PDA

View Full Version : Toughest Boss? (Mystery Dungeon)

Black_Winged_Angel
21st July 2007, 4:36 AM
I haven't gotten too far past Rayquaza- only post Rayquaza boss I've fought is Kyogre.

Personally, I really hated Moltres. I did. You can't bring along anyone but your partner from the very beginning, which, unfortunately, happened to be Chikorita (named Saria ^^), and I think I got mauled five or six times before somehow I finally managed to win. I wasn't really able to help out much either, I chose Torchic. Second hardest would have to be Articuno- still hard because of Saria's Ice weakness, but not insanely difficult because of Arty's Fire weakness. I have to admit Powder Snow is really irritating. Third hardest? Rayquaza. I managed to get Ruko (Shuppet) to lay a Curse on it, and it took away about, like, 150 damage in one blow. Ruko got KOed afterwards, though.

And if you say Monster House, it doesn't just occur in Sky Tower. In fact, I didn't encounter one there, but I managed to get, like, two in a row in the Magma Cavern. Very annoying, but not one of the toughest.

Aura Sphere
21st July 2007, 5:26 AM
I get past articuno easily with agility and flamethrower. also, the hardest one for me was entei since my moltres was a fire type as well. Latios was easy

Shiny qwilfish of doom
21st July 2007, 3:48 PM
latios was easy for me too.shot two ice beams from my articuno and hes toast.i had trouble on groudon.took me three weeks to cook him!

Baam
21st July 2007, 6:36 PM
yer groudon smashed me about 20 times

Fairy_Umbreon
3rd August 2007, 10:10 PM
Rrrrrg Moltres I really hated it, but the hardest has been Ho OH

Crystal king
3rd August 2007, 11:09 PM
Considering that my starter was Totodile and my partner was Cyndaquil, I strangly had the hardest time on Articuno out of all the bosses, it was either that or Jirachi or Rayquaza

ninjascyther
4th August 2007, 3:10 AM
moltres was the hardest for me, though my team then was charmander and bulbasaur. I found groudon the easiest because I just growled about 6 times because he starts off about 6 steps away - It works out better than throwing a gravelerock because when the boss reaches you they can hardley do any damage. ;123;

U DIE TONIGHT
4th August 2007, 3:23 AM
All the bosses I faced so far have been relatively easy. Of course thats only the bosses the story goes through, but they were still to easy. I have learned one thing from them, and thats that Attract is your friend. :D

Mr. Yoshi
4th August 2007, 3:57 AM
articuno was the hardest. it keeps using powder snow.

RaiBlade
4th August 2007, 10:58 AM
All the Bosses were extremely easy but Rayquaza,It's not even hard.
But I had trouble with him But,I defeated him with Ice Beams
from My Cute Mudkip. ^_^

hpfreak725
7th August 2007, 5:22 AM
I never had any trouble on the bosses, I started out evenly as a skitty, and none of the bosses are fighting pokemon. I killed them all with doubleslap. Doubleslap is an awesome move, as it has as much power as tackle, but attacks 1-5 times!

hpfreak725
7th August 2007, 5:27 AM
Oh yeah, for those of you that had trouble on Groudon, befriend an onix in the last couple of levels, then when facing Groudon, deselect all of the onix's moves execpt screech. Select the IQ ability "exclusive move user" and watch Groudon's defences pummel while you attack it! :)

Deputy55
7th August 2007, 5:34 AM
For some reason, just getting to Rayquaza was difficult but beating him was simple. I started about a week ago so I beat Rayquaza though so now I am training for Kyogre. However, actually all of the bosses semmed easy for me. So for now, I will say Kyogre. :P

battlefrontiertrainer
7th August 2007, 5:55 AM
Articuno was hard for me 'cause of Treecko as my partner otherwise I got past most bosses no prob

mewfanforlife
7th August 2007, 5:58 AM
I had some trouble with Zapdos, but none of the bosses were that hard.

blindskater
7th August 2007, 7:11 AM
Articuno, it kept using Powder snow, usually killing me.

Rayquaza was hard, but I somehow beat it while confused and with under 8HP on my first try.

Silver_Dialga
7th August 2007, 7:31 AM
The only one that got me worried was Zapdos, since I was Mudkip and my partner Pikachu, but he was strangely easy. No one else was very difficult either.

ElementEevee
7th August 2007, 7:37 AM
I found out that all of the bosses are really easy. Since I'm an Eevee and my partner is a Torchic. But I got to admit that Deoxys was a bit annoying.

blindskater
7th August 2007, 7:42 AM
Deoxys was annoying too. I beat him like 20 times with Friend Bow and lv. 60 Raichu, but I can never recruit it.

Mr. Marill
7th August 2007, 12:10 PM
I found the Magma Cavern hard, but Groudon easy. Yead, and Attract is just win.

The only after storyline boss who's beaten me was Ho-Oh. I was Eevee (now Jolt) but I ran out of PP on the dungeon and got smashed.

I thought most of the bosses were easy, despite me having a bad partner (Pikachu) I got Kyogre on my first try and I'm trying to train up and have another go at Ho-Oh.

davidone10
7th August 2007, 1:24 PM
I found most of the bosses were a joke, except rayquaza that creamed me the first time I fought him due to the fact that it was 10 o'clock at night, and I was exhausted by the the sky pillar. I accidentally moved away from rayquaza, and he killed my partner.

Garmmon
7th August 2007, 2:17 PM
I haven't found any of the bosses particularly difficult; it's more of their dungeons, especially the 99-floor ones. Monster houses used to be a worry, but now they're absolutely no problem with my Articuno's Powder Snow. Just need trainig and such ^^' (or it might be the fact that I'm overtraining...)

If I had to say something, it'd be Ho-Oh. I'm somewhat annoyed by his Recover attack.

PsychedelicJellyfish
8th August 2007, 12:46 PM
I found Ho-oh really hard for some reason, so my vote goes to him.

Hardest to recruit was Deoxys (grr).

bookist
8th August 2007, 3:01 PM
for me it was either articuno (me bulbasaur partner totodile) moltres or zapados. All of tyhem know one move i hate and zapados doesnt help totodile

Dummy
8th August 2007, 4:14 PM
None of them really, but I remember dieing in the magma cavern cause of a mistake -_-

swampert55
10th August 2007, 2:27 AM
Articuno. I was Mudkip at the time and my partner Chikorita, so Gust killed Chikorita multiple times.

pikadon92
12th August 2007, 11:29 AM
Before finishing the entire storyline, articuno is the hardest. Leader charmander took huge damage from its powder snow (even type advantage didn't help either) and my partner was a chikorita.

Ikito
12th August 2007, 1:23 PM
i havnt vesred it yet but i reckon jirachi cus when you get to him your only like lv 30 and hes lv 45 and know rest

Garmmon
13th August 2007, 10:35 AM
Not necessarily...(but I overtrain...), when I got to him/her/it I was like 50-ish. XD I wonder why everybody's saying Articuno's hard, I found him really easy in the main storyline. =\ Even when my partner was Treecko. (who has really weak Sp. def)

Ikito
13th August 2007, 10:49 AM
i cant even get to jirachi 0_0 no way

Garmmon
13th August 2007, 11:11 AM
Just follow the wish Cave guides (I bet there's at least one around here) and you should do fairly well. Good Pokemon and item choices helps. ;)

All of tyhem know one move i hate and zapados doesnt help totodile
You can counter Thundershock and Thunderwave if you recruit an Electrike, because of its Lightningrod ability, which makes those moves ineffective, and therefore Zapdos won't be that big a threat to Totodile.

blueparukia
13th August 2007, 11:31 AM
Ho-oh definetly, took me 2 times to beat him.

Mewtwo was made out to be really strong - I beat him in two shots both times

lunic
13th August 2007, 2:15 PM
Rayquaza. My team, Machop leader, Torchic partner, and an absol were killed on are way up to him on the first time.

damasta
13th August 2007, 2:24 PM
Groudon was hard with my pikachu. But, about ten secret powers got it confused and i just beat it.

Zebi
16th August 2007, 12:08 AM
Me: Squirtle
Partner: Pikachu

Pikachu I just set to use thunder wave all the time and it's easy XD

The birds I ice beamed, thanks to a TM lol, hardest one was moltres out of them but meh.. Thunder wave + thunderbolt made quick work of all of 'em..

Groudon was easy, linked my squirtles Water Gun and Bubble with Pika being the t-waver..

Rayquaza was easier, weak to ice beam, weak to pika's t-bolt.. And absol was there to take damage, lol.

Thats as far as I've gotten though so yea..

Garmmon
16th August 2007, 11:00 AM
Rayquaza. My team, Machop leader, Torchic partner, and an absol were killed on are way up to him on the first time.

That's Sky Tower. I agree Sky Tower is hard at first. But really Rayquaza is a piece of cake, especially if you have the Ice Beam move, which deals him 200% damage, I think, because of his dual weakness.

May Ketchum
16th August 2007, 3:20 PM
The hardest was Lugia's dungeon, I get blasted to those stupid Dewgong's and the moronic Sheer Cold !
They were all pretty easy for me

Me: Squirtle
Partner: Pika

Draknir
16th August 2007, 3:37 PM
The Hardest Boss? In my opinion, they were all too easy, I took down Lugia in 3 Shots AND Recruited it. But the Hardest boss to GET to is Deoxys, stupid phatom Deoxys.

jjdoom
20th August 2007, 10:59 PM
ugh lets see ho-oh took me one try uhhh Mewtwo is the hardest i cant beat it i started over but my easyst was all the fire type bosses i kill them fast

jjdoom
20th August 2007, 11:03 PM
Not necessarily...(but I overtrain...), when I got to him/her/it I was like 50-ish. XD I wonder why everybody's saying Articuno's hard, I found him really easy in the main storyline. =\ Even when my partner was Treecko. (who has really weak Sp. def)
i agree articono is ez

Bungy2
20th August 2007, 11:29 PM
None were hard if you used agility. I still haven't recruited deoxys

Captain Murkrow
21st August 2007, 8:33 PM
The 75F one-room monster house in Silver Trench.

Pokemon__
21st August 2007, 10:01 PM
Articuno because of the Powder Snow.

ellis10
28th August 2007, 10:46 AM
moltres was easy and groundon was but RAQUAZA WOW-EE SUPER EASY I DIDNT LOSE ONCE AND I HAD A MUDKIP AND A TREECKO

thelittlelegend
28th August 2007, 12:59 PM
Zapdos seeing that im squirtle it doesnt help much with the attacks

Crasher
28th August 2007, 5:15 PM
Moltres. I was a Torchic, my partner Bulbasaur. Took me 10 goes.

Darkmaster Rannon
3rd September 2007, 11:48 PM
let's see on my first game Rayquaza, second it was moltres and third, what are you kidding Cubone can't be beat by any boss...

Elite4Lance
12th September 2007, 11:37 AM
Well for some reason i have had no problems on any boss in the game and i am about to fight Mewtwo later, i started out as Cubone but now i am always using my partner who is now a Venusaur(My partner was soooo better than me.) And also strangely enough i have been having an unusual amount of luck recruiting some of the bosses...I recruited Groudon on the 3rd try,got Deoxys on the 2nd try,and all 3 birds on the first try(well actually 2nd due to the story line...).

Team Thunderstar
12th September 2007, 12:22 PM
for me, moltres andarticuno were toughest because my partner was a chikorita

light_trainer921
12th September 2007, 1:32 PM
I had no problem on the bosses at the story but battling Articuno at the 2nd time(after beating Rayquaza) is hard because he's freezing me with Ice Beam.

Commander Blitzkrieg
13th September 2007, 3:18 AM
Articuno. No question. But I guess that's because my team was Psyduck and Bulbasaur (he kept dying).

Brave Breloom
13th September 2007, 5:39 PM
Articuno. I was Cubone and Treeko was my partner. Both weak to ice. It was rock hard.

XDbonsly
13th September 2007, 7:43 PM
Well.... I had to go down 3 times to beat Groudon, twice to beat Rayquaza... so Groudon

foxsundance
18th September 2007, 5:06 AM
At the risk of sounding like everyone else, Articuno because I was Treecko, my partner was Charmander, and he refused to use Ember. And I hadn't yet realized "Hey, I could just de-select all his moves except Ember." >_<

Even then, Articuno I beat on my first try. I had several Reviver Seeds (I knew I was gonna be run out of town, so I brought 6 Oran Berries and 5 Reviver Seeds >.>) so the first turn it used Powder Snow, One-shotting me. I revived, threw a Gravelerock, he moves forward, and I beat him.

Regidragon
18th September 2007, 7:22 AM
I found groudon hard because I was just a charmander with a chikorita buddy that kept almost dying. But that was the only boss I had to try twice.

Darthkirby707
19th September 2007, 3:52 PM
Moltres and Articuno were the hardest for me. Moltres was annoying due to the fact I couldn't go in town to buy stuff, and Articuno kept using Powder Snow >.<

Other than that it's been easy. Bullet Seed on Groudon and Kyogre, Ice Beam on Rayquaza. The three dogs were easy, but their dungeons were annoying. Ho-oh was easy too... and the Regi's weren't too bad. Latios was easy... I think that's as far as I've gotten.

Trust me, get Bullet Seed, it's great. I one hit Groudon.

Adventurous
20th September 2007, 7:25 AM
The toughest boss for me was Blastoise of Team Hydro... I agility spammed bullet seed on him to only hit 10's for each seed. X.x (I faced him as soon as I had option to, btw)

Other than that, everything was very easy for me... Getting Bullet Seed early really helps a lot, and gets even better once you get agility. (Agility is broken, it gives your team two free attacks after use) I'm a treecko with pikachu partner, btw.

Genesis Gackt
25th September 2007, 5:34 PM
Legendary Birds are toughest for me

nesgirl119
25th September 2007, 6:16 PM
Kecleon

Ugh! That thing killed me multiple times with its combo Screech and Fury Swipes attack. And it took killing about 18,200 of them before I could recruit it.

power_of_lightning
25th September 2007, 6:20 PM
i had a machop and as a partner a pikachu....well the only boss i lost was Rayquaza o_0;
:p

power_of_lightning
25th September 2007, 6:21 PM
i had a machop and as a partner a pikachu....well the only boss i lost was Rayquaza o_0;
:p

Mechanos7
25th September 2007, 7:19 PM
Prob deoxys because of counter I deal 200 rarely with the A button attack (Im a level 100 Blastoise)It kills me in one hit if i do a 200 x.x

King Latios
27th September 2007, 5:56 AM
hardest for me was...really none (so far) i beat all in 1 try (moltres, zapdos, articuno, groudon and rayquaza). probly because i train insanly

PurpleMew
27th September 2007, 6:00 PM
my hardest boss woz rayquaza it took me days to defeat him

rekreatur
27th September 2007, 7:39 PM
I had no troubles exept when I was fighting moltres.I was a chikorita and my partner was torchic but then chikorita learned bullet seed in the ice cave when I found the TM.

Pokemanyak
27th September 2007, 8:57 PM
For me hardest was Kyogre. Squirtle and Cyndaquil was my team

ParaChomp
27th September 2007, 10:40 PM
raquaza (had charmander & pikachu)

Sammi
28th September 2007, 3:16 PM
Well, as of recent in my new re-start for about the millionth time of this game (the plot is so cuuuuute~~~<3), I found Zapdos, of all things, the hardest. He beat me twice, because I had no good moves. No TM's came along and I was too lazy to play with the wondermail generators that were available on various websites scattered across the web. I usually tweak with them after Ho-oh, though, haha. Yeah, big Zappy won the first time because your partner (stupidly) walks up to him, allowing him openly attack him in the cutscene before him. -__-; The second time, I was beaten a bit more fairly. All the other bosses were easy, but I usually almost faint with few HP (20-30) left. It's easy for me to pull off, though.

EDIT: I forgot to add that in all my past re-starts, the hardest was always Moltres, making me lose some 10-15 times, lol, even with a super effective. This time, I had Torchic as myself and Chikorita as my partner but oddly Moltres was far easy.

Mechanos7
28th September 2007, 5:24 PM
All of the bosses are really easy even know deoxy is the only that can kill me.;347;

Satoshi Tajiri
1st October 2007, 11:52 AM
I found Articuno VERY annoying for some unknown reason.

mcchasey
1st October 2007, 4:22 PM
articuno took me about 10 tryes it was pissing me off alot i had charmander and bulbasour

Puffy_Pokemon
1st October 2007, 4:29 PM
Moltres. Whenever I take the quiz in the begining, I'm almost always a grass type and then I choose pikachu as my partner and considering that we're running away from the town and can't go back to get any more reviver seeds, I'm always going up againt it tons of times until I magicly beat it.

Zaurfen
3rd October 2007, 2:28 AM
all bosses are easy. i only have trouble on getting to the boss... oh, and if your complaining about no PP... buy some Elixers stupids!

Armored Zangoose
9th October 2007, 12:07 AM
Skarmory. It took me two embers. HERE ME? TWO WHOLE EMBERS!!!!

Oh wait this is HARDEST boss? None of them.

Ludicodaniel
10th October 2007, 8:44 PM

I'd have to say Rayquaza... but not because of it's bossyness...

Sky Tower Summit.

It's really hard to get past lv 33 in story mode.
And Areodactlys hit about 33... and have Supersonic... and Bite to flinch... and Pressure, and insane attack, and Agility, which kills in MH's...
Summit's all full of very uber MD pokes, that work together well...

By the time you reach Ray... you'd have used about 2 rivivers, be low on PP, be weak, have a weakened partner, and finally, risk Dragon Dance, and Bite/Ancientpower haxes, which do happen, as it's a final boss! *pants excessivily*

Almost impossible with Machop... or a grass type... or Cubone.
All have alomost no way to hurt it, especially Machop, and are hit hard. Cubone's best moves are X0.5...

Also, wind's killed me in the summit.

So, I count the final boss as a combonation of the Summit, AND Rayquaza. There's a reason for the heal and save...

Enigma
11th October 2007, 6:20 PM
The hardest for me was articuno. I was a treecko. After I found a bullet seed tm, all the bosses were easy.

AlexPokemon
11th October 2007, 7:36 PM
Articuno... Powder snow and Gust = murder

fyrzardix
12th October 2007, 8:30 AM
mine was articuno , i defeated him in 5th time I battled him

gkiwi
14th October 2007, 12:55 AM
Articuno, it kept on freezing my pokes.

Imperator_Venit
14th October 2007, 1:02 AM
I found Kyogre impossible to beat, the first time, because I went in there with Charmander and Squirtle, and didn't even bother to bring Reviver Seeds. When I eventually came to my senses, Kyogre was really easy, just using Squirtle's surf over and over again.

Forretress Fan
21st October 2007, 1:13 AM
Okay I had L-Cyndaquil P-Treecko

Moltres was INCREDIBLY HARD

Treecko kept dying even when I sent him to run and yet Moltres still killed him

Also I had fire moves, doesn't do much, Treecko is like weak to EVERY BOSS

So it took me forever to find 20 reviver seeds just to kill Moltres came out like lv 30

!!-Eevee-!!
21st October 2007, 1:28 PM
Articuno is very annoying, i hate his Snow Powder attack! Now, i have only beaten Skarmory.. (in the morning i have choose the beginning my game) and Skarmory isn't pretty hard! Sleep Seed is your mate, buddy!

~Eevee

Discharge
21st October 2007, 2:36 PM
I think that they are all too easy but if I must name one, that would bee moltres

Shiny Ho-Oh
25th October 2007, 9:54 PM
None of the bosses were hard for me.

munchlaxboy
25th October 2007, 9:56 PM
I hated Articuno the first time I faced him! I was a Bulbasaur, so whenever it used Blizzard, I died straight away. I eventually won after, like, 15 tries. It took me about 30 times to defeat Moltres, but I got lucky the time I beat Articuno.

Regiman
2nd November 2007, 5:08 PM
I haven't found any bosses hard yet and to be honest Rayquaza was took out in 5 turn because I had Ice beam. :P

-Summer-
3rd November 2007, 2:23 AM
latios was easy for me too.shot two ice beams from my articuno and hes toast.i had trouble on groudon.took me three weeks to cook him!

Oh really, Groudon was easiest for me, Two words say it all "Bullet Seed" I had a Chikorita with that attack and within a few turns it was toast

Dark Arceus
3rd November 2007, 7:42 PM
on my red, easily moltres, my starter (machop) was 2x weak to it and my partner (bulbasaur) was 4x weak to it!!! on my blue... hmmm... i'd have to say Moltres again! (but then again, i've battled about 2 times more bosses on blue.

Aquarelle
8th November 2007, 12:13 AM
Moltres was hard, since I was a Bulbasaur who could deal okay damage with grass attacks, but they missed half the time and I ended up dying from fire moves.

My Partner, Cyndiquil, didn't take horrible damage from fire, but it was Moltres's other attacks like Peck or whatever it knew, that killed Cyndiquil about five times. My partner also mostly knew fire type attacks, that it used all the time instead of its other moves.

~Aquarelle

lugiaguy
8th November 2007, 12:04 PM
I finished the game and it was reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally very easy I got all the legendaries on my second try i was a deadly chicorita and my patner is pikapoo the weakling(no offense to people who like pikachu) but flying legendaries gave me a little trouble. btw pls PM me if your in the phillpines cuz i M Thanks!!!!!

omaster
8th November 2007, 12:16 PM
rayquaza
I had machop and charmander, and so rayquaza was really annoying, and my partner kept on killing himself

eonmaster_457
8th November 2007, 1:05 PM
The ancient relic part. Couldn't find the Mew!!!