PDA

View Full Version : Max Question

Geostomp
15th August 2007, 8:28 PM
Why did they even bother to make this kid?

He provided nothing to the group, ate up screentime, and appeared to actually suck personality from both Ash and Brock.

If not for him I could actually have liked May even with her horribly done Contests, annoying rivals, and pampering from the writers.

Was there even one person on the planet that liked this kid?

morefirepokemon
15th August 2007, 8:29 PM
nope, he wasnt a trainer just an annoying kid he got lost alot

Typo
15th August 2007, 8:30 PM
yeah he's a dork, but I don't HATE him. I can't wait the the Max VS Ash battle.

Mandi.
15th August 2007, 8:34 PM
You people seriously overreact with Max. I mean, who ****ing cares. Brock doesn't do anything, but you don't seem to mind him. Plus, we need some random people who do nothing in the group. Both Max and Brock add some fun into the show. And Max got some cute moments. Plus, he's adorable, and I think he's funny. 8D

And I don't get why you have to hate May because of Max. Wtf is wrong with you. Lmao.

morefirepokemon
15th August 2007, 8:34 PM
like thatll happen and if it does well probably see a cynthia v. paul esqe pounding

thunderblade12
15th August 2007, 8:54 PM
they could do like good writers and use those 3 years as foreshadowing to show that max will become a trainer, or the max vs ash thing may be a waste of 3 years and another plot hole like the GS ball and ashs promised rematch against everyone he met in season 1

Typo
15th August 2007, 9:47 PM
and who says that those thing won't EVER happen?

Corzola
15th August 2007, 9:48 PM
Max actually didn’t eat up screen time. If you look at the eps you see that he has a very limited role. And he had a thing to do in the group, he was essential in viewing Ash and Mays character development. And he and Ash have a lot of moments where Ash acts like a big brother to him, then showing that he can be mature, as a change form when he was the youngest in the earlier seasons. And as a brother to May he had a lot of important episode storylines. “Hate” an animated character is stupid, either you accept him/her and look at the show or you don’t.

thunderblade12
15th August 2007, 10:38 PM
i hate a drawing!!!

CyberCubed
15th August 2007, 10:51 PM
Geostomp do you watch a bizzarro world version of this show?

In any case, Max actually was well-liked by at least half the fandom. I have no clue how you can say he added nothing when both Ash and May's characters gained some extra character development by having Max around.

Considering this guy constantly makes topics whining about how Ash is "hated" (when in reality, Ash doesn't even get much hate from people who like the anime), and then wonder why Max was here, you must not have a good interpetation of the show or fandom in general.

But considering this guy complains about Contests, I have no clue what show this guy is watching.

Prio
15th August 2007, 10:59 PM
You people seriously overreact with Max. I mean, who ****ing cares. Brock doesn't do anything, but you don't seem to mind him. Plus, we need some random people who do nothing in the group. Both Max and Brock add some fun into the show. And Max got some cute moments. Plus, he's adorable, and I think he's funny. 8D

And I don't get why you have to hate May because of Max. Wtf is wrong with you. Lmao.

Brock had Pokemon. Max was the ****ing tour guide, and did nothing. He was added because the creators needed some one to pull Brock's ear whenever they went into a Pokemon center.

Geostomp
15th August 2007, 10:59 PM
I don't hate Max that much, but I really cannot like him at all.

He was basically just extra baggage that overstayed it's welcome.

As for what someone else asked, I don't hate May because of Max. I disliked her for her poorly done Contests that made no sense the fact that she and they were shown so much while they pretended like those things meant anything.

Now if they were done well, I might have enjoyed them, but they weren't done well enough to think of them as any real competition.

CyberCubed
15th August 2007, 11:03 PM
I don't see why not, the writers put more effort into the Contests during AG than the Gym battles.

As for Max, in all seriousness he DID get more spotlight than Brock got, which essentially makes Brock look more sad since he actually had Pokemon!

May Ketchum
15th August 2007, 11:07 PM
Max wasn't useful, seemed like he knew EVERYTHING, and he thought he was SO perfect ! I hate those types of people and I hate Max beacuse of that. I don't hate May, just Max

R3b3lSarge
15th August 2007, 11:10 PM
i never liked max. i thought he was kinda annoying. the only time i'll like him is when he returns as a samurai and leads a revolt against the emperor of japan. ultimately in the end, he gets hunted down and killed by an commando squad of officer jenny(s) in viridian forest. as for his followers, they'll be shot dead to the last man/boy

Pearl's Perap
16th August 2007, 2:34 AM
Max just acted as a map and the person to drag Brock from humping the legs of many girls, nothing more really, thus, he made up quite a bit of each episode.

Personally, I liked Max, I hope to see him return, especially if the writers remember the bonds he shared with certain pokémon, which was a nice touch in itself. There have been far worse characters than Max, to be fair, he is actually a favourite of mine.

thunderblade12
16th August 2007, 3:08 AM
character development...anyone? anyone? ...

foreshadowing?...

its amazing how little people understand writing...im not talking about not stressing about grammar in forum..thats fine, but doesnt anyone know about character development and foreshadowing?

MidnightTheMightyena
16th August 2007, 3:23 AM
Aww come on guys! I liked Max! He was funny^^............ well kind of.... either way I like him^^ He made a good guide, not to mention he's adorable ;262;

Geostomp
16th August 2007, 3:30 AM
I don't see why not, the writers put more effort into the Contests during AG than the Gym battles.

As for Max, in all seriousness he DID get more spotlight than Brock got, which essentially makes Brock look more sad since he actually had Pokemon!
True, the Hoenn Gym Battles always seemed to be nothing more than a second though to the writers. As did the Frontier battles.

May's Contests were really shoved down our throats despite the fact that they always come down to May and her rival-of-the-day no matter what she used.

As for Brock, nobody was hit harder by Max than Brock was. He's finally recovering, but it's going to take time and a lot of Croagunk, Sudowoodo, and Happiny to get him to full competence again.

CyberCubed
16th August 2007, 4:05 AM
The Hoenn Gym battles were still better than most anything before it. Easy to see, since Kanto barely had any Gym battles that were finished (aside from Blaine, Koga...and Lt. Surge....was that it?), and the Johto Gym battles were a step up, but weren't too impressive outside of a handful.

The entire focus on Ash in AG was his development as a trainer. No longer was he the idiot newbie like he was in Kanto-Johto, AG really pushed Ash's character in the direction he needed to go, gave him great Pokemon, and showcased him as a real and powerful battler.

D/P is about the same, although he's been losing much more frequently because of his new and weaker Pokemon.

torterra4sceptile
16th August 2007, 7:15 AM
he was made to pull brock's ear every time he went all crazy over girls
just like croagunk uses poisen jab now

R3b3lSarge
16th August 2007, 4:07 PM
i still think max will become a samurai. he'd be cooler that way

Shiningstar
16th August 2007, 5:03 PM

I agree with you. Very true.

Hunter_RuLe
16th August 2007, 8:33 PM
Meh, Max had some good moments too imo. He was ther to have a model for all the really young kids that are new too pokemon. He learns them quite a lot at his journey trying to get to know more about pokemon, and he actually had some character development. Ofcourse he wasn't like May, but not to bad for a side character.

Cackles
17th August 2007, 2:37 AM
I hated the way he looked most of all.. if he had been some cute little kid with a voice that wasn't so tragically annoying he'd've been fine I guess... but I never understood why they brought him along in the first place, if May's only ten, Max can't be much older than like 7.