PDA

View Full Version : Remake Banned

n@nd0
10th August 2007, 7:40 PM
I was thinking: Why they don't remake anime banned episodes. not all the episode for example: just repalce the Pikachu's Thunderbolt in Porygon's Episode with a normal one, no with the red and blue colors. Or making an Ice Cave with an AG Jynx. I don't think it'll be so difficult

Alakazam
10th August 2007, 7:44 PM
Dunno? I just don't think that they would bother. It isn't that big of a deal to them probably.

Virtual Chatot
10th August 2007, 7:50 PM
What would be the point? They wouldn't air it even if they did remake it...

Now if you're talking about all the episodes being on DVD, that's another story...

TeddiUrsa
10th August 2007, 7:54 PM
Recolouring Jynw WOULD be difficult because you have to redraw almost every cel.

And it would be pointless to remake old episode scenes to show them again when they are...well..OLD episodes. Who cares?
Although..I´d like to see the Whiscash episode..it is my favourite pokemon after all.
It´s not worth the money and it´s not like the Jynx episode is a good one anyway.

What´s the deal with banned episodes?

Heracross
10th August 2007, 11:43 PM
It wouldn't be cost-effective. It would take a lot of time and money to redo a handful of ancient eisodes in exchange for what? Meager DVD sales? Aside from that, the Porygon episode is the only one banned in Japan, and if they aren't even going to put Porygon2 in the animé at all then they certainly wouldn't release the infamous seizure episode again in any form. Especially since iirc the only hard copy of the episode was taken by the government anyway.

CharMaster006
11th August 2007, 1:31 AM
They really should I want to see them. =[

Anaya
11th August 2007, 6:38 AM
Why does it matter? Why waste time on old episodes, when you should be making new ones?

thunderblade12
11th August 2007, 6:42 AM
never gonna happen

~-Overheat-~
11th August 2007, 10:09 AM
;124;;340;I hope that happens.

thunderblade12
12th August 2007, 4:15 AM
they dont really have to remake anything

porygon episode: remove seizure scene(theyre still not gonna take any chances with this one)

dragonair episode: pull a 4kid yugioh dub and make it look like the warden is pointing a finger rather than a gun

boob episode: already been done..half the material was edited out(much more than what was reasonable)

tentacruel episode: remove the scene where tentacruel smashes the buliding

tower of terror: just skip the title sequence

jynx episode: turn it purple..theyve done it before. some people believe it was never shown because team rocket made brock sick or something with a drug...they can avoid conflict with this by saying he had a common fever

whiscash episode: i think it would be fine to show this in america without removing anything(other than the typical script rearrangement and removal of any mature language) i dont think it will happen thought because it never aired in japan.

the only way i can see us getting any of these episodes, even heavily edited versions, is if they decide to release special "lost episodes" dvds...other episodes that they decided to skip would also be included..the hoeen clip show etc

morefirepokemon
12th August 2007, 4:19 AM
lost episode dvd, lol yeah they wont remake them or release them becaues it could back fire and give them bad publicity

Mythic Mist
12th August 2007, 6:58 AM
Naw. Remaking them would take away that special little something these episodes have.

pokemaster95
12th August 2007, 5:57 PM
DP is doing fine and the ratings are better then BF why would they focus on the banned episodes if they could be working on Dp.