PDA

View Full Version : Pikachu's Level of Skill

daveshan
26th July 2007, 1:36 PM
Of all the things in the anime that don't make sense, I'd say that Pikachu's skill level is the one that makes the least amount of sense to me.

Even if you ignore the fact that, at times, he can shock ground-types, you are still looking at a pokemon that has: Ten+ years of battling experience, been in four different league tournaments (Kanto, Orange Island, Jhoto, and Hoenn), done various intense training exercises, has special sweeped Regice when it was trained by a frontier brain, and has numerous gym matches under its belt.

However, he still has a hard time with elekids (Pual's), magikarps (that B-Button League), and even roselias (that harp-playing guy in the brown outfit).

Does this not make sense to anyone else? How can something that can accomplish as much as Pikachu has have trouble from these nothing-level pokemon? Pikachu should be able to lol at any pokemon that isn't trained by a seasoned veteran.

Ryuu-Anima
26th July 2007, 9:13 PM
Well, anime time works differently from air time, so who knows howlong it's relaly been in the anime?

As far as Pikachu's skill level goes, it does make sense that if Pikachu shocks the WATER, the B-Button chicks Magikarp could jump out, given how they probably EV trained it or something.

Also, electric moves deal half damage to Electric types and Grass types, so theres your Roselia and Elekid.

I wish to Arceus I could explain the constant electrocution of ground types, though...

ijea4444
26th July 2007, 9:15 PM
maybe everytime he has a new battler they are equal or of higher lvl.

Kazuki Mirai
26th July 2007, 9:32 PM
Simple as that, they downgraded it for the sake of storyline

Venusaur Master
26th July 2007, 10:13 PM
seems that way

NovaNight
27th July 2007, 8:55 AM
probably but thats just wrong and i no that Pokemon is generaly for a younger audience but even my 8 year old cousin said that for being with Ash and Battlin for so long it sucks.