PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy, Marina, and Paul?

Umbreon Ruler
9th August 2007, 1:02 AM
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Paul

Does anyone else think that Paul is Silver's anime counterpart? I remember hearing about a brief image of a Silver look-alike in the Pokemon Chronicles theme song thing, but he never made an actual appearance. Anyway, I'm starting to think that we've finally got somewhat of a Silver character.

ParaChomp
9th August 2007, 1:03 AM
seems possible

pokemaster95
9th August 2007, 1:06 AM
paul could be shinji that could have been have been shinji back then.

martianman40
9th August 2007, 7:52 AM
Well, I don't deny it. In fact, it seems rather plausible.

EDIT: rank up!

chorusco
9th August 2007, 8:26 AM
So Many Topics About This
They Do Look The Same

Shadow Lucario
10th August 2007, 6:17 PM
They look alike and they act alike I wonder who Paul really is.

n@nd0
10th August 2007, 7:43 PM
Maybe he was inspired in Silver, but i don't think he's his anime counterpart

duncan
10th August 2007, 7:46 PM
Hmm, I never thought about it, but it does seem possible. Actually, I think it might be true, it would make sense after all.

Drkecho
10th August 2007, 8:20 PM
Hmm this is really interesting I might look into this. They do have really same pesonalitys

Klaus
10th August 2007, 10:59 PM
Well, he does have a resemblance...'cept his hair is purple and sexy rival's is blood red.The only thing is that he was probably inspired by sexy rival...I can see it..

As always,be kind to the mime.;122;

thunderblade12
11th August 2007, 6:53 AM
they have the same personality...

ElQuinn
11th August 2007, 8:27 AM
well that little bit about his name meaning second son on bulbapedia makes me think it's silvers anime counterparts little brother. but then i'd just be gullible so i don't know what to think of him.

Reign G
12th August 2007, 1:55 AM
Well, it's possible...They both have Ursaring and Murkrow. Silver has Sneasel and Paul has Weavile...but yeah, Silver appeared in the Japanese opening to Legend of Thunder, which means hre exists in the anime universe. So I doubt it.

Note: For Silver's Pokemon, I'm going by the Manga

ANGELeon
13th August 2007, 10:46 AM
It might be possible I think.

silverdragonlaura
16th September 2007, 9:52 AM
well, in the anime, for the raikou episode if you watch the opening of that episode in japanese, there's a guy that kinda looks like silver, he just looks older.

Alkaide
16th September 2007, 2:38 PM
I actually did notice, and just a few days ago, too. I forget what made me realize that though. But anyway, yes, I think it is a Silver Counterpart.

Shadow Lucario
16th September 2007, 7:25 PM
Hopefully we will find out soon

zeno48
17th September 2007, 1:28 AM
They both have the same personalities and rather some unique similarities but I can't say much since silver has not appeared in the anime excluding pokemon chronicles since he only made a brief appearance.

ManaphyEmuritto23
17th September 2007, 1:31 AM
Yeah, this seems quite possible...

Seijiro Mafuné
17th September 2007, 3:32 PM
He's not.

Silver appearing in the intro of the special confirms it: Silver is not Paul. Paul is not Silver. Silver has a Nidoking in the animé. Paul was not shown to have one. Silver has crimson hair. Paul has purple hair and looks like Brandon from the Battle Frontier as well.

Paul is from Sinnoh, and while we don't know where Silver is, he's likely from where Giovanni is, thus Kanto.

This is a pipe dream. Leave Silver alone, please. He already only had an appearance in a title in JAPAN and not America.

And no, Paul doesn't have Silver's personality. Silver is more full of hate, Paul is just boring in comparison.

So, he doesn't like raising Pokémon. Big deal. Silver hated his rival and simply couldn't understand why they were better than he was, something that doesn't apply to Paul. He didn't 'dislike' raising Pokémon. Really, what do you guys need to understand it?

silverdragonlaura
19th September 2007, 4:01 AM
He's not.

Silver appearing in the intro of the special confirms it: Silver is not Paul. Paul is not Silver. Silver has a Nidoking in the animé. Paul was not shown to have one. Silver has crimson hair. Paul has purple hair and looks like Brandon from the Battle Frontier as well.

Paul is from Sinnoh, and while we don't know where Silver is, he's likely from where Giovanni is, thus Kanto.

This is a pipe dream. Leave Silver alone, please. He already only had an appearance in a title in JAPAN and not America.

And no, Paul doesn't have Silver's personality. Silver is more full of hate, Paul is just boring in comparison.

So, he doesn't like raising Pokémon. Big deal. Silver hated his rival and simply couldn't understand why they were better than he was, something that doesn't apply to Paul. He didn't 'dislike' raising Pokémon. Really, what do you guys need to understand it?

good point! (but silver's not full of hate, i think he's kinder to his pokemon than paul is. He used to be cold but not anymore.)

pit-fall
27th September 2007, 9:14 AM
Love how there posing the same in the link.