PDA

View Full Version : The Life on Mars Club

Pottsie
1st August 2007, 12:27 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Life on Mars Club
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello and welcome to the club, dedicated to the time travel detective series, Life on Mars, which originated on BBC 1 and was on from 2006 to 2007. Here is where fans of the show can discuss anything about the show and about future spinoffs (Ashes to Ashes).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. No Spam. Serebii.Net doesn't tolerate Spam and nor does this Club.

2. No Flaming. This includes swearing. Don't do it.

3. Have a good time. Take part in discussions in this Club. Anybody can make a topic.

4. If anybody Spams, Flames or anything else bad, either myself or the Co-Owners will give you a warning and if you continue, we will ban you from this club.

5. When joining, please don't post Can I Join. State why.

Owner

Pottsie (http://www.serebiiforums.com/member.php?u=43777)

Co-Owners

elyvorg (http://www.serebiiforums.com/member.php?u=61258)

Members

~.:Northern Lights:.~ (http://www.serebiiforums.com/member.php?u=63310)

Banners

If you use anyone's banners, please credit them. Below are the banners.

Pottsie
5th August 2007, 7:09 AM
Does anyone want to join?

elyvorg
5th August 2007, 10:47 PM
I'll join. Life on Mars was one of my favourite TV programmes, second only to Doctor Who. I watched the whole of series 2, but unfortunately my parents wouldn't let me stay up to watch a whole episode in 2006 so my series 1 knowledge is a bit patchy. Still, it's a good programme, and I'm looking forward to Ashes to Ashes, is it coming in early 2008?

Pottsie
5th August 2007, 11:18 PM
Still, it's a good programme, and I'm looking forward to Ashes to Ashes, is it coming in early 2008?

Yes it is. Without looking on Wikipedia, Keeley Hawkes will be playing Alex Drake, who gets taken back to 1981 and meets Gene Hunt, Chris Skelton and Ray Carling in London. Also, Sam Tyler isn't going to be in the show and Annie Cartwright might not be in it, but Alex does know Sam.

Also, elyvorg, would you like to be a co-owner?

elyvorg
6th August 2007, 12:40 PM
Yes it is. Without looking on Wikipedia, Keeley Hawkes will be playing Alex Drake, who gets taken back to 1981 and meets Gene Hunt, Chris Skelton and Ray Carling in London. Also, Sam Tyler isn't going to be in the show and Annie Cartwright might not be in it, but Alex does know Sam.

Hmm. Seems like a Life on Mars, but in the 80s and with a new Sam Tyler-ish character. I was expecting something with complete focus on Gene, but that sounds good too. Hopefully Alex's reason to be in 1973 won't be the same as Sam's (otherwise everyone would guess and that'd be boring) and it'll explain some of Sam's experiences which weren't explained by the fact that he was mad (such as how he knew exactly what 2006 would be like).

I wouldn't mind being co-owner, but I hope this club actually gets off the ground and gets some more members.

Northern Lights
10th August 2007, 11:27 AM
hi can i join i have both Series one and Two DVD box set of life on Mars

i love it

why did it have to end?!

elyvorg
10th August 2007, 4:01 PM
Yaaaaay another member. *dance* I'd seriously given this club up for dead. So, welcome. (I assume that as co-owner I can officially accept new members into the club?)

why did it have to end?!

If it didn't, we'd still be wondering what Sam's doing in 1973. And at least it hasn't completely ended, spinoffs ftw.

Pottsie
11th August 2007, 4:22 PM
Of course you can join ~.:Northern Lights:.~ Like you I have both series as Boxsets too.