PDA

View Full Version : Does bulbasaur really want to never evolve?

octoboy
7th August 2007, 11:57 PM
When reading threads questioning if Ash will evolve his pokemon, when bulbasaur is brought up, people always say he's proven to not want to evolve.

However, in the episode bulbasaur didn't evolve, I remember the narrator saying that when or if bulbasaur will evolve will remain a secret. That would mean bulbasaur may choose to evolve later. Furthermore, a lot of guides say that in the episode, bulbasaur decided he didn't want to evolve yet.

What I want to know is if the narrator's line was the same in the Japanese version. Did he say that it remained a mystery if bulbasaur would ever evolve later? Because if so, that means people's claiming bulbasaur wants to stay the same form for the rest of its days isn't true.

Of course, I'm not saying it will evolve. I actually don't think it will, bulbasaur is an old pokemon and won't be coming back. I'm just wondering if that's really a legitimate argument.

chorusco
8th August 2007, 10:03 AM
I Dont Think Bulbasaur Will Ever Evolve

octoboy
8th August 2007, 10:14 PM
I wasn't suggesting he would. I was just wondering if that was a valid argument.

Chorusco, I advise you to say more than simply what you think. Backup is much appreciated.

martianman40
9th August 2007, 7:56 AM
I'm not sure about the jap version, but I heard the english version quite clearly. I think he may evolve eventually.

Xashlei
9th August 2007, 8:02 AM
I don't think Bulbasaur wants to evolve in the English, I'm not sure about Jap.

octoboy
9th August 2007, 10:09 PM
I don't recall the English version saying bulbasaur never ever wanted to evolve. It said he didn't want to evolve in that episode where he could have, but didn't, but where does it say he wants to remain in his form forever?

What I'd like to know is why he didn't have to keep canceling evolution after that. I remember that being a hold up for my lotad.

Cenzo
10th August 2007, 1:21 AM
^Because it's not the games? Bulbasaur probably won't ever evolve as I belive it's mainly a dub-error.

The Inferno
10th August 2007, 1:25 AM
Why won't his Pikachu evolve? Or Aipom?

Really, it is the Pokemon's choice or something.

octoboy
10th August 2007, 1:58 AM
Don't you all understand my post? What I'm wondering is if the dub was accurate. I am not one of those people who want more evolutions and is speculating if one will evolve, or anything. I actually believe bulbasaur won't evolve, I'm just asking if there was any concrete evidence of that, which stated that bulbasaur never wants to evolve (not "doesn't want to evolve at the time" like the episode appeared to say).

I wonder how many of you actually read the first post. People seem to be simply answering to the title alone.

Cenzo
10th August 2007, 1:59 AM
^I actually do think it was a dub-error, as I said in my earlier post.

octoboy
10th August 2007, 2:01 AM
Really? Well, what did the original say? Do you have a source, or is it just a theory?

Cenzo
10th August 2007, 2:02 AM
^A theory, if I had a source, i'd tell you. Kojiro?

pokemaster95
10th August 2007, 2:03 AM
Well they did not say it in the Jap but 4kids add that in pokemon for some reason.Like in one piece in the japanese version smoker exepted the promotion after he told them to eat ****
but for some reason 4kids made him say they are not exepting the award.4 kids just add dumb things like puns.

Glitch Mew
10th August 2007, 2:03 AM
Ash gave him a injection that means he will never 'evolve'....

octoboy
10th August 2007, 8:41 AM
^ he did? Since when?