PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon they should've caught/kept

Johnny2071
26th July 2007, 7:16 PM
What pokemon do you think our main characters and Team Rocket should caught or kept(but lost) and why?

In my opinion,

Ash:
The Quagsire that returned his GS Ball - it could've been a good omen
Beedrill - The one he gave away, since he lost his Sun Stone.
Any legendary - I don't care which. Main characters catch in the game catch them all the time.
Pidgeot - That pokemon was too cool too leave. He should've oaked it.
Primeape - Just because......
Haunter - He needs a ghost pokemon
Butterfree - Bring him back!
Porygon - It would've been the only way to keep Porygon in the anime.
Clefairy - haruka~ convinced me.

Misty:
Jigglypuff(the usual one we know) - ever notice that it hasn't been making any appearances since Johto.

May:
Swablu - Just because.......

Max:
Any pokemon would be a miracle - Being too young is no excuse. Many kids his age or younger have their own pokemon. Mightyena and Ralts should've been his pokemon.

Team Rocket:
That Shellder or Slowbro in that Westwood ep.
Snubull - Granbull could've been a big help.
Delibird
Ursaring(the evil Teddiursa)
Those pokemon in the first Brandon ep.

Mr. Mime
26th July 2007, 7:37 PM
Ash:
Corphish. Bit of comic relief.
Muk, let's be honest, more comic relief.
Snorlax. Too powerful for Old Man Oak.
One of his many, many Tauros.
Also, he should catch another grass pokemon. With Bulbasaur at Oak's lab, he could use another one. Not Turtwig. That's rubbish.

Misty:
Another Staryu, a Golduck and a Vaporeon. Those should be her main squaddies.

May:
Mr. Mime. Why not?

Max:
Porygon 2. Again, why not?

Team Rocket:
Cloyster.
Arbok (Jesse's best)
Weezing (James' best)
Mime Jr. (still)
A tyrogue each.

charlestonjbe
26th July 2007, 7:47 PM
I hope Butterfree and Pidgeot come back. Ash is a lyer

Venusaur Master
26th July 2007, 7:53 PM
May should have definitly caught that swablu it was a match made in heaven

keaki17
26th July 2007, 7:59 PM
OT: Jigglypuff was in the bf episode

but ash should have ALL his pokemon come bak

Seviper
27th July 2007, 12:41 AM
Pidgeot should really come back, Butterfree not really, he's making Caterpies with his pink girlfriend and Primeape, well, I never liked it much but it could be funny to watch him punching prof. Oak in his lab, something similar to what Muk does.
Jesse and James should've never released Arbok, Weezing or Victreebell and they should've kept that Hitmonlee they took from a trainer in the same episode that Ash gives his Primeape away.
How will Misty get Togekiss now?

Rooreelooo
27th July 2007, 11:42 AM
Brock should have a Qwilfish. There's no reason why except it seems like they would be a good team.

Misty should have kept the Horsea, and evolved it. Although main characters don't tend to get dragon pokémon as a rule.

Ash, I don't think he needs all his old pokémon back, but he should rotate more. He tends to use the same team each series and only use oldies when it comes to league time.

May, I dunno. I would say Swablu but it would never evolve because of the dragon thing again (why is Altaria considered a dragon anyway?)

That's all I can think of right now.

Rex Kamex
27th July 2007, 4:41 PM
Misty should have kept the Horsea, and evolved it. Although main characters don't tend to get dragon pokémon as a rule.

Except Seadra isn't a Dragon type.

haruka~
27th July 2007, 4:50 PM
Except Seadra isn't a Dragon type.
But Kingdra is.

Ash should have caught that Clefairy he wanted to. ;-;
And Max should get a Ralts.

Shiny pokemon lover
28th July 2007, 1:15 AM
It looks like they not giving psychic to the main caracters either.
Therefore they could not catch Ralts or Spoink.
And I guess a pokemon with Metronome would be to powerful for Ash.

Rex Kamex
28th July 2007, 5:34 PM
Any legendary - I don't care which. Main characters catch in the game catch them all the time.

In the games, catching a legend doesn't affect the world the way it does in the anime. Also, in the anime, the legend would just vaporize the PokeBall or do some other trick so it isn't captured.

But Kingdra is.

But Seadra isn't.

She doesn't have to evolve it to Kindra.

Johnny2071
28th July 2007, 5:49 PM
In the games, catching a legend doesn't affect the world the way it does in the anime. Also, in the anime, the legend would just vaporize the PokeBall or do some other trick so it isn't captured.

But Seadra isn't.

She doesn't have to evolve it to Kindra.

Maybe, but it would be nice if Ash actually got to capture a legendary or an uber legendary. Look at Nolan of the Frontier Brains.

Dawn should also catch Mespirit, since she lives nearby in Twinleaf Town. In the game, the man in Celestia Town says that Mespirit looks over you. That would be a good omen.

Rex Kamex
28th July 2007, 5:52 PM
Maybe, but it would be nice if Ash actually got to capture a legendary or an uber legendary. Look at Nolan of the Frontier Brains.

Ash's Charizard beat Articuno though. Also, if I recall correctly, Noland didn't actually catch Articuno, and they were more like partners.

If Ash did catch a lenendary, he'd either beat every Trainer with it and never lose, or it would have a few losses, which wouldn't make the legendary Pokemon as cool as it originally way.

Johnny2071
29th July 2007, 6:58 AM
Ash's Charizard beat Articuno though. Also, if I recall correctly, Noland didn't actually catch Articuno, and they were more like partners.

If Ash did catch a lenendary, he'd either beat every Trainer with it and never lose, or it would have a few losses, which wouldn't make the legendary Pokemon as cool as it originally way.

Well he could always oak it or save it for emergencies. I just want Ash to do something new, other than lose to some gym leaders without having a rematch in the same episode or lose in a pokemon league based on a video game region. Look at me, I keep my Chronos(Dialga) in my party but in don't use him everytime. Not all of Ash's pokemon grow a flawed personality.

Let's give it a try.

loonatic
30th July 2007, 2:43 PM
the main ones i believe the characters should have kept/caught are the Swablu that May took care of and that Ralts that Max cared for, they definitely should have caught them. also, like everyone else, i beleive that Ash shouldnt have let Pidgeot go. it would have been better in Johto than Noctowl i believe (accept when battling Morty- the Ghost-type gym leader) and then later he could let Prof. oak take care of it...but letting it go was a mistake. and that happened in season one. shouldnt most of those Pidgey and Pidgeotto be Pidgeots themselves by now? Pidgeot should come back in the filler season for awhile or something like that. Haunter would have been a good addition to his team as well. but if he hadnt let Sabrina have it she might still be the way she used to be and torture people along with that creepy little doll.

torterra4sceptile
31st July 2007, 11:08 PM
im going to basically talk about ash

he should have kept
pidgeot
primeape
hunter
beedrill

he should have caught
growlith
poliwag
a evee evolution