PDA

View Full Version : Ash and Legendaries.

MasterLucario
27th July 2007, 2:13 PM
I do lots of Ash threads, but this one makes me the angriest. In all the movies(and some episodes) there are a bunch of Legendaries. Ash wants to the greatest trainer and fill his pokedex, so why not catch them?He doesn't, he helps them! Here are the legendaries in each movie and tell me what you think about it.
1st: Mewtow and Mew; there were times when both of them were in pain. Ash could have caught them then.
2nd: All legendary brids except Ho-oh(he was in the first episode) They were all unconsiocous, so wy didn't ash catch them?
3rd: Entei: Well Entei was a person in this movie, so Ash couldn't catch him.
4th:Suicune and Celbi; 2 extremely rare pokemon and Ash blew his chances!
5th:Latios and Latias: Uncounsicus multiple times, so why not catch them?
6th: Jirachi: No comment...
7th: Deoxys and Rayquaza: Once in a life time chance ash, wake up!
8th:Mew and Lucario(I know he's not legendary) If ash didn't catch mew in first, why not catch him now?
9th: Manphy and Kyorge: Once again, so rare, so no comment?

Share your opinions

Prio
27th July 2007, 2:16 PM
Someone tried to catch Mewtwo in "Mewtwo strikes back", and failed.

Jonouchi
27th July 2007, 2:20 PM
And set the world off balance?

I don't think so.

Venusaur Master
27th July 2007, 2:20 PM
In the anime legendary pokemon are like gods impossible to capture

ShadowDragon16
27th July 2007, 2:29 PM
Well, someone said Legendaries have power beyond any normal non-legendary Pokemon. But they have proven nothing happenes when a Legendary is captured, like when Aqua captured Groudon and Kyogre, the world didn't turn into choas. I don't know, maybe they just don't want Ash to have legendaries.

Kyu
27th July 2007, 4:05 PM
Apparently his priorities lay with helping Pokémon as opposed to catching them. I rather preferred the storylines when he helped them, anyway.

Also, just for a moment taking into account that perhaps there was more emotion and atmosphere in his world than there is when you're sitting and playing Pokémon, perhaps he felt it wasn't right to take advantage of their status conditions and capture them straight away.

Ash seems to be the type who chooses befriending over just plain capture.
If he thinks it's better to let the Pokémon run free -- like when he let his Butterfree go, and when he said goodbye to Charizard, -- then he will. I think that makes him a better Trainer than if he just ran around saying "LOLZ MEIN!" and throwing PokéBalls at every wounded wild Legendary/Rare Pokémon he saw.

Rex Kamex
27th July 2007, 4:37 PM
Ash can't capture (or evolve, or release) any Pokemon in the movies.

S.Suikun
27th July 2007, 4:41 PM
Is it me, or is this forum more retarded than usual this morning? I rip this straight from the Anime FAQs at the top of the friggin' page:

"ASH IS AN IDIOT! HE DIDN'T CATCH ANY LEGENDARY POKEMON!"
Oh sure, have him breeze through Hoenn even faster than if he kept his Johto Pokémon with him. Legendary Pokémon are NOT meant to be captured or else things will be thrown out of balance or they're simply too powerful to be caught. The first three Legendary Birds for example. If one's caught, the others will try to take over the other's territory and fight over it. Entei, Raikou and Suicune were created by Ho-Oh to watch over the Pokémon of the Johto region while it soars over the Kanto region. If something were to happen to them, they wouldn't be able to protect the Pokémon they watch over. Celebi is the protector of time and the forest, it can have harmful effects if captured. Latios' power was abused when it was being used. Causing mayhem and being uncontrolable. Groudon and Kyogre are simply NOT supposed to wake up. If they do, the world will literally be destroyed from Groudon causing earthquakes and volcanoes rising and causing an eternal heat wave while Kyogre would flood the planet and cause typhoons and tsunamis. Needless to say, their power is destructive if used improperly and they're far too powerful.

MasterLucario
27th July 2007, 4:59 PM
Well it's our opinions and you can't change it!

Desert Flower
28th July 2007, 12:24 AM
If you'd quit whining and think about it a moment, you wouldn't have to ask. Being a great trainer does not mean being a powerful trainer, it means putting the needs of the pokemon over your own. Throwing a pokeball at an unconscious pokemon's head is not the answer to everything. The games are not the same as the anime.

canyoubeatme111
28th July 2007, 12:34 AM
im with him(aka FRIEND(TO ME) SERPRIZED I FOUND HIM)
they were like imopossible like in the 9th movie kyorger destrowed the ship
with eas

what do u think
a regular charzard can do that
heck no
he maybe be the crap out of magmar in kanto
but that was it
and he also lost in the 3RD movie to entei
i mean like he almost got killed

MasterLucario
28th July 2007, 12:46 AM
They should be*sigh*

Desert Flower
28th July 2007, 12:48 AM
Hun, you gotta have some kind of morals when you're dealing with something that isn't a piece of data. I, for example, love Lucario. It's special to me for reasons other than "it's strong" or "it's so cool". But if I happened to show up in the middle of the movie, I would not attempt to capture it, despite the absence of its "master". It just would not be right.

For someone who seems to like Lucario as well, you should know what trying to capture it would do.

Rex Kamex
28th July 2007, 6:04 PM
To be very specific...

Ash wants to the greatest trainer and fill his pokedex, so why not catch them?

The "Gotta Catch em All" thing is an American slogan, so catching them all doesn't necessarilly mean Ash would be the greatest Trainer.

1st: Mewtow and Mew; there were times when both of them were in pain. Ash could have caught them then.

Mewtwo wouldn't listen to Ash. He didn't even listen to Giovanni.

And I doubt either of the Pokemon were weak enough to move PokeBalls away with their mind. Like Prio said, someone tried to catch Mewtwo and failed.

2nd: All legendary brids except Ho-oh(he was in the first episode) They were all unconsiocous, so wy didn't ash catch them?

Ash can't scold what's-the-antagonist's-name for collecting Pokemon and then catch them for himself. That wouldn't be much better.

I highly doubt Lugia was willing to go along with Ash on a journey, leaving the other three legendary birds prone to being awaken by some other collector or something. (The other three birds would just blow up the PokeBalls anyway. In fact, they all would.)

3rd: Entei: Well Entei was a person in this movie, so Ash couldn't catch him.

And like canyoubeatme111 said, Ash was losing to him anyway.

4th:Suicune and Celbi; 2 extremely rare pokemon and Ash blew his chances!

Wasn't Celebi required for Sammy to go back in time? Perhaps if Ash wanted a legendary, he would've caught all the multiple Celebi's that revived the first one, but it might've taken all of them to revive the Celebi anyway.

And Ash didn't really have a special interest in Suicune.

5th:Latios and Latias: Uncounsicus multiple times, so why not catch them?

I know someone would get mad at Ash for catching him.

6th: Jirachi: No comment...

Well, Max would like it, but I bet Jirachi would only spend time with him and not Ash, so catching it wouldn't do Ash much good.

7th: Deoxys and Rayquaza: Once in a life time chance ash, wake up!

If Ash caught one Deoxys, the other would be mad, and so he'd have to take the extra effort to catch two.

8th:Mew and Lucario(I know he's not legendary) If ash didn't catch mew in first, why not catch him now?

All he wanted was his Pikachu back...

9th: Manphy and Kyorge: Once again, so rare, so no comment?

May would kill Ash if he caught Manaphy. And I just doubt Kyogre would let him catch it.

zeno48
28th July 2007, 6:12 PM
Is it me, or is this forum more retarded than usual this morning? I rip this straight from the Anime FAQs at the top of the friggin' page:

lol no it's just you.

R3b3lSarge
28th July 2007, 10:17 PM
wouldnt it ruin the story if ash caught a legendary? and why would such a thing anger you? besides, in the anime, your pokedex is already filled up, its just used for ID and reference

Blaziryu
28th July 2007, 10:24 PM
And set the world off balance?

I don't think so.

No, there's a few legendaries that has nothing to do with the Earth's balance of nature. Here are a few .

1) Mewtwo

2) Mew (movie 1)

3) Articuno from episodes 189-191.

4) Zapdos from the end of movie 9 that Jackie was riding on.

5) Moltres from that episode when Richie helps Silver to catch it.

6) Regice, Registeel & Regirock that Brandon use against Ash.

7) Latios & Latias from movie 5

8) Jiraiya from movie 6

9) Rayquaza & Deoxys from movie 7

10) Manphany from movie 9

Ash should've capture these legendaries, but he didn't because he's wack.

Desert Flower
29th July 2007, 5:40 AM
8) Jiraiya from movie 6
Do you remember where the energy Jirachi absorbs goes? Yeah. That place would've died without it.

Ash should've capture these legendaries, but he didn't because he's wack.

No, he didn't because he has morals.

abgar
29th July 2007, 5:55 AM
in the anime the legendary pokemon are needed for the world and are uncatchable using any method ash knows , in the games they are just rare pokemon

thunderblade12
29th July 2007, 6:23 AM
mewtwo: "i'll kill you if you throw a pokeball at me!!"

mew in first movie: catching this would mean the end of the pokemon anime. if he caught it who would have protected everyone from mewtwo? the series would be over ash, misty, brock, jessie, james, meowth, pikachu, dawn, may, max and everyone in the entire pokemon world would be dead.

moltres, articuno and zapdos: would you think about catching 3 crazy birds trying to kill you?

lugia: needed for protection from the 3 legendary birds

entie: uncatchable

celebe: it was caught already, it went crazy, and then disappered

suicune: protection from demonic, psycho celebe

latias: protector of altamare

latios(living): protector of altamare

latios(dead): i guess he can catch a gastly that is now the ghost of that latios?

jarachi: if anyone did it would be max

groudon: "go unfair, 40-foot tall godzilla looking monster with DBZ "people-absorbing" power

deoxys: again..it was causing major problems, ash had to stop it not catch it. either way he made hundreds of clones, how would ash find the real one?

rayquaza: no

lucario: dead

mew: mew constantly saves ash life simply by not being caught by him. if ash had caught this mew the tree would have died along with everyone in it(wild pokemon, ash, may, max, brock, jessie, james, lucario, kid)

the regis: do you bother catching things that are trying to kill you cas they think you mean a tree harm?

manaphy: may wouldnt like that

kyorgre: barely in the movie

DestinyHasCome
29th July 2007, 11:20 AM
^ Those are the worst reasons i have ever seen. You obviously have never watched an episode of the pokemon anime?

Kyogre was based in a few team Aqua and Magma episodes, where Lance (I doubt you know who he is) had to stop the beasts.

RedJirachi
30th July 2007, 1:06 AM
At the movie point Ash is more consirned about helping them so he can't catch them right now.Plus perhaps only skilled trainers can capture legendary pokemon and control them.Maybe if he trained harder he might have a chance.After all,Brandon caught the Regis

Mewtwo isn't legendary.Though extremley powerful,he is a clone of Mew and not described in legends
Unown is a legendary.It comes from another universe,has amazing powers and is connected to writing
Deoxys isn't legendary.It is merely a strong Pokemon from another world

MasterLucario
30th July 2007, 2:07 PM
Hun, you gotta have some kind of morals when you're dealing with something that isn't a piece of data. I, for example, love Lucario. It's special to me for reasons other than "it's strong" or "it's so cool". But if I happened to show up in the middle of the movie, I would not attempt to capture it, despite the absence of its "master". It just would not be right.

For someone who seems to like Lucario as well, you should know what trying to capture it would do.

Ur right, and I do love Lucario

Desert Flower
31st July 2007, 8:46 AM
Just think about each situation for a moment. Just like in the case with Lucario, attempting to catch those legendary pokemon would, in most if not all cases, make the situation so much worse. And even if by some miracle he did manage to catch one, he probably wouldn't be able to control it. Even Mew has too much of a free spirit to listen to a trainer.

Anaya
1st August 2007, 9:08 AM
Unless you're Pyramid King Brandon (My rank :p) then I don't think you should try to catch legendaries.

MidnightTheMightyena
1st August 2007, 6:53 PM
My cousin always complained about this, she was always like "What?! He just let lugia go, I would have tried to catch it!" I would just sit there and laugh. ;262;

Rex Kamex
2nd August 2007, 1:54 AM
[/5) Moltres from that episode when Richie helps Silver to catch it.

Ash wasn't there. He couldn't catch it even if he wanted to.

6) Regice, Registeel & Regirock that Brandon use against Ash.

They're Brandon's. (Or at least, his partners or whatever.)

spongeaud
2nd August 2007, 1:29 PM
I think that in order for him to fill his pokedex it dosent mean you have to catch them all but see them all. Fillin the dex with information the the pokemon u you dont have to nessciarly(sp) catch them.

Kwheeler
3rd August 2007, 7:13 PM
Because catching legendaries in the anime is wrong, and potentially to the trainer and to the planet itself. Look what happened in the Lugia movie when someone caught just one of the legendary birds.

And its not like Ash needs the legendary pokemon to be good, he's got teh h4x Corphish.

Kametsou
3rd August 2007, 8:09 PM
Because Ash is a n00b! That's why!

Blaziryu
5th August 2007, 4:18 AM
Like I said before, not all legendaries have to do with the balance of nature. For example, the Articuno that Noland had didn't effect the balance of nature at all. If Brandon can catch legendaries (the 3 Regis), then why not Ash. Once Noland release Articuno, Ash should've caught it right on the spot.

Desert Flower
6th August 2007, 7:55 AM
^Articuno does not belong to Noland, they're just friends. Not a good example.

Balance of nature or not, it's just a fact in the anime that catching any legendaries, aside from the Regis for some reason, is not a moral thing to attempt. It's a way of teaching us that power is not everything, and unique creatures like them should be allowed to roam free. The environment just wouldn't be the same without them.

Drkecho
6th August 2007, 7:58 AM
In the Pokemon anime catching a legendary unsets the natural balance.

Geostomp
7th August 2007, 4:02 PM
Catching Legendaries in the movies is forbidden for one reason above all others:

The Movies are NON-cannon

As much as I would like them to be canon, they aren't. Therefore, nobody can do anything that would cause permanent changes in the anime.

As for actual in-universe reasons:

1) Legendaries are more often than not part of nature. Bad things happen when they are removed completely from where they belong.

2) Legendaries are revered for their mythical status. Would you think of trapping a mythical creature in our world or would you prefer it to be free?

3) Legendaries have immense power. The ones in movies can easily cause cataclysms when they are mis-used. Not even the most noble or skilled trainers could hope to fully control them.

4) Usually, they are more focused on either saving or merely stopping Legendaries or themselves to try to catch them.

5) The same reason Ash doesn't keep a team of fully-evolved pokemon on hand all the time, it'd make things too easy for him. He'd never have to work for a win since he could just let out the Legend to beat who he's battling.

chorusco
8th August 2007, 10:33 AM
He Cant Catch Or Evolve Anything In Movies. That Would Ruin The Anime For Some People Who Havent Seen The Movies..

Xashlei
8th August 2007, 11:11 AM
It would ruin the whole Pokemon experience IMO...

Crasher
8th August 2007, 11:27 AM
Ash has also seen Celebii in the Anime, why not catch then???