PDA

View Full Version : Ash's (Satoshi's) Age at the beginning of Pokemon?

Shuko
25th July 2007, 3:04 PM
I'm trying to resolve an argument with a shipper on Fanfiction.net. xD She says that in the Japanese Pokemon anime, Ash started out his Pokemon journey at the age of 14, not 10. I've been trying to find a site (any site) to back up her claim, but I can't. I hope that means that she's wrong, because it's a good backup of her argument if she's right. xD

Any help here? Who knows how old Ashy-poo was in the first episode of Pocket Monsters?

Rex Kamex
25th July 2007, 3:07 PM
I don't know where she got 14 from, but Ash was 10 when he started his journey (just like other beginners).

Shuko
25th July 2007, 3:18 PM
I don't know where she got 14 from, but Ash was 10 when he started his journey (just like other beginners).See, that's what I thought too, but I've only seen the dub of the first episode. I need to know the exact wording of the first Japanese episode to verify it for sure. :/ If they call him a juusai, he was ten. If they call him a juuyonsai, he was fourteen.

Revolution
25th July 2007, 3:40 PM
They said Ash was 10 at the start, I'd say he's probably 14 right now.

Fatee
25th July 2007, 3:44 PM
Yes yes. P:
He was 10 when it all started.
But I think he's 15 or something now.
-shrug-

nesgirl119
25th July 2007, 9:03 PM
He was 10, b/c he said on the first episode, "Now that I'm 10, I can begin my Pokemon Journey".

Does seem like he is around 18 or 19 now, though, since his maturity increased, though he still acts like a Teenager.

Rex Kamex
25th July 2007, 10:38 PM
The writers haven't cared about Ash's age since the first episode, aside from mentioning things like years or so that passed. (Unless Ash's line about it being a year since they last went to Viridian City was a dub thing.)

zeno48
25th July 2007, 11:09 PM
He was 10 when he started but now he looks like he is 13 or 14.

Venusaur Master
25th July 2007, 11:26 PM
definetly started at 10 about 14 now

morefirepokemon
25th July 2007, 11:39 PM
of course he started at 10, dawn did, and i dont think they lowered the age requirerment

Eevee_Slugma
25th July 2007, 11:39 PM
he was, is and will be 10. on some of the officials mailbag, they said that.

course, I could be wrong...dun dun DUN!!!

munchlaxmaniac
25th July 2007, 11:53 PM
He was defenatly 10 when he started but I was watching an episode where Meowth was talking to Dawn what confused me was Meowth said "... and there's nothing anything you or you pre-teen twerp pals can do about it." So does that mean Ash and Co. aren't 13/14 like everyone says?

~-Overheat-~
26th July 2007, 5:17 PM
He was defenatly 10 when he started but I was watching an episode where Meowth was talking to Dawn what confused me was Meowth said "... and there's nothing anything you or you pre-teen twerp pals can do about it." So does that mean Ash and Co. aren't 13/14 like everyone says?

Thats strange. Was he talking to Ash? Then it makes sense. If he was talking to Ash, he must have said ' .....and there's nothing you and YOUR PRE-TEEN twerp pal can do about it.' Or was he teasing Ash? Or was that a hidden message from Nintendo that Ash is 12 therefore answering the questions that have been asked about Ash's age a Gazillion times.

Back on topic, Ash was 10. Show the shipper a video about the first episode which you can find on Youtube.

ijea4444
26th July 2007, 5:19 PM
in japanese he left at 14 but usa thought if they put 14, something about viewers ages and ratings.

zeno48
26th July 2007, 5:28 PM
in japanese he left at 14 but usa thought if they put 14, something about viewers ages and ratings.

Are you serious? I don't think he is 14 more like 13.

Bryon
26th July 2007, 6:03 PM
No doubt, Ash was 10.

Ash is 13 or 14 right now, since the end of Kanto was 1 year , you guys, when they made it back to Viridian City, the Orange Islands were a few months, Johto was a year as well, and so was Hoenn. And Battle Frontier was a few months too.

So Ash is 13 to 14 right now in theory you guys.

Bryon

smartdude7
27th July 2007, 12:06 PM
He was definitely 10 when he started

Shuko
27th July 2007, 3:50 PM
in japanese he left at 14 but usa thought if they put 14, something about viewers ages and ratings.Is there a place where we can see the Japanese episode? If I can see it in the original language, I'll know for sure. ;) I dont' need subtitles. I can speak Japanese (especially the childish tone they use for Pokemon).

ijea4444
27th July 2007, 3:53 PM
Is there a place where we can see the Japanese episode? If I can see it in the original language, I'll know for sure. ;) I dont' need subtitles. I can speak Japanese (especially the childish tone they use for Pokemon).

i lost the link but i remember wikipedia say ing something about it too. but they probly edited out by now. but i swear its true. you know how usa babies everythin they get. Whats wrong with riceballs anyway????

~-Overheat-~
27th July 2007, 4:07 PM
Is there a place where we can see the Japanese episode? If I can see it in the original language, I'll know for sure. ;) I dont' need subtitles. I can speak Japanese (especially the childish tone they use for Pokemon).

You can find it on Youtube I think?

Rex Kamex
27th July 2007, 4:28 PM

Where'd you hear that?

If Ash really was 14, you'd think someone would've brought evidence of this years ago. People can become Trainers when they turn 10. May was 10 when she started (now she's 10+ XD), and Dawn is 10 right now. (And of course Ash wouldn't wait four more years before starting his journey.)

Just saying.

Shuko
27th July 2007, 9:36 PM
Where'd you hear that?

If Ash really was 14, you'd think someone would've brought evidence of this years ago. People can become Trainers when they turn 10. May was 10 when she started (now she's 10+ XD), and Dawn is 10 right now. (And of course Ash wouldn't wait four more years before starting his journey.)

Just saying.But do you know that from both versions? I mean, you have that knowledge from the dub, but are we sure they both represent his age correctly?

zeno48
27th July 2007, 9:51 PM
i lost the link but i remember wikipedia say ing something about it too. but they probly edited out by now. but i swear its true. you know how usa babies everythin they get. Whats wrong with riceballs anyway????

So wait Ash is 14 and they changed it to 10? I hate that. Btw wikipedia isn't a reliable source.

munchlaxmaniac
28th July 2007, 1:16 AM
Thats strange. Was he talking to Ash? Then it makes sense. If he was talking to Ash, he must have said ' .....and there's nothing you and YOUR PRE-TEEN twerp pal can do about it.' Or was he teasing Ash? Or was that a hidden message from Nintendo that Ash is 12 therefore answering the questions that have been asked about Ash's age a Gazillion times.

Back on topic, Ash was 10. Show the shipper a video about the first episode which you can find on Youtube.

No he was defenatly talking to Dawn not Ash

Guy
28th July 2007, 1:25 AM
as far as I know he was 12 in the Japanese version, and he's like Archie, he doesn't get older;);491;

zeno48
28th July 2007, 7:00 AM
as far as I know he was 12 in the Japanese version, and he's like Archie, he doesn't get older;);491;

Are you being honest because your saying something totally different then what that other guy is saying of him being 14 when he started out.

Power of Fire
28th July 2007, 8:43 AM
ash is ten thats that

DestinyHasCome
28th July 2007, 11:55 AM
I have the book of the first episode, i can copy it for you?