PDA

View Full Version : How do you get wild Pokemon to join your team in M.D

SpongeBoblover
12th August 2007, 2:56 AM
I beat the steel bird on Mt steel with Squrtle & Cyndiciyl & Magnemite join my team but how do you get wild Pokemon to join your side?

ShinyManafi
12th August 2007, 3:40 AM
When you defeat them and you have an extra space in your party, they have chance of joining you. The chance increases with your level. For bosses, you'll have to go back and face them again to try to recruit them.

SpongeBoblover
12th August 2007, 3:50 AM
When you defeat them and you have an extra space in your party, they have chance of joining you. The chance increases with your level. For bosses, you'll have to go back and face them again to try to recruit them.

I don't get it, when I defeat them they die no offence!

Ikito
12th August 2007, 5:03 AM
yes sometimes they come back and ask to join you

Shine
12th August 2007, 7:27 AM
And also, if you're recruiting, remember:
- Your leader has to be the one to defeat the pokemon
- The pokemon must be standing next to you
- You must have the friend area of the pokemon (You can buy these from Wigglytuff or sometimes get them from an optional mission)

Garmmon
12th August 2007, 9:55 AM
The Pokemon will not necessarily join you, even if you've met all the requirements. Sometimes they'll just faint, sometimes, they'll ask to join. And just as a note, some Pokemon are more likely to join your team than others. For example, a Slowpoke would be a little easier to recruit than a Doduo.

If you're talking about bosses, same rules as recruiting normal wild Pokemon applies. You may not need its Friend Area in some cases, and some have different rate of joining. For example, Lugia has a friend rate of 99.9% while Groudon has a friend rate of -10%.

You're more likely to recruit Pokemon if you're of a higher level and have a higher rescue team rank, and have the Friend Bow equipped.

If you're talking about Skarmory (the badass steel bird), he can't be recruited when you fight him at Mt. Steel.