PDA

View Full Version : is pokemon,really the worst show ever?

pokemaster 13
26th July 2007, 5:39 PM
not to me.people say that pokemon has no character development or emotion.bah,i know the plots repetitve,but it sure does have character development and emotion.ash,misty,brock and team rockets personalitie's have been dragged out for so long,that some say that their characters a dull and flat.what would you expect from shows that go on for more than 3 or 4 seasons?and the plot shouldn't judge on how many times team rocket gets blasted off,but on how thw writers incorporate some the stories in the games, into the anime.

Liberty4Pokemon
26th July 2007, 5:44 PM
Right off the top of my head I could think of several shows much worse than Pokémon. I mean, Pokémon's not exactly Shakespeare, but it's a far cry from being the worse show ever.

Archimedes
26th July 2007, 5:45 PM
Each episode can be described with the same formula of, Ash and co meet generic character of the day, help GCOTD with their problem, fight Team Rocket, Team Rocket go boom, and finally, say farewell to GCOTD, saying how they'll see each other again even though it's not happening. That's a ****ing bad thing.

master of aggrons
26th July 2007, 5:46 PM
no way!!@!

The Doctor
26th July 2007, 5:54 PM
Rhetorical question?

AegisX summarised it perfectly; it's just they repeat it endlessly until eyes bleed and they throw in a gym battle just to regain interest. Then resume endless tripe. It's a disgrace to Satoshi Tajiri's creation itself. Face it, master of aggrons, it's true. And you invoked Aegis's wrath in the Pokemon vs. Digimon thread, so watch your step.

Should this even be here? It seems out of place.

pokemaster 13
26th July 2007, 5:55 PM
Each episode can be described with the same formula of, Ash and co meet generic character of the day, help GCOTD with their problem, fight Team Rocket, Team Rocket go boom, and finally, say farewell to GCOTD, saying how they'll see each other again even though it's not happening. That's a ****ing bad thing.don't forget about them helping the pokemon too.and how can each episode be the same when some fillers have character development and sometimes lead to the sub-plot of the sagas(lugia,kyogre and groudon,and now hunter j,team galaxy and the legendaries)

Archimedes
26th July 2007, 5:57 PM
And you invoked Aegis's wrath in the Pokemon vs. Digimon thread, so watch your step.He's doing it again, by not explaining his reasoning. Dammit man I've got a knife and a magical invention that lets me reach through this series of tubes to stab the **** out of you! Explain or be stabbed!

don't forget about them helping the pokemon too.and how can each episode be the same when some fillers have character development and sometimes lead to the sub-plot of the sagas(lugia,kyogre and groudon,and now hunter j,team galaxy and the legendaries) A question for j00! How often do those episodes actually show up? Once every season or so, perhaps? Not enough to disprove my point, either way.

The Doctor
26th July 2007, 6:07 PM
don't forget about them helping the pokemon too.and how can each episode be the same when some fillers have character development and sometimes lead to the sub-plot of the sagas(lugia,kyogre and groudon,and now hunter j,team galaxy and the legendaries)
A question for j00! How often do those episodes actually show up? Once every season or so, perhaps? Not enough to disprove my point, either way.

Once in a blue moon, more like. In other words, rarely.

pokemaster 13
26th July 2007, 6:09 PM
He's doing it again, by not explaining his reasoning. Dammit man I've got a knife and a magical invention that lets me reach through this series of tubes to stab the **** out of you! Explain or be stabbed!
A question for j00! How often do those episodes actually show up? Once every season or so, perhaps? Not enough to disprove my point, either way.

well since hoeen,you had two plotlines.ash collected badges and [girl of the games]entered in contest. and then,theres the sub-plot,team(s) [instert name](s) try to control the legendarie(s) of that region while ash tries to stop them.i see you're point,but you can't tell me that D/P isn't atleast,going for a running plot.geez,i'll leave this topic alone.

The Doctor
26th July 2007, 6:10 PM
well since hoeen,you had two plotlines.ash collected badges and [girl of the games]entered in contest. and then,theres the sub-plot,team(s) [instert name](s) try to control the legendarie(s) of that region while ash tries to stop them.i see you're point,but you can't tell me that D/P isn't atleast,going for a running plot.geez,i'll leave this topic alone.

Clones of plots =/= actual plots.

Dattebayo
26th July 2007, 6:11 PM
Pokemon is not the worst show ever. A true Pokemon fan must must watch every new episode of Pokemon no matter how idiotic the plot is.

Black/Light
26th July 2007, 6:12 PM
. . . .Anime wise, yeah, it's one of the worst animes I know of.

But in ALL of cartoon land? On. . . but it's still pretty low.

pokemaster 13
26th July 2007, 6:15 PM
Pokemon is not the worst show ever. A true Pokemon fan must must watch every new episode of Pokemon no matter how idiotic the plot is.

it depends on taste really.i enjoy pokemon because i wanna see how the writers gonna incorporate the games into the anime.that and the battles. yawn.I'mm gonna finish up digimon savers.

zeno48
26th July 2007, 6:22 PM
No, not really compared to most shows of today Pokemon stands on top.

Rex Kamex
26th July 2007, 6:28 PM
Pokemon has plenty of flaws, but I still think it is far from the worst show ever, and I still find it enjoyable.

You don't need to be a true Pokemon fan to watch every new episode. And if the plots of new episodes are idiotic, wouldn't a "true Pokemon fan" be more likely to stop watching because the episodes wouldn't be the same as they were when the watcher actually became a fan?

Dattebayo
26th July 2007, 6:33 PM
You don't need to be a true Pokemon fan to watch every new episode. And if the plots of new episodes are idiotic, wouldn't a "true Pokemon fan" be more likely to stop watching because the episodes wouldn't be the same as they were when the watcher actually became a fan?

Of course you need to be a true Pokemon. It's like being a true Mario fan by playing all of his games and watch his cartoons.

Rex Kamex
26th July 2007, 8:43 PM
I don't know where to rank Pokemon in terms of anime, since I've only watched only a few anime. (I've heard of plenty, though.) Still, I doubt it's THE worst anime out there.

Of course you need to be a true Pokemon. It's like being a true Mario fan by playing all of his games and watch his cartoons.

Also, you can watch all the episodes of Pokemon and not like it. (Although I don't see anyone sitting through every episode of Pokemon- that's aired- and not liking any of it, mainly because if they didn't like it, they wouldn't watch all of the episodes.)

By the way, I'm a fan of both Mario and Pokemon but I don't have (or even want to have) all the games. I haven't seen any Mario episodes and I haven't seen all the Pokemon episodes. I consider myself a fan of both because I like them both very much.

charlestonjbe
26th July 2007, 8:54 PM
It started going down hill after johto. My fav episode was the one with kanga kid.

ForeverFlame
26th July 2007, 9:00 PM
Not the worst show ever. It's simply the worst Anime ever. Mkay?

Rex Kamex
26th July 2007, 9:07 PM
It started going down hill after johto. My fav episode was the one with kanga kid.

Many people, including myself, find that the show improved from AG onward. (Hoenn wasn't as long as Johto, there were more entertaining fillers, the contest arc, characters like Harley O_O , stuff like that.)

But that Kanghaskan episode was a favorite one of mine...

thunderblade12
26th July 2007, 9:17 PM
the show is ok, but it had potential to be much better.

the movies are great though. the pokemon movies sometimes beat some popular anime like naruto and one piece

daveshan
26th July 2007, 9:20 PM
Not the worst show ever. It's simply the worst Anime ever. Mkay?
One Piece
Bayblades
Bidamon
every Gundam spinoff except for Wing
sailormoon (way too much hentai came out of that show :p )
card captors (again, way too much hentai and much more disturbing)
Every Tenchi series
Speed Racer
Ah! My Goddess
Tokyo Mew Mew
Everything that 4Kids has picked up that I haven't mentioned yet
Power Puff Girls Z (I'm not joking, this actually exists)

There are probably more, but I'm done.

thunderblade12
26th July 2007, 10:00 PM
its based simply on opinions. if your a fan of the show who cares what anyone else says. the crap they like is probably worst than what theyre insulting anyway. why worry about someones worthless opinion, it aint gonna effect you?

Rex Kamex
28th July 2007, 6:09 PM
One Piece

Have you, by any chance, only seen the dub?

Prio
28th July 2007, 6:12 PM
There are worse.

zeno48
28th July 2007, 6:12 PM
Have you, by any chance, only seen the dub?

One piece is really one of the best shows ever it's to bad 4kids killed and destroyed in the most inhumain way.

Prio
28th July 2007, 6:14 PM
One piece is really one of the best shows ever it's to bad 4kids killed and destroyed in the most inhumain way.
LOLLYPOPS.

Phantom_Bugsy
28th July 2007, 6:16 PM

I wanna be a true Pokemon.

PIIIIKAAAAAACHUUUUUUUUUUU

Guy
28th July 2007, 6:22 PM
Worst show? Well, I'd say it definitely started going downhill after Advanced. Aegis I admit pretty much did sum it up for now. Favorite of mine is the Origin of Mewtwo (%$#@ dubbers with all their "Rated G" %$#@ took it out of the American movie). Kanto was good, Johto's when they started to overdo it with "fillers", Advanced Battle when the theme songs went downhill, Battle Frontier was when they used the #$%& 3D stuff (it was good in Movie 3, but now they do it for...a lot) and when I gave up on the show.
edt: oh yes, the WORST thing about the show is the reputation it gave to PkMn. I mean, it made Pikachu be the $%&#ing MASCOT, is the target for criticism on PkMn in general, brings more idiots, bla bla bla...

Curiousity And the Cat
28th July 2007, 6:30 PM
Worst Show Ever = American/English Naruto on Cartoon Network

zeno48
28th July 2007, 6:31 PM
Worst Show Ever = American/English Naruto on Cartoon Network

WTF are you taking about? How is the english naruto bad? lqtm you need to explain this to me.

Curiousity And the Cat
28th July 2007, 6:35 PM
WTF are you taking about? How is the english naruto bad? lqtm you need to explain this to me.

Well, it's way to kiddish. His main saying is "believe it!", and they cut out all the somewhat raunchy parts to make it kid friendly even though it's mostly on at 11 PM. Also, the voice acting for many of the characters suck.

Edit: the best anime is FLCL/Samurai Champloo IMO, but Naruto is just the worst.

daveshan
28th July 2007, 6:37 PM
Naruto has started to go downhill ever since Naruto himself started becoming a super ninja. The best part of the show was that the main character wasn't uber. He was an average kid.

Now he's got that summoning frogs technique, that orb of death, and he's learning to control the Ninetailed Fox's power.

zeno48
28th July 2007, 6:40 PM
Well, it's way to kiddish. His main saying is "believe it!", and they cut out all the somewhat raunchy parts to make it kid friendly even though it's mostly on at 11 PM. Also, the voice acting for many of the characters suck.

Edit: the best anime is FLCL/Samurai Champloo IMO, but Naruto is just the worst.

Actually the voice acting is not that bad. I am use to the voice actors and all i can say is that they did a find job with naruto so far. Viz has yet to dissapoint me. Btw naruto is not kiddish just because of a catch phrase lqtm. So no you failed to provide a reason why it sucks.

Curiousity And the Cat
28th July 2007, 6:48 PM
Actually the voice acting is not that bad. I am use to the voice actors and all i can say is that they did a fine job with naruto so far. Viz has yet to dissapoint me. Btw naruto is not kiddish just because of a catch phrase lqtm. So no you failed to provide a reason why it sucks.

You do realize what has happened to you with VIZ has not happened with all that many people. Naruto has kind of whiney/baby/girly voice and they did a horrible job. If you think they did a good job, go ahead and purchase a japanese DVD of Naruto and prepare to be amazed.

zeno48
28th July 2007, 6:52 PM
You do realize what has happened to you with VIZ has not happened with all that many people. Naruto has kind of whiney/baby/girly voice and they did a horrible job. If you think they did a good job, go ahead and purchase a japanese DVD of Naruto and prepare to be amazed.

Actually i prefer the japanese naruto than the english any day but all I am saying that it's not as bad as you say it is and it was treated with respect. I just thank god 4kids did not get the rights to dub naruto or I would get my guns and shoot everyone there lol.

Curiousity And the Cat
28th July 2007, 7:00 PM
Actually i prefer the japanese naruto than the english any day but all I am saying that it's not as bad as you say it is and it was treated with respect. I just thank god 4kids did not get the rights to dub naruto or I would get my guns and shoot everyone there lol.

Actually, the English version leaves much to be desired, and is a huge let down.

zeno48
28th July 2007, 7:02 PM
Actually, the English version leaves much to be desired, and is a huge let down.

No, not really a huge let down like your saying but it's treated fairly and not all that bad honestly.

Curiousity And the Cat
28th July 2007, 7:05 PM
No, not really a huge let down like your saying but it's treated fairly and not all that bad honestly.

Treated? What are you talking about..?
In my opinion, I would give it a 5/10
4 for art, and 1 for brining it to the U.S

zeno48
28th July 2007, 7:07 PM
Treated? What are you talking about..?
In my opinion, I would give it a 5/10
4 for art, and 1 for brining it to the U.S

It's not as good as the japanese naruto but it's not really bad like your saying. If you want to see something dubbed bad go watch one piece 4 kids dub and you will see a major difference of what is treated fair and what is treated like crap.

Rex Kamex
28th July 2007, 7:07 PM
Well, it's way to kiddish. His main saying is "believe it!"

Don't forget about the Japanese Naruto's dattebayo.

Also, on another note the American dub cuts out things like flying blood.

(Then again, I did once hear that the English English dub of Naruto was edited to a futher point than the American English dub.)

Curiousity And the Cat
28th July 2007, 7:11 PM
Don't forget about the Japanese Naruto's dattebayo.

Also, on another note the American dub cuts out things like flying blood.

(Then again, I did once hear that the English English dub of Naruto was edited to a futher point than the American English dub.)

I know, I'm not, read my other posts.

Princess Reina
28th July 2007, 9:15 PM
Ehh, the show isnt the worst. Dont believe everything you hear -___-

Some like it, some dont. If you like to watch Pokemon - go ahead and you shouldnt care about some articles.

zeno48
29th July 2007, 12:06 AM
Ehh, the show isnt the worst. Dont believe everything you hear -___-

Some like it, some dont. If you like to watch Pokemon - go ahead and you shouldnt care about some articles.

^True that lqtm.

buneary dude
29th July 2007, 12:11 AM
It's okay but really most I want to see is the violence.

zeno48
29th July 2007, 12:12 AM
It's okay but really most I want to see is the violence.

Go see Digimon for that lqtm.

coolminun
29th July 2007, 12:26 AM
It's not that bad. But I find it is very corny and gets so predictable that it's ridiculous. But I have to admit, that the animation is top notch. I really liked how pikachu slashed onix with it's iron tail in the oreburgh gym episode.

Rex Kamex
29th July 2007, 12:28 AM
Meh, I don't really like the animation in Pokemon. As I've said before, I've gotten sick and tired of all the "1) Pokemon A fires attack at/charges into Pokemon B 2) BAM 3) Pokemon B floats backward while screaming" scenes.

I know, I'm not, read my other posts.

Okay, never mind then.

Archimedes
29th July 2007, 3:08 AM
Edit: the best anime is FLCL/Samurai Champloo IMO Had you not added the IMO to the end of that I might've had to verbally ***** slap you. Far better shows than those exist, Cowboy Bebop and Black Jack 21 for example.
, but Naruto is just the worst.Well it is a terrible piece of ****, you've got me there, but there are far worse shows out there, Pokemon and Inuyasha for example.

Naraku_Diabolos
29th July 2007, 5:41 AM
InuYasha isn't that bad for the English dub lol Try watching the English episodes on the DVD with subtitles; most of what was original words on the original were a bit more...crude and serious.

Naruto got to some raunchy parts, like when Jiraiya was first shown. Like when he was describing for Naruto to get a girl with some hefty knee-warmers and freaking out on Sexy No Jutsu with getting a nosebleed.

Besides, I think Pokemon Diamond and Pearl series is getting more graphic in terms of situations. They even used a slang/curse word in the American episode of "Mutiny in the Bounty!" James called Jay a wench (aka, an unruling girl; prostitute) at the end of the episode. I know I've heard that word only used on Bleach, InuYasha, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bepop and Outlaw Star (uncut version).

Captain Brain
29th July 2007, 6:29 AM
There are far worse anime out there, the one that comes immediately to my mind is "Puni Puni Poemi". ;025;

Phoenix Master
29th July 2007, 9:28 AM
While the Pokemon anime is pretty bad, I don't think it is the worst anime ever.(Crush Gear Nitro, B-Daman and Powerpuff Girls Z take that place IMO) And it is nowhere near the worst TV Show ever.

Drkecho
29th July 2007, 9:47 AM
Simple summary:

Pokemon is pretty bad (Would rate like a 3 on a scale to 10) BUT its the worst anime out there

Surreal
29th July 2007, 10:03 AM
The plots are repetitive, no development for Brock, and the whole show is just an advertisement.

I do enjoy it even though it is a pretty lame show.

A true Pokemon fan must must watch every new episode of Pokemon no matter how idiotic the plot is.
Not really.

xgina
29th July 2007, 10:04 AM
i hate it.

but it's not the worst.

pipersgirl™
29th July 2007, 10:06 AM
I dont hate it, but its getting bad.......veeerrryyy baaaad!

Princess Reina
29th July 2007, 11:05 AM
It\'s okay but really most I want to see is the violence.

Read the manga.

Guy
29th July 2007, 12:55 PM
yeah, if they made a show based off the manga, that would be teh awesome! we should try and get that to happen!

Ayraleia
29th July 2007, 3:08 PM
I don't think the show is bad, nor do I feel it's just an advertisement. I thought it was for many years until one day not too long ago, I found myself glued to a marathon on Cartoon Network. Now I'm hopelessly addicted!

While formulaic, I love that you can always count on things like Team Rocket blasting off again. I love that Ash is such a hero, always doing the right thing. I love how innocent the world is, that kids as young as 10 can go off on great adventures without their parents and not have much to fear. It's just cool. I wish the real world was that way sometimes!

Charlord
29th July 2007, 3:34 PM
i love the show, games, cards, etc. it's the best anime (one of the many reasons is that other anime is crap) and one of the best shows and i really have t agree with Aralyeia

striker
29th July 2007, 3:36 PM
hell no it once was one of the greatest now its just s***

Princess Reina
29th July 2007, 3:44 PM
i love the show, games, cards, etc. it\'s the best anime (one of the many reasons is that other anime is crap) and one of the best shows and i really have t agree with Aralyeia

I hope you are only 8.

Charlord
29th July 2007, 3:48 PM
if ya hate it so much why are you on this website and i'm 11

Gravy
29th July 2007, 3:55 PM
Crap like this (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=m1GEnHq2kkE) happens to be a hundred times worse than the Pokémon animé, and even it isn't the worst TV show ever. Which is really saying something.

Pokémon is pretty bad, but it's not bad bad. At the very least, some of the characters are likable and the concept is interesting.

Korobooshi Kojiro
29th July 2007, 3:56 PM
And if the plots of new episodes are idiotic, wouldn't a "true Pokemon fan" be more likely to stop watching because the episodes wouldn't be the same as they were when the watcher actually became a fan?

Now this I disagree with. I don't see how complaining makes you a "truer fan" then someone who blindly loves everything about it.

pokemaster95
It is not bad but not good either.Pokemon has poteintial to be the best Anime ever but we Dont have good writers.But BF and DP brought up the Ratings in america.But they can do better in the story line.They should have made an anime out from the manga the manga has fair amount of Violence a Good story line a lot of good battles.

Skullfather
Hey, I love the show, especially the movies. The best movie was definitly Dialga Vs. Palkia Vs. Darkrai 2007

Korobooshi Kojiro
29th July 2007, 3:59 PM
"The Manga", which is one of tons of Pokemon Manga's (and never stated to be the official one) is lame by comparison of most Manga, just as the Anime is lame by comparison of alot of Anime. It's grossly overrated merely for being "violenter" then the Anime, which isn't saying much.

*nods*

pokemaster95
29th July 2007, 4:01 PM
"The Manga", which is one of tons of Pokemon Manga's (and never stated to be the official one) is lame by comparison of most Manga, just as the Anime is lame by comparison of alot of Anime. It's grossly overrated merely for being "violenter" then the Anime, which isn't saying much.

*nods*

I know that but the ratings would have been better and people would like it better.

Off topic but is there really an anime called Power puff girls Z?

Gravy
29th July 2007, 4:04 PM
Why does it matter to you if the ratings are better? Unless the show is struggling and actually needs the ratings, you really shouldn't care less anyway. Likewise, it shouldn't matter how many other people like it, as long as you do.

Arbok
29th July 2007, 4:04 PM
i love the show, games, cards, etc. it's the best anime (one of the many reasons is that other anime is crap) and one of the best shows and i really have t agree with Aralyeia

Other anime is crap.. Other anime is crap? No not really.

I really hate the thing every in Pokémon is the same, every episode. If that wasn't the fact, I think I would like it more.

Archimedes
29th July 2007, 4:30 PM
I hope you are only 8.

No, he's just an idiot.

if ya hate it so much why are you on this website and i'm 11 Protip: This site doesn't just focus on the anime, you dumb ****. You also seem rather closeminded for an eleven year old.

it's the best anime No it's not. There's a ****ton of better shows out there.
(one of the many reasons is that other anime is crap) Oh lawd. You ever watched anything other than the **** on Adult Swim and KidsWB? I'm gonna take a guess and say the answer is no. Watch something that isn't Pogeman for once(say, The Big O or Metropolis), and take your head out of your ***.

Artorias
29th July 2007, 5:07 PM
The anime is way too clichéd. Same crap as always.

zeno48
29th July 2007, 5:20 PM
The anime is way too clichéd. Same crap as always.

lqtm you are such a hipocrit that i laugh at people that say it's to repetative.

Charlord
29th July 2007, 5:22 PM
No, he's just an idiot.
Protip: This site doesn't just focus on the anime, you dumb ****. You also seem rather closeminded for an eleven year old.
No it's not. There's a ****ton of better shows out there. Oh lawd. You ever watched anything other than the **** on Adult Swim and KidsWB? I'm gonna take a guess and say the answer is no. Watch something that isn't Pogeman for once(say, The Big O or Metropolis), and take your head out of your ***.

i do watch other stuff, i'm just saying pokemon is one of the best
other stuff=doctor who justice league ben 10, etc.

Artorias
29th July 2007, 5:24 PM
lqtm you are such a hipocrit that i laugh at people that say it's to repetative.
I laugh at you. Calling me a hypocrite? I don't even watch it anymore. And it is repetitive and clichéd.

zeno48
29th July 2007, 6:05 PM
I laugh at you. Calling me a hypocrite? I don't even watch it anymore. And it is repetitive and clichéd.

That is why i laugh you, calling this show repetative while other shows are the same thing repetative. You are a hipocrit.

Archimedes
29th July 2007, 7:11 PM
i do watch other stuff, i'm just saying pokemon is one of the best
other stuff=doctor who justice league ben 10, etc.

I was referring to anime, genius.

Charlord
29th July 2007, 7:16 PM
i've seen other animes naruto crap, bo-bo-bo crap, one piece crap, mar crap, the other possibly good anime might be fantastic four japanese cartoon and certain episodes of teen titans

Archimedes
29th July 2007, 7:19 PM
one piece crap Watch something other than the dub.
, mar crapNever seen, don't care to see.
, the other possibly good anime might be fantastic four japanese cartoon and certain episodes of teen titansThose are both American made and aren't anime. Like I said, all you've seen is the **** on kidsWB and Cartoon Network. Watch a ****ing series that wasn't raped by editing or wasn't **** already. I already recommended two.

Charlord
29th July 2007, 7:22 PM
well i'm sure they're both crap too

Archimedes
29th July 2007, 7:24 PM
well i'm sure they're both crap too

Actually watch em' before judging them you little bastich. Wait a minute. No one can actually be this ****ing stupid. Don't feed the trolls people!

Cartoonami
29th July 2007, 7:53 PM
I can think of a few anime that are far worse than Pokemon. Like Yu-Gi-Oh!, what with its flat characters and cliche "save-the-world" storylines-yeesh. It's a good thing that Pokemon operates on a premise, and (on TV) keeps things smaller-scale. Other anime have splashier anime animation, but they are overly complicated and seemingly humorless(like Naruto). Pokemon benifits from its faithfulness (with some creative liscence) to the source material, a likable cast, and it's endless charm. It's no Miyazaki, but I (and if TV ratings have anything to say) find the Pokemon anime to be timelessly entertaining.
Here's to ten more years, all you detractors.

Prio
30th July 2007, 2:20 AM
I can think of a few anime that are far worse than Pokemon. Like Yu-Gi-Oh!, what with its flat characters and cliche "save-the-world" storylines-yeesh. It's a good thing that Pokemon operates on a premise, and (on TV) keeps things smaller-scale. Other anime have splashier anime animation, but they are overly complicated and seemingly humorless(like Naruto). Pokemon benifits from its faithfulness (with some creative liscence) to the source material, a likable cast, and it's endless charm. It's no Miyazaki, but I (and if TV ratings have anything to say) find the Pokemon anime to be timelessly entertaining.
Here's to ten more years, all you detractors.

*Person has a problem with a Pokemon*

*Ash and friends help said Person with problem*

*Team rocket comes in a causes a cluster *****

TR: prepare for trouble"yatayata yata"

*Team rocket steals Pikachu and other random Pokemon*

Ash: Go *insert flying Pokemon here* pop that baloon

Wash rince repeat until a gym battle.

Charlord
30th July 2007, 3:17 AM
*Person has a problem with a Pokemon*

*Ash and friends help said Person with problem*

*Team rocket comes in a causes a cluster *****

TR: prepare for trouble"yatayata yata"

*Team rocket steals Pikachu and other random Pokemon*

Ash: Go *insert flying Pokemon here* pop that baloon

Wash rince repeat until a gym battle.

if you hate it so much, whado you watch it! and it's not always the same

Rex Kamex
30th July 2007, 3:19 AM
Pokemon does have repetition, but it's been like this since the Kanto arc. (Although I think more of the Kanto episodes had a unique feel, up to a point in that arc.) I think more people are acknowledging this because it's been so many years since Pokemon started airing.

Now this I disagree with. I don't see how complaining makes you a "truer fan" then someone who blindly loves everything about it.

I'm not definately saying that. That's why I put "true fan" in quotes.

I guess it really depends on what a "true fan" is supposed to be. I still don't think that a "true fan" has to watch every last moment of the Pokemon series. (I suppose saying a "true fan" would stop watching if the show changed is the other extreme.)

Rave
30th July 2007, 5:54 AM
if you hate it so much, whado you watch it! and it's not always the same

What he's talking about is that the story formula for Pokemon is pretty much the same now.

The only difference is that they change the cast of characters and objectives. Thats it.

And if you don't get this... then I'm sorry. But I can't elaborate it any further for you.

It'll be a waste of my time trying to dumb it down for someone who doesn't want to hear the truth.

Princess Reina
30th July 2007, 9:44 AM
Listen, you dont have to be mad at 11 years old kids who are in love with the show.
8-11 kids are still very young and Pokemon is the best show for them. If they watch the mature anime they will not like it. Why? Because the anime will be too complicated for their little brains. If they grow up they will discover new, fantastic animes. Pokemon will stay as good memory from the childhood.

Surreal
30th July 2007, 9:50 AM
i've seen other animes naruto crap, bo-bo-bo crap, one piece crap, mar crap, the other possibly good anime might be fantastic four japanese cartoon and certain episodes of teen titans
I bet you haven't even seen One Piece. Either that or you just watched the dub. I'll bet that you can't even tell what One Piece is about. And Teen Titans isn't anime.

Rave
30th July 2007, 3:43 PM
Please don't tell me someone said that Teen Titans or Fantastic 4 is anime....

It isn't.

Grovesx
30th July 2007, 3:47 PM
I think its perfectly fine for the younger audiences.

Although, the majority of people I know prefer shows such as, Onegai Twins, Death Note, Chobits, Azumanaga Dioah etc.

Redeevee
30th July 2007, 6:09 PM
not to me.people say that pokemon has no character development or emotion.bah,i know the plots repetitve,but it sure does have character development and emotion.ash,misty,brock and team rockets personalitie's have been dragged out for so long,that some say that their characters a dull and flat.what would you expect from shows that go on for more than 3 or 4 seasons?and the plot shouldn't judge on how many times team rocket gets blasted off,but on how thw writers incorporate some the stories in the games, into the anime.

no. it doesnt have character development. and it has no real strong plot. all the episodes are the same. it pretty much sux.

worst EVER? i severly doubt that. Just look at bobobobobobobobo. but Pokemon is still bad

Rex Kamex
31st July 2007, 3:38 AM
worst EVER? i severly doubt that. Just look at bobobobobobobobo. but Pokemon is still bad

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is a comedy anime that's not meant to be taken so seriously.