something similar.

ianflowforever
25th December 2009, 12:20 AM
I looked at the list of egg moves, well, I believe there may be an error with skitty.
I recently wanted to amuse myself by doing HSOWA, which, worked sucessfully.
The female was skitty, male was wailord.
The skitty offspring (male), had simple moves, but it's fourth move, was rest, which was a move of wailord.
I believe rest may be needed to be added to the list of skitty's egg moves.

MrPostman
25th December 2009, 12:26 AM
This is the wrong place for that, and Rest is a TM. TM's get passed down from the father.

ianflowforever
25th December 2009, 12:59 AM
This is? Seemed a bit confusing, this is an egg move thread, and a discussion thread, so wouldn't a discussion on the egg move be appropriate?

Technically it is a tm, but when I caught the wailord when it was a wailmer, it had rest, which, was passed down to skitty.
Strangely, wouldn't that mean almost all egg moves are tms?

Prince Amrod
25th December 2009, 8:26 PM
no, if the tm is available to the female line nd the male knows that move then it will be passed down. but only if both those conditions are fulfilled

MrPostman
25th December 2009, 9:01 PM
It's the right place for talking about breeding, but not for talking about suggestions or mistakes on Serebii. You'd be looking for that here. http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

trade_me_for_a_celebi
26th December 2009, 6:21 PM
someone who can help me, please pm or post on my lookup

i have a female shuckle trying to breed for a male one to breed w/ my jap ditto but the shuckle doesnt make an egg with anyone ive tried. if u know anyone shuckle breeds with (female), pm me or post on my lookup. thank you.

warnerbroman
9th January 2010, 10:00 PM
I love the GTS. I use it for a few reasons.
1. To get different ID numbers on my game for the lottery. I usually put up my female charmanders that I have leftover from breeding my shiny charmander. I ask for Bidoof's in return and once a nice person gave me their shiny Bidoof.
2. I collect different Ditto's. I want them to be from a differnt country so that I can breed my shinies and 9 times out of 10 they come from Japan. I am trying to get a collection of different natures together so that I can choose the nature of my shiny!

Both of these reasons are perfect for doing over the GTS and because I'm not asking for anything really hard to come by, I haven't yet recieved a hack.

Using the GTS for other purposes isn't as good I suppose. I've given up looking for Pokemon as even the commonest of Pokemon wants a Darkrai or Mew in return!

wait an everstone ditto did work even if it's foreign?

MokKish
9th January 2010, 11:10 PM
wait an everstone ditto did work even if it's foreign?

No, the everstone does not work when using parents from different language versions.. Maybe the person you quoted didn't know this and therefor made a mistake or just happens to be super lucky if she's actually hatched shiny babies of correct nature..

Issaaacc
11th January 2010, 9:18 PM
why is there no entry for Gallade

(need to know how to get shadow sneak & hypnosis on same set...)

MrPostman
11th January 2010, 9:34 PM
Kirlia learns Hypnosis at lv. 50. (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/281.shtml#attacks) So just breed a male one with Shadow Sneak and level it up.

Issaaacc
16th January 2010, 12:03 PM
Can you get Barrier and Recover On The Same set of a Cradily?

Chim-Charred!
17th January 2010, 11:41 AM
I breed every Pokémon I use and it really does make a difference in their strenght. I've been wanting to train a Girantina for my competive roster but I can't breed legendary Pokémon. How do you get strong legendaries if you can't even breed them?

Also, about Gallade, how do you teach it Close Combat before level 50 so it can still be used in tournaments?

Bunface
17th January 2010, 5:59 PM
This may be a really stupid question, but when eggs hatch in the 4th generation games, are the Pokemon at level 5 or level 1? I've been reading about all these Pokemon at level 1 at various points in the forum, and as I've not played a Pokemon game since FR/LG, I was wondering if it had changed. Thanks in advance. ;).

arceus7
17th January 2010, 6:05 PM
This may be a really stupid question, but when eggs hatch in the 4th generation games, are the Pokemon at level 5 or level 1? I've been reading about all these Pokemon at level 1 at various points in the forum, and as I've not played a Pokemon game since FR/LG, I was wondering if it had changed. Thanks in advance. ;). yess it has changed in the 4th generation

Bunface
17th January 2010, 6:07 PM
yess it has changed in the 4th generation

Ok, good. :). I think the idea of lvl 1 babies suits the concept better. Thanks for your help. ;)

MrPostman
17th January 2010, 7:08 PM
Can you get Barrier and Recover On The Same set of a Cradily?
Cradily only gets Barrier from Tentacruel and Recover from Corsola so no.

I breed every Pokémon I use and it really does make a difference in their strenght. I've been wanting to train a Girantina for my competive roster but I can't breed legendary Pokémon. How do you get strong legendaries if you can't even breed them?
Also, about Gallade, how do you teach it Close Combat before level 50 so it can still be used in tournaments?
RNG abuse.
You can't?

Agonist
17th January 2010, 7:26 PM
Yah lileep can get barrier and recover, breed barrier onto corsola, then level corsala so it learns recover, then breed that and lileep

Tiomasta
18th January 2010, 2:33 PM

Most people SR for great legendaries.
Of course, it's way longer than with a normal pokemon, because they may take so much time to catch.
Unless you trade for a Masterball or something.

DarkInsight
20th January 2010, 11:29 PM
I just picked up pokemon platinum recently and got back into the series, I had diamond after it released but stopped playing, and I cant remember much about breeding.
I looked over the first post here, and maybe I overlooked it, but when breeding, are natures random, and, can you get an ability of one pokemon onto a different pokemon? ( EX: I wanted to see if I could get an Eevee's Adaptability onto a Houndor. )

MrPostman
20th January 2010, 11:47 PM
Natures are random unless you have a female poke or ditto hold an Everstone in the Pokémon Day Care, where Pokémon bred will have a 50% chance of having the nature of the holder.

And no, you can't do anything of the sort with Abilities.

DarkInsight
20th January 2010, 11:57 PM
Ahh alright, I didnt think I could change abilities, but oddly enough, I put my houndours in the day care and the first one that just hatched was the exact nature I wanted :D Thanks for the info

Penguinist Trainer
23rd January 2010, 9:31 PM
I'm not sure if this is possible because I've never done it before. Can I trade pokemon eggs for pokemon? If this is possible, who would be the original trainer, would it be the trainer who hatched the egg, or the trainer who bred the egg?

The reason I'm asking is because I would like to EV train all my pokemon for HG/SS. I was thinking it might be easier if I bred a bunch of eggs and traded them over. But obviously traded pokemon aren't likely to obey at the beginning of the game, which is why I'm asking about trading eggs.

MokKish
23rd January 2010, 10:00 PM
I'm not sure if this is possible because I've never done it before. Can I trade pokemon eggs for pokemon? If this is possible, who would be the original trainer, would it be the trainer who hatched the egg, or the trainer who bred the egg?

The reason I'm asking is because I would like to EV train all my pokemon for HG/SS. I was thinking it might be easier if I bred a bunch of eggs and traded them over. But obviously traded pokemon aren't likely to obey at the beginning of the game, which is why I'm asking about trading eggs.

You can trade eggs and the OT will be the trainer who hatches them. It'll be hard to EV train the pokemon at the beginning of the game tho, so the choice is yours.

Mr. Joker
1st February 2010, 6:35 AM
Hey people! I was wondering, how can I get a Shinx to know both Fire Fang and Ice Fang, if that's possible. Your help would be greatly appreated!

hungryguy
1st February 2010, 6:49 AM
Hey people! I was wondering, how can I get a Shinx to know both Fire Fang and Ice Fang, if that's possible. Your help would be greatly appreated!

The following pokemon can learn both via level up and are in the right egg group:
ekans/arbok
Snubull/granbull
exploud
hippowdon

Also smeargle can sketch both.

Mr. Joker
1st February 2010, 6:59 AM
The following pokemon can learn both via level up and are in the right egg group:
ekans/arbok
Snubull/granbull
exploud
hippowdon

Also smeargle can sketch both.

Okay, thanks. But in what order do I breed them?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I am new to egg move chaining.

MrPostman
1st February 2010, 7:19 AM
Just use two Heart Scales on any of those so you can just breed them with Shinx.

kaorusquee
1st February 2010, 7:36 AM
I think this is perhaps the dumbest question I've ever asked, but how does Smeargle sketch the move you want? Do you have to encounter it in the wild and use the move you want sketched, or is there another way?

hungryguy
1st February 2010, 7:43 AM
Okay, thanks. But in what order do I breed them?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I am new to egg move chaining.

have a female of a shinx (or something in its evo line) and a male pokemon knowing the move. Most pokemon which learn it you will need a heart scale to get the move.

You sketch a move by using sketch after your opponent uses its move. But you have to be very lucky, or encore the move, switch out, and then sketch it.otherwise it might not use the move you want.
edit:battling other NPC's work as well, and you can alsogo into a double battle with smeargle and your own pokemon with the move. Make the pokemon use it on an opponent and use sketch on your partner, much more reliable

Lolitar
2nd February 2010, 4:55 AM
Hay, I needed help, I'm trying to breed a bagon with dragon dance, so.. i went to celestic town and caught a female bagon with pretty good iv's, and then, i realized that im too lazy to train a gyrados to learn dragon dance. Is it true that there's like a level 54 male gyrados that knows dragon dance in that river below solaceon town? It would help, i heard it's just a rumor but.. Is it true that theres level 50 gyrados in that lake full of 35 gyarados's?

t00lb0x31
2nd February 2010, 5:46 AM
the pond in twinleaf has high leveled gyarados, 35-55 i believe

Prince Amrod
2nd February 2010, 6:04 PM
or the basement of victory road has high level gyarados, some do carry dragon dance. super road has 100% chance of catching them there

Seryu
4th February 2010, 3:50 PM
Hello! I am wandering... I have a USA Platinium game and I will buy a Great Britain Heart gold or Soul silver... i have been catching every nature ditto. Now I am scared... I wanted to have all ditto to breed on HGSS. Same language another country. Well in worst case I can still breed my dittos to have all nature abra with the synchornise ability... That will take a while. :(

MrPostman
4th February 2010, 4:33 PM
Just what are you asking?

Seryu
4th February 2010, 6:13 PM
If the Ditto+everstone Tricks works If I buy the English (europe) version Knowing that I have the English (USA) version.

zero2exe
11th February 2010, 5:04 PM
As far as I know the ditto + everstone should kick in as the brit. english one doesn't count as from a different region. (which doesnt activate the masuda method as well)

1ee7leader
15th February 2010, 7:20 PM
Can someone tell me the chain I have to do in order to get an Elekid with Ice Punch and Cross Chop. I can't remember, it's been a while since I did this. Thanks.

Prince Amrod
15th February 2010, 9:28 PM
i think it was hitmonchan to lv30 so it learns elemental puches, breed with female machop line, get male offspring to lv40something to learn cross chop nd breed that with female electabuzz line

1ee7leader
15th February 2010, 10:34 PM
i think it was hitmonchan to lv30 so it learns elemental puches, breed with female machop line, get male offspring to lv40something to learn cross chop nd breed that with female electabuzz line

Thanks, but I'm sure there was another way, do you know any other methods? I don't want to take too long breeding Pokemon then having to train them, I don't have the time. I want the fastest way please. Thank you.