PDA

View Full Version : Everyone could learn a lot from the BButton League.

Revolution
24th July 2007, 6:44 PM
The BButton league is about not evolveing pokemon just so they get that big ol' stat boost but about training while not evolveing. You don't need to make your Mudkip become a Swampert to win. I'm tired of seeing on the rateing boards: "Okay no Bulbasaur, make it a Venusaur, loser."
My Bulbasaur could beat you so bad.

Gravy
24th July 2007, 6:58 PM
My Bulbasaur could beat you so bad.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news (oh c'mon, let a guy lie his way through a post at least once) but I'm fairly confident that your Bulbasaur could not beat anyone with half a brain, let alone badly. :)

Hikarii
24th July 2007, 7:04 PM
Anime =/= Game, and it goes the same for your thread topic. =/

For competitive play IN THE GAMES, it's best to use evolved Pokemon because of their stat boosts. Non-EV trained Pokemon already have problems against Pokemon who are EV-trained, so if you plan on fighting with the unevolved forms against that kind of competitive battler, you're going to be in a world of hurt.

In the anime, that kind of stuff is either ignored, or referred to just blatantly. The anime might mention some disadvantages, but it's not like Pikachu couldn't match up with Raichu or Piplup and Prinplup. Bulbasaur refused to evolve, and Satoshi was completely okay with that. Bulbasaur didn't suddenly become useless in battle.

Then again, the beauty of the Pokemon games is that you can play however you want to. Compeitive battlers want to battle, they can do that. You'd rather do contests, then do that. I, myself, prefer making poffins, growing berries, and going underground with friends to capture the flag and whatnot. It you want to use a team full of Magikarp, Metapod, Kakuna, and whatnot, by all means go ahead. My sister's level 100 Jigglypuff could beat anything in the game's elite Four, but she's well aware of its uselessness in competitive play. She doesn't competitive play, though.

And it's not like I battle competitively. XD