PDA

View Full Version : This so called "Pokemon Master"

Johnny2071
25th July 2007, 4:18 AM
Yes we know Ash wants to become Pokemon Master, but who exaclty is this Pokemon Master that Ash is trying to become? Is their such a title? If so, who is the current Pokemon Master?

In any anime series, there is a legendary master of something. The King of the Pirates in One Piece was Gold Roger. In Naruto, there were 5 Hokage in Konoha. And the King of Games before Yugi was Atem. Those are all existing champion title in each anime. So who is this Pokemon Master?

From what I guess, this Pokemon Master is a really old man was has set up a council of some of the greatest Pokemon leaders dressed in white cloaks who all have parties of legendary pokemon.

Disciple 1:
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Raikou
Entei
Suicune

Disciple 2:
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Uxie
Mesprit
Alzef

Disciple 3:
Lugia
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Groudon
Dialga
Palkia

Disciple 4:
Mew
Celebi
Jirachi
Manaphy
Phione
Shaymin

Disciple 5:
Latias
Laitios
Heatran
Regigigas
Giratina
Creselia

Lead Disciple:
Mewtwo
Rayquaza
Deoxys
Darkrai
Lucario (even though he is not a legendary)

Pokemon Master:
Arceus

I think this would make a great challenge in a pokemon game or a good plot saga for Ash and company in the anime.

Geostomp
25th July 2007, 4:23 AM
We really have no idea just what makes a Pokemon Master.

It appears to be someone who has truly "mastered" all pokemon and the secrets they hold. If that is the case, it might be true that there has never been a true Pokemon Master.

It might just be a rank assigned to those who are at or above the level of the Elite Four.

It might even be someone who has captured all the species of pokemon.

It could even be that Pokemon Master isn't so much a title but a state in which a trainer continues honing their skills on their journey.

The bottom line is that the term is so vague that we have no idea just what it means.

Archimedes
25th July 2007, 5:35 AM
Holy ****, Sugar Queen! Johnny's back! With terrible theories!

On-topic: We're never told what a Pokemon Master actually is, and to keep Ash from ever becoming one so this god awful series can never end, we'll probably never find out.

CyberCubed
25th July 2007, 6:42 AM
See: The Elite's.

ShinyManafi
25th July 2007, 6:57 AM
Pokemon Master seemed more like a attention grabber...

Rooreelooo
25th July 2007, 9:58 AM
Knowing the way kids shows these days force lessons of morality down the viewers throats, a 'pokémon master' is probaly just someone who has learned to love and respect their pokémon and treat them as equals.

When the show does end (if the show ends - I can see it still continuing when the Earth is just a desolate ball of ice) we will probably be told that Ash has been a pokémon master since day one because of his willingness to help others in need and do the right thing.

Venusaur Master
25th July 2007, 10:02 AM
I think the title of pokemon master to Ash is a dream he has forgotten about from time to time

Cassiel
25th July 2007, 10:29 AM
I have never seen the real current Pokemon Master before :x

I think he means beating all of the Gym Leaders and champions in each region? :P

pokemonfan301
25th July 2007, 3:10 PM
though it is vague a pokemon master in ash perspective is one of if not the strongest trainer in the world. my opinion.

pokemonfan301
25th July 2007, 3:10 PM
though it is vague a pokemon master in ash perspective is one of if not the strongest trainer in the world. my opinion.

Mercutio
25th July 2007, 3:22 PM
Its some ******** the writers goofed on, in making sh have to catch every pokemon. In my opinion, simply knowing everything about all pokemon would qualify.

Rex Kamex
25th July 2007, 4:02 PM
^ "Gotta Catch 'em All" is an American slogan.

I think the title of pokemon master to Ash is a dream he has forgotten about from time to time

Ash has never forgotten about his dream.

zeno48
25th July 2007, 6:13 PM
^Ash has forgotten about his dream true and sadly the show is only an advertisement for next regions and with barely any changes.

Rooreelooo
25th July 2007, 7:49 PM
He hasn't forgotten his dream, he just never does anything to reach it.

The detailed explanation I would give is that his dream is an excuse to travel the world and visit many amazing places and see amazing things in the company of his closest friends. As soon as he admit's he's probably already a pokémon master, he'll have to give up his journey and do something lame like get a job (and a reliable income, although he always manages to get food and potions and stuff so far without ever having any money.)

What's more likely is that him trying to be a pokémon master is just a hook to justify him advertising the newest pokémon games.

Mercutio
25th July 2007, 8:28 PM
Eventually he'll stop and start teaching trainers how to be great, when he's like 30 and noone cares anymore.

Mercutio
25th July 2007, 8:30 PM
Eventually he'll stop and start teaching trainers how to be great, when he's like 30 and noone cares anymore.

RedJirachi
30th July 2007, 2:16 AM
A trainer who has impressivley got 8 badges in a region and won a league.The Orange Island time dosen't count.To be the greatest Pokemon master you would:
Catch one of every specie of Pokemon known or unknown
Obtained all possible badges and won all leagues in existence
Defeated every trainer

zeno48
30th July 2007, 5:33 AM
He hasn't forgotten his dream, he just never does anything to reach it.

The detailed explanation I would give is that his dream is an excuse to travel the world and visit many amazing places and see amazing things in the company of his closest friends. As soon as he admit's he's probably already a pokémon master, he'll have to give up his journey and do something lame like get a job (and a reliable income, although he always manages to get food and potions and stuff so far without ever having any money.)

What's more likely is that him trying to be a pokémon master is just a hook to justify him advertising the newest pokémon games.

^True he never does anything to reach his goal but I wish he did.

uber gon
1st August 2007, 9:54 AM
The term is dead to a lot of people where I come from.

Alzatia
1st August 2007, 10:07 AM
I've always considered the Elites to be "Masters". They are portrayed a ubber trainers or something...and I could had sworn Kanna was refered to as a "master" in the OI dub. If so was this also in the jap version? o.o Cos if so then thats the answer...the Elites and Champions.

mew-the original
1st August 2007, 10:10 AM
^True he never does anything to reach his goal but I wish he did.

so entering leagues is nothing?

From what I have gathered about the so-called "Pokemon Master", it is someone who has accomplish great feats [defeating leagues and so-on.] And with all the friendship crap throughout the show the "Pokemon Master" needs to be able to show sincere friendship w/ pokemon. Also I would suspect that it takes time to grow that strong and grow great bonds so it would have to be someone a bit old, not to mention having to be wise... I'd say Cynthia is a good example.

Shadow Lucario
1st August 2007, 10:39 AM
I agree with Mew-The Original that being a Pokemon Master is about being kind to Pokemon and defeating leagues and so on. If this is so Paul can only achieve one of these things

Captain Brain
5th August 2007, 5:34 AM
I've always considered the Elites to be "Masters". They are portrayed a ubber trainers or something...and I could had sworn Kanna was refered to as a "master" in the OI dub. If so was this also in the jap version? o.o Cos if so then thats the answer...the Elites and Champions.

I bet is a little more refined then that because that would mean Ash already is a champion, he having been the orange league champion and the Battle Frontier "Champion" (someone who defeated a major task). This obviously would problematic for it would destroy the current plot. ;025;

Blaziryu
5th August 2007, 5:48 AM
This so called "Pokemon Master" is just an impossible goal that Pokemon trainers try to achieve but fail at it anyway. The only way I can see someone becoming a Pokemon Master is if he or she catch Jirachi & wish to become this "Pokemon Master".

red2000
5th August 2007, 6:02 AM
Well back when the term first came out, I thought it was somebody who caught all 150 pokemon and beat the Elite 4, and was the Pokemon League Champion, But as the years have passed the only logical thing I can think of is a pokemon trainer who is extremly Gifted in the ways of pokemon, has a healthy relationship with all pokemon, and is a strong trainer
the only examples I can think of are Bruno { with the Onix thing}, Cynthia, and Lance {he gyarados thing}

Charlord
7th August 2007, 10:44 PM
a Pokemon Master is someone who caught all the pokemon and trained them to their potential and beaten the pokemon league and tournies

chorusco
8th August 2007, 11:04 AM
Maybe The Pokemon Master Is Still To Come...