PDA

View Full Version : Say "Aye, if you think Team Rocket is one of the main reasons you watch the anime

Tenacious
24th July 2007, 9:14 PM
As a kid, Team Rocket always made me laugh, and they are one of my favorite characters in the anime for me.

I wanna see how many other people like Team Rocket alot.

ijea4444
24th July 2007, 9:16 PM
I never really thought about it but if they weren't in the show i don't think it would ever be the same.

Liberty4Pokemon
24th July 2007, 9:59 PM
*Says "Aye"*

They're most definitely one of the main reasons I watch the anime anymore. Other than them and Hikari's contests, nothing else really appeals to me on the show, and even on the older episodes where I actually enjoyed Ash's battles, Jessie, James, and Meowth were certainly three of my favorite characters. I kind of miss how sinister they used to be in the first few seasons, but they're still very amusing in D/P.

Ampris
25th July 2007, 12:44 AM
Aye. They're better characters by far than any of the protagonists, and I probably wouldn't like the show even a quarter as much without them. Team Rocket and the pokemon themselves (plus the rare times when Brock gets to do something) are pretty much why I watch the show, and even their usual banter seems more interesting to me than the gyms and most contests. (Just imho.)

Jeff Zero
25th July 2007, 3:58 AM
Yeah, I would agree that TR, the Trio, the Rocket-Dan, the Notorious Couple, are one of the main reasons I watch the show. The show at best is an ensemble piece, with the Rocket-Dan firmly established as part of that ensemble. The really fun or funny episodes? More times than not, they're firmly involved in the plot. The Gym Battles? And these days contest battles? I think the Rocket-Dan is used a lot better in those episodes than they used to back in Kanto and Johto (remember when they would only be seen at the very beginning and very ending of a gym leader episode?). They do have some of the strongest characters, most fleshed out, most developed, but the problem is that they don't REALLY change. How many times are we going to hear themselves call themselves "The new and improved Team Rocket" before they really start feeling new and improved? I think they are these days for being memorable, lovable and fun, the new mottos we've seen in the past 3 or so years are very catchy and fun, and I LOVE Mime Jr, just love im. I sometimes watch clips with him (ex. the motto, his contest battle, ect) just to see and hear him because of how adorable I find him, and I don't do that for ANY other Pokemon.

AshfanGirl20
25th July 2007, 5:24 AM
Well there one of the reasons why I watch the show, not the main reason. But yah there great characters, very funny.

Super Gullwing
25th July 2007, 5:28 AM
"Aye!"

I always loved them when I was a kid, they always made me laugh. They might be a little old now in the show, but they still make me laugh sometimes. I probably wouldv'e never liked Pokemon as much if they weren't around.

CyberCubed
25th July 2007, 6:43 AM
I like them, but if they ever left it wouldn't bother me. In fact, it might be interesting to see how the writers format the show without TR trying to catch Pikachu.

nubinator
25th July 2007, 6:44 AM
Nope. People that're in Team Rocket are n00bs.

larvitar005
25th July 2007, 6:46 AM
I really enjoyed watching them:)! If they are not there, I think it would be a lifeless episode(except important battles)...

Loki(my Tyranitar): Tyran, Tyranitar (translation:I enjoy seeing them rocketing to the sky...)

Me: Yeah, I always think it's funny.

ShinyManafi
25th July 2007, 6:54 AM
Nope. People that're in Team Rocket are n00bs.

yeah..and there's a difference between game and anime.

I always look out for TR just for a good laugh if they can pull it off.

Rooreelooo
25th July 2007, 10:28 AM
I say aye to that.

They're the funniest characters, and whenever they banter amongst eachother it's always guarenteed a laugh.

Blackjack Gabbiani
25th July 2007, 11:40 AM
Throwing in a massive Aye!

They had to have planned it that way, to have the villians be the best developed characters on the show.

Princess Reina
25th July 2007, 12:54 PM
Not all Rockets suck. Remember Domino, Buson and Bashou or Giovanni - they all have been good members. Jessie, James, Meowth and their rivals - Butch and Cassidy are the worst part of the gang. They should have been kicked out from the TR long ago.

The trio doesnt make me laugh. They are boring and pathetic. I would like to see serious villans because the trio sucks. The show is for kids so probably they will never leave but I hate them.

Pearl's Perap
25th July 2007, 12:58 PM
Ayeeee

Their comedy, though it can be childish as hell, is the thing that keeps me watching. Plus, James is my favourite character in the whole animé, his whole attitude, his team, everything, just brilliant.

The jokes don't get old fast with TR as appose to the 'twerps' either, like, the whole grass pokémon raping James thing, what's not to love?

Musapion
25th July 2007, 5:18 PM
-waves arm-

How many otherwise bland to the point of being horrible episodes have they saved with their quirky humor? C'mon!

And they're so much fun! And have more info on their pasts, which are always interestin'~ x3

EDIT: And if you mean TR as in the whole orgnization, heck yeah, they're one of the best things about anime! o.o

Tenacious
25th July 2007, 6:49 PM
-waves arm-

How many otherwise bland to the point of being horrible episodes have they saved with their quirky humor? C'mon!

And they're so much fun! And have more info on their pasts, which are always interestin'~ x3

EDIT: And if you mean TR as in the whole orgnization, heck yeah, they're one of the best things about anime! o.o

I mean team rocket as in Jesse, James and meowth

Princess Reina
25th July 2007, 9:24 PM
Maybe you should start a nice Club for their fans?

Seviper
26th July 2007, 1:12 AM
Because nowdays they and Brock are the only ones who bring fun to the show. Also they've got Seviper, Carnivine and the charming and adorable Mime Jr.

morefirepokemon
26th July 2007, 1:14 AM
Aye to the max, i love seeing what stupid antics theyll try next and theyre changing motto

B-MAN
26th July 2007, 6:09 AM
nope, there very annoying and I hope they get fired from Team Rocket

Scyther23
26th July 2007, 6:43 AM
Aye! James is hilarious...

The other reason is for Dawn <3

In 3rd gen, it was for team rocket and may (semi- <3)

In other two gens, it was for team rocket. I would watch it still without team rocket, 'cause I like watching the battling, and seeing how the characters on the show compare to the characters on the game, and because they're commonly funny, and...well.. A whole lot of reasons!

But team rocket is a big one of them.

And it's always amusing to see brock make a fool of himself in front of nearly every chick they meet.

Princess Reina
26th July 2007, 10:26 AM
If I was an anime character I would ask James for being my boyfriend.

Me: James, have you ever been kissed?

James: Kissed?....Me?... O____O *scared*

He is funny and sensitive. I would take him from Jessie and start our own journey.

Reign G
26th July 2007, 1:31 PM
Nay, or however it's spelled.

I hate TR, I want them to leave. I realize the majority of the fans like them, and htat's their opinion, but I personally think Team Rocket overstayed their welcome, and should have left in the beginning of Hoenn. Really, the only thing I remotely like about them are their Mottos from BF and Sinnoh. Hated their original Motto, though...

If they left, and J became the new recurring villain, but only appeared every once in a while, I'd be a very happy guy. :D

Paradise Sky
26th July 2007, 9:59 PM
Aye!

Team Rocket is pretty much the main reason for watching the show now. A couple of days ago, I had a major Pokemon overload and it literally made me nauseous. Couldn't stand another second, still can't, unless it has TR.

zeno48
27th July 2007, 8:15 AM
I don't really care anymore. Team rocket got boring a long time ago lol. It's all about hunter J and team galatic now.

Desert Flower
27th July 2007, 8:45 AM
I don't mind them quite as much anymore, because their daily antics aren't quite as random now. Like the fake gym. That was a decent idea that took time to carry out. Though there is still only one reason I watch the anime, and that's for the pokemon.

Ryuu-Anima
27th July 2007, 2:33 PM
Aye!

JJM, as well as contests, are about my only reason for watching the show now. I'm more into games, but watching the anime gives me something else to talk about on forums as well. (Rocketshippper) Anyway, They're fun, and we have more details to their past than we do even for Ash! (Lets face it, all we know about Ash is that his father was a trainer, his mother knows a bunch of Professor Oaks old students, and he was childhood rivals with Gary.) But we know a lot of Team Rockets past, and the episodes focused on TR(The Meowth worshippers island incident), or the occasional time when they try to do good (We're No Angels, and the Second Movie) are some of the best IMHO.

If you're wondering what we know about backstory:

James: He has multiple flashbacks, usually involving his rich life, and has an entire episode devoted to his family and eeeeviiiil fiancee, Jessibelle. He had a summer 'cottage' in Sinnoh, as well as one in Kanto, and has always loved the Pokémon species Chimecho. Willing to sacrifice himself for those he cares about (Specifically Jessie and Meowth)(Training Daze)

Jessie: Poor, probably because her... wait.... that would be a spoiler, wouldn't it? never liked the traditional holidays of Kids Day or Princess Day, because she was dirt poor. Long standing rivalry with Cassidy, dating back to AT LEAST their training for Team Rocket. ... And probably beforehand, too, judging by the Dub of Training Daze...

Meowth: Formerly in a street pack of Meowth in Pokéverse Hollywood, led by a Persian. Ever since, and possibly before, he joined Team Rocket he ahs held a deep rooted hatred for his evolved form. Learned to walk and talk like a human to impress a female Meowth known as Meowsie. (It didn't work.) When everyone went to Hollywood for a movie premiere, Meowth attempted to win over the now abandoned Meowsie. That didn't work either. Cannot use Payday, or much other than Fury Swipes, because he was probably too busy learning to talk to learn anything else.

Sorry for the rant, Ryuu-anima.