PDA

View Full Version : How?

Blatsman
25th July 2007, 5:31 PM
"Until events have occured in any part of the planet, do not ask for an Arceus, Shaymin or Darkrai."

Wasn't there an Darkrai event in Japan? Or did Bush blew away Japan with all of his nukes? Cause l honestly believed that Japan lies on this planet....

So when the rule actually says that l may ask for an Darkrai, why do l get kicked for asking for one then?
And if you may not ask for darkrai cause the event was in Japan, why does the rule say "in any part of the planet" ,what includes Japan ?

Shuko
25th July 2007, 6:43 PM
"Until events have occured in any part of the planet, do not ask for an Arceus, Shaymin or Darkrai."

Wasn't there an Darkrai event in Japan? Or did Bush blew away Japan with all of his nukes? Cause l honestly believed that Japan lies on this planet....

So when the rule actually says that l may ask for an Darkrai, why do l get kicked for asking for one then?
And if you may not ask for darkrai cause the event was in Japan, why does the rule say "in any part of the planet" ,what includes Japan ?It's been said many times on the forum already that they're keeping the ban in place until an event happens in the states. -_- You should try reading some of the other threads about it.

Blatsman
25th July 2007, 6:50 PM
Yes but when someone sees this rule that you can hardly miss and he immidiatly asks for Darkrai and he gets kicked, it is not his fault.

Cause who told him that he may not ask for Darkrai only until the event has occured on the planet? -_- Besides, this means that you don't have to listen to all serebii rules cause they are not all correct it seems.

Kirby
25th July 2007, 9:46 PM
Yes but when someone sees this rule that you can hardly miss and he immidiatly asks for Darkrai and he gets kicked, it is not his fault.

Cause who told him that he may not ask for Darkrai only until the event has occured on the planet? -_- Besides, this means that you don't have to listen to all serebii rules cause they are not all correct it seems.

Okay then, don't listen to the rules and b*tch about it when you get kicked.

What a good judgment!

Blatsman
25th July 2007, 10:43 PM
l DO listen to the rules!
And the rules say that you may not ask for darkrai UNTIL an event has occured on ANY part of the planet, so when you ask for Darkrai in the chat and there was an Darkrai event in Japan, you DO follow Serebii's OWN rules!

But even when l follow the rule that they put upin big letters above the chat they kick and b*tch about it!

Kaiserin
25th July 2007, 11:41 PM
l DO listen to the rules!
And the rules say that you may not ask for darkrai UNTIL an event has occured on ANY part of the planet, so when you ask for Darkrai in the chat and there was an Darkrai event in Japan, you DO follow Serebii's OWN rules!

But even when l follow the rule that they put upin big letters above the chat they kick and b*tch about it!

Your logic fails.

The mods AND Serebii have decided to keep the ban in place until an event happens in America. The chat page just hasn't been updated with it. In fact, the chat applet's rules haven't been updated in FOREVER. The ones on the forum are up-to-date, but the ones on the page itself are out-of-date.

It's a rule that has been placed. Just because the chat applet page hasn't been updated doesn't mean the rule is still in place and means it TO THE LETTER.

And when we correct you, you start b*tching.

Shut up, please, and/or grow a brain.

Neal
26th July 2007, 1:40 AM

That's a non-sensical question. Asking why did you get kicked for not breaking a rule is a non-sensical question. I've discovered this to be the case for #SPP in 2001. There are no statute rules in #SPP. #SPP does not work like that. Any op or HOp can ban kick any user as he pleases. The general IRC etiquette rule is, you get banned if you annoy or piss the wrong people off.

For example, 1 rule on the site says, do not argue with the ops. This means, if you didn't break a rule, and you argued with them, then you automatically broke that rule. So whether you argued about the logic of a previous ban, it doesn't matter whether you're right or not, you automatically broke another one.

Asking about unfair bans is a non-sensical request.

When I started #SPP as a 13 year old in 2001, Serebii himself posted the SPP chat rules on the applet. And I followed them. Serebii also had an e-mail back then, such as op-abuse@serebii.net, where you would e-mail him if the ops abused... Well, I didn't know it at the time, but that was also a non-sensical request. I e-mailed him the logs and everything.

Basically, I as a 13 year old in 2001, had to accept that Serebii knew about my case, and didn't care, so it defeated my entire purpose of following their so-called rules. Serebii hasn't changed going back to 2001. People don't change going back in time for that case.

Your priviledge of being in #SPP ends with the discretion of the channel ops. I've been akicked in #SPP for 2 years, from 2001-2003 or so (and then the channel moved to other networks). When the SOps whom wanted to remove my akick asked Serebii how long he wanted me on akick (on a later case), he said, 10 years.

For example Blatsmans, if it doesn't say on the SPP site that scripts aren't allowed in the channel, does that mean I can't get banned for running a script such as a seen script? That depends entirely on op discretion. If an op is ****** off at that, he may ban me. He can also change his mind if he's in a better mood one day. Your priviledge of being in #SPP ends with the discretion of the channel ops.

Asking for channel justice is a non-sensical request.

Neal
26th July 2007, 1:43 AM
Weee triple post...

Neal
26th July 2007, 1:44 AM

Kirby
26th July 2007, 3:51 AM
That's a non-sensical question. Asking why did you get kicked for not breaking a rule is a non-sensical question. I've discovered this to be the case for #SPP in 2001. There are no statute rules in #SPP. #SPP does not work like that. Any op or HOp can ban kick any user as he pleases. The general IRC etiquette rule is, you get banned if you annoy or piss the wrong people off.

For example, 1 rule on the site says, do not argue with the ops. This means, if you didn't break a rule, and you argued with them, then you automatically broke that rule. So whether you argued about the logic of a previous ban, it doesn't matter whether you're right or not, you automatically broke another one.

When I started #SPP as a 13 year old in 2001, Serebii himself posted the SPP chat rules on the applet. And I followed them. Serebii also had an e-mail back then, such as op-abuse@serebii.net, where you would e-mail him if the ops abused... Well, I didn't know it at the time, but that was also a non-sensical request. I e-mailed him the logs and everything.

Basically, I as a 13 year old in 2001, had to accept that Serebii knew about my case, and didn't care, so it defeated my entire purpose of following their so-called rules. Serebii hasn't changed going back to 2001. People don't change going back in time for that case.

Your priviledge of being in #SPP ends with the discretion of the channel ops. I've been akicked in #SPP for 2 years, from 2001-2003 or so (and then the channel moved to other networks). When the SOps whom wanted to remove my akick asked Serebii how long he wanted me on akick (on a later case), he said, 10 years.

For example Blatsmans, if it doesn't say on the SPP site that scripts aren't allowed in the channel, does that mean I can't get banned for running a script such as a seen script? That depends entirely on op discretion. If an op is ****** off at that, he may ban me. He can also change his mind if he's in a better mood one day. Your priviledge of being in #SPP ends with the discretion of the channel ops.

Funny you should moan about being banned for having scripts on, even though when *I* banned you, I had warned you/asked you over 10+ times to turn them off.

You never did listen.

You got banned.

End of story.

Neal2
26th July 2007, 5:03 AM
Funny you should moan about being banned for having scripts on, even though when *I* banned you, I had warned you/asked you over 10+ times to turn them off.

You never did listen.

You got banned.

End of story.

Alright, all you got to do is show me where I moaned about being banned.

-Neal.

Kirby
26th July 2007, 5:16 AM
Alright, all you got to do is show me where I moaned about being banned.

-Neal.

Read the post of yours I quoted.

And nice job evading your ban, enjoy your perma!

Blatsman
26th July 2007, 2:18 PM
Your logic fails.

The mods AND Serebii have decided to keep the ban in place until an event happens in America. The chat page just hasn't been updated with it. In fact, the chat applet's rules haven't been updated in FOREVER. The ones on the forum are up-to-date, but the ones on the page itself are out-of-date.

It's a rule that has been placed. Just because the chat applet page hasn't been updated doesn't mean the rule is still in place and means it TO THE LETTER.

And when we correct you, you start b*tching.

Shut up, please, and/or grow a brain.

What l mean is, when some one goes on the chat and sees that rule that Serebii wrote there, he may ask for Darkrai and get kicked. Was that fair? WHO told him that he may ask for Darkrai?

How could that someone know he should have checked the forum? How could he know the rules by the chat are fake?

Skiks
26th July 2007, 5:49 PM
What l mean is, when some one goes on the chat and sees that rule that Serebii wrote there, he may ask for Darkrai and get kicked. Was that fair? WHO told him that he may ask for Darkrai?

How could that someone know he should have checked the forum? How could he know the rules by the chat are fake?
(11:45:28) —› topic: Welcome to #SPP-WiFi, from the #1 Pokémon site http://www.serebii.net |, Please keep the chat here WiFi related |4th gen events = NO | Don't PM Ops UNLESS IT'S IMPORTANT <-BANNABLE| http://tinyurl.com/2tsuuj <- rules. READ THEM | SPECIFY ALL POKEMON | Darkrai Event = JP ONLY = STILL BANNED.

Is that clear enough?

Blatsman
26th July 2007, 6:04 PM
Well, when one rule says you may ask for Darkrai and then one rule says you may not l can imagine that someone who has never been on the forums gets confused.

Also, the fake rule is in Huge letters, while the real rule is very tiny, so that also may cause that someone sees the fake rule and then ask for Darkrai without reading the small letters frst, cause he thought it was safe he readed the big rule after all that gave him permission. Yeah, serebii sure is tricky.

Shuko
26th July 2007, 8:45 PM
Well, here's something that every member of the chat learns sooner or later. :p If you get kicked for requesting a banned Pokemon, it's no big deal. Just wait out your kick and move on with your life. If you complain about your kick, you're just going to annoy the Ops, and you're less likely to get it removed quickly. Furthermore, it's a chatroom. It's not imperative for survival. It's not a basic human right either; it's a privilege, and that privilege can be taken away at any time, for any reason. I'd suggest that if anyone doesn't like that, they avoid the chats, because as hectic and crazy as they are, it's too much to expect justice on an individual level for everyone. :p

Skiks
26th July 2007, 9:02 PM
Theres also the fact that the channel topic is first. You can't miss it. Besides you are reading too much into this. At least into the so called fake rule. Joe probably just didn't realize at the time that having an event in japan would still make it hard to get a legit one. Also listen to the topic more then then the rules. Since they can't be updated automatically.

PLANES CURE TOWERS
27th July 2007, 1:57 PM
That fact that Aipom read AND quoted Neal's post without responding with "tl;dr" makes me ashamed.

Oh and this topic is both new and interesting.

Kirby
27th July 2007, 2:06 PM
That fact that Aipom read AND quoted Neal's post without responding with "tl;dr" makes me ashamed.

Oh and this topic is both new and interesting.

!

tl;dr

Am I cool now :(?

PLANES CURE TOWERS
27th July 2007, 2:11 PM
Yes you are. :>!

Ho-oh Master
27th July 2007, 2:14 PM
How is this topic not closed yet? ;>_>

mrdurp4
27th July 2007, 2:19 PM
How is this topic not closed yet? ;>_>

cause the mods are having too much fun arguing. i say let them have their fun. anyway this is turning into a soap opera and i like it

PLANES CURE TOWERS
27th July 2007, 2:20 PM
cause the mods are having too much fun arguing. i say let them have their fun. anyway this is turning into a soap opera and i like it
You have no idea how much fail you just posted.

Ho-oh Master
27th July 2007, 2:21 PM

We need Serebii Stories :p I'm a bit of a Soap fan.

mrdurp4
27th July 2007, 2:22 PM

ummmm... fail... lol i dont get it. if you mean my post fails then yes i agree with that statement. it in fact does fail at life.