PDA

View Full Version : Diamond & Peril reruns allready?

Metal Bird
25th July 2007, 7:39 AM
When will the next bach of new episodes will come? I think it was stupid for Cartoon Network to air the new episodes this early before the fall TV season. It's Summer! And most networks are airing repeats and crappy reality shows!

Desert Flower
25th July 2007, 7:59 AM
And sitcoms about cavemen.

As far as I know, the new episodes aren't coming until the fall. I don't think they've given a date or even a month yet.

Drkecho
25th July 2007, 8:01 AM
Like someone stated before CN wanted to air the episodes while D/P was still hot. I mean it would be foolish to air a show thats "died".

Archimedes
25th July 2007, 8:03 AM
Thing is kid, episodes don't just show up on our shores magically translated, with all the edits such as lip flaps and new music. No see, they go through this special process called dubbing! That's when the staff translate the original Japanese scripts into English, make all their edits, and record new voice tracks and quite often new music too. It takes quite a long time to do, so often channels run out of new episodes to show and then air reruns until the next season is finally complete! We hope you enjoyed little lesson, now go the hell away.

Drkecho
25th July 2007, 8:05 AM
Thing is kid, episodes don't just show up on our shores magically translated, with all the edits such as lip flaps and new music. No see, they go through this special process called dubbing! That's when the staff translate the original Japanese scripts into English, make all their edits, and record new voice tracks and quite often new music too. It takes quite a long time to do, so often channels run out of new episodes to show and then air reruns until the next season is finally complete! We hope you enjoyed little lesson, now go the hell away.*Takes note pad* Gotta get this down.

S.Suikun
25th July 2007, 8:08 AM
Actually, it was CN's fault for airing so many new episodes so quickly rather than spreading them out. The consequences for weeks of new episodes are months of reruns. If CN were to continue with their new episode spree, we would soon enough be neck-and-neck with Japan, and while PUSA dubs rather quickly, CN eventually runs out of episodes they can air. So far no confirmed date has been set for new episodes to pick up again, though fall is a pretty fair estimate.

Although Metal Bird, I'm still confuzzled as to why you constantly spell "Pearl" as "Peril".

ShinyManafi
25th July 2007, 8:11 AM
Blame it on CN for showing too many at the same time..

Venusaur Master
25th July 2007, 9:59 AM
If they showed 1 or 2 a week we would still be seeing new episodes

zeno48
25th July 2007, 6:24 PM
I blame cartoon network for this. They only care about ratings and now we are stuck with months of reruns. Man this almost makes me miss 4kids. Almost.

morefirepokemon
25th July 2007, 6:29 PM
i liked how pokemon used to run 1 new episode a week, maybe 2 every saturday execept a few each year. i thought it was crap when wb dumped it

Metal Bird
26th July 2007, 5:16 AM
i liked how pokemon used to run 1 new episode a week, maybe 2 every saturday execept a few each year. i thought it was crap when wb dumped it
I agree. If Cartoon Network aired it tradistionly on Saturday mornings with at least 1 or 2 new episodes, they would catch up.

thunderblade12
26th July 2007, 5:33 AM
Thing is kid, episodes don't just show up on our shores magically translated, with all the edits such as lip flaps and new music. No see, they go through this special process called dubbing! That's when the staff translate the original Japanese scripts into English, make all their edits, and record new voice tracks and quite often new music too. It takes quite a long time to do, so often channels run out of new episodes to show and then air reruns until the next season is finally complete! We hope you enjoyed little lesson, now go the hell away.

*adds to what you were saying* in many cases anime also goes through a stage in its dubbing, called "retardation" retardation occurs when
1. rice balls become doughnuts
2. many characters names are changed
3. the main characters are given obnoxious catch phrases that take over 60% of the script. ex. "gotta catch em all" and "believe it"
4. one piece
5. dead people are "injured"
6. one piece

Archimedes
26th July 2007, 5:53 AM
*adds to what you were saying* in many cases anime also goes through a stage in its dubbing, called "retardation" retardation occurs when
1. rice balls become doughnuts
2. many characters names are changed
3. the main characters are given obnoxious catch phrases that take over 60% of the script. ex. "gotta catch em all" and "believe it"
4. one piece
5. dead people are "injured"
6. one piece

Now, if you're translating a crappy kids show, say Pokemon, this is apparently required. American kids can't handle cultural differences, maturity in its lowest form, or intelligent writing, so you have to dumb it down(even worse than it was before) for their puny minds. In the event of translating a family friendly show, say One Piece for example, this process is only suggested if you want to lose money and piss off the fans.

MasterLucario
27th July 2007, 2:43 PM
Ya they say fall I can't wait to the see the one "Huter J again" I also want to see Ash lose to Gardenia(I like it when he loses^-^)

[Spoiler Tag Added by Dogasu]