PDA

View Full Version : The Rest of the Ketchum Clan

Kenpachi
7th August 2007, 10:55 PM
Hello, I could not find anything like this anywhere else so I made this. (Don't get mad if something like this exists.)
I always wonder about Ash's father and if he has any brothers or sisters. I don't EVER remember anyone giving an explanation to why Ash’s dad isn’t ever seen. They never said he was dead, lost, in the army, or doing time. I think that Ash has an older brother who wants the same thing. The writers have done stranger, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they gave Ash an older brother.
I think of Ash’s brother as the “perfect” trainer, and the closest thing to a true Pokémon master. He’d be 19 and is perfect in ever way but has maybe lost the desire to be a Pokémon Master. He pops in after Ash losses an important battle, completely destroys him but teaches him something in the way. He could also help take out organizations and defend Legendary Pokémon from threats.
Lots of anime have that perfect person who is 10x better than the main character but does’nt get involved in stuff for their own reasons.
I see Ash's dad as a the boss of the anime, the absolute final opponent that Ash must beat for the series to end. ( If it ever does.) He would be something like a nicer and older version of paul but still kinda disrespectful to his Pokémon. He has Legendaries on his team and is somewhat famous for placing 1st in every league in every region.
Basically, he is the ultimate trainer, cold hearted, and Ash beats him, he remembers what is was like to be a kid, becomes nice, Delia takes him back, he releases all his Pokémon after an intense 6 on 6 battle with his son, moves back to Pallet. Than Ash can be considered the true Pokémon Master for being a strong trainer, and one who is kind to all people and Pokémon. (Something neither his brother or father could achieve. His dad was strong but cold hearted. His brother was nice, helpful , strong but lost the will to continue the dream.)
I’m sorry for how long it is, and for all the punctuation errors. This is what I believe the rest of Ash’s family to be. What do you all think of Ash’s dad?
I really don’t think he’s an only child.

CyberCubed
8th August 2007, 12:13 AM
Ash is an only child. There's no reason for the writers to bring in long lost siblings out of nowhere.

pokemaster95
8th August 2007, 12:21 AM
Hello, I could not find anything like this anywhere else so I made this. (Don't get mad if something like this exists.)
I always wonder about Ash's father and if he has any brothers or sisters. I don't EVER remember anyone giving an explanation to why Ash’s dad isn’t ever seen. They never said he was dead, lost, in the army, or doing time. I think that Ash has an older brother who wants the same thing. The writers have done stranger, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they gave Ash an older brother.
I think of Ash’s brother as the “perfect” trainer, and the closest thing to a true Pokémon master. He’d be 19 and is perfect in ever way but has maybe lost the desire to be a Pokémon Master. He pops in after Ash losses an important battle, completely destroys him but teaches him something in the way. He could also help take out organizations and defend Legendary Pokémon from threats.
Lots of anime have that perfect person who is 10x better than the main character but does’nt get involved in stuff for their own reasons.
I see Ash's dad as a the boss of the anime, the absolute final opponent that Ash must beat for the series to end. ( If it ever does.) He would be something like a nicer and older version of paul but still kinda disrespectful to his Pokémon. He has Legendaries on his team and is somewhat famous for placing 1st in every league in every region.
Basically, he is the ultimate trainer, cold hearted, and Ash beats him, he remembers what is was like to be a kid, becomes nice, Delia takes him back, he releases all his Pokémon after an intense 6 on 6 battle with his son, moves back to Pallet. Than Ash can be considered the true Pokémon Master for being a strong trainer, and one who is kind to all people and Pokémon. (Something neither his brother or father could achieve. His dad was strong but cold hearted. His brother was nice, helpful , strong but lost the will to continue the dream.)
I’m sorry for how long it is, and for all the punctuation errors. This is what I believe the rest of Ash’s family to be. What do you all think of Ash’s dad?
I really don’t think he’s an only child.

Like your idea about Ash brother wiping the floor with ash But before that the anime needs to get better.

I dont know if this is the truth or not but someone who went to comic con last year said That Ash's Farther will be reavealed in DP is this true.

Kazuki Mirai
8th August 2007, 12:53 AM
It's just one of those basic formula where much of the anime character's family aren't known. Nothing much out of it. =/

Kenpachi
8th August 2007, 12:56 AM
Ash is an only child. There's no reason for the writers to bring in long lost siblings out of nowhere.
Who said anything about long lost? I ment that they are never home, so they are never spoken of. His mom never said he was an only child. And I don't remember seeing any family pictures in his house.

B-MAN
8th August 2007, 6:23 AM
Just like in the games they don't give info. I guess the creators hates husbands.

mr mime jr.
8th August 2007, 6:35 AM
you know pokemon has the tendency to leave the parental figures out

ex
Misty= no parents
dawn=no dad
brock= parents were gone for a while
gary= no parents

who knows if they'll ever be seen

Drkecho
8th August 2007, 8:01 AM
gary= no parents

Hmm in the games didn't they say Gary was Oak's son just noticed this difference

Princess Reina
8th August 2007, 9:31 AM
Hmm in the games didn't they say Gary was Oak's son just noticed this difference

No. Gary was Oak`s grandson.

Drkecho
8th August 2007, 9:45 AM
No. Gary was Oak`s grandson.Either way they're related

chorusco
8th August 2007, 9:54 AM
I Dont Think We'll Ever See Ashes Father :/