PDA

View Full Version : Age differences

El D
22nd July 2007, 8:21 PM
I just thought about this. But if Ash keeps going to all of the different regions, when that regions game comes out, then he'll always be travelling with someone new. Usually a girl. But he always, (I presume) takes one year to finish that region and becomes one year older i the process. So if the game releases its tenth version in the region of hmmm Gabroni, and Ash travels with some random girl who is one of the stater choices for that game, then won't it make Ash look like a hmm I don't even know if I can say it so I'll just say a...child stalker? And what kind of 20 year old would travel with there 10 year old rat? anyway. So what are your opinions on this, and vote.

oro-chan
22nd July 2007, 8:49 PM
What knid of 10 year old leaves home to tame wild animals. =p

And the show is aimed at young children who couldn't care less for continuity. The writers will never go into so much detail.

Power of Fire
23rd July 2007, 4:31 AM
there's no such thing as age in a cartoon

zeno48
23rd July 2007, 5:19 AM
^Yep an as the characters stay the same we grow older and continue to end up here in serebii typing up random opinions and complaining about age. You know who you are!

Dattebayo
23rd July 2007, 6:47 AM
Actually, there are some shows featuring characters growing up. For example: Dragonball Z takes place during Goku's adulthood.

Power of Fire
23rd July 2007, 7:10 AM
dragonball z is dragonball z. pokemon is pokemon.

Rooreelooo
23rd July 2007, 10:13 AM
Ash is, and will probably always be, a 10 year old.

Venusaur Master
23rd July 2007, 10:16 AM
either that or has only grown up by 2-3 years over the last ten

Blaperile
23rd July 2007, 10:55 AM
Like some people above sad: There are no age's in Pokémon.

El D
23rd July 2007, 11:48 AM
Oh. I thought he DID age. Well thanks for clearing that up! I can get the vision of Ash stalking little girls out of my head when i watch the Anime now :D

chorusco
23rd July 2007, 1:29 PM
Meh Hes Probably 13. He Was 10 Like 10 Years Ago But Its A Cartoon So Its Different.

SakurasDearest
23rd July 2007, 5:15 PM
What knid of 10 year old leaves home to tame wild animals. =p

And the show is aimed at young children who couldn't care less for continuity. The writers will never go into so much detail.

Edit-

Who in there right mind would let there 10 year old daughter go with 2 guys they don't even know and tame wild animals.

Alzatia
23rd July 2007, 5:19 PM
The characters don't age in Pokemon.....didn't the jap site for AG say Ash was 10. >_>

Rex Kamex
23rd July 2007, 5:54 PM
dragonball z is dragonball z. pokemon is pokemon.

But you said cartoons in general.

Anyway, I wish the writers would actually tell everyone's ages (or at least keep track of time in general, but I know that's never gonna happen...

Corzola
23rd July 2007, 8:37 PM
Well he age in the American versions at least (the narrator says it and so do Ash in the short movies so that must be considered at least half-canon). But every region is not a one year time span. I guess season 1 - 5 was 3 years and AG around 1.5 years.

You can see that in many ways, like when Misty started out she was more or less a kid, but now she is gym leader. So it is years in Pokemon but 10 seasons don’t mean 10 years.

zeno48
23rd July 2007, 10:09 PM
Why are we talking about this? No one ages in the anime so what is the point? Ash is probably still 10 and will continue being 10 unless their is some proof. Off topic but does anyone know how old Paul is?

mewmew202
23rd July 2007, 10:24 PM
They probably age slowly but there was one comment of Meowth that caused me to question the aging. He said that team rocket had chased Pikachu since before she was born meaning for 10 years they tried to catch Pikachu making Ash 20 lol. Which he is definitly not. Probably just refering to how long Pokemon has been around.

Emwo
24th July 2007, 4:24 AM
ash only sounds older in the show, he never seems to age. Though if he becomes another brock only after 10 year old girls it'd sound like it'd be aimed more for pedophiles.
o _o