PDA

View Full Version : The New Competitive Battling Club

-Discord-
4th August 2007, 10:35 PM
Yeah, after the death of the old CB Club so long ago, I decided to restart this, considering that it's a new generation and all. In this club, we'll discuss Competitive Battling. Althought, there obviously will be room for light miscellaneous discussion. There will obviously be room for debates involving competitive pokemon battling.

The Rules that you will follow:
-------------------------------------
1) General SPPF forum rules (all of them)
2) General Clubs forum rules
3) No straying off-topic
4) No flaming, trolling, or spamming
5) No Double-Triple-Quad-Etc. posting
6) No one-liners please.
7) Have fun.

Instructions for Joining:
----------------------
1) Request if you can join and a reason why.
2) Provide your Shoddy Battle Nickname / WiFi Friend Code (DP, not PBR)
3) PM me a team that you've made
4) If I pm you back and say that it's bad, don't protest, don't argue, and don't post in the club.
5) You have to provide a nickname that you want everyone else to address you as.
6) Tell me what pokemon you want next to your name. Owner / Co-owners can change their choice of pokemon at any time, and can also have a legendary pokemon next to their name.
7) Have fun.

Members
--------
Owner - Watertrainer411 ;380;
Nickname: Please call me Discord, Discord+, DC, DC+, or just Nick.
Shoddy Battle Nickname: Discord+ (Ubers is Discord[Uber] and Challenge Cup is Discord[CC]
WiFi Friend Code: 5154 9582 8243 (I'm not wifi compatible so don't ask)

Co-Owners (Only taking Three)
-----------
Shiny Crobat ;350;
Shoddy Battle Nickname: SC

Raito Light ;181;
Used Names: Raito Light, Raito, RL, BUT JUST NOT RATIO =]

Members
---------

Also, meet the Club Mascot, the physical attacker who's been overhyped from the beginning of 4th gen,(more overhyped than anything, but still is OU) and still is incredibly awesome.
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/2255/gabliasgy1.png

Alright, well have fun then.

Shiny Crobat
6th August 2007, 9:42 PM
Oh, my Fc 1246 5223 7503
Sc on shoddy battle, can I be a co owner? I would like milotic next to my name, can I change this poke if I want to?

-Discord-
6th August 2007, 9:51 PM
As stated in the rules, yes you may.

Hey SC, yeah, you can be a co-owner.

Discussion Topic
----------------
Discuss Milotic (because it just randomly popped up)

I'll reply with my thought later.

Dimentio
6th August 2007, 10:37 PM
Cool, I'll join. I've been in Competetive battling for a while, since late into the life of Netbattle really. But now that D/P has Wi-Fi, I've gotten seriously into it. Do I qualify for being co-owner? If so, I'd love to be one, could I have an Armaldo beside my name?

Shoddy name: Aqua, and you'll either see me online as Aqua or Aquatrix. Friend Code is: 0902 9267 4969. I'll PM you my team as of late in a second.

-Discord-
6th August 2007, 10:43 PM
Alright, I'll edit this post detailing whether you have been accepted or not. If so, you will be a co-owner.

Shiny Crobat
6th August 2007, 10:48 PM
Ah, so you changed yours to garchomp. hehe, wrong sprite

-Discord-
6th August 2007, 10:51 PM
Yeah, I thought it was 444 =/

Anyway.

Discuss Milotic.
--------------
Wow, Milotic. This thing just changed. In 3rd gen it was THE best bulky water in the game. It never needed sdef investment either. It was amazing. Now, so many physical attackers absolutely rape it even with 252 HP / 252 Def. This gen, it's a special wall now easily. Taking only 40% from CSLucario AuraSphere and being 3HKO'd by DracoMet before setting up a Light Screen is just wow. Magtrio(Fighting_Master) told me while battling me that this+Cress walls most things special pretty much. I'm raising a Calm One soon actually.

Shiny Crobat
6th August 2007, 10:55 PM
I think I'll stick to bold with light screen or hypnosis. Too bad you don't have wifi, why do you raise a calm one if you don't have wifi 0.o

And it can sp wall beter than blis IMO, it does't have a ****ing annoying typing. And it has far better sp atack. Also has mirror coat / hypnosis.

-Discord-
6th August 2007, 10:58 PM
Nothing walls better than Bliss tbh, although I dislike Bliss, 255/135 is like woah. Normal isn't a bad typing. Besides the Fight weak lol.

Because, eventually I WILL have wifi and I'm so bored in pearl anyway -__-

Also, you may be disppointed taking 80% from draco mets, over 55% from dragon claws, quakes, crunches, etc.

Shiny Crobat
6th August 2007, 11:07 PM
Nothing walls better than Bliss tbh, although I dislike Bliss, 255/135 is like woah. Normal isn't a bad typing. Besides the Fight weak lol.

Also, you may be disppointed taking 80% from draco mets, over 55% from dragon claws, quakes, crunches, etc. Blissey isn't a wall, it's a friggin annoyer. Milotic stays a great mixed wall IMO

Shiny Crobat
6th August 2007, 11:08 PM

Also, you may be disppointed taking 80% from draco mets, over 55% from dragon claws, quakes, crunches, etc. Blissey isn't a wall, it's a friggin annoyer. Milotic stays a great mixed wall IMO

Raito
7th August 2007, 4:11 AM
Discord, I already know you'll let me join so I won't even follow the process. :]]

I use this name for pretty much everything.

Raito Light, RL, Raito [not Ratio] work.

Co-Owner please.

Ampharos is cool.

On topic. I like Milotic, and how it was so close to being BL, but then people realized it's awesome SDef stat. I wouldn't mind seeing how a RestTalk 212 HP / 252 SDef / 44 Def set would work this gen.

Shiny Crobat
7th August 2007, 2:37 PM
Hey Ratio xD
I don't think sleep talk would reallt work, it already has recover as a great recovery move and it would hinder moves like hypnosis since you aleady wasted two slot for resttalk

Raito
8th August 2007, 2:10 AM
Meh. The point of the set was to get the boost and still be able to special wall things, while still walling things that go mixed like Lucario or Chain Chomp.

Shiny Crobat
8th August 2007, 1:04 PM
Yes, the def boost is great, I just don't like it missing mirror coat or however it's called and Hypnosis, Hypnosis is great support and the other one suprises the opponent. But yes, sleep talk allows you to put more EV's in sp def/ sp atk.

-Discord-
8th August 2007, 2:59 PM
Discord, I already know you'll let me join so I won't even follow the process. :]]

Yeah, okay. I do know you so, yeah.. =]

I use this name for pretty much everything.

Raito Light, RL, Raito [not Ratio] work.

Co-Owner please.

Ampharos is cool.

On topic. I like Milotic, and how it was so close to being BL, but then people realized it's awesome SDef stat. I wouldn't mind seeing how a RestTalk 212 HP / 252 SDef / 44 Def set would work this gen.

That's the set mag uses with maybe slightly different ev's. It takes special hits like a beast. CS Modest Luke only hits for 40%, and Milo 2HKO's with Surf.

10chrlimit.

Shiny Crobat
8th August 2007, 3:12 PM
I, personally, would put some EV's in sp atk, it has a decent sp atk stat and with STAB surf it can do some damage. It has hypnosis, that's why I prefer recover over resttalk.

-Discord-
8th August 2007, 3:24 PM
It really depends on the team. If you have no status takes, RTMilo is very obviously the better choice. If not, and you just need something to take hit, use RecoverLSMilo, or Recover LS-less Milo.

Like I said, it depends on what you need.

Shiny Crobat
8th August 2007, 3:34 PM
Exactly, but why do you prefer light screen over hypnosis? I think hypnosis is great on a tank, it can help set-up or kill it's or your teams counters. And yes, the resttalk can take statusses great, it also gets the great def boost. Ussually I like using hera or bliss for taking statusses.

-Discord-
8th August 2007, 7:19 PM
Well if you're using Hera/Bliss, you should have said so earlier. You should just settle with Recover.

Also, Screens are actually some of my favorite moves because of how useful they are and with Milo, it has the ability to set up a LS and make any special attacker **it their pants a bit, minus Kou/Dos/etc.

Shiny Crobat
8th August 2007, 7:25 PM
Well if you're using Hera/Bliss, you should have said so earlier. You should just settle with Recover.

Also, Screens are actually some of my favorite moves because of how useful they are and with Milo, it has the ability to set up a LS and make any special attacker **it their pants a bit, minus Kou/Dos/etc.

I never said I used em, I just said I like using them for taking status.