PDA

View Full Version : what was the gs ball

squid_breath
3rd August 2007, 10:06 PM
i have been wondering that for a while now?

Pors
3rd August 2007, 11:55 PM
As far as I can remember, the GS ball was a special pokeball (it was gold and white and it wouldn't open) that Ash transported from professor Ivy in the orange islands, to prof. Oak to Kurt, the pokeball dude in Johto...

To summarize, the GS ball was a story that the writers abandoned after Ash delivered it to Kurt. I don't think it was ever mentioned again.

Rex Kamex
4th August 2007, 2:11 AM
IMO, the revelation of the GS Ball's only hope is if there is indeed a Gold/Silver remake (I hope there is, but there's no guarantee) and then the writers decide to have Kurt reveal what's inside. This is because they'd probably have Ash return to Johto and pass by Azalea Town. Of course, by then, only a few people would care (I would, anyway), but still...

Power of Fire
4th August 2007, 2:16 AM
the gs ball was a special mysterious type of pokeball prof.oak found and told ash to give it to prof.ivy then she couldn't figure out what it was so she told ash to go to kurt in azalea twn, then ash gave the gs ball to kurt and was never seen again

Anzua2
4th August 2007, 2:20 AM
The GS ball was a random plot device. The End.

Venusaur Master
4th August 2007, 10:03 AM
it was just a way to get ash to johto

Deoxys911
4th August 2007, 10:12 AM
The best part of the Johto episodes, as well as the second best part of Crystal in Japan.

Power of Fire
4th August 2007, 10:16 AM
are you on-topic deoxys911????

Sir Devious
4th August 2007, 10:56 AM
It was a pain in the butt Pokeall that wouldnt open. No one knew what it did or if anything was inside. Ash ran awround to Prof. to Prof trying to get it open; he never did. -_- It was never talked about again.

Kenpachi
4th August 2007, 1:57 PM
I think th GS Ball is some kind of Super Better than a Master Ball Ball. It will only open in the face of Ho-oh and you can use it to catch it. Thats just what I think.
Cause even if they had Master Balls in the anime (which I have never seen, I don't think they would work on the God-Like Legandary Pokemon.)

Rex Kamex
4th August 2007, 4:37 PM
I think th GS Ball is some kind of Super Better than a Master Ball Ball. It will only open in the face of Ho-oh and you can use it to catch it. Thats just what I think.
Cause even if they had Master Balls in the anime (which I have never seen, I don't think they would work on the God-Like Legandary Pokemon.)

There was that one from the Whiscash episode of AG. (Of course, it got eaten by the Whiscash. And then later something similar happened with May's Munchlax, and yet the Munchlax got caught... by a PokeBall. But that's another story.)

parukia49
5th August 2007, 5:19 AM
it was i suppose a sub-plot, a side-quest if u like. If a g/s remake is made (and is likely to), they may be a return of the gs ball in the anime. Remember fr/lg? They kinda incorporated that by making ash go to kanto again - for the battle frontier though...

Phantom_Bugsy
5th August 2007, 5:22 AM
How has this thread lasted this long....?

I don't think the writers even intended to explain it. They probably thought if they ditched it somewhere and never spoke of it again, we'd forget about it.

Rex Kamex
5th August 2007, 10:10 PM
I don't think the writers even intended to explain it. They probably thought if they ditched it somewhere and never spoke of it again, we'd forget about it.

Just like the Porygon episode. XD

(Hey, it's not in the Japanese episode guide.)

Mythic Mist
6th August 2007, 7:31 AM
The GS Ball was a plot device to get the gang to Johto. Simple

Prio
6th August 2007, 7:36 AM
It's secret was discovered and they made more off them and are now being used at Pal Park along Route 221.

Deoxys911
6th August 2007, 7:40 AM
are you on-topic deoxys911????

That was my opinion, not fact.

It's secret was discovered and they made more off them and are now being used at Pal Park along Route 221.

So that's where those came from.:D

Anaya
7th August 2007, 6:17 AM
it was just a way to get ash to johto

That's exactly it. ;).

Vampire Slayer
7th August 2007, 6:21 AM
It is used to get Celebi in the 2nd Generation Games.

Anaya
7th August 2007, 6:33 AM
It is used to get Celebi in the 2nd Generation Games.

We're talking about the animation, not the games.

martianman40
7th August 2007, 7:27 AM
A plot hole, nothing more.

Charlord
7th August 2007, 9:57 PM
i have no idea, i think it had something to do with quagsire (every time i think of it quagsire pops up in my mind) , maybe it was supposed to catch ho-oh and lugia because G/S, Gold/Silver

Vampire Slayer
8th August 2007, 12:17 AM
Sorry. My bad. Well I think it might come up after Ash leaves the Sinnoh region.

CyberCubed
8th August 2007, 12:21 AM
Its been ignored for 350 episodes, give it up. Forget it and move on.

chorusco
8th August 2007, 9:59 AM
The GS Ball Was Advertising Gold And Silver Games
Theres Gonna Be A DP Ball :D

thunderblade12
9th August 2007, 7:54 AM
it was GS ball...as in gold silver ball...not the DP ball. even if they had ash go back to johto to beat the elite 4 or new frontier brains and dawn to enter johto contests as a filler arc(which is very possible) there will be no mention of the GS ball.

RedJirachi
12th August 2007, 3:54 AM
It could hold a Celebi

Charlord
12th August 2007, 12:52 PM
The GS Ball Was Advertising Gold And Silver Games
Theres Gonna Be A DP Ball :D

in which case why wasn't there a r/s ball, or a r/b ball

mallubear07
12th August 2007, 3:35 PM
it was nothing important

lugiatamer493
12th August 2007, 3:47 PM
It could hold a Celebi

i fink it holds celebi cos im sure in the game there wos a stump in this forest where u put the ball and celebi appears. u probably need 2 cheat 4 that 2 happen though