PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Power tape

00Elf
23rd July 2007, 5:09 AM
Years ago, a few months before Pokemon was to be unleashed on the US populace, Nintendo Power subscribers such as myself received a tape that outlined the basics of Pokemon and ensured that impressionable kids such as myself would buy into the new phenomenon.

I've looked through most of Serebii, so forgive me if I missed it, but I can't find anything about this tape anywhere I've looked. If anyone here has information on this tape, or somewhere that I could acquire it, I would be forever indebted.

zeno48
23rd July 2007, 5:50 AM
I have never heard of such tapes.

Rex Kamex
24th July 2007, 8:12 PM
I've heard of that, actually. But wait... didn't you say you already recieved the tape?

gunnuthula
24th July 2007, 8:18 PM
Wow, tapes........, wierd, i dont think many people have heard about this.:(

ijea4444
24th July 2007, 8:28 PM
I heard about it and i saw a video on youtube with the entire tape uploaded. It was actually really short and had this one lady. She kept repeating " but the whole point is you gotta catch em all" it was so 90's.

yay mineral trainer

N0Li
25th July 2007, 5:49 AM
I received it in the mail a couple of months before the anime aired.

It must have had some sort of mind control subliminals planted in it, because after I watched it I was hooked!

Unfortunately, I do not own the tape anymore. Our old VCR destroyed it
many years ago.

jwla
25th July 2007, 6:48 AM
I, too, received those tapes, all those years ago! I remember them fairly well. I think there were some clips on YouTube (don't site me, on this) that was pretty much everything the tape showed...

mystkmastkal
25th July 2007, 6:53 AM
i ogt a starfox tape in the mail from nintendo power once...i know very off topic :(