PDA

View Full Version : Ash evovling his pokemon

MasterLucario
27th July 2007, 2:52 PM
To those of you who saw all seasons, you know Ash barely evovles any of his Pokemon. Now I want you to make a team of Final evolutions from all of Ash's pokemon into a good team.
Torterra
Ambipom
Raichu
Blastoise
Staraptor
Typhlosion
What do you think?

master of aggrons
27th July 2007, 2:54 PM
one thing if you saw the battle against lt. surge you would see that ash would never evolve pikachu, but the rest is great

MasterLucario
27th July 2007, 2:59 PM
Well If ash had any common sense he would, right? And yes I saw that Ep.

master of aggrons
27th July 2007, 3:02 PM
yeah but he has none if it were me i would have every pkmn he has to its final form so fast it would make his head spin

Prio
27th July 2007, 3:02 PM
Ash doesn't evolve his Pokemon because he's a pussy.

MasterLucario
27th July 2007, 3:05 PM
Good point's everyone! I'll be ash

*ah-mm.*
I don't want my Pokemon to Evolve. I want to be the best trainer, but I can't with a crappy team like mine. I need Pokedex data to win, but I won't evolve my pokemon.

master of aggrons
27th July 2007, 3:07 PM
continuing has ash yeah because i am so stupid i dont know anything about strong pokemon

Keaton
27th July 2007, 3:10 PM
Its more about Ash and how much people watching like his pokemon...people would hate it if ash used a Raichu or a strong pokemon...!

Try putting that team in the RMT sections and work it from there...after all that is kinda what your asking =p

(dont forget to add movesets etc)

gunnuthula
27th July 2007, 3:16 PM
Why do u guys think like that of Ash, he may be not evolving coz he just wants to make them learn new attacks, or he likes them like that.

Gravy
27th July 2007, 3:16 PM
I often wonder if people even bother to look at the pokémon he owns when they whine about how there aren't enough evolutions in the show, because any moron could see that the majority of them are evolved.
It should also be evident by now that you can't just make a pokémon evolve, unless it's via stone evolution.

Well If ash had any common sense he would, right?
Yeah, I agree. Screw his pokémon's feelings, they don't matter. All that counts is forcing your pokémon to do something they don't want to, because in the end all that counts is winning.
While we're at it, to hell with decent character development in a show that desperately needs it too.

Prio
27th July 2007, 3:18 PM
I often wonder if people even bother to look at the pokémon he owns when they whine about how there aren't enough evolutions in the show, because any moron could see that the majority of them are evolved.

No they aren't.

Venusaur Master
27th July 2007, 3:26 PM
Ash dosn't want to force his pokemon to evolve through battling (even tough we all want his pokemon to evolve at least once) he would rather have them evolve through friendship

Gravy
27th July 2007, 3:27 PM
No they aren't.
Yeah they are :)

Tauros, Heracross, Torkoal, Kingler, Muk, Sceptile, Snorlax, Pikachu, Bayleef, Donphan, Swellow, Charizard, Noctowl, Glalie, Muku.BIRD. And if you want to include the one's he doesn't own anymore, you're adding Pidgeot, Lapras, Primeape and Butterfree to the mix.

vs.

Totodile, Cyndaquil, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Aipom, Turtwig, Corphish.

Prio
27th July 2007, 3:28 PM
Ash dosn't want to force his pokemon to evolve through battling (even tough we all want his pokemon to evolve at least once) he would rather have them evolve through friendship

YUGI WOULD BE PROUD.

MasterLucario
27th July 2007, 6:07 PM
Listen, these pokemon Ash let evolve:
Charmander and Charmeleon(count as one)
Treeko and Grovile(same)
Snorunt
Phanpy
Starly
Tailow
Chickorita
Kraby
Pidgey and Pidgeotto
Caterpie and Metapod
Total:10

Ones that he hasn't
Pikachu(no duh)
Corphish
Larvitar
Bayleef
Tootadile
Cyndaquil
Staravia
Bulbasaur
Squirlte
Turtwig
Aipom
Total11!

Oh! non evolving wins by 1!

S.Suikun
27th July 2007, 6:12 PM
Haha, nice try. Staravia and Bayleef had both evolved once, and the reason Staravia isn't Staraptor is because Sinnoh has only recently begun. Aipom and Turtwig will undoubtedly evolve later in the saga as well. And Ash technically never even owned Larvitar, for crying out loud. And he carried it around for only like 4 episodes after it hatched (and really, do you expect it to evolve right after hatching?).

MasterLucario
27th July 2007, 7:10 PM
He could at least try to train the Larvitar. And by the way, I would have a Staraptor by now, so could you plz stop dissing this thread? I'd appreciate it.

S.Suikun
27th July 2007, 7:21 PM
His mission was to return Larvitar to its lost mother, not train it into an uber Tyraniwhatever killing machine. And just because you would have a Staraptor by where Ash currently is according to your screwy RPG logic doesn't mean the anime goes by the same system of levels and EV's and all that crap.

Addydo
27th July 2007, 8:42 PM
His mission was to return Larvitar to its lost mother, not train it into an uber Tyraniwhatever killing machine. And just because you would have a Staraptor by where Ash currently is according to your screwy RPG logic doesn't mean the anime goes by the same system of levels and EV's and all that crap.

THANK YOU!!!! :D It's about time someone shut him up!?

Cenzo
27th July 2007, 8:46 PM
Well If ash had any common sense he would, right? And yes I saw that Ep.

No he wouldn't as forced evolution is a form of Pokeabuse. Pikachu's happy the way he is, as are Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Corphish, Cyndaquil, and Totodile. If they wanted to evolve they would have, there's no experience points in the anime.

MasterLucario
28th July 2007, 1:48 AM
Omg! You gouys are so mean! Just drop it, okay? Ash was supposed to bring Larvitar back to his mother, I didn't know that! My mistake for not being perfect!

Ryuu-Anima
28th July 2007, 1:52 AM
No he wouldn't as forced evolution is a form of Pokeabuse. Pikachu's happy the way he is, as are Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Corphish, Cyndaquil, and Totodile. If they wanted to evolve they would have, there's no experience points in the anime.

Here Here! People, you have to remember that ANIME=/=GAME. While in the games, the goal is to complete the Pokédex, the goal in the anime is more to beat tough opponents. Ash does that well without evolving all of his Pokémon. Besides, the Pokédex in the anime already HAS the data on most of the Pokémon that Ash will ever see, probably because it seems to be a group effort, made mostly by earlier trainers. The Pokédex isn't as much of a task in the anime, as it is a symbol of being a trainer.

and if you bring up "School of Hard Knocks", I have this to say: THey ahven't mentioned levels since, so it was probably because they had yet to establish a standard continuity at this point. Not that theres much continuity now, but...

Desert Flower
28th July 2007, 2:12 AM
For the umpteenth time, anime =/= games. Evolution takes much longer. And, yet again, being a great trainer and being a powerful one do not necessarily go hand in hand. He wants his pokemon to be happy, and Pikachu has made it clear that it does not want to evolve.

And they have mentioned levels, just not specific ones. They say "high-level" often, just to indicate strength. So it's hard to tell if they use levels or not.

DestinyHasCome
28th July 2007, 11:53 AM
Blastoise Squad? I don't think so.

Squirtle Squad? Hell yeah, he won't evolve any of his pokemon. You can't just push them and hope for it ya know?

octoboy
30th July 2007, 2:13 AM
Yeah they are :)

Tauros, Heracross, Torkoal, Kingler, Muk, Sceptile, Snorlax, Pikachu, Bayleef, Donphan, Swellow, Charizard, Noctowl, Glalie, Muku.BIRD. And if you want to include the one's he doesn't own anymore, you're adding Pidgeot, Lapras, Primeape and Butterfree to the mix.

Most of those pokemon are either the only pokemon in their line, and don't evolve at all (like torkoal), didn't count as evolved when they were caught (like snorlax) or were evolved when they were caught (like noctowl).

on top of that, a lot of them are rarely used, like muk and kingler.

Though Ash's team has been getting more evolutions, or at least less cute than before. Y'all have May and Dawn to thank for that. Now that there are some girly females to stick cuties on, Ash can have his team less cute and more cool. This doesn't always mean he'll get pokemon which are powerful in the games, but at least we're getting pokemon like corphish instead of squirtle.

Now why no pokemon as suggested above, you ask? Well, the reason is that it would take the fun out of battling! Think how easily pikachu can take out an opponent with a single blast. Imagine how boring it would be if Ash just had to whip out his big pokemon and have it hit its enemy, then kaboom, victory. That isn't very interesting. If the pokemon are unevolved, Ash would need a clever strategy to come out on top.

Of course, that doesn't mean that the big guys can't have an interesting battle. It's just that it's easier to make it more of a challenge, thus more interesting for smaller pokemon.

Plus, as pokemon evolve, they get harder to really know. Think of it this way. Pikachu is a pokemon one can really get to know. It's got a friendly, good personality.

Now, in contrast, look at tauros. It isn't really much of a character , and is more just well, a bull. Similarly, charizard is more just a big dragon than a character.

In other words, a pokemon can more easily be a friend if you don't have to crane your neck to make eye contact with it.

Snorunt conservationist
30th July 2007, 11:44 AM
It should also be evident by now that you can't just make a pokémon evolve, unless it's via stone evolution.

Yeah, I agree. Screw his pokémon's feelings, they don't matter. All that counts is forcing your pokémon to do something they don't want to, because in the end all that counts is winning.
While we're at it, to hell with decent character development in a show that desperately needs it too.

Well said. Well said indeed.

Threads such as this jsut ooze ignorance. Ever stopped to think that Bulbasaur is unevolved, yet hands the majority of pokemon it faces a large slice of pain?

Grovesx
30th July 2007, 12:06 PM
He could have any team anyone says, but he must keep Picachu :).

pipersgirl™
30th July 2007, 12:08 PM
I want to start evolving his pokemon more.....

Gravy
30th July 2007, 12:31 PM
Most of those pokemon are either the only pokemon in their line, and don't evolve at all (like torkoal)
So? I don't see why they shouldn't be included, just because they don't develop from another creature. They can't surpass their current forms, correct? Ergo, they are complete, and have gone as far as their life cycle permits them. In other words; 'fully evolved'.

didn't count as evolved when they were caught (like snorlax)
Even if it didn't evolve from a Munchlax, I included it in the list due to the fact that it's quite possible it was born as a Snorlax. Thus filling the same quota as the above pokémon~

or were evolved when they were caught (like noctowl).
It's still an evolved pokémon though. thus adding to that 'the majority of the pokémon he owns have evolved' statement.

on top of that, a lot of them are rarely used, like muk and kingler.
He still has them though, right? ;)

Either way, the thread creator is still spouting bull. He doesn't let his pokémon evolve, nor does he prevent them from doing so, which reduces that 'he has no common sense' rubbish to dust. And we certainly have been seeing a lot more pokémon evolutions under his care since the start of Advanced Generation. Then you only have to look at his current team, all three of which are more than likely to evolve at some point. Which just about leaves his entire argument flopping around and gasping for air.

And as for the final fully evolved team he asked for? Everyone knows it should consist of 5 Probopass and Pikachu possessed by Groucho Marx. Blastoise and Charizard indeed :rolleyes:

MasterLucario
30th July 2007, 3:01 PM
Srry, guys, didn't mean to cause so much tension. The reason I started this thread was because of the episode where Bulbasaur was supposed to evolve, but didn't. That made me furious!

Desert Flower
31st July 2007, 9:52 AM
Srry, guys, didn't mean to cause so much tension. The reason I started this thread was because of the episode where Bulbasaur was supposed to evolve, but didn't. That made me furious!

Why? It didn't want to, so it shouldn't have to. Try not to take these things so seriously.

BladedScizor
31st July 2007, 10:26 AM

That, my friend, would be called character development. The writers have shown one particular quirk in the personality of Ash's Bulbasaur and how it differs from most others: it doesn't want to evolve.

This is the same type of thing as Charmeleon/Charizard's tendency to ignore Ash, Chikorita's affection for Ash, Cyndaquil's inability to start his flame at will, etc. Without these kind of things, the pokemon would be boring and most likely only appear in battle rather than being characters in their own right.

Snorunt conservationist
31st July 2007, 11:47 AM

That's one of the best episodes ever.

CyberCubed
31st July 2007, 4:57 PM
LMAO, Bulbasaur and Squirtle have returned a number of times and are strong the way they are.

The only older Ash Pokemon that should get evo's are Totodile and Cyndaquil.

zeno48
31st July 2007, 6:24 PM
I want to start evolving his pokemon more.....

Well I want him to evolve his pokemon too but not to soon.

MePhiZToPheLeS
31st July 2007, 11:58 PM
well, as far as im concerned (read in wikipedia not really sure if it happened) ash's charizard beat an articuno, so imo thats makes him a really badass trainer.

octoboy
1st August 2007, 6:05 AM

I don't see why. He was the least cutesy of Ash's team in Kanto at the time (not counting charizard, I mainly meant the unevolved pokemon, who you'd have a slight expectance to be cutesy), so he didn't really need to evolve if a less cute team is what you wanted.

Squirtle on the other hand kinda niggled at me. I mean what, is he supposed to have an everstone stuffed down his shell or something? There was never an explaination for him. Yeah, I know you'll all use the squirtle squad, but there was no real evidence in the show for that. And in original Japanese, it was called the squirtle gang, so in the Japanese version, there would be no problem about the name sounding better.

The one which really bugged me was cyndaquil. The episode showed Ash talking to that guy who wanted to evolve magby, he then noticed his shortage of evolved pokemon (most of the evolved pokemon, he didn't evolve) and saw the guy training his quilava. It seemed like a dead on hint to cyndaquil's evolution. It was as if the writers were planning it, then just ditched the idea.

loonatic
1st August 2007, 8:10 AM
I don't see why. He was the least cutesy of Ash's team in Kanto at the time (not counting charizard, I mainly meant the unevolved pokemon, who you'd have a slight expectance to be cutesy), so he didn't really need to evolve if a less cute team is what you wanted.

Squirtle on the other hand kinda niggled at me. I mean what, is he supposed to have an everstone stuffed down his shell or something? There was never an explaination for him. Yeah, I know you'll all use the squirtle squad, but there was no real evidence in the show for that. And in original Japanese, it was called the squirtle gang, so in the Japanese version, there would be no problem about the name sounding better.

The one which really bugged me was cyndaquil. The episode showed Ash talking to that guy who wanted to evolve magby, he then noticed his shortage of evolved pokemon (most of the evolved pokemon, he didn't evolve) and saw the guy training his quilava. It seemed like a dead on hint to cyndaquil's evolution. It was as if the writers were planning it, then just ditched the idea.
well now (hopefully) cyndaquil has the chance to come back during the league or filler saga and evolve.

octoboy
1st August 2007, 10:05 PM
^ well, I guess phanpy did, so why not?

Though that would be a hash of the pokemon coming back from Johto to evolve deal, plus bayleef's already evolved, so why break to only-one-of-Ash's-starters-can-evolve rule?

Remember, when predicting what the anime will do, we have to think of how the writers think. The thoughts of the fandom don't count because they don't make the decisions. So "I think squirtle will come back and evolve into a blastoise because that would be bloody awesome!" isn't really a valid prediction.

master of aggrons
1st August 2007, 10:07 PM
for petes sake i dont care so i in in insulted ash will you get over it

Excalibur
1st August 2007, 10:09 PM
Raichu will never happen. Ever.

master of aggrons
1st August 2007, 10:11 PM
some of them will never happen so i am srry for what i said can people can get over it can you

BTY
2nd August 2007, 11:37 PM
Apiom and Pika' will never evolve, only Staravia and Turtwig.

s1brown
3rd August 2007, 3:54 PM
Charizard
Heracross
Pikachu
Glaile
Muk
Tauros

Cenzo
3rd August 2007, 4:11 PM
Apiom and Pika' will never evolve, only Staravia and Turtwig.

Aipom will evolve, that's why they had him bring ot to Sinnoh.

Mr. Yoshi
3rd August 2007, 4:28 PM
pikachu will never evolve because pikachu is his "best friend". OMG. what level is it now? like 972, maybe?

Cenzo
3rd August 2007, 4:30 PM
pikachu will never evolve because pikachu is his "best friend". OMG. what level is it now? like 972, maybe?

None, for levels don't exist in the anime. Don't bring uo "The School of Hard Knocks" at all, that was early in the show, and they've never mentioned it again. Pikacho won't evolve though I agree, he's happy with who he is.

crawdauntpro
3rd August 2007, 10:23 PM
I think he should have the following team for the Sinnoh League Finals: -

Team of 6: -
Pikachu (He and Ambipom would be a fast and strong Team)
Ambipom (See Pikachu)
Staraptor (Both he and Noctowl could have an Aerial Double Battle)
Grotle (Both he and Bayleef in a Preliminary Double Battle)
Gabite (Double Battle with Lucario)
Lucario (See Gabite)

Reserves: -
Bayleef (See Grotle)
Quilava (Both he and Totodile evolve in another Preliminary Double Battle)
Croconaw (See Quilava)
Noctowl (See Staraptor)
Muk (Double Battle with Kingler)
Kingler (See Muk)

Cenzo
4th August 2007, 1:48 AM
^What of Bulbasaur and Sceptile and Swelllow? Charizard and Squirtle can come back too.

martianman40
4th August 2007, 1:56 AM
seroiusly, ash (unworthy of caps) will NEVER evolve his pokemon due to the fact that he's too sentimental.

Cenzo
4th August 2007, 1:58 AM
^Or the fact that he loves them and isn't cruel and forces them to evolve. Either or.

ReallyOcean
4th August 2007, 2:59 AM
As far as I know, one can't make a pokemon evolve in the anime unless they use a machine or something like that.

None, for levels don't exist in the anime. Don't bring uo "The School of Hard Knocks" at all, that was early in the show, and they've never mentioned it again. Pikacho won't evolve though I agree, he's happy with who he is.
harrison's battle with Ash in the silver conference mentioned levels.

CyberCubed
4th August 2007, 3:46 AM
As far as I know, one can't make a pokemon evolve in the anime unless they use a machine or something like that.

They can let a Pokemon know they want it to evolve.

Geostomp
4th August 2007, 3:33 PM
As said before Anime=/= Games.

Evolution isn't as simple as "make pokemon battle until it gains X experience points and evolves", it's a huge change that happens based on an number of factors.

It's been clearly shown that if a pokemon doesn't want to evolve, they can stop it themselves so even if Ash did try to force it to happen (for non-stone evolvers) he couldn't unless the pokemon wanted to do so. Ash is aware that many of his pokemon are happy the way they are and would to nothing to attempt to force or convince them to evolve before they are ready to do so on thier own. They've also shown that even in tiny form, they can still be a force to be reckoned with.

As for the reason he doesn't carry a team of nothing but titans, one only has to look at that first Casey episode in Johto. Charizard took out her entire team with no effort, it didn't even have to move to beat them. Now unless every trainer he meets has ridiculously strong pokemon or he somehow bumps into nothing but wild titans, every battle would be horribly dull as he'd never have to work for his wins. That's why he's gone for the "start all over again" thing recently. The fact that he manages to train un-evolved pokemon to be so strong is a testimate to his skill as a trainer.

Really, Ash gets far too much hate now.

Cassiel
4th August 2007, 3:38 PM
Pikachu won't be a Raichu but rest of his Sinnoh team are yes.
Turtwing -> Grotle-> Maybe Torterra?
Staravia -> Staraptor
Aipom -> Ambipom

Now we just have to wait Riolu or anything!

Blaziryu
5th August 2007, 5:24 AM
Ash will never let Pikachu evolve since he consider himself as a member of the Pikachu fan club. And besides, Ash doesn't like his Pokemon to evolve because he doesn't want to go through the same sh*t when Charmander evolve into Charmeleon then into Charizard.

Anzua2
5th August 2007, 5:29 AM

You make a good point.

thunderblade12
5th August 2007, 5:52 AM
Treeko and Grovile(same)
Snorunt
Phanpy
Starly
Tailow
Chickorita
Kraby
Pidgey and Pidgeotto
Caterpie and Metapod

Ones that he hasn't
Pikachu(no duh)
Corphish
Larvitar
Bayleef
Tootadile
Cyndaquil
Staravia
Bulbasaur
Squirlte
Turtwig
Aipom
Total11!

when turtwig and aipom inevitably evolve the evolutions will be ahead anyway

Cool Rafe
6th August 2007, 9:11 AM

As a matter of fact, levels do exist in the anime. The prob is they only mention levels of certain Pokemon but it does not seem to be brought in during battles. Harrison did say Ash's Charizard is of a very high level, but yet, his Charizard wasn't able to beat his Blaziken. And if levels do count in the anime, Ash's Pikachu would be invincible/godly till no one could have defeated it.

Cenzo
6th August 2007, 6:57 PM
harrison's battle with Ash in the silver conference mentioned levels.

By number, or did he say that Charizard was at a high level of power?

octoboy
6th August 2007, 7:40 PM
Exactly. "High level" pokemon is just another way of saying a powerful, experienced one.

when turtwig and aipom inevitably evolve the evolutions will be ahead anyway

Who says they'll evolve? Just because a pokemon has a newer evolution doesn't mean it will evolve into it. You need to simply look at May's eevee to understand that.

As for turtwig... I guess Ash does need a decent evolution for his team... Does he use staravia that much? Because if he does battle, then I'm guessing that may satisfy the writers for evolution... However Ash's birds do have a history of balloon popping as their only use... If that's true for Mukku, then I guess turtwig could evolve. I'm doubtin' torterra will happen, because big quadrupeds aren't Ash's thing.

Cenzo
6th August 2007, 7:43 PM
^Torterra had a good chance of happening until a recent japanese episode. Aipom undoubtedly will evolve as what's the point of bringing a past-gen Pokemon to Sinnoh otherwise?

Draknir
6th August 2007, 7:44 PM
Treeko and Grovile(same)
Snorunt
Phanpy
Starly
Tailow
Chickorita
Kraby
Pidgey and Pidgeotto
Caterpie and Metapod

Ones that he hasn't
Pikachu(no duh)
Corphish
Larvitar
Bayleef
Tootadile
Cyndaquil
Staravia
Bulbasaur
Squirlte
Turtwig
Aipom
Total11!

Ash never had a Pidgey. He caught Pidgeot as a Pidgeotto

ijea4444
6th August 2007, 7:44 PM
Ash doesn't evolve his Pokemon because he's a pussy.

sadly its a little true

Cenzo
6th August 2007, 7:56 PM
sadly its a little true

How so? he doesn't evolve them because they don't want to evolve. Plain and simple. God, Ash-Bashing has reached an all-time high on these forums.

ijea4444
6th August 2007, 7:58 PM
Exactly. "High level" pokemon is just another way of saying a powerful, experienced one.

Who says they'll evolve? Just because a pokemon has a newer evolution doesn't mean it will evolve into it. You need to simply look at May's eevee to understand that.

As for turtwig... I guess Ash does need a decent evolution for his team... Does he use staravia that much? Because if he does battle, then I'm guessing that may satisfy the writers for evolution... However Ash's birds do have a history of balloon popping as their only use... If that's true for Mukku, then I guess turtwig could evolve. I'm doubtin' torterra will happen, because big quadrupeds aren't Ash's thing.
they only gave may an eevee cuz the wirters thought they might put her ionto sinnoh to EVOLVE IT. but then they decided to allow dawn to come. and still its really porbable that shell some backwith leafeon(cuz by the time they already passed the moss rock)

octoboy
6th August 2007, 11:38 PM
^Torterra had a good chance of happening until a recent japanese episode. Aipom undoubtedly will evolve as what's the point of bringing a past-gen Pokemon to Sinnoh otherwise?
Hello? Eevee?

And eevee didn't even make it to Sinnoh so ijea's theory doesn't count. And May is not coming back. That's wishful thinking, not a true theory. May was used simply used to advertise the 3rd generation. Now with Dawn advertising the new generation and doing basically the same thing May did, there's no room for her in the gang. Seriously, there's a greater chance of Misty returning.

Yeah, this isn't about May, but I'm just saying that a pokemon doesn't nesseccarily have to evolve into a new evolution.

Not to say that aipom won't evolve, I'm just countering everyone who is saying aipom WILL evolve.

Cenzo
6th August 2007, 11:50 PM
^Actually, if they are remaking G/S, May will show back up, probably with an Espeon.

octoboy
7th August 2007, 5:15 AM
Where did you get that impression. That's what lots of people want, but that doesn't nessecarily mean that's what they're getting. All the pokemon from Johto have means of being obtained anyway, so a remake of the game itself would only be for nostalgic reasons.

Super_Will
7th August 2007, 6:58 AM
he likes his pokemon the way they are, and well i dont blame them, hes basicaly saying he respect the fact that they choose not to evolve and hes not going to force them to evolve

Geostomp
7th August 2007, 3:54 PM
I doubt Torterra will happen simply because it'd be too hard to make an interesting long battle with it.

I mean, look at it. It's so huge that it can barely move. All it can really do is stand in one area and launch attacks.

That alone would make it's battles very hard to make visually appealing. It's probably the same with a lot of other evolutions, especially Venusaur's. Fire starters and Sceptile are exceptions because, while fully evolved, they are still quite mobile.

Would you rather see a battle between a small pokemon where a lot of impressive dodging and maneuvering, or one huge pokemon shooting attacks at an opponent.

octoboy
7th August 2007, 11:32 PM
Exactly. Though none of the Johto starters are big and slow when fully evolved and Ash never evolved them. Typhlosion isn't that immobile and feraligatr, while less adept on land can apparently run fast on all fours (I know that's from the game, but they could have adapted that). Meganium is a large, four-footed pokemon, but its physique is pretty much the same as bayleef's, which Ash had.

My theory is that the writers were going to evolve bayleef and maybe cyndaquil, but drew it out/kept putting it off, then R/S was released and they had to dump them.

Also, after seeing The Odd Pokemon Out, it appears the writers see meganium as feminine, maybe too much so for Ash. Also, it's always been depicted as more of a healer than a fighter, not the type for Ash's team (wait, did Casey's meganium ever fight? I didn't see the whole Johto league, so I don't remember if Casey used meganium in battle).

MasterLucario
8th August 2007, 12:58 AM
Ash never had a Pidgey. He caught Pidgeot as a Pidgeotto

He did? I could have sworn...

chorusco
8th August 2007, 11:03 AM
Maybe He Wants To Prove You Dont Need To Evolve All Your Pokemon To Be A Good Trainer