PDA

View Full Version : Squirtle and Bulbasaur?

Cenzo
15th August 2007, 1:47 AM
Who do you think abndoned Squirtle and Bulbasaur? We know who ditched Charizard when he was a Charmander, but who abndoned Ash's other Kanto starters? Myself I believe that perhaps Bulbasaur was released by Paul who was recently revealed to have traveled through Kanto. Maybe Squirtle as well, but I doubt that a lot. I belive Squirtle was ditched by a random jerk who Squirtle stole his sunglasses from. Whay do you guys think?

thunderblade12
15th August 2007, 1:48 AM
good idea, its like 1 in a thouusand chance that squirtle or bulbasaur was pauls though. there were plenty of trainers in kanto

morefirepokemon
15th August 2007, 1:49 AM
lol squirtle stole somebodys sunglasse, thats plausible
i think paul could have very well dumped either cause they were weak

Cenzo
15th August 2007, 1:49 AM
Hey, you have to spoiler tag anything about that trainer!

Venusaur Master
15th August 2007, 10:54 AM
well look at paul and chimchar hes almost given up on it, so it is likely that it could have happened to squirtle

Corzola
15th August 2007, 12:08 PM
Hm, I dont think they will have that sort of twist. When Pokemon started I dont think they planned out a storyline background for Ash Pokemon. Squirtle and Bulba was a part of showing different things in the Pokemon universe. That people in general could abandon Pokemons. Paul was long from being "born" into the universe back then.

red2000
15th August 2007, 5:11 PM
That would make things interesting

Cenzo
15th August 2007, 6:30 PM
Hm, I dont think they will have that sort of twist. When Pokemon started I dont think they planned out a storyline background for Ash Pokemon. Squirtle and Bulba was a part of showing different things in the Pokemon universe. That people in general could abandon Pokemons. Paul was long from being "born" into the universe back then.

Then again, with one flashback it's done. I doubt this is true, but it would be a cool twist.

Geostomp
16th August 2007, 12:06 AM
I would think that they were abandoned by some random trainers a while before Ash got started.

When Ash met them, both of them had been implied to be doing whatever they were doing for some time at the point, so I don't think Paul (who's been said to have been going for as long as Ash) could have done it.

Pearl's Perap
16th August 2007, 3:32 AM
People just PRESUME they were abandoned, maybe they were just wild or hatched pokémon, ones who had come into close quarters with humans?

I personally think that Squirtle may have been owned, however, Bulbasaur seemed to be a wild one, in my eyes, protecting the pokémon where it lived, even if it was supported by the girl who's name I have forgotten.

Surreal
16th August 2007, 8:27 AM
Hey, you have to spoiler tag anything about that trainer!

No, he doesn't. Paul has already been seen in the dub.

Reign G
16th August 2007, 9:15 AM
Yeah, but alot of this stuff (Him travelling as long as Ash, going to Kanto, etc.) gives away plot points that aren't revelaed outside of Japan yet. So Spoilers are still needed.

People just PRESUME they were abandoned, maybe they were just wild or hatched pokémon, ones who had come into close quarters with humans?

I personally think that Squirtle may have been owned, however, Bulbasaur seemed to be a wild one, in my eyes, protecting the pokémon where it lived, even if it was supported by the girl who's name I have forgotten.

...Have you not seen the episodes where Bulbasaur and Squirtle were itnroduced? It was cldearly stated they were abandoned.

Crasher
17th August 2007, 10:24 PM
well i think they're wild, as all the proffesors catch them in the wild.

Cenzo
17th August 2007, 10:26 PM
^Ash's Squirtle and Bulbasaur.

Gold10
18th August 2007, 5:56 PM
I bet the writers are going to go againist canon to make Squirtle or Bulbasaur his but that he had abandoned them

EaglesFan15
18th August 2007, 9:16 PM
Honestly, is any of you remember, Bulbasaur lived in this house in the forest who protected the grass pkmn and lived with some girl brock probably liked like always, and as for squirtle, he was in a group of rebellious squirtles who rebeled stuf, cant remember much, but i highly doubt bulbasaur was abandoned, squirtle maybe. Perhaps when he got dutched, he went crazy and went ot the forces of evil. LOL

martianman40
19th August 2007, 2:29 AM
Well, was it actually confirmed that paul was in kanto around the same time as ash? If so, it's possible.

Sir Devious
19th August 2007, 7:24 AM
I think it was just random people. =/

I DO hope that he dumps Chimchar and Ash gets it, then evolves it and pwns Paul with it. =] Then maybe return it to him and show him that he doesnt need to dump every weak POkemon because it can get strong.

Power of Fire
19th August 2007, 8:04 AM
bulbasaur was owned by that girl and squirtle is part of the squirtle squad

eimajamie
19th August 2007, 3:13 PM
Both Bulbasaur and Squirtle were abandoned and Melanie (I think that was her name) took Bulbasaur into her Village and Squirtle joined the Squirtle Squad, he didn't trust humans because he was abandoned by one.

It's a possibility that Paul released them but I don't think they'll include that into the storyline

Leona
19th August 2007, 3:52 PM
wow, you really ought to watch the anime PROPERLY.

/finish

Abraace
19th August 2007, 6:47 PM
Whilst I think it would be awesome to link Squirtle to Paul, I seriously doubt the writers will even consider it, since they haven't really fleshed out many of Ash's Pokemon's historys. Heck, we don't even know how Oak came across Ash's Pikachu.

blazeback
19th August 2007, 7:36 PM
;004;was ambandoned by a trainer maned damion, because it was to weak, but when he saw him batle t. roket he did good and wanted
him back, but charmander torched his *****!!

;007;was part of the squirtle sqaud wich was full of other abandoned squirtles, and later joines ash

;001;was a guard @ a house for abandoned pokemon and was not foound of ash because he tried to catch him but later after he took out team rocket he caught em!

Cenzo
19th August 2007, 7:55 PM
wow, you really ought to watch the anime PROPERLY.

/finish

And by this you mean?