PDA

View Full Version : If There Is a GS Remake, How Will it Affect the Anime?

Reign G
10th August 2007, 1:41 AM
Yeah, I've been thinking about that. When FRLG came out, May got Bulbasaur and they left for Kanto (Where she then recieved Uber-Suirtle). If a Gold and Silver remake comes, what do you think would happen? Personally, I think maybe Dawn would get a Johto Starter or two, maybe Totodile and Chickorita, to parallel May's Bulbasaur and Uber-Squirtle.

Then perhaps Oak gets a call from Kurt, asking Oak to take the GS Ball back. The group goes to Johto to get it. Reaching Azaela, they take the GS Ball from Kurt, and instead of heading back to Pallet, challenge the Johto contests and Battle Revolution colloseums in a way similar to the Battle Frontier. Returning to Pallet, they give the ball to Oak and it's never heard from again.

What do you think would happen?

Sigh!
10th August 2007, 2:05 AM
or they could finnaly discover the mystery of the gs ball and go

Cenzo
10th August 2007, 2:06 AM
May will show back up with an Espeon, and Dawn will get Chikorita or may will.

CyberCubed
10th August 2007, 5:12 AM
I don't think we're going to have Ash travel through Johto again.

Remember, the only reason we went back to Kanto is because the writers wanted to put the Frontier Brains there instead of in Hoenn. This time things are different, so I don't think we're in for a repeat of that.

I actually think we'll see more of Marina. She's the only "videogame female protagonist" that has NOT had decent screentime in the anime, and while she'll never get to be a main character like May and Dawn, I think there's a strong chance she'll become a recurring character or perhaps another rival to Dawn.

Mercutio
12th August 2007, 5:59 PM
I'd like them to remake GS, simply because I like the Johto starters/legends and GSC were bad games. There's little actual point, but maybe they'll do it. Another Battle Frontier style thing would be cool.

Mr. Mad
12th August 2007, 6:46 PM
I wouldlove a GS remake, and If there was one, I do think there would be a slight impact on the Anime, but nothing significant like Battle Frontier. Maybe Dawn will get joto starters like May did with Bulbasuar, but nothing like going back to Joto. I think it's impossible to get back the GS ball because the use for it in the games is to get celebi, but they already saw celibi, so there would be no use for it.

pokemaster95
12th August 2007, 6:54 PM
I was hoping For a filler they will go to take on the Chapion ship leagu and battle all the E4 but taking on the Revolution colluseum.

mewmew202
12th August 2007, 6:55 PM
it would be cool if they did that. Like traveling back to Johto. I mean the GS ball was why they went to 2 regions and they just forgot about it.

SBaby
12th August 2007, 9:20 PM
Here's my if/then statement.

IF they remake G/S, THEN there will be a season of fillers. Do we REALLY want that happening? I mean, they did such a wonderful job with the Kanto redux, eliminating two of the established cast members in the process, sort of like how the Transformers Movie from 86 killed off most of the first generation. Not to mention Pokemon left so many plot lines with those characters in the dust.

But it's par for the course with them. Pokemon to me is much like some of the Fanfic writers I've encountered on the net. They never finish what they start. What's funny is that people complain about Fics not being true to the Anime. But if they were, none of them would ever be finished. Think about that for a minute.

Satoshi
12th August 2007, 9:53 PM
Fillers didn't write those characters off. The writers did.

Don't blame Battle Frontier. Blame it for other things... Like how most of the pacing of the Brain Battles sucked a**.

Ben
12th August 2007, 10:31 PM
Remember, the only reason we went back to Kanto is because the writers wanted to put the Frontier Brains there instead of in Hoenn. This time things are different, so I don't think we're in for a repeat of that.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking about. I think that they won't have a Johto adventure unless there's something equivalent to the Battle Frontier in the G/S remakes.

uber gon
13th August 2007, 8:48 AM
I'd like to see what new clothes the writers would make for Ash.

Sir Devious
13th August 2007, 10:03 AM
Yeah, I've been thinking about that. When FRLG came out, May got Bulbasaur and they left for Kanto (Where she then recieved Uber-Suirtle). If a Gold and Silver remake comes, what do you think would happen? Personally, I think maybe Dawn would get a Johto Starter or two, maybe Totodile and Chickorita, to parallel May's Bulbasaur and Uber-Squirtle.

Then perhaps Oak gets a call from Kurt, asking Oak to take the GS Ball back. The group goes to Johto to get it. Reaching Azaela, they take the GS Ball from Kurt, and instead of heading back to Pallet, challenge the Johto contests and Battle Revolution colloseums in a way similar to the Battle Frontier. Returning to Pallet, they give the ball to Oak and it's never heard from again.

What do you think would happen?

That would be great, but they would find out about the GS ball and May would make an appearance... saying she would love to stay but she is headed to Sinnoh... XD

B-MAN
13th August 2007, 11:13 AM
Paul will get MORE generation 2 pokemon, let see...Elekid, Ursaring, Stantler...

Mercutio
13th August 2007, 11:29 AM
I'd like them to remake the games, but the anime would have to be a short chapter, perhaps like the whirl islands thing.

Of course, you can already get Johto pokemon from several sources, I don't know if they'll bother.